Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

I just wanted to say that I made the Crispy Cereal pancake today, and oh my gosh, I don't know why I haven't making it all along!! Sooooo good. I was worried it would be crunchy because of the cereal pieces, but you can't even tell they're there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
treena- i am so laughing at your white out! i moved to the experienced thread a time ago, and we let it rip over there!! we just dish it up in plain black type!
Lol! Here I was feeling bad for craving all those things and more, but I'm glad I can bring some amusement to an experienced IPer! So... how long do you have to be on IP before you're considered "experienced"? When I go there, I won't white it out. I may just make it bold and underlined! Lmao!

Last edited by Treena; 04-25-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been a little blue for about 6 months off and on and today was a bad day. I had two extra pieces of ham (about 2 oz total) but had a 5oz piece of chicken for dinner. But I did have an extra bar. The combo of missing food yesterday, avoiding chocolate both days, it being rainy and being blue was a little much. While I've come a long way already at dealing with my emotions without food I really don't feel guilty or bad about it. I didn't succumb to all the other much worse things I could have eaten. I adjusted my meat so I didn't over do. Overall it's ok. I'm still learning to not turn to food so a little misstep here and there are a possibility.

On a fun note, I'm dyeing my hair!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #93  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`ve asked this before a couple of times, and no one has answered me, but I`ll try again I haven`t lost anything for a month now, so what would you do? Should I phase off and then go back on to lose these last 10 pounds, or what?? I `m following the plan exactly, haven`t had any cheats except for few times of too much protein. I don`t know how to get past this stall. What do others do to shake their bodies up and get the weight moving again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I have not answered because I was not sure you would like my answer...... Maybe you are done. By that, I mean maybe your body is happy where it is for now. Why not phase off, and see how things go? Just my 2 cents, of course.
Those last 10 may be the slowest ever. Try phasing off - you can do phase 2 for as long as you want before you move to phase 3. Sometimes phase 2 can shake things up a bit and you'll start losing again. Others have acknowledged that sometimes a carb cheat day can jumpstart your body again and get the weight loss going again (I tried that on Friday - we'll see on Wednesday how well it worked).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Ok IP family. I need help and guidance. My grandfather passed away this am and I have to travel to Boston this week for service. I plan on staying OP but I was wondering if it would be easier to stay on Phase I or move to Phase 2? I have been wavering on when to change phases for a week or two. I am not at goal weight but am happy with where I am. Can you brink packets in your carry on?? Does stress effect weight loss? Sorry if this does not all make sense. A lot of thoughts racing through my head.
You can do anything you want. If everyone is going out to lunch and you want to do a phase 2 day, do one! If you want to just stick to your packets, that's okay too. Yes you can bring your packets in your carry on, but NOT THE RTDs. They will get confiscated. Yes, stress definitely affects weight loss. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Hi everyone!

I did alright on Easter. I had some blueberries, but I'm not too worried about it.

I'm trying really hard to stick to every detail of protocol. I'm on of those people that tends to get the big picture, but miss the fine points. I often forget to take the supplements... I struggle to get three packets each day and I struggle to get all of my water. I feel like I still have my IP training wheels on. I know all the details, but I haven't been able to consistently bring them all together in one day. Kind of silly right?

Any tips? It's so much to balance!

My coach gave me no hints as to how and when I'm supposed to take these supplements, how do you take them? All in the morning? Throughout the day?
I have 2 7-day pill organizers. In the morning, I take 1 multi vit, 2 cal-mags & my other supplements. In the evening, I take 1 multi vit, 2 cal-mags, 1 pot-cal & my other supplements. It works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIGAL21 View Post
Today I feel pretty normal. All day I've had a mild stale, kind of metallic taste in my mouth. Just seems gross and since water does nothing for it I've been chewing gum. It wasn't til a few minutes ago that I thought heyyy this might be ketosis! I don't feel ridiculously hungry, and the cravings for junk food are better to day than they were this weekend. What do you think? Am I in ketosis?
Yup, that's ketosis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
So today is supposed to be w/i # 2 for me but I called my coach and postponed till tomorrow. This may be TMI but in the last 15 days, I have gone to the bathroom 4 times but only because I have used enema's, sea-salt water flush and even laxatives. On top of this, just got my TOM again even though it was just 2 weeks ago. So I am always either bloated from being constipated, bloated from self-induced contipation relievers, or bloated due to TOM. Has anyone else had a bonafide constipation problem with IP even though you did everything right and drank double water and eat a bag of romaine a day? Please help, I'm worried I am going to get depressed and talk myself into quiting,,, well probably not but if anyone else has some trusted and tried advice, I'd appreciate it! Thanks
Someone suggested taking vit. C every day to help with constipation. I started taking 500 mg at night and have never had an issue.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

THANKYOU for all the advice and ideas on how to get my weight moving again...some I have tried and others I hadn`t thought of yet. I am in phase 2 right now, and thinking about phasing off, but I`m really scared to I`ve weighed 125 before and think I surely can again..but maybe not. Going to add in more exercise and see what happens. I`m just really scared of phase 3 and also phase 4 ( maintence) At least I`m not gaining weight right now, just always the same, but I`m pretty sure I`ll gain back a few pounds when I add carbs in, and I don`t feel like I can deal with that right now. But it also seems like what`s the point in eating like this when it`s not doing anything?! So, not sure what to do about phasing off, but definitely more exercise.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey guys,

Long time no see. Long story short -- I fell off the wagon during my honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't managed to get back on plan. Today is a new day, a new week, and I am trying again. It's been a very rough couple of weeks on me emotionally as I had some pretty devastating things occur in my personal life. It's been dealt with, it sucks, but life moves on and now I need to focus on myself and my health again.
I feel very ashamed coming back and saying all of this. I promised myself this wouldn't happen and here I am. I was doing so well. I felt good. And I want to feel that way again. So I'm here, exposing myself and the guilt I feel. Hoping you all can give me that little push I need.

So, here I go. Day 1.
Welcome back. I think these setbacks can happen to the best of us, the most well intentioned - but sometimes outside circumstances are too much to overcome. So - welcome back. This is my first day back on as well. I ended up taking the whole last 10 days off - had a job that was just too demanding, too difficult to stay OP and do the job effectively. So as Peter Pan would say "straight on til morning". Congrats on coming back. It always feels like the warm embrace of health and potential.

Last edited by esammy12; 04-25-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`ve asked this before a couple of times, and no one has answered me, but I`ll try again I haven`t lost anything for a month now, so what would you do? Should I phase off and then go back on to lose these last 10 pounds, or what?? I `m following the plan exactly, haven`t had any cheats except for few times of too much protein. I don`t know how to get past this stall. What do others do to shake their bodies up and get the weight moving again?
I think you have to be comfortable with your decision and body then do the appropiate phase. It happened to me in phase one too where every week in the last 10 pounds were a small to 0 wieght loss. yes I was dicouraged but stuck with it and now am on phase 3 and quite happy with my body. Probably happier in the long run for staying at phase 1 a little longer to finally get the wieght loss I earned and deserved. If you will feel let down for not meeting your goal, I would stay on phase 1 until 90% of the weight you want to lose is lost. and lose the rest in phase 2. Try to increase the exercise some, is one sugestion. Hang in there and the diet will work for you, the last 10 lbs is the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Ok IP family. I need help and guidance. My grandfather passed away this am and I have to travel to Boston this week for service. I plan on staying OP but I was wondering if it would be easier to stay on Phase I or move to Phase 2? I have been wavering on when to change phases for a week or two. I am not at goal weight but am happy with where I am. Can you brink packets in your carry on?? Does stress effect weight loss? Sorry if this does not all make sense. A lot of thoughts racing through my head.
Sorry for your loss but I think travel and phase 1 is ok, and if you feel you have to cheat get right back to it on the following day if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoderngirl View Post
I have a question, though I don't know if anyone has an answer.

Over the weekend I picked up a rather nasty cold and I'm really tired all the time because of it. I can't take time off of work to rest, so is there some other way to get some energy back in my system? I know it doesn't help that the diet is so calorie restricted. Any suggestions??
Keep taking your salt and drink lots of water.

Well hello everyone, I am one week into phase three now and have gained two pounds the coach says that is really good. I was really happy when I went to buy clothes the other day can't remember ever being a size 6 or 4.
I even had to buy new bras, wow what a fun day. Went off plan yesterday for easter and felt guilty so I ate today as in phase one, and my coach said that was the way it should be handled if the cheat had to happen.

Last edited by Tweety bird; 04-25-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #97  
emh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolphin53 View Post
My first WI today and I went from morbidly obese to highly obese so I guess I did alright. I lost 7.55 lbs and 2.5 inches. I am thrilled that I did so well. I only went off the program yesterday when I just couldn't eat Ideal Protein (of any kind) for breakfast and had 1 whole egg and two egg whites scrambled. My coach was okay with this. Have a good week everyone on our travel to the healthy road.
...what a wonderful week you had; you should be thrilled. Keep 'er going...you can do this!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi

It looks like you are close to your goal weight. From what I have read and what I am experiencing now (major frustrating drag) - the closer to goal the longer it takes. I have read that many of the more experienced group spent more time loosing the last 10 pounds then the first______ (fill in the blank with a number). Having said that what have you tried? Have you tried adding a restricted everyday? Have you tried adding additional protein, for instance a hard boiled egg or slices of ham/turkey (no msg, nitrates, sugars etc), have you added more olive oil to your diet, how about adding a 4th packet every other day? I know that some of these things work for me (extra oil and protein) and others like the restricteds and extra packets have worked for others. One thing that makes a difference for me is how long I take to eat -- I used to spend all morning nursing my coffee with RTD -- my Dr. thinks that causes me to still produce insulin all morning rather then at one time. He suggested trying to consume my meals within 30 minutes from start to finish - admittedly I have a hard time with this but on the weeks where I have followed that advice I have lost more than on the weeks I did not follow the advice. These are just some thoughts to try if you haven't already. If you have then I suspect your body is ready to move to the next phase. Good luck -- let us know how it goes.
I've been nursing my RTD shakes with Chai tea all morning. I'm going to have to give your coaches advise a try! Thanks for that tip.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #99  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and all if your kind words. I made it through day 1!! I'm excited as this whole week I can focus solely on getting back into ketosis - which will help me next week when I go back to clinical and school.
The diet isn't as demanding this second go around. Already knowing the ropes - knowing the dos and donts, what I like and don't like, what works and what doesn't makes it easier and less time consuming. I reorganized my IP section of our pantry, putting it at the forefront of everything else. Now I'm in the midst of organizing everything else - I cleaned out my vehicle top to bottom and my school notes will be next tomorrow. Im treating this as a fresh start!
Thanks again to everyone for your support and encouragement. I sure missed this site!!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Has anyone ever given blood while on this diet? I never gave it a thought until I gave the pint of blood and almost fainted. I have never experienced this before. This was last Tuesday and today is Monday and I am still not feeling 100%! As they say, "No good deed goes unpunished!"
My coach advised me not to give blood, I'd called her and asked since the blood van was at work. I'd normally be one of the first to set up an appointment, but am holding off. Hopefully you feel better soon, now I know not to think about it.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #101  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow This Thread is now Closed

Please post all new topics, replies, and comments on today's thread: 26 April 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 04-26-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Closed Thread