Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Default unhappy camper

So today is supposed to be w/i # 2 for me but I called my coach and postponed till tomorrow. This may be TMI but in the last 15 days, I have gone to the bathroom 4 times but only because I have used enema's, sea-salt water flush and even laxatives. On top of this, just got my TOM again even though it was just 2 weeks ago. So I am always either bloated from being constipated, bloated from self-induced contipation relievers, or bloated due to TOM. Has anyone else had a bonafide constipation problem with IP even though you did everything right and drank double water and eat a bag of romaine a day? Please help, I'm worried I am going to get depressed and talk myself into quiting,,, well probably not but if anyone else has some trusted and tried advice, I'd appreciate it! Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default Breakouts?

Anyone else experiencing more than usual pimple breakouts? I understand this can happen when detoxing but I'm now on week 5 of the diet and it's getting worse. I haven't had these types of pimples since I was in my early 20's.

Any ideas on why and how to banish them?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Default feeling proud!

it feels so good to be able to withstand temptation. i went to a cookout and a birthday dinner and did very well, except i ate 2 ribs. other than that i made it through Easter. nothing sweet! it feels good to say NO! i have never been able to say no, and because of all of you, i have been able to! thanks to you all!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twannab View Post
So - who can tell me what really throws you out of ketosis? How much of what? How sensitive is it? How do you really tell you are in it?
Carbs/sugar can throw you out of ketosis. How much depends on the person. Anywhere from 30-60 I have read. I am not very sensitive as far as I can till because I haven't dropped out. My mother dropped out drinking 2/chocolate shakes/day (highest carbs/shake).
I tell by several ways-metallic taste in mouth, I get a weird buildup of stuff on my teeth several hours after brushing, and my pee smells weird. I also use keostix when on the road to ensure I am still in. I travel for work a lot and eat out for dinner. It is good to know sooner rather than later if a eating what I think is OP at a certain restaurant threw me out so I don't eat there 2 more nights.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
So today is supposed to be w/i # 2 for me but I called my coach and postponed till tomorrow. This may be TMI but in the last 15 days, I have gone to the bathroom 4 times but only because I have used enema's, sea-salt water flush and even laxatives. On top of this, just got my TOM again even though it was just 2 weeks ago. So I am always either bloated from being constipated, bloated from self-induced contipation relievers, or bloated due to TOM. Has anyone else had a bonafide constipation problem with IP even though you did everything right and drank double water and eat a bag of romaine a day? Please help, I'm worried I am going to get depressed and talk myself into quiting,,, well probably not but if anyone else has some trusted and tried advice, I'd appreciate it! Thanks
I have the same issues with bowel troubles (the big C), have you tried taking the floralax? My coach recommended it right from the start as I have always had issues. I take one in the morning, and one again at night. It is very gentle to the stomach, and usually relieves any symptoms within a day or so. If you haven't gone within 2 days, up it to 3 a day, morning, noon and night.
Hope this helps you
Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Update! I felt so terrible on Saturday because I am exercising too hard and not getting enough protein + carbs. My coach told me that he felt that way too once on IP. You feel totally drained, no energy, and you can't think straight. He said that you can feel like that on IP when your outputs are greater than your inputs.

So I should have 4 packets per day on the days that I walk. I walk long-distance (not just around the block), so apparently I have been overdoing it. He told me to have breakfast before walking too.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hey all, just had a good friend of mine join IP and she's posted a question on it's own thread about the potential of TOM affecting weight loss....does anyone with experience or info. about this think they could go and chime in to help her out?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #83  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Well looks like I was not alone yesterday with the train wreck of a day. It started off really well then came appetizers.....I think I did more like an Atkins kind of day yesterday...in any case I am annoyed with myself. The problem is not this way of eating but my relationship with food...something I need to figure out and get help with. I am fine at home, and I am find ordering out at restaurants, and I am fine as a guest in someone's home. I guess my issues will be family holidays. This being the first one since I started IP in January. I need to figure it out before the next family event surrounded by food. I hear you when it comes to all the q and a's. I had that all day yesterday and to be honest it was getting annoying. Glad to be OP today and about to go to bed knowing I did really well today. Yesterday is a closed chapter in my book and today is another start on this journey that I am on.

Have a wonderful night everyone
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey guys,

Long time no see. Long story short -- I fell off the wagon during my honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't managed to get back on plan. Today is a new day, a new week, and I am trying again. It's been a very rough couple of weeks on me emotionally as I had some pretty devastating things occur in my personal life. It's been dealt with, it sucks, but life moves on and now I need to focus on myself and my health again.
I feel very ashamed coming back and saying all of this. I promised myself this wouldn't happen and here I am. I was doing so well. I felt good. And I want to feel that way again. So I'm here, exposing myself and the guilt I feel. Hoping you all can give me that little push I need.

So, here I go. Day 1.
sasha- i'm back on day 1 with ya. misery loves company, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
AMEN!!!

Ashamed?? Why? I'm personally proud of you for owning it and coming back to us. You can do this and please don't be so hard on yourself
stacey- nice pics. great progress! i haven't been on the daily thread for a couple of months, and i can see you have really been working the program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Ok IP family. I need help and guidance. My grandfather passed away this am and I have to travel to Boston this week for service. I plan on staying OP but I was wondering if it would be easier to stay on Phase I or move to Phase 2? I have been wavering on when to change phases for a week or two. I am not at goal weight but am happy with where I am. Can you brink packets in your carry on?? Does stress effect weight loss? Sorry if this does not all make sense. A lot of thoughts racing through my head.
rulemom and susie b- i remember when susie b was dealt a bad hand and i gave her advice to not use a tragedy as an excuse to go off protocol. well, ha! since then my dad died and i did ok for a time, then the fit hit the shan so to speak. so to susie b. i apologize for my crappy advise on a topic i really knew nothing about and to you, just take care of yourself, and expect a bumpy road. I am so sorry for your loss, even though you've heard that a million times, what else is there to say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Hi

It looks like you are close to your goal weight. From what I have read and what I am experiencing now (major frustrating drag) - the closer to goal the longer it takes. I have read that many of the more experienced group spent more time loosing the last 10 pounds then the first______ (fill in the blank with a number). Having said that what have you tried? Have you tried adding a restricted everyday? Have you tried adding additional protein, for instance a hard boiled egg or slices of ham/turkey (no msg, nitrates, sugars etc), have you added more olive oil to your diet, how about adding a 4th packet every other day? I know that some of these things work for me (extra oil and protein) and others like the restricteds and extra packets have worked for others. One thing that makes a difference for me is how long I take to eat -- I used to spend all morning nursing my coffee with RTD -- my Dr. thinks that causes me to still produce insulin all morning rather then at one time. He suggested trying to consume my meals within 30 minutes from start to finish - admittedly I have a hard time with this but on the weeks where I have followed that advice I have lost more than on the weeks I did not follow the advice. These are just some thoughts to try if you haven't already. If you have then I suspect your body is ready to move to the next phase. Good luck -- let us know how it goes.
cheeky- i have been stuck on the last 10 since march... grrrrr. i had a huge cheat and now i'm going to tackle it head on (again!) it seems super common doesn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Has anyone ever given blood while on this diet? I never gave it a thought until I gave the pint of blood and almost fainted. I have never experienced this before. This was last Tuesday and today is Monday and I am still not feeling 100%! As they say, "No good deed goes unpunished!"
angel- i used to give blood on a regular basis, then after about a year, i couldn't understand why i was barely dragging myself around by my own hair. well a few hundred dollars of blood work and i was told by my provider to absolutely not give blood more than 1 x per year, esp given the fact that i still menstruating and i was so depleted. as hard as your body is working right now, i wouldn't recommend the additional stress. i felt bad about not donating regularly but i had to choose. i try to be a hero in other ways now and will be donating plasma next time. they put your RBC's back to help keep your count up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Hey all! I've been having problems occasionalyl getting on the site, and I don't have the internet at home, so my apologies for not being on here as much as I normally am.

Hope everyone who celebrates Easter had a nice holiday! I had ham, and made my own vegetables on the side.

I've been having a tough time for the past week, and I don't know why!! The first 4 weeks, I did great. But in the past week, I've been realllllllllllllly wanting some ice cream, soda, pancakes, biscuits, McDonald's double cheese burgers, donuts, and tons of other things that aren't allowed on IP. I don't know what's gotten into me! I've told myself, I've lost over 17 pounds on this diet, and I've invested a lot of money in it. I know I won't cheat, but I just want these inconvenient cravings to LEAVE ME ALONE! Lol.

I'm also trying to figure out why I've only lost 1.5lbs 2 weeks in a row. I'm not terribly upset, I mean that's 3 pounds I'd still have if I wasn't on IP, but as is commonly shared among us IPers, it's a little discouraging and I'd expected to lose more. I know we all have our slow weeks, but 2 in a row?

"Broken record" is exactly the phrase to describe it! "No, I'm not on Atkins. No, I can't have fruit. No, I can't have dairy. No, I can't have bread and pasta. No, not even the breadcrumbs that are in the vegetable dish that you brought. Yes, I have to have 4 cups of vegetables a day. No, lettuce doesn't count." LOL!
treena- i am so laughing at your white out! i moved to the experienced thread a time ago, and we let it rip over there!! we just dish it up in plain black type!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla1134 View Post
What is IP? And are the majority of people doing low carb, ww, or what? I was doing low carb and lost good but missed certain foods so I switched to weight watchers and I am having trouble losing. My husband wants me to go back to Atkins...any advice? I exercise by walking one day and bike riding the next. I am at 287 and have a way to go....
twyla- i've done ww, atkins and IP. my appetite is in better check when i do a low carb, and i lost faster on IP than atkins in the beginning. the simple carbs in ww always kept me hungry! good luck with whatever protocol you decide to go with!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
I have the same issues with bowel troubles (the big C), have you tried taking the floralax? My coach recommended it right from the start as I have always had issues. I take one in the morning, and one again at night. It is very gentle to the stomach, and usually relieves any symptoms within a day or so. If you haven't gone within 2 days, up it to 3 a day, morning, noon and night.
Hope this helps you
Thanks GailMarie, I actually just ordered some Natural Calm, enzymes and Omega 3's from Netrition so hopefully I will get some relief soon! I can't fathom drinking another sea-salt mixture or using another enema!!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Dear Camper, I know I shouldn't laugh, but you are pretty funny! I feel your pain. I'm 13 weeks in as of tomorrow, and I jUST found a tea made by YOGI called "Get Regular" and I can attenst to the fact that it works! You can have up to 4 cups a day. I would definately recommend it. I bought it at WalMart!
See if that doesn't help. I too tried all the above remedies. The Salt flush didn't even work, I considered the stuff they make you drink before a colonoscopy! That's desperation.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
I also heard that. How much should you take in a day?
I take 3 a day. morning, noon, and evening.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thanks GailMarie, I actually just ordered some Natural Calm, enzymes and Omega 3's from Netrition so hopefully I will get some relief soon! I can't fathom drinking another sea-salt mixture or using another enema!!
Take 3 tablespoons of Calm in the evening. It will give you the urge to go. Sea Salt helps? I had no idea about that.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post

stacey- nice pics. great progress! i haven't been on the daily thread for a couple of months, and i can see you have really been working the program!
Nice to see you around and thanks so much!!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey guys,

Long time no see. Long story short -- I fell off the wagon during my honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't managed to get back on plan. Today is a new day, a new week, and I am trying again. It's been a very rough couple of weeks on me emotionally as I had some pretty devastating things occur in my personal life. It's been dealt with, it sucks, but life moves on and now I need to focus on myself and my health again.
I feel very ashamed coming back and saying all of this. I promised myself this wouldn't happen and here I am. I was doing so well. I felt good. And I want to feel that way again. So I'm here, exposing myself and the guilt I feel. Hoping you all can give me that little push I need.

So, here I go. Day 1.
Welcome back! We all fall, it's getting up that makes a difference. We're here for you!
Closed Thread