IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 19 April 2011

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: That is it....I do not get it to work. I have not had time since I am at work to see what the error is, but I will find it later. The numbers do not come out and I think it is a units issue. I will play around with it later and let you know. If this formula is right, it says I am 50% fat......right!
    Parentheses are in the wrong place. Here's a formula that works.

BAI=Hips in cm/(height in m*sq root of height)-18

I can't take credit for figuring that out, I found it in another article. But I tried it w/ one of the examples and it works. I love math.
  • Quote: Parentheses are in the wrong place. Here's a formula that works.

I can't take credit for figuring that out, I found it in another article. But I tried it w/ one of the examples and it works. I love math.
    Thank you! I was playing with it in Excel and hadn't gotten to that permutation yet... I love math too...
  • Quote: I can't remember where on this thread that I saw someone's question about eating restricted IP foods only in the morning, so I'll respond to it on here in hopes that they see it.

I just checked my IP Dashboard (that shows my weight, BMI, hydration, etc.), and every day it has some sort of tip at the top of the page. This is the one it showed today:

"Try not to eat after 8PM. For your evening snack, choose lower carb packets such as a pudding or drink."

Also, I would assume that you'd want to have the higher carb meals (ie. the restricted foods) in the morning so you can use the 15-or-so during the day, rather than letting it sit at night and turn into fat storage.

I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, or an IP coach, but this is just my 2 cents. Hope it helped!
    Thanks, Treena. I'm not sure if I had seen that on my sheets. I was the one who asked, but always see people talking about having puffs or bars at night.
  • Here in Montreal with my cousin who is a curvy hottie and SO confident about it. I am just stunned with her confidence but do not look at myself the same way although her and I could be twins (looks wise and body wise). I am so excited though that through IP and my dedication to changing my life, that soon I will feel great about myself and be just as confident in who I am as she is. She is a lot of fun to hang with though, having a great time and laughing instead of eating...what a concept!!

PS - I am having some poutine. Dammit.
  • Quote: Parentheses are in the wrong place. Here's a formula that works.

Thanks. I figured it was that or possibly some sort of unit issue. You beat me too it. I love numbers and math. I work with it everyday. This formula says I only have 19.5% body fat. So I will see what results the trainer gets this coming Thursday and compare.
  • Quote: I was told to go on 4 packets based on my starting weight (240)
    I have been on 4 packets a day since my 2nd WI and my starting weight was 148lbs. The reason I was increased to 4 was because my lean muscle mass % dropped and my coach 'upped' my packets to prevent that from continuing (btw, it has not decreased since). I just wanted to point out that it seems to depend on each individual's metabolim/body and not necessarily weight or hunger...the most important thing is to keep burning fat and not muscle, which in my case means 4 packets a day. Every week my lean muscle & fat percentages are measured, so any further adjustments (up or down) can be made by my coach as needed.
  • just found this bmi site. Very cool:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
  • Quote: Ugh... Today I day two. I had a terrible headache yesterday. Wasn't hungry, which is a plus. Today.... I feel terrible. Upset stomach, the thought of eating makes me want to throw up! My husband was cooking his omelet this morning and I had to leave the room because I couldn't stand the smell of it. I'm sipping a vanilla premade shake and that seems to be helping. Hopefully this feeling goes away soon
    You really need to try and eat what is on your plan. It should be better by day 4. But you don't want to go into starvation mode. I am on day 12 and I have noticed that if I don't eat enough then I don't lose. You can do it, hang in there.
  • Quote: Me Too exactly!! my hips hurt and I am freezing. I have some coworkers who keep telling me that I need to stop that Ive lost enough and while Im happy that they think I look better...they aren't seeing me naked. This was a bad week for me. Biggest cheat since I started, knocked out of ketosis. Back on track today and determined not to let myself down again.
    My hips are sore too! Every time I have an odd symptom I see someone else mention it here. At least I know I'm in good company with my sore hips right?
  • Anyone else have this problem? What do you do?
    Speaking of weird symptoms, has anyone else experienced insanely dry mouth/throats when you wake up in the morning? I have nasal problems and am somewhat of a mouth-breather at night, so I'm used to a little dryness, but never even close to this bad. This just started happening within the past couple weeks (I started week #5 on Sunday).
  • Quote: Speaking of weird symptoms, has anyone else experienced insanely dry mouth/throats when you wake up in the morning? I have nasal problems and am somewhat of a mouth-breather at night, so I'm used to a little dryness, but never even close to this bad. This just started happening within the past couple weeks (I started week #5 on Sunday).
    Oh yeah. My tongue was so dry one morning it felt prickly. LOL
  • I think the 3 vs 4 packets is an interesting topic. I usually can't make it through my afternoon without an additional protein. My losses have been good but I might do some experimenting.

Today I finally admitted that I won't likely be at my goal weight by the end of May. I was REALLY motivated and excited to be done. I think my journey will extend in to June. I need to avoid thinking of all that yummy summer fruit, etc and focus on finishing out this journey!
  • I'm not sure what is going on with me. Maybe I should contact my coach. It is all I can do to eat 2 packets a day. Just thinking about a 3rd makes me nauseous... I eat my veggies and dinner protein fine, but I just can't get that 3rd packet in and my weight has stalled today.

Does anyone else have a hard time with nausea related to the packets? Do I need to consider taking more enzymes? They just make me kind of nauseous...
  • april challenge
    Quote: Getting to "healthy" for me on the WHEEL OF DEATH might be really hard. I think it's something like 152. I weight 155 at the end of high school. I was very active, wore a size 4/6, and it just didn't feel right. I will reevaluate when I get closer, but I think I've got a lot of muscle mass and a big frame, which makes the BMI thing totally stink. I'm more interested in feeling right in my body and comfortable in my clothes.

BTW, I can't take credit for the WHEEL OF DEATH referring to the BMI calculator. I think it was Juiceman who coined the phrase. Please correct me if I am mistaken...

NSV to report this morning... A good friend (who lost tons of weight on IP) dropped off some clothes for me to wear "during transition." I looked at the cute Ann Taylor size 12's and thought "no way." I can't remember ever fitting into Ann Taylor anything. TADA! I put them on, zipped them up, and they are totally comfortable. I need to do a little sewing to put the hook/eye combo back in place, but I have some new clothes and it's exciting!
    It looks like you're doing great on the challenge this month! Way to GO GIRL
  • Luck
    Quote: Hola! I am currently in Phase 0 haha - don't start IP until this Thursday. I am SO ready to start I have done a good job preparing I think, cutting out diet coke and alcohol, drinking my 64 oz of water. I also cut way back on carbs and have had fun trying out some of the different recipes I've found on this site.. I've already lost 5 pounds! I think that's a good head start. I have my initial one hour consult and WI tmw morning, and I'll pick up all my stuff and be ready to start on Thursday. SO EXCITED!!! And so glad I found this site a couple weeks before starting, I feel much more confident going into this after seeing how well y'all are doing.
    Wish me luck!
    Good luck, but you might want to try 100 oz instead of 64. 64 is for weenies anyway, you can do it! Happy peeing.
    I too found this site the day before I started, it has been a lifesaver since I don't have a coach. You can do this! These people rock. and also have a lot of answers.