Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #16  
Kristin

S/C/G: 216.1/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

ooooh shoot. Sorry! Forgot to say that I also have a snack in the afternoon...1 envelope for snack as well. So having 3 IP foods a day.

As for supplements...
I take a Multi Vita and Potassium/Calcium in the morning with breakfast.
I take 2 floralax with my snack.
At Dinner, I have two cal-mags and 1 multi vita.
Love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #17  
Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Hi- Just to follow on with the question line that Darbs started... When are you taking your supplements?

Even though this is a strict program there are a bunch of variables. Are you feeling hungry? If so, when? Can you get more water in? Do you consider yourself really carb-sensitive? Are you on any medications?

It very well might be your cycle, but it could also be the carb levels (some people are more sensitive than others) or you might not be getting enough calories/protein.

Give yourself another week and try not to get discouraged. We're all here for you. Stick with it!
To answer your other questions....
I do get bouts of hunger.... usually around 11ish and in the afternoon. When I feel like this, I just drink more water. (And I will have my snack late afternoon or after dinner). I can get more water in... I have been drinking way more than suggested the past two days to try and help with the bloating.
I am on no medications.... I am not sure what you mean by carb sensitive... but before this diet I was a "carb junky" and crave them often. I dont think I am carb sensitive...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #18  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

It will be interesting to see what happens for you over the next week. When I mentioned the 'carb sensitive' thing it is just something I've read on here in the past. There are groups of people who lose a lot more when they aren't having any restricted items. There are others who need the restricted per day to lose. There are others who need more protein, so an extra packet helps. Some who need more oil.

After seeing how week 2 goes you might want to switch things around a bit. Now you have to take my advice with a grain of salt because I am one of the slow losers on the board. I have averaged 2.5 lbs a week and had one week with .4 lbs and one with a .2 loss. I haven't gained, but even with my experimentation I haven't found a pattern.

Stick with it and good luck. Hopefully this forum will help you. Even though I've lost more slowly than most, I'm still down 25 lbs. It is worth it.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: H 214/IP 205/192/130

Height: 5'4"

Track the timing of your meals. My coach is quite adamant about the snack being late in the day, just prior to bed, to keep everything on track through the night. The day I started IP I also Started TOM and did still manage to lose the first week. Just make sure you track all the details so you can tweak as needed.
coming40andfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #20  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I don't think you are getting enough water. YOu need to drink about 1/2 your weight in ounces. When I started I would drink about 120 ounces a day. I am currently drinking about 85 ounces a day or more.

On the days I don't get enough water the scale doesn't move. My daughter had the same issue. Make sure you are getting over 100 ounces every single day. I am sure you will see a difference. Good luck to you.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I don't think you are getting enough water. YOu need to drink about 1/2 your weight in ounces. When I started I would drink about 120 ounces a day. I am currently drinking about 85 ounces a day or more.

On the days I don't get enough water the scale doesn't move. My daughter had the same issue. Make sure you are getting over 100 ounces every single day. I am sure you will see a difference. Good luck to you.
While it may work for some, I drink no more than the required 64 oz. each day and am having much success thankfully It couldn't hurt to try more though I suppose. Good luck girl, you can do this!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2travel View Post
Thanks to a great friend, I was educated on IP, and quickly jumped on the train! I was also led to this form which have found to be GREAT support. I can already tell that you are all a great bunch of people, and are full of support. So, thank you!!

My story in brief:
I have always been the "chubby one", I do not remember ever feeling thin or okay with myself. When looking back on pictures from elementary school, I think to myself "Why did I ever think that was not ok? I look fine!!". So, its been a constant battle. I am a stress eater, and the last year has really done it for me. I reached my high of 220lbs, and have felt the saddest I have ever felt regarding myself. I do believe I am pretty, I do believe that I am a good person and have a lot to offer, but when it comes to the weight I am carrying - I am totally ashamed. I am studying to be a social worker, minoring in sociology. I just finished my 2nd year. I know that in order for someone to change, they need to hit rock bottom. THIS would be my rock bottom.

Anyway, I was introduced to IP and after reading up on it, I decided that this WILL work for me. I have been reading all of your success's for the past week, and if you can do it - so can I !! I have been on IP for a week, and so far so good. Yes, (as you all know) it isn't easy, but manageable. MANY times where I have wanted to cheat, but I have stuck to the plan to a T. I already feel a lot better and notice that my clothes are already fitting nicer.

OH I should mention. I started IP at 213, and my goal is 150. So, my goal is to lose 63 lbs.

Today was my first weight in, and it wasn't what I expected at all! Unfortunately, I am on my cycle, so it CLEARLY affected my weight. I gained 3 lbs - weighed in at 216. I am extremely disappointed. Has anyone else had their period affect their weight loss?? Looking for some encouragement, as I am feeling pretty bummed about all that hard work for "nothing"!
Everyone loses at different rates. Don't give up. Be sure you are being anal about measuring everything and drinking your water. If you - like I - have trouble with constipation it could get worse on IP - add Flax to your cereal, salads and soups. There is no taste and it works!
dunwitfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
While it may work for some, I drink no more than the required 64 oz. each day and am having much success thankfully It couldn't hurt to try more though I suppose. Good luck girl, you can do this!
I drink a minimum of my goal weight in ounces everyday. 130 oz. water or more. You can't drink too much water.
dunwitfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #24  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

My coach made a point that drinking too much water can throw off your minerals... If you do drink more and don't feel well, try adding more salt. She suggests 8 to 10 glasses (64 - 80oz) only. I sometimes drink more than that, and haven't had issues when I do. As many have noted, though, everyone is different.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #25  
Kristin

Thanks everyone! I will be weighing in on Monday....so it will be interesting to see what the results are! I will try drinking more water....
Old 04-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
As for supplements...
I take a Multi Vita and Potassium/Calcium in the morning with breakfast.
I take 2 floralax with my snack.
At Dinner, I have two cal-mags and 1 multi vita.
You should have four cal-mag a day, and try to use olive oil on a salad, its not the same for our body when we cook with it. Did you get a package when you joined up, it should have all that marked on it

Last edited by locks; 04-28-2011 at 08:00 PM.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 150/149/135

I'm a dedicated daily weigher and I always, always gain weight around my TOM. I've talked to a bunch of other people about it and it seems to vary - some people gain before, others during. I'm a "during" gainer. It can be five pounds or more. Hang in there, if you do the work the weight WILL come off.
chinakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #28  
Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
You should have four cal-mag a day, and try to use olive oil on a salad, its not the same for our body when we cook with it. Did you get a package when you joined up, it should have all that marked on it
The 2 cal-mag a day was set out by my coach. and I was told cooking with it was okay.... but will use it on my salad instead to see if that makes a difference.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2travel View Post
My start up weigh in was at 2pm (213lbs), and my first week WI was at 8am before breakfast (216).
Another factor that I haven't seen mentioned is that people generally weigh a bit less in the morning then they do throughout the day, so the time difference plus TOM might have had an effect. I also generally try to save most (but not all) of my water intake for after my WI on the day of. Good luck tomorrow!
emily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 223.2/207.8/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliesmom View Post
Hi, Love2Travel. I've been on the diet for about 6 weeks. My TOM did affect my weight loss. I didn't lose even 1 pound for about 2 weeks -- the week prior to and the week including my TOM days. I was quite frustrated. However, the week following my TOM, I lost 3.5 pounds. If you've been following the protocol to the "T," I'd bet that your TOM is just causing water gain. Stay strong and stick with it!
It was the same for me for 2 weeks i lost 3 pounds (before and during my period) and the week after I've lost 5.2 pounds. I hope your next WI will be what you are expecting
Stefany78 is offline   Reply With Quote