Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
Good morning everybody! Had a wonderful weigh in yesterday - after weeks of 1 or 2 pound losses, I was down 3.2, which got me to THIRTY TOTAL POUNDS! I am so excited I had to post just to see my pretty signature.

For those of us on the official IP "alternative" plan, never getting to ketosis can be quite the mixed blessing. Tiny tastes of forbidden foods are easier to justify, but they still have negative results, and can limit loss much more than I thought possible. I'm committed to staying 100% sugar free this week and running my tail off. I want to see another great loss next week!

My wonderful coach is so nice - she's so supportive and complimentary of how the weight loss is changing my figure. It's so great to see results, it helps me keep my mind off treats!

Have a great day everyone.
WooHoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
So...first day is over.
I did not have my 2nd shake yesterday...so that left me one Protein set short
I went to a poker tourney, and didn't have a way to keep the RTD cold, and NO way can I choke it down warm. My powder hasn't arrived yet, and didn't get home till 12:30..so I skipped it I also didn't get any olive oil in.
I plan on doing better today. Do you take the olive oil straight, if you don't fit it in on your cooking? Not sure I can do that...but will try. I figure the point is that we need that fat to sustain us...

The salt, I just mixed in warm water and had it that way..
Its really important to eat all your protein. If you can't have a shake, even meat/fish/egg is better than nothing.
Suggestion: Can you freeze the RTD the night before for next time and bring it with you? That way it will slowly melt over the day. It will take even longer if you wrap it in a paper towels (that way it doesn't get your bag wet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Kinda having a stressful morning. I walked as usual and had an extra packet (woot!) but... I came out to my car to go to work and someone had smashed the window in. I live in a condo and it was right out front in the parking lot. UGH! I drove it down the street to the closest shop (not even 1 mile away) and the broken window busted in on me. It was so scary! I am glad I did not get any glass on me or get hurt. Whew! LOL the shop owner said I must be taking aspirin because I didn't have a heart attack. Hahaha....

Also my boss is on vacation and he took a lot of work with him, which now he can't do (shocker), and I don't know how I will get it done by tomorrow. Our work is proposals and this one is worth $90M. I may be up all night and I always go to bed at 10 or 11. Also I have choir rehearsal and we have a concert on Saturday and this is the first time we will be rehearsing with the orchestra. Maybe I'll go from 7:30-9 instead of 7:30-10? Why does everything happen at the same time? Heehee, I'm taking next week off once it's delivered. That's it!

But actually I feel very zen and calm and happy. ?!? I'm having a happy IP day. Sometimes you wake up and feel GOOD. Well today is that day and I'm trying not to worry about things. I did haggle with the shop owner a little just to see what I could get out of him. I threatened to take it to another shop so he would justify his price to me. He did. He's a nice guy! He also is letting Safelite glass come and replace the window because that's who my insurance uses and he can't match their price.

My other concern is that I haven't chopped up any veggies for dinner. Seems like a small deal but I am sure I will be rushing and I may eat an entire cucumber, not chopped up, on my way to choir.

Have a good day everyone! It is a good day today.
Oh NO! I had a car window 'explode' on me. I was driving down an Indiana road (straight with corn fields all around) when my drivers side windows just shattered. Scared me so much I ran off the road and into a ditch. The telephone pole at the end stopped me but I had slowed down a lot. I still have nightmares about that. I was only 17 when it happened (26 now)

Sorry about the work. I know how you feel (kinda) I have big projects sometimes that get thrown in on my. My boss is really understanding and tries to make sure I don't get overcommited. Sometimes waiting isn't an option when there is millions of software revenue on the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Found this in a thread I was reading....thought I'd repost it for Juiceman. Not sure how accurate it is...
Thanks! My mom is taking thyroid meds I will have to pass this onto her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Good morning everyone!
Today is day 2! Very excited. I cannot wait to get back in ketosis.

One thing I have been struggling with getting back on plan is the NAUSEA. Holy bananas. It sucks!! I never had this the first go around. It's like the sugar and carbs just won't let go. Body is having major withdrawals, and it is always after the first day. Just gotta keep myself busy today and ignore it. Doesn't help to eat either.
Anyone else had this? Anything that helped alleviate it?
I suffered through the first few days always nauseated. I didn't realize how crappy I was feeling until I felt better. I read somewhere peppermint tea helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxygyal View Post
Had my fourth weigh in this morning, down only a pound Don't understand, doing everything correctly. My journals are perfect, just don't get it. Had my thyroid checked, according to the doc, it's normal. I think there's something going on internally....doesn't make sense.
Are you losing inches? Sometimes a small loss is followed by a larger loss. Maybe change up your packets.

Good afternoon all. NSV-some pants I couldn't button when I started are falling off me (belt required) AND I didn't have to do the pants dance to get my jeans on this morning WOOT!

Hubby's birthday dinner tonight at red lobser-his choice. So that means steak and broccoli for me (they don't have the fish I like-sea bass). Hubby also started P90x Monday. He was pretty sore this morning but worked out like a champ! He said 'I don't know how these people keep up this pace' I replied that he would be able to keep up by the end. He started laughing. But He will. I just know it (and read it).

Welcome to all the new folks. I haven't been here quite a month and I know what you are going through. Welcome!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #62  

Hi There,

i'm new here just on day 2!
Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast: Chocolate Drink
Lunch-Salad and IP Pudding
Supper-Steak and Cucumber and Mushrooms
Snack-IP soy thingies
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #63  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Good morning everyone!
Today is day 2! Very excited. I cannot wait to get back in ketosis.

One thing I have been struggling with getting back on plan is the NAUSEA. Holy bananas. It sucks!! I never had this the first go around. It's like the sugar and carbs just won't let go. Body is having major withdrawals, and it is always after the first day. Just gotta keep myself busy today and ignore it. Doesn't help to eat either.
Anyone else had this? Anything that helped alleviate it?

I have been on IP diet 2 days today and last night I was very nauseated as well. I drank some chamomile tea and it seemed to help some. My major malfunction is that I felt like I was starving to death. Thank goodness I fell asleep, or I might have eaten all the leftovers from Easter dinner and my sons Easter basket
Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!
Congrats to every one on their NSV's today and their WI's.
I am getting back on track yesterday and today fro mthe weekend, I cheated on Easter sunday with a huge meal that I should not have had and some dessert also. I don't feel too bad about the whole ordeal as I have lost 43 pounds in the past 9 weeks. I am back on protocol as of Yesterday and feel great so far. I am not quite back into Ketosis, but that will happen the next day or so. My results will not be as good this week but that is somthing that I came to terms with before I had my cheat.

Hope you all have a great week and keep up the good work with all your successes.

Good new's I finally have my Fiance convinced to join the program also, she see's the results that I am getting from the program and is going to join herself next week!! She wants to rid a few pounds before we get married in July!! IP is the best program I have followed and I have had my share of switching programs!!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Sorry for always being such a question maniac... I am in every area of my life... anyway...

If I bring 2 cups of sliced cucumbers to work for lunch am I on program? Do I have to eat lettuce with them?

Hey Snowclover,

I often do not eat lettuce with my veggies, I usually have my two cups of allowed veggies and am good to go. I find if I get am feeling overly hungry I will add the Lettuce as a filler!!

This is what works for me, you may find something else that works better for you.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #66  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Ok..I have a question..

So, since I've read through everything again, and with the new protocol you are suppose to have a restricted/day, so I ordered some to the Proti-diet bars.

So My question is...this Protein bar is used in place of an IP packet?? right..

So I have my IP packet for breakfast (I'm using an alternative protien shake)
Lunch is Veggies and IP packet (I'm having Hard boiled eggs right now 1 whole 1 no yolk)
Dinner Veggies and Meat
And late snack I'm currently planning a shake...will switch to the protein bar when they get it...Is this correct???

Sorry everyone for all the questions and thanks for the answers
Old 04-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #67  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I'm going to switch to eating romaine and see if that helps at all and start drinking herbal tea. I just got back from the grocery store, and purchased more eggs and celery. I'll boil the eggs tonight and cut up the celery to take to work for when I'm starving tomorrow and see how it goes.

After reading through all the posts today, I think I might also be losing the weight slowly because I have thyroid problems (I'm on synthroid). Thanks to the person who posted the information about the foods to avoid and supplement timing!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #68  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

P.S. is anyone else making SF jello and eating it daily? My coach wasn't very clear when I asked if it was allowed or not. IT helps to curb my sweet tooth in the evening, so I kind of figured it was helping...
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Back from WI #12. I only lost a pound, but when I look at a pound of butter, I am glad I don't have that attached to me anymore!
I lost 2 inches off my waist and a half an inch off my hips, so maybe I am getting smaller, but I don't see it. Maybe that's part of the problem of losing so much in a relative short amount of time, it's takes my mind awhile to catch up with my body.
So here's to another great week. Marathon, not a sprint, and I will get to my goal!!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #70  
Start IP 04-25-11

S/C/G: 260/253.5 5-2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimes View Post
Hi There,

i'm new here just on day 2!
Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast: Chocolate Drink
Lunch-Salad and IP Pudding
Supper-Steak and Cucumber and Mushrooms
Snack-IP soy thingies
Hi Aimes,

I am new her too! This is my 2nd day on IP and I am finding this site so encouraging! Sounds like you are on the right track! They say the 1st 4 or 5 days are the worst because your body is trying to rid itself of all the crap you have put in it, and going through withdrawls. Just take it 1 day at a time and before you know it 3 months will have passed and you will look like a new person.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
P.S. is anyone else making SF jello and eating it daily? My coach wasn't very clear when I asked if it was allowed or not. IT helps to curb my sweet tooth in the evening, so I kind of figured it was helping...
I've always been told if it's not on the sheet, it's not allowed so unfortunately, my guess as to your slower weight loss could be contributed to this as well. That sweet tooth of yours will eventually subside if you stay OP Good luck!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 321/301/?

Hello everyone! Back to work today after 5 days off. I didn't do very good this weekend. I cheated 3 days in a row but thankfully I still lost 1 pound at my weigh in this morning. Today though I am back OP and excited to follow it to a tee

I was able to wear a pair of pants that were previously very tight on my waist this weekend, they were not uncomfortable at all. It was a good feeling. I have a closet full of too small clothes that I hope to fit very soon.

Have a great day everyone !!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #73  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Back from WI #12. I only lost a pound, but when I look at a pound of butter, I am glad I don't have that attached to me anymore!
I lost 2 inches off my waist and a half an inch off my hips, so maybe I am getting smaller, but I don't see it. Maybe that's part of the problem of losing so much in a relative short amount of time, it's takes my mind awhile to catch up with my body.
So here's to another great week. Marathon, not a sprint, and I will get to my goal!!
Way to go, Summer! My coach says sometimes you lose inches before losing the pounds. As you know that's what I'm hoping for so I lose at least an actual pound this week (instead of the fractions I've been encountering).

You are so close to your goal! Woot!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwphy View Post
As someone else said, if its not on the list or 0/0/0 (calories/fat/carbs) then its not allowed.
What about the IP jello? (They call it Jelly). I have that most evenings. I switch it up with the Blueberry cran-gratina drink and OJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post

Woohoo! I don't see the inches, but my clothes sure do? Do you have some clothes that don't fit that you can try on every so often? I have mind lined up in size order so as I shrink I don't have to go digging for the smaller stuff.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #75  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

so week three and feeling great, lost 17lbs so far, I wear scrubs to work but have gone down two sizes already! I no longer kill myself bending down for things, tying my shoelaces is easier, lol its the small things that make you do the happy dance, makes missing easter dinner feel like a breeze!
Closed Thread