Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #106  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Morning everyone, I want to first say you all are a true motivation and I love this community as I see it an essential part of the IP program. Day 10 for me today and Im feeling great. I cant seem to be able to shake the big "C". I incorporate at least one whole bag of Romaine hearts a day! My coach told me to take Colace, but so far nothing. Going to Chilis for the hubby's B-day and then the movies. I already researched the menu and glad I can stay 100% OP! Everyone have a spectacular day

congrats on feeling so good. i also have felt great on this program. i love this community also. i'm addicted and i have to read all the posts every night. i take floralax, for the big "c", and it works great for me. have a good evening at chili's.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Thank you so much! I really am looking forward to the numbers going down. I know it's a lot to go, but it could have been worse. I think it's been the wake-up call I needed to make this diet and lifestyle change work. I've found an organic local farm that sells shares of its crops every year. For $800 you get a box load of freshly harvested veggies and fruit from May through October every week. Some of the harvest isn't IP friendly (squash, beans, fruit, etc...) So I am keeping this in mind as a present to me for going on phase 4. There is also a place to buy a whole cow, yes a whole friggin cow, and they do whatever cuts you want, including ground. Another gift to me (so I guess a deep freezer will be a gift to the hubs for this) after I lose all of this extra weight.

Thank you so much! I will try to just weigh myself once or twice a week. I did have fun today by weighing before and after I peed. Hubs said that was a total guy thing to do. I never knew urine weight that much!

Congratulations on the size 12 bathing suit! Amazing!

Thank you!! Yeah, hubs said I don't look like I weigh that much because of the height. I said, but I feel like I weigh this much!

I will visualize the fat cells leaving when I pee. That sounds hilarious and motivating! Will definitely drink even more water!
I love your attitude. you can accomplish anything you set your mind to I can tell! Are you an aries???????? come on, tell.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Nori and sea vegetables

Sushi lovers- can't you just use regular nori to make your IP sushi? Seaweed is algae and therefore the first veggie listed on our Phase 1 sheet. I've been eating nori (1 sheet) every day on IP. I just toast it and munch on it. The package says to toast it and then use for sushi. I have never made my own sushi though I love watching sushi chefs!

I know sea vegetables help the thyroid, so that's why I'm eating it. It tastes nice too! I tried to get wakame seaweed at an Asian market but it tasted so funny, nothing like the wakame salad they serve at sushi places.

Is anyone else eating sea vegetables and what are you eating?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 213/173/145

Default Help! I'm In Tears!

Hi everyone,

So I've been on IP since 1/16/11 and I've lost 40 lbs. However, I've been stuck at 173lbs for the past 3 weeks. I'm so frustrated because I've never cheated and I'm making a huge sacrifice financially.

During my session today my coach looked at me and basically said that she didn't have any answers for me. I'm a nurse and I work long 12 hour days, the concern is that I'm not eating often enough. After I mentioned this to my coach she suggested that I divide up my 4 cups of veggies throughout the day and have 4 packs instead of 3? I'm so confused by this because I don't want to gain. Please help me...
I'll take all of the advice I can get!

Daily Menu Sample

Bkf - Shake, vitamins

Lunch - 2 cups of salad & 2 cups of veggies with protein

Dinner - Shake, 2 cups of veggies & salad, vitamins

Snack - Drink, vitamins

Thanks
Amanda
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Sooooo totally craving some more broccoli right now.....so unreal......

I will have to make sure to grab a bunch with my stir-fry veggies for lunch tomorrow.

And decide where I will have dinner tomorrow...a steak I think...with BROCCOLI!

EEEK!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #111  

Default let's help her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswanjewel View Post
Hi everyone,

So I've been on IP since 1/16/11 and I've lost 40 lbs. However, I've been stuck at 173lbs for the past 3 weeks. I'm so frustrated because I've never cheated and I'm making a huge sacrifice financially.

During my session today my coach looked at me and basically said that she didn't have any answers for me. I'm a nurse and I work long 12 hour days, the concern is that I'm not eating often enough. After I mentioned this to my coach she suggested that I divide up my 4 cups of veggies throughout the day and have 4 packs instead of 3? I'm so confused by this because I don't want to gain. Please help me...
I'll take all of the advice I can get!

Daily Menu Sample

Bkf - Shake, vitamins

Lunch - 2 cups of salad & 2 cups of veggies with protein

Dinner - Shake, 2 cups of veggies & salad, vitamins

Snack - Drink, vitamins

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda, slip a restricted in there daily and see if that helps. Are you making sure you're getting all your water? You probably walk a lot and need either more protein or a restricted. Of course what the heck do I know, anyone else want to chime in?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #112  
Altona32

I had my second WI today and I am a bit disappointed. I worked so hard this week and was only down 2.6 lbs. I weighed in at the end of the day. Do you think that this could have added a couple of pounds? I wish I had weighed in the morning. I would feel better.
My first WI was 7 lbs and I was pleased. I sure hope next week is better.
I am dying for that scale to say under 200. Im almost there !!

Last edited by Altona32; 04-20-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 307/257/150 HW350

Height: 7/15/15. Restart. Reached 1st goal 10/14/15

Today was weigh in day for me... It was a great day and marked 3 months on IP... Lost 6.5 lbs. Total 55 lbs.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #114  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Sushi lovers- can't you just use regular nori to make your IP sushi? Seaweed is algae and therefore the first veggie listed on our Phase 1 sheet. I've been eating nori (1 sheet) every day on IP. I just toast it and munch on it. The package says to toast it and then use for sushi. I have never made my own sushi though I love watching sushi chefs!

I know sea vegetables help the thyroid, so that's why I'm eating it. It tastes nice too! I tried to get wakame seaweed at an Asian market but it tasted so funny, nothing like the wakame salad they serve at sushi places.

Is anyone else eating sea vegetables and what are you eating?
Wow, I have a bunch of sheets that I've never opened, how do you toast them? stupid question I know, in a toaster oven? do you put anything on them? could we use them for a cracker somehow? put shrimp and wf ketchup and horseradish on it? Here I go again!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbound View Post
Today was weigh in day for me... It was a great day and marked 3 months on IP... Lost 6.5 lbs. Total 55 lbs.
WOW! you lost that much in 1 week? That is amazing! You must be doing something right. Congrats!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Sooooo totally craving some more broccoli right now.....so unreal......

I will have to make sure to grab a bunch with my stir-fry veggies for lunch tomorrow.

And decide where I will have dinner tomorrow...a steak I think...with BROCCOLI!

EEEK!
That's how I am with asparagus, I just can't get enough of it!
Have you noticed how things like the chocolate pudding, cappachino, are not that great anymore? Seems like you od on some of those packets and then never ever want to eat them ever again!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #117  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
lynn reminded me about this, so i thought i'd post it here too. i finally got my collar bones last month! i have been having a love affair with them ever since!

also, i think it's probably time for a new user picture since i have lost a considerable amount of weight in my face since the last one. i'll do that as soon as my best friend with photoshop returns from NYC!
You are a beautiful young lady.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Got my scale. And it works. Boy does it work! The numbers are a worse than I had hoped for, but better than I expected. At least that's something. When the scale said 441, I almost lost it. I had to think of what it might have said when I started IP 3 weeks ago or what it would say if I never started IP. I know at least now I am doing something, but it's still shocking. It's going to be a very long road, but the number on the scale will keep me motivated. I NEVER want to see that again!!
Good to see you! I was thinking about you today - realized you hadn't posted for a bit & hoping all is well.

Glad you got the scale, sorry the number was worse than you had hoped, but as you say, you won't see that number again!

Stay strong!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
lynn reminded me about this, so i thought i'd post it here too. i finally got my collar bones last month! i have been having a love affair with them ever since!

also, i think it's probably time for a new user picture since i have lost a considerable amount of weight in my face since the last one. i'll do that as soon as my best friend with photoshop returns from NYC!
Really nice photo of you! You look beautiful, and, yes, your collarbones are lovely!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altona32 View Post
I had my second WI today and I am a bit disappointed. I worked so hard this week and was only down 2.6 lbs. I weighed in at the end of the day. Do you think that this could have added a couple of pounds? I wish I had weighed in the morning. I would feel better.
My first WI was 7 lbs and I was pleased. I sure hope next week is better.
I am dying for that scale to say under 200. Im almost there !!
The evening weigh in time will definitely have an effect, but even so, your doing really well!
Closed Thread