Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 18 April 2011
Old 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #2  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning all you IP Champions.

Congrats to all of you with NSV and weigh loss victories the last week.

Keep up all the hard work you are all doing. Keep running your weight loss marathon you can all do this!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

I have a question about packets before bed. I'm at the beginning of my third week and I'm trying to settle my eating patterns so I am satisfied. I currently have 4 packets a day. I find I'm really not hungry after dinner, but often hungry during the day so I've been experimenting with eating all my packets before dinner. I'm wondering now if I am 'supposed' to have packet before bed. Is 7pm to 7am too long to go without eating, even if I'm not hungry?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning all you IP Champions.

Congrats to all of you with NSV and weigh loss victories the last week.

Keep up all the hard work you are all doing. Keep running your weight loss marathon you can all do this!!!!
Wow, you look great Congratulations To You. You are so near goal. I have a question for you - I am also very near goal - last weight in was 131 down from 160 - not a lot to lose I admit but important to my health. Here's the question - are you in Phase 4 and did you have trouble moving into the different phases? I am still in phase I and am somewhat fearful of moving on. My carb addiction was so bad Phase III really scares me.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
I have a question about packets before bed. I'm at the beginning of my third week and I'm trying to settle my eating patterns so I am satisfied. I currently have 4 packets a day. I find I'm really not hungry after dinner, but often hungry during the day so I've been experimenting with eating all my packets before dinner. I'm wondering now if I am 'supposed' to have packet before bed. Is 7pm to 7am too long to go without eating, even if I'm not hungry?
Usually we only have 3 packets a day...

breakfast.. with lunch and you can have a packet as an afternoon snack or after dinner...
I've never done 4 packets...they say if you're really hungry you can do 4...but its not an everyday thing...
If I eat an early dinner..I do my packet after dinner..if dinner is going to be later I do an afternoon packet...
Your Coach might be different...but I've not heard of anyone doing 4 packets..

Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Default Nearing Goal

Well, I am very close to my goal weight. I'm feeling great about not being on blood pressure meds - Any advice for Phase II ?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Tuesday!

I'm pretty excited this morning. I have lost 7 lbs in 7 days- that's a first for me. On Tuesday last week I weighed myself in the morning and noted (with disdain) that I was up to 232. I started reading the IP threads on this board that day and even though my breakfast and lunch were a mess, I stuck with salad and protein (and no recreational snacking) for dinner that night. Wednesday was my "real" first IP day, so I planned to have official WI Wednesdays. I couldn't resist the lure of the scale, so today I'm pretty motivated by a successful start.

Thanks to everyone here for the info and support. Having this resource makes this way of eating easy!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Tuesday everyone! Day #2 of a 4-day work week for me, followed by another 4-day work week next week!

I am still really motivated from my day yesterday (WI, measurements, freaked out Receptionist at the office)!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Has anyone else experienced a difficult time eating everything alotted daily? I can never get to that third packet! And I'm having a hard time finding the appetite for anything... do I just force it down?
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I too had a hard time fitting all the food in (though when I've cheated, I seem to be driven to want to shovel tons in). But my coach stressed how important it is to have the before bed packet so the body doesn't consume muscle mass over that long fasting period. I've taken to chugging a RTD as I settle into bed. The volume is fairly small, it's little effort, and it now seems like a nice treat to have a "glass of chocolate milk" as I tuck myself into bed with a book.

I wish I had that problem! I sure can eat! I didn't get into this mess for nothing. I like food, I love big portions and I like everything. My issue on IP is that I am usually quite hungry around 4 p.m. but don't have supper until 6 and I've grown rather attached of my evening RTD drink. So, I usually have a few slices of cooked ham or some hard boiled eggs (whites only) and some baby dill pickles to bridge the gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
BTW, small victory today. According the BMI calculator (aka "WHEEL OF DEATH") I am now overweight, and no longer obese. YAY!
Congratulations! I remember going from "obese" to "overweight" like it was yesterday and it was a very happy day for me indeed! I am now not too far off of "healthy" and I just can't wait! I have to think of something to celebrate that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch View Post
Well this was my first WI and I was disappointed. I had a hard time over the weekend but didn't cheat at all this week and only lost 1.4 but lost 3 inches. I was so hoping for a big weigh loss to encourge me during this upcoming week as it's Easter.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keair View Post
Just got back from WI and only lost .4 but I did loose 5 in. All over! Stupid TOM really through my WI off oh well hopefully big numbers next week!! Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!
Good for you for not cheating! The loss of inches is great. All things being even, we will lose more some weeks than others and I don't really know why. I hope you have both have a better WI next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I hope everyone is having successful Monday. I'm not good at multi-quotes, so I'll just say congrats to everyone who has seen a loss or a milestone today!

I'm having a good day (day 6). I had a funky headache today, but it's not diet related. I still sometimes have cotton head- late afternoon, but it's ok.

I'm finding myself so full with all the food I have to eat every day. It sounds insane because I used to eat a ton of crap on a daily basis and always crave more. Now I eat a fraction (calorie wise) and feel stuffed. I am somewhat weakened by the bars though... one wants to turn into 2, but I resist. I swear I've never gone this long without eating junk and yet I don't miss it. I'm loving that. It keeps me so motivated!
I know what you mean about the bars! I guess this is where we practice restraint! However, I find that regular food had less of a hold on me yesterday that previously (I hope this is a sign of things to come). I wasn't wanting everything that I was seeing around me and on TV. Evening TV commercials really suck when you are on a diet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hiya everyone

We're here at Great Wolf Lodge and the internet service is spotty so just wanted to say a quick hello and congratulate everyone on their successes today. Just remember, no matter how small the loss, it's a LOSS and something to be very proud of! Keep up the great work

Had a bit of a hard time at dinner as I thought I could order off the menu (IP friendly of course) but it was all buffet and no way was I paying 24.00 for a piece of chicken, cauliflower and salad. So I drank my water while my family ate and came back to our room and ate my eggs and cucumbers (I was just hoping for some meat instead of the eggs). While my mouth watered a little (ok alot) in the restauarant, I decided that since I did so well, I'd treat myself to a massage tomorrow morning instead Makes passing on all that crap totally worth it LOL.

Have a good night all!
I hope you are having a great vacation! I admire you for hanging tough while you are away from home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
I accidentally forgot my lunch bag in the foyer when I left the house for work. And as my one Basset Hound is a notorious foreger, she of course rifled through it to get herself an after dogpark snack.

So here's Lily's review of the IP diet:
LOVED the garlic onion soy nuts (that bag was demolished and entirely covered in teeth marks)
Also loved the EAS strawberry drink (2 in. hole carved into that box with a big puddle all over her doggie bed)
The berry yogurt drink--not impressed. (a few teeth marks on the packet, but she didn't rip it open).
And my salad of romaine, roasted turnips, and sautéed mushrooms--no thanks. (the Tupperware lid was slightly ajar, but the contents were totally intact)

Hahaha! I'm bummed that I forgot my food for work, but I have to laugh that at least someone enjoyed it.
I am sorry that you forgot your lunch but I loved your post! We can learn a lot from watching what an animal will eat and turn the noses up at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
NSV for me! I had to take my engagement ring in to be resized. I could literally flick it off my finger. I've gone from a size 7 to a 5 3/4 in 9 weeks! My little sausage fingers aren't looking so sausagy these days :-)
Yay for another NSV! My rings are spinning around my fingers and I'm starting to be afraid that I am going to lose them. I've been looking to purchase a "spacer" to attach to my rings and help keep them on my fingers until I have reached my goal and maintained for a few months. I don't want to have them resized too often.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-19-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Congratulations! I remember going from "obese" to "overweight" like it was yesterday and it was a very happy day for me indeed! I am now not too far off of "healthy" and I just can't wait! I have to think of something to celebrate that one.
Getting to "healthy" for me on the WHEEL OF DEATH might be really hard. I think it's something like 152. I weight 155 at the end of high school. I was very active, wore a size 4/6, and it just didn't feel right. I will reevaluate when I get closer, but I think I've got a lot of muscle mass and a big frame, which makes the BMI thing totally stink. I'm more interested in feeling right in my body and comfortable in my clothes.

BTW, I can't take credit for the WHEEL OF DEATH referring to the BMI calculator. I think it was Juiceman who coined the phrase. Please correct me if I am mistaken...

NSV to report this morning... A good friend (who lost tons of weight on IP) dropped off some clothes for me to wear "during transition." I looked at the cute Ann Taylor size 12's and thought "no way." I can't remember ever fitting into Ann Taylor anything. TADA! I put them on, zipped them up, and they are totally comfortable. I need to do a little sewing to put the hook/eye combo back in place, but I have some new clothes and it's exciting!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 04-19-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Usually we only have 3 packets a day...

breakfast.. with lunch and you can have a packet as an afternoon snack or after dinner...
I've never done 4 packets...they say if you're really hungry you can do 4...but its not an everyday thing...
If I eat an early dinner..I do my packet after dinner..if dinner is going to be later I do an afternoon packet...
Your Coach might be different...but I've not heard of anyone doing 4 packets..

On phase 1 I too was allowed 4 packets a day...I believe it's because of being over 200 lbs. Once we hit onederland, it would go to 3
Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Getting to "healthy" for me on the WHEEL OF DEATH might be really hard. I think it's something like 152. I weight 155 at the end of high school. I was very active, wore a size 4/6, and it just didn't feel right. I will reevaluate when I get closer, but I think I've got a lot of muscle mass and a big frame, which makes the BMI thing totally stink. I'm more interested in feeling right in my body and comfortable in my clothes.

BTW, I can't take credit for the WHEEL OF DEATH referring to the BMI calculator. I think it was Juiceman who coined the phrase. Please correct me if I am mistaken...

Yes that was my "wheel of death" quote. I struggle with this wheel. I am taking steps to move away from BMI and meeting with a trainer this Thursday to evaluate my end goal weight. We are going to measure my body fat with a better impedance method other than the scales you step on. We are also going to measure it by using calipers and kind of average the results and set a goal that way. My original goal was 200 and I am at 214 right now. Not much pudge left to lose, but want to find a happy healthy weight based on body fat. If I am not happy with the results I may take it one step further and do a water immersion weight that will give the most accurate body fat measurement. Getting an accurate body fat% is really the only accurate way to decide your ideal weight and whether or not you have a large amount of muscle or bone mass. I would encourage you all to get an accurate body fat % to help really determine your ideal weight. But in the end, it will come down to what you can happily maintain in your everyday life. Once my fat is gone, I plan to gain some weight back in lean muscle to help me maintain and look better, that is why I am enlisting the help of a trainer to get me started.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
Well, I am very close to my goal weight. I'm feeling great about not being on blood pressure meds - Any advice for Phase II ?
I'm nowhere near goal, but here is what I've learned based on lots of reading. Phase 2 is exactly like Phase 1 except you have an additional protein meal for lunch and go down to 2 packets. I think the total amount of veggies for the day remains the same. Some people have reported losing more on phase 2 than one phase 1... You shouldn't get kicked out of ketosis in this stage...

I would be scared about Phase 3... but must admit that I am also dreaming of my first Phase 3 breakfast of yoghurt, fruit, and TOAST!

BTW, A huge CONGRATS! about not being on blood pressure medication. That is truly fantastic!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Yes that was my "wheel of death" quote. I struggle with this wheel. I am taking steps to move away from BMI and meeting with a trainer this Thursday to evaluate my end goal weight. We are going to measure my body fat with a better impedance method other than the scales you step on. We are also going to measure it by using calipers and kind of average the results and set a goal that way. My original goal was 200 and I am at 214 right now. Not much pudge left to lose, but want to find a happy healthy weight based on body fat. If I am not happy with the results I may take it one step further and do a water immersion weight that will give the most accurate body fat measurement. Getting an accurate body fat% is really the only accurate way to decide your ideal weight and whether or not you have a large amount of muscle or bone mass. I would encourage you all to get an accurate body fat % to help really determine your ideal weight. But in the end, it will come down to what you can happily maintain in your everyday life. Once my fat is gone, I plan to gain some weight back in lean muscle to help me maintain and look better, that is why I am enlisting the help of a trainer to get me started.
Juiceman: Thanks! Please keep us posted as to what you find out. I am interested in taking this same approach when I get closer to my goal. I would also be interested as to whether your trainer has heard of this... http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20110...uring-body-fat. I think it's only a matter of time before the dreaded wheel of death gets replaced. Hooray!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I forgot to mention!!! At my WI yesterday, my coach announced to me that there will be two new products starting Wednesday: chicken noodle soup and vegetable beef soup. I am assuming that they are IP Products as my gym doesn't carry anything else. That will be so nice! I still have some of the ProtiLife soups that I bought but when I am done with them, I am looking forward to trying the IP ones!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-19-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #15  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Tuesday that much closer to the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone,
nredgirl I read your lunch story, very funny. Sad though I left some chocolates and stuff for work out this morning and am so scared my dog "Rebel" is going to get into them and eat the tinfoil and all. I just about turned around and went home but I have to be at work... Hopefully nothing will happen and I will see two happy dogs when I get home, and I won't see peanutbutter eggs and tinfoil in the smiles of a certain dog.

Everyones stories are so great, it makes me happy to read how you all are doing every day. Couts71 is away so it was nice to see him online today. He is my own personal adviser in the office if I have any questions... I am happy so far with my weight loass and the program. I do have concerns with loose skin but am reading up about that. Looking forward to my half way point I am hoping to be at in a week or two. I look forward like everyone else to the different phases but am also scared as I am comfortable right now with my 3 packets and veggies. When I have to add another protein in on my own then I will have to start thinking again. Hopefully by that time I will have a better idea of what I want and proceed from there.

I have been asked by people when I will stop my diet and I basically told them when I feel right, as of right now I see way too much fat still on my body that I have to lose before then. But am now experience things like oh why is my hip sore, hmmm sleeping with less fat can be uncomfortable. Also I have been cold since starting IP my friend who is on another diet said she was cold fore 8 months but is finally normal again.... I was always hot before now I wear long sleeved shirts and hoodies to work.

Okay enough of my rambling I have to get back to work. Ontario Have a great vacation and keep up the good work.
Closed Thread