Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

I can't remember where on this thread that I saw someone's question about eating restricted IP foods only in the morning, so I'll respond to it on here in hopes that they see it.

I just checked my IP Dashboard (that shows my weight, BMI, hydration, etc.), and every day it has some sort of tip at the top of the page. This is the one it showed today:

"Try not to eat after 8PM. For your evening snack, choose lower carb packets such as a pudding or drink."

Also, I would assume that you'd want to have the higher carb meals (ie. the restricted foods) in the morning so you can use the 15-or-so during the day, rather than letting it sit at night and turn into fat storage.

I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, or an IP coach, but this is just my 2 cents. Hope it helped!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Usually we only have 3 packets a day...

breakfast.. with lunch and you can have a packet as an afternoon snack or after dinner...
I've never done 4 packets...they say if you're really hungry you can do 4...but its not an everyday thing...
If I eat an early dinner..I do my packet after dinner..if dinner is going to be later I do an afternoon packet...
Your Coach might be different...but I've not heard of anyone doing 4 packets..

I was told to go on 4 packets based on my starting weight (240)
Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #33  
Re-started IP 01/16/12

S/C/G: 220/206/130

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Just going to sneak in here and say my WI was this morning and I'm down 2.4 that's an official 40.4 in 12 weeks. I'll be posting to the April speedo challenge.
Lap swimming at 11:00. bye bye bat wings.
Everyone stay OP, we can do this together.
Mary
That is so inspiring! Man I hope I can lose that fast!! Keep up the good work
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
The article is interesting, not putting any hope into this measurement method though. Really only a true measure of body fat is the way to go and this can be achieved by a water immersion weight.

Unless my math skills are wrong....shouldn't be, I am an engineer...LOL I do not get their formula to work out. Even the examples do not work. Anyone else done the math from this article and found it to be in error? Not sure what I am doing wrong? Try it out.
I also have not gotten any of the math in this article to work out. ? Oh well. Maybe I will make sense of this BAI thing later and do some research on it.

I don't understand why the BMI can be called the Wheel of Death? I understand that it doesn't work for everyone, but it's just a general estimate really. Some body types fall outside of the norm which is what was measured. It's simple statistics. It also doesn't work particularly well for altheletes such as body builders due to their high muscle mass.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #35  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
Ugh... Today I day two. I had a terrible headache yesterday. Wasn't hungry, which is a plus. Today.... I feel terrible. Upset stomach, the thought of eating makes me want to throw up! My husband was cooking his omelet this morning and I had to leave the room because I couldn't stand the smell of it. I'm sipping a vanilla premade shake and that seems to be helping. Hopefully this feeling goes away soon
salt water does help the headache, and try peppermint tea for the stomach, this won't last the first week is always bad. Keep it up you will do great on this plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
HOpe everyone is having amazing NSV and SV today =) So excited the "snow" we had last week is all gone and we can get back outdoors and enjoy our sunshine and walks. Looking forward to a long weekend with my husband and kids as well!!
Now if it would only leave my yard so I can start on spring cleaning... still 2 feet there. but the parks should be nice for the weekend. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIGAL21 View Post
Hola! I am currently in Phase 0 haha - don't start IP until this Thursday. I am SO ready to start I have done a good job preparing I think, cutting out diet coke and alcohol, drinking my 64 oz of water. I also cut way back on carbs and have had fun trying out some of the different recipes I've found on this site.. I've already lost 5 pounds! I think that's a good head start. I have my initial one hour consult and WI tmw morning, and I'll pick up all my stuff and be ready to start on Thursday. SO EXCITED!!! And so glad I found this site a couple weeks before starting, I feel much more confident going into this after seeing how well y'all are doing.
Wish me luck!
Congratulations on deciding to change your life, it is a big step and it sounds like you are doing it right. Me the weekend before I started...oh my, I had pizza and chocolate and then the day before I started I had nachos and cheese for supper just because I knew it would be a long time before I sample again. I miss diet coke but I can live without it I think I will find it way too sweet once I am finished here. Have a great week and the first week is not very pleasant but gets better after that. You don't need luck, you will do great.

NSV - while I was looking for something to wear to work this morning I found my old belt in the closet, I haven't worn it for ever as I was too big. Well I put it on this morning and it fit and even better at the smallest hole.. which really wasn't that small but... and not that I will wear it anytime soon as it is a cowboy belt with a big old buckle on it, but when Rodeo finals come next year I am going to throw on my George Strait Wranglers and my cowboy boots and fit in instead of have my shirt over my too tight pants.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

NSV for me - put on my size 8 trousers from New York & Company and they fit well and look fabulous! Woot!

Also, I was able to wear a pair of shorts from the same company yesterday which were size 6 and those fit great too! Gotta love the sizing variations in mass manufactured clothing... But I am really happy about my work trousers. Also, my size Small button-down shirt pretty fits (I am wearing it today) and I haven't been able to wear it to work lately! Yay!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
salt water does help the headache, and try peppermint tea for the stomach, this won't last the first week is always bad. Keep it up you will do great on this plan.
Now if it would only leave my yard so I can start on spring cleaning... still 2 feet there. but the parks should be nice for the weekend. Enjoy.

Congratulations on deciding to change your life, it is a big step and it sounds like you are doing it right. Me the weekend before I started...oh my, I had pizza and chocolate and then the day before I started I had nachos and cheese for supper just because I knew it would be a long time before I sample again. I miss diet coke but I can live without it I think I will find it way too sweet once I am finished here. Have a great week and the first week is not very pleasant but gets better after that. You don't need luck, you will do great.

NSV - while I was looking for something to wear to work this morning I found my old belt in the closet, I haven't worn it for ever as I was too big. Well I put it on this morning and it fit and even better at the smallest hole.. which really wasn't that small but... and not that I will wear it anytime soon as it is a cowboy belt with a big old buckle on it, but when Rodeo finals come next year I am going to throw on my George Strait Wranglers and my cowboy boots and fit in instead of have my shirt over my too tight pants.
ME TOO! I have my beautiful BB Simon western belt that I bought for the Finals...I will finally wear it in Las Vegas! or GASP, maybe it will be too big!!! That's okay too...LOL
Old 04-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! Today is a bit tough as I am really hungry this morning but it's because I eat breakfast so early and have to wait a long time until lunch
Anyway, NSV people have already started to say they can see a big difference! Today is officially 2 weeks on the diet but WI isn't until Thursday, can't wait to see how I did this week!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #39  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Are you talking about this?

BAI = (hip/height x the square root of height) minus 18.

Or, in other words, the hip measurement in centimeters divided by the height in meters times the square root of height minus 18.

Darko Stefanovski, PhD, an assistant professor of research at USC and a co-author of the study, offered two examples. A man 5 feet 9 inches tall who weighs 210 pounds and has 44.4-inch hips would have a BMI of 31, a BAI of 31.2, and a DXA result of 34.3% fat, so the BAI is closer to the DXA result.

A woman 5 feet 4 inches tall who weighs 127 with 37-inch hips would have a BMI of 21.7, a BAI of 27.8, and a DXA of 28.4% fat.

---
The math is definitely not working for me. I'm completely confused.
That is it....I do not get it to work. I have not had time since I am at work to see what the error is, but I will find it later. The numbers do not come out and I think it is a units issue. I will play around with it later and let you know. If this formula is right, it says I am 50% fat......right!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #40  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Getting to "healthy" for me on the WHEEL OF DEATH might be really hard. I think it's something like 152. I weight 155 at the end of high school. I was very active, wore a size 4/6, and it just didn't feel right. I will reevaluate when I get closer, but I think I've got a lot of muscle mass and a big frame, which makes the BMI thing totally stink. I'm more interested in feeling right in my body and comfortable in my clothes.

BTW, I can't take credit for the WHEEL OF DEATH referring to the BMI calculator. I think it was Juiceman who coined the phrase. Please correct me if I am mistaken...

NSV to report this morning... A good friend (who lost tons of weight on IP) dropped off some clothes for me to wear "during transition." I looked at the cute Ann Taylor size 12's and thought "no way." I can't remember ever fitting into Ann Taylor anything. TADA! I put them on, zipped them up, and they are totally comfortable. I need to do a little sewing to put the hook/eye combo back in place, but I have some new clothes and it's exciting!
That is awesome for you! I just put on a size 12 pair of Old Navy jeans yesterday and was super excited to see that they fit! I think I like the whole dropping sizes things more than losing pounds.

Day o writing papers for me. I love the end of the semester (sarcasm). Still staying 100% op after my cheat this weekend. Trying to do damage control. I really wanted to be out of the 180s this week but it's looking more like next week. Oh well, I'm still doing great!

Happy Tuesday to all of you fabulous people out there!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #41  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I have a question about packets before bed. I'm at the beginning of my third week and I'm trying to settle my eating patterns so I am satisfied. I currently have 4 packets a day. I find I'm really not hungry after dinner, but often hungry during the day so I've been experimenting with eating all my packets before dinner. I'm wondering now if I am 'supposed' to have packet before bed. Is 7pm to 7am too long to go without eating, even if I'm not hungry?
yes, that is far too long to go without eating. Your body will start to go after muscle mass (which could be anything, even your heart!) and it will actually slow your loss because your metabolism will slow down. Try freezing a pudding into some icecream maybe? or mix a pudding into a hot chocolate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
Well, I am very close to my goal weight. I'm feeling great about not being on blood pressure meds - Any advice for Phase II ?
Please come join us on the Life after Phase 1 thread, and read the old one on the stickies...it is full of great advice from lots of very successful IPer's like Novak and Ogdog etc. I know it really helped me keep from panicking to be able to see that other people had so many of the same kinds of questions I did, and to learn how they solved them. CONGRATS!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #42  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Me Too exactly!! my hips hurt and I am freezing. I have some coworkers who keep telling me that I need to stop that Ive lost enough and while Im happy that they think I look better...they aren't seeing me naked. This was a bad week for me. Biggest cheat since I started, knocked out of ketosis. Back on track today and determined not to let myself down again.
Isn't it funny people say I should stop too as I am skinny now..and I think to myself you haven't seen me naked (thank god) I know I look better, everyone says my face is skinnier but I don't really see it. When you are tempted again to cheat think of this week and remember you are doing this for you and is one cheat worth it? I pay too much to be on this diet to waste a whole week getting back into. I don't know what is different this time from other times of losing weight but I have chocolates at my desk for my co-workers, I have chips and a lot of goodies in my cupboards I guess I just decided this time nothing can stop me and a cheat isn't worth it.

Now saying that, now that it is over, dust yourself off and get back on the horse. (I was a terrible rider so did that a lot) Today is a new day and from your experience this will make you stronger. Have a great day.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I don't understand the don't eat after 8pm thing when you're supposed to eat before bed. I'm not going to go to be at 9pm. More like 10:30 or 11pm. I've been eating my restricted for two weeks for my bedtime snack and have had a 4.4lb weight loss both weeks.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #44  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
I just wanted to share my NSV with everyone.

I have been struggling with the program for the last month. Not sure if I should phase off as I have some functions that are coming up and also not sure if I can justify the costs of the products anymore. After trying on a pair of spring pants that I haven't been able to wear for years, they fit! Noy only do they fit, they look fabulous! And....if I stay on the program, dedicated to my goal, they may be too big for me by summer!

Just wanted to throw my success out there for inspiration to anyone else that is struggling. It's hard to argue with the results that we are all seeing on this program!

Hope everyone has an amazing day!
Hi. I too am struggling. WI # 13 today and I got the big fat "0". My first week ever with no loss, I have never gained a pound since starting this diet. Not sure if this is the dreaded plateau that some talk about or the fact that I just finished TOM (but that never affected my losses before) I am also facing a summer off with lots of activity planned and lots of spontaneous stuff happens. I am toying with the idea of phasing off for the summer and start again in the fall. I could still eat healthy with good choices and hopefully the increased exercise/activity would prevent gaining. I just know that the weekends are sooo hard for me and I don't know if I have it in me to the summer months that way. I am kinda bored with the limited veggies that I can have. There are alot on phase I that I just can't stomach, so its broccoli, cauliflower, salad, cukes and peppers that eat over and over. Sigh. I also put on a pair pants yesterday that I haven't been able to wear in over a year and they fit great so I know the diet works, just feel like I need a break.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

Now saying that, now that it is over, dust yourself off and get back on the horse. (I was a terrible rider so did that a lot) Today is a new day and from your experience this will make you stronger. Have a great day.
It's really funny that you say that...one of the biggest motivators for me to start this diet was that I couldn't get back on my horse without using a bucket to stand on! Never again. Thanks for the encouragement!
Closed Thread