Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Random thing I've noticed lately: Normally, I'm either really warm or hot, and I have to keep the temperature low to stay comfortable (I live in Florida). However, lately, I've been feeling cooler, and today I even got goosebumps at work. I'm thinking it's becasue I'm losing my body's "blanket"! Lol.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 148/132.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I agree with adding vitamin B-- I also up my intake of vitamin D when I am sick. For me this helps me get over a cold so much faster --It works better then zicam, wellness formula, and other naturopathic cold relief. I up my dose significantly for about 4 days and it usually takes care of the cold. I would also suggest adding a probiotic a few times a day to help build up your immune system as you are fighting this cold. I also eat more protein when I get sick and I add a restricted - I find my body needs that extra something to function and fight a cold. Hope this helps--get well!!!!!
Thanks! I'll take some vitamin B and ask my coach what else he recommends when I WI tomorrow.

Also - I had to share this - I just put about 1/2 tsp of vanilla, butter and nut flavoring (Kroger brand) to the vanilla pudding and it is AMAZING. I mean I liked the vanilla pudding just fine, but this takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #63  
Re-started IP 01/16/12

S/C/G: 220/206/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Happy Monday everyone. I was super good for Easter... Although I'm really sick of explaining the program to people. Does anyone else feel that way? I feel like a broken record. "No, it's not like Atkins at all..." "Yes, I eat vegetables. Lots of them." "No, I can't eat fruit. I will eat fruit again later."

I am off to dr visit and WI in about an hour so I will post results later. It's Monday. Easter is BEHIND us. Here's to a great OP week for everyone.

If you cheated, put it behind you! It's a new day.
Yes I dread being questioned by people about IP for some reason! I just say it's a protein diet my dr put me on and leave it at that. I haven't had anyone like interrogate me about it but I know people will think I'm being scammed or something. My husband does. I don't care if it's overpriced, I've seen it work for so many people on here and I just knew it would work for me. I NEED a strict diet that says "here, eat this, this and this" in order to succeed. If I'm just given vague instructions to "eat better" I will do it for a few days then get lazy and start cheating until I'm back to 100% junk food. I need the strict diet, and I love the simple shakes. If I have to figure out how to cook a complicated meal I will say screw it and order a pizza instead. I can handle figuring out dinner every night tho

As far as the cost goes, I see it as a motivation to follow through and not cheat. I put $350 down for 2 weeks of food and vitamins AND I love having the personal consultant. To me, so far, it is worth it to lose the weight.

So while this diet may not be for everyone, I say if it works for us then we rock for finding something that works and sticking with it. I just try to avoid talking to outsiders too much about it, since being so new to it I'm not really ready to explain the science behind it in detail. Don't worry about those haters
Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #64  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Hey guys,

Long time no see. Long story short -- I fell off the wagon during my honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't managed to get back on plan. Today is a new day, a new week, and I am trying again. It's been a very rough couple of weeks on me emotionally as I had some pretty devastating things occur in my personal life. It's been dealt with, it sucks, but life moves on and now I need to focus on myself and my health again.
I feel very ashamed coming back and saying all of this. I promised myself this wouldn't happen and here I am. I was doing so well. I felt good. And I want to feel that way again. So I'm here, exposing myself and the guilt I feel. Hoping you all can give me that little push I need.

So, here I go. Day 1.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #65  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIGAL21 View Post
Yes I dread being questioned by people about IP for some reason! I just say it's a protein diet my dr put me on and leave it at that. I haven't had anyone like interrogate me about it but I know people will think I'm being scammed or something. My husband does. I don't care if it's overpriced, I've seen it work for so many people on here and I just knew it would work for me. I NEED a strict diet that says "here, eat this, this and this" in order to succeed. If I'm just given vague instructions to "eat better" I will do it for a few days then get lazy and start cheating until I'm back to 100% junk food. I need the strict diet, and I love the simple shakes. If I have to figure out how to cook a complicated meal I will say screw it and order a pizza instead. I can handle figuring out dinner every night tho

As far as the cost goes, I see it as a motivation to follow through and not cheat. I put $350 down for 2 weeks of food and vitamins AND I love having the personal consultant. To me, so far, it is worth it to lose the weight.

So while this diet may not be for everyone, I say if it works for us then we rock for finding something that works and sticking with it. I just try to avoid talking to outsiders too much about it, since being so new to it I'm not really ready to explain the science behind it in detail. Don't worry about those haters
I ask people why they buy bagged lettuce. They normally say because they "like the convenience" or "someone else has done all the work for me". I then look at them and say "this diet is just like that.". It's strict, but easy to follow. Someone else has done all the thinking and I just do what they tell me and the weight falls off. And it's convenient.

I'm willing to pay for that and I'm worth every penny. I love the term "haters" too. There are lots of angry people out there that don't like it when others succeed. I think it says more about them than it says about me.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:

AMEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey guys,

Long time no see. Long story short -- I fell off the wagon during my honeymoon in Hawaii and haven't managed to get back on plan. Today is a new day, a new week, and I am trying again. It's been a very rough couple of weeks on me emotionally as I had some pretty devastating things occur in my personal life. It's been dealt with, it sucks, but life moves on and now I need to focus on myself and my health again.
I feel very ashamed coming back and saying all of this. I promised myself this wouldn't happen and here I am. I was doing so well. I felt good. And I want to feel that way again. So I'm here, exposing myself and the guilt I feel. Hoping you all can give me that little push I need.

So, here I go. Day 1.
Ashamed?? Why? I'm personally proud of you for owning it and coming back to us. You can do this and please don't be so hard on yourself
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #67  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey guys,

So, here I go. Day 1.
"Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting back up." So, welcome back! Brush that shame off your shoulder and dive in the deep end. We're here for you.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #68  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Thank you, ladies.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 262/254.5/170

Height: 5"7"

Quote:

That is the exact reason I give when I'm asked why I'm paying so much for IP. BECAUSE I'M WORTH EVERY PENNY, it's easy and all it takes from me is a little knowledge (which I'm getting from this forum) and willpower.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #70  
Re-started IP 01/16/12

S/C/G: 220/206/130

Howdy all,
So I am on Day 5 and feeling pretty good Not sure if I'm in Ketosis or not, but it seems like by now I should be... I have woken up with a headache a couple of times but chugging salt water did the trick just like my coach said it would. I haven't cheated at all, but this weekend I did miss a couple of protein shakes. I also didn't get to rest, unfortunately we had a big garage sale that we HAD to do this weekend so I was working and in the heat all weekend. The only weird symptom I had was Friday night, preparing for the garage sale. That was day 2. It wasn't even that late, I was just sitting on the couch making signs to put around the neighborhood and I got hit by this wall of exhaustion and stupidity! I just stared at the poster thinking... what is my address again??? I had to ask my husband lol I think that was a diet related thing. I had a slight headache that night. The next morning is when I woke up with the really bad headache that saltwater helped. Other than that the weekend, days 3 and 4, was uneventful symptom-wise. I missed a couple shakes since we were so busy. I was tired, but that was normal for manual labor in the heat.

Today I feel pretty normal. All day I've had a mild stale, kind of metallic taste in my mouth. Just seems gross and since water does nothing for it I've been chewing gum. It wasn't til a few minutes ago that I thought heyyy this might be ketosis! I don't feel ridiculously hungry, and the cravings for junk food are better to day than they were this weekend. What do you think? Am I in ketosis?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Happy Monday everyone. I was super good for Easter... Although I'm really sick of explaining the program to people. Does anyone else feel that way? I feel like a broken record. "No, it's not like Atkins at all..." "Yes, I eat vegetables. Lots of them." "No, I can't eat fruit. I will eat fruit again later."
Yes!!! I get tired of saying, "I can't eat that." "No, I can't have that either." and on and on. And people saying "Just a little won't hurt". And people telling me I am getting too skinny. What?!?!

Quote:
Don't worry about those haters
Amen.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Ok IP family. I need help and guidance. My grandfather passed away this am and I have to travel to Boston this week for service. I plan on staying OP but I was wondering if it would be easier to stay on Phase I or move to Phase 2? I have been wavering on when to change phases for a week or two. I am not at goal weight but am happy with where I am. Can you brink packets in your carry on?? Does stress effect weight loss? Sorry if this does not all make sense. A lot of thoughts racing through my head.
I travel regularly. Packets are fine in the carry on. The salt they might tag as a potential explosive and do the swabs of your carry on, but that is it (and not that painful)

Quote:
Howdy all,
So I am on Day 5 and feeling pretty good Not sure if I'm in Ketosis or not, but it seems like by now I should be... I have woken up with a headache a couple of times but chugging salt water did the trick just like my coach said it would. I haven't cheated at all, but this weekend I did miss a couple of protein shakes. I also didn't get to rest, unfortunately we had a big garage sale that we HAD to do this weekend so I was working and in the heat all weekend. The only weird symptom I had was Friday night, preparing for the garage sale. That was day 2. It wasn't even that late, I was just sitting on the couch making signs to put around the neighborhood and I got hit by this wall of exhaustion and stupidity! I just stared at the poster thinking... what is my address again??? I had to ask my husband lol I think that was a diet related thing. I had a slight headache that night. The next morning is when I woke up with the really bad headache that saltwater helped. Other than that the weekend, days 3 and 4, was uneventful symptom-wise. I missed a couple shakes since we were so busy. I was tired, but that was normal for manual labor in the heat.

Today I feel pretty normal. All day I've had a mild stale, kind of metallic taste in my mouth. Just seems gross and since water does nothing for it I've been chewing gum. It wasn't til a few minutes ago that I thought heyyy this might be ketosis! I don't feel ridiculously hungry, and the cravings for junk food are better to day than they were this weekend. What do you think? Am I in ketosis?
Welcome to ketosis-land where the fat just melts away! However, watch your gum! Even the sugar free has 1 carb/stick. 1 piece/day won't kill your but more than that might!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #73  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats pxlkitty4!!! Thats awesome!!!! I can't wait to be under 200!!! Its so close... 25 pounds and I'm there! on day 11 so hopefully by mid May I will be there??!!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #74  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
What is IP? And are the majority of people doing low carb, ww, or what? I was doing low carb and lost good but missed certain foods so I switched to weight watchers and I am having trouble losing. My husband wants me to go back to Atkins...any advice? I exercise by walking one day and bike riding the next. I am at 287 and have a way to go....
IP is Ideal Protein
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #75  

So - who can tell me what really throws you out of ketosis? How much of what? How sensitive is it? How do you really tell you are in it?
Closed Thread