Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Default yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Official WI! I've lost 8.2 pounds since getting my new scale! By golly, it's working!! I am starting week 4 on Sunday and I am so happy about it!! The seat belt fits better in the car too! I will not weigh myself everyday! I will not get discouraged! I can do this! I will do this! I will cheer others on as they do this!
i am so proud of you! you are going to do wonderful!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #47  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Hola and

So I had WI# 3 today, down another 2lbs for a total of 8. Needless to say it feels like this is really going S-L-O-W for me, especially with all of the losses I see everyone else post Feeling a little down and out right now....I guess I expected more and the cost is really expensive, just wondering if I could not get the same results with some hard work and determination in the gym? Im an avid gym goer but have been told to not workout while on phase 1 by my nutritionist. UGH just need a pick me up I guess.

Hoping you all have a great Easter weekend OP!

CIAO
Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Just a drive by post for me right now as I have 3 gorgeous babies to photograph soon!

I wanted to share my news though! Started a temporary phase down for my upcoming trip to Disney so I've been on phase 2 this week. Just got back from weigh in and am down another 3.9 lbs. which officially puts me at the

-40 lbs. mark in just 9 weeks!!!

Can't even explain how happy and excited I am...my goal when I started this was to be around -40 lbs. by the time the trip came around and here I am with a week to go

Started phase 3 just now, had my big breakfast and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't as "amazing" to have those carbs again as I thought it would be. I'm nervous about any potential cravings I may have later but know that I've just been far too successful with this to screw it up!

Thanks for letting me share, will check back in later!
WOW! Stacey, that is wonderful - so happy for you!! Will make your vacation even sweeter having accomplished this. Way to go!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #49  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hola and

So I had WI# 3 today, down another 2lbs for a total of 8. Needless to say it feels like this is really going S-L-O-W for me, especially with all of the losses I see everyone else post Feeling a little down and out right now....I guess I expected more and the cost is really expensive, just wondering if I could not get the same results with some hard work and determination in the gym? Im an avid gym goer but have been told to not workout while on phase 1 by my nutritionist. UGH just need a pick me up I guess.

Hoping you all have a great Easter weekend OP!

CIAO
Greetings from NOT the biggest loser. I, too, have slow losses despite being diligent with the program.

BUT-- before you decide you aren't destined for IP tell us a little more about what you're eating, when you're eating, etc. Do you have restricted items every day? Do you get your supplements? Do you get your oil and salt? What about all your veggies? Which veggies? How much water are you drinking?

Give us some info and a lot of the experienced folks can provide you with more information. Sometimes shaking things up a little can help (more protein, 'real' meal at lunch instead of dinner, less 0-0-0 items that aren't on the list)...

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 04-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #50  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline1984 View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first time writing on this thread. I've been reading everyone's messages for the past few weeks and I have found it very encouraging. I am finishing my 3rd week on IP. Week 1 I lost 7 pounds and 2 week 2 I lost 5 pounds.

I just came back from WI-3 and I only lost 1 pound. I'm pretty discouraged. I think I became too confortable and I have been eating things that were off program. I thought they were ok since they had no carbs but I guess I was wrong.

I would like you guys to tell me what you think of eating these foods in very small quantities:

mayo (I hate the WF dressings, all of them...I don't really know what to use on my salad)
olives
nuts
peperoni
butter

I also did not have any restricted all week. Do you think this could have impacted my weight loss. My coach tells me I should only have restricted about 3 times a week. What do you think about that?

Thank you so much for your help!
I hate to be the first one to say it, but none of the items you list are on the approved IP list. So no, you shouldn't be having them. Even in 'small quantities' they absolutely can affect your loss. 13 lbs in 3 weeks is incredible, but you have to stick with the program to realize the benefits.

Sorry to be the messenger...
Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Official WI! I've lost 8.2 pounds since getting my new scale! By golly, it's working!! I am starting week 4 on Sunday and I am so happy about it!! The seat belt fits better in the car too! I will not weigh myself everyday! I will not get discouraged! I can do this! I will do this! I will cheer others on as they do this!
Great news!! I'm so inspired & awed by your commitment - you've overcome a lot in these 3 weeks & stayed true to the program & yourself! WTG!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #52  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Ok I would like to share my NSV today. I met again with my trainer at lunch to do a body fat analysis. We did a hand held impedence measurement and also did a skin fold measurement. The impedence machine gave me a value of 14.8% and the skin fold caliper measurement gave me 12.4%! I was expecting a significantly higher number, but I got a number of 12.4%. Wow I am amazed! We are going to shoot for 9% and continue to build muscle. I may be phasing off here soon just so I have the calorie intake to support lifting. I will let you all know. Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #53  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Great Job! You will do just fine on this program. Look at you go! I am very happy for you. One day at a time and it will be no problem for you. Hope we can help you out!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #54  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I hate to be the first one to say it, but none of the items you list are on the approved IP list. So no, you shouldn't be having them. Even in 'small quantities' they absolutely can affect your loss. 13 lbs in 3 weeks is incredible, but you have to stick with the program to realize the benefits.

Sorry to be the messenger...
I forgot to add one thing. I was having a hard time with dressings for salads, too. I use white vinegar, olive oil, some dijon and herbs to make a dressing for my salads. It tastes really good and is super easy. I hope that helps with the dressing issue.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #55  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Had my second weigh in today. -2 pounds.... I'm trying not to let that creeping "I wish it were more" feeling take over. 2 lbs in 7 days is just fine.

My coach thinks two things slowed me down. TOM and I was averaging 2 packets a day. I HAVE to get 3 a day in...

A NSV though, I managed to mush myself into my prepregnancy jeans for the first time since my daughter was born!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #56  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Greetings from NOT the biggest loser. I, too, have slow losses despite being diligent with the program.

BUT-- before you decide you aren't destined for IP tell us a little more about what you're eating, when you're eating, etc. Do you have restricted items every day? Do you get your supplements? Do you get your oil and salt? What about all your veggies? Which veggies? How much water are you drinking?

Give us some info and a lot of the experienced folks can provide you with more information. Sometimes shaking things up a little can help (more protein, 'real' meal at lunch instead of dinner, less 0-0-0 items that aren't on the list)...
Thanks for your reply! So I get 4 packets a day - 1 breakfast 1 lunch and 2 snacks (only 1 restricted allowed per day) I often have the cereal for breakfast or a ready made shake - all IP products. For lunch it is usually omelet with veggies (bell peppers/zucchini/mushrooms or a variation thereof) with lots of romaine lettuce with sea salt, olive oil and white vinegar. Some days I have the spaghetti bolognese for lunch or cream of mushroom soup. Dinner is usually fish or chicken with broccoli/zucchini/kale/spinach/bell peppers or a varation of all with lots of romaine lettuce with sea salt, olive oil and white vinegar . I am drinking more than the required amount of water - at least 3 litres per day and probably more most days. As for other 0/0/0 products I sometimes use the WF honey bbq sauce and I just purchased the WF mayo but haven't tried it yet! To flavor water I use lemon juice (freshly squeezed) and stevia for hot herbal teas.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated from the more experienced IPers!!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #57  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

hello lovely IP family! i just wanted to stop in and report that i finally made it into the 170s! i honestly can't remember the last time i was here. probably sometime in high school. anyhow, that puts me at only 18 lbs from my original goal! i'm pretty sure my goal is going to have to be modified to maybe around 150/145 though. 160 was a total pipe dream when i first started in January... now i feel so close! it's an excellent feeling!!

good luck to everyone this weekend! you are all amazing!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #58  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline1984 View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first time writing on this thread. I've been reading everyone's messages for the past few weeks and I have found it very encouraging. I am finishing my 3rd week on IP. Week 1 I lost 7 pounds and 2 week 2 I lost 5 pounds.

I just came back from WI-3 and I only lost 1 pound. I'm pretty discouraged. I think I became too confortable and I have been eating things that were off program. I thought they were ok since they had no carbs but I guess I was wrong.

I would like you guys to tell me what you think of eating these foods in very small quantities:

mayo (I hate the WF dressings, all of them...I don't really know what to use on my salad)
olives
nuts
peperoni
butter

I also did not have any restricted all week. Do you think this could have impacted my weight loss. My coach tells me I should only have restricted about 3 times a week. What do you think about that?

Thank you so much for your help!
Be encouraged! Your weight loss so far is great. Review your phase 1 protocol sheet and eat only what is listed on it. Read on this site and you will get ideas that will help you. When in doubt ask questions. This plan works. Judy
Old 04-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #59  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I had a strange experience today. I had to go shopping because literally everything that I could possibly wear to work is falling off me.

So... I wandered around the thrift shop and found some great things: Ann Taylor Loft pants in size 12 ($5.99) and Talbots dress pants in size 10 (almost fit) ($5.99). I also got a pair of jeans (sz 12) and a pair Old Navy work pants in size 10.

You can't try stuff on there, so I made sure to measure myself before I went and took the tape measure with me to measure the clothes. Everything fits or "almost" fits so I will be shrinking into these soon... They didn't really have any good tops for work, so I broke down and went to the mall and looked around for some things there.

Lord and Taylor.
First of all, I almost cried because I was so overwhelmed with the huge amount of clothing that is in the normal part of the store. I'm used to shopping in the Women's section, where I remember things being dark colored, somber, and boring... Just the types of clothes that I am used to buying nad wearing....

This is apparently NOT the case in the normal section of the store... Everything looked like something that the Easter Bunny would pick out. Also, apparently the designers this season have decided to torture us women with weird little slevelets and lots and lots of "ruffly" things on the front of everything. Has anyone else noticed this?

Don't get me wrong. I skipped the XL and have to shop for some size LARGE shirts, so this is thrilling. I managed to find a few tops here and there, but they are all really t-shirt type fabric and I can't really get away with them for work. I was also looking for a cardigan (yes, I'm freezing all the time right now like many others...) for my office and perhaps some nice layering pieces.

Everything I looked at was a) ruffly or had flowers pasted on it, b) open-front
cardigans with sloppy looking edges, or c) some awful Easter color that makes me want to vomit.

Is something wrong with me???

JC Penney. OK, this is the go-to store for boring monochromatic clothes, right? NO! Apparently everything boring and monochromatic now has to be ordered from the website and isn't in the store here. Sigh...

Oh well. I did get some great doorbuster deals on some bras and pantyhose, which I also desperately needed. And I got some work shirts for DH.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #60  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hello lovely IP family! i just wanted to stop in and report that i finally made it into the 170s!
Congrats. I hope to make it there myself in the next week or two.
Closed Thread