Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone,
nredgirl I read your lunch story, very funny. Sad though I left some chocolates and stuff for work out this morning and am so scared my dog "Rebel" is going to get into them and eat the tinfoil and all. I just about turned around and went home but I have to be at work... Hopefully nothing will happen and I will see two happy dogs when I get home, and I won't see peanutbutter eggs and tinfoil in the smiles of a certain dog.

Everyones stories are so great, it makes me happy to read how you all are doing every day. Couts71 is away so it was nice to see him online today. He is my own personal adviser in the office if I have any questions... I am happy so far with my weight loass and the program. I do have concerns with loose skin but am reading up about that. Looking forward to my half way point I am hoping to be at in a week or two. I look forward like everyone else to the different phases but am also scared as I am comfortable right now with my 3 packets and veggies. When I have to add another protein in on my own then I will have to start thinking again. Hopefully by that time I will have a better idea of what I want and proceed from there.

I have been asked by people when I will stop my diet and I basically told them when I feel right, as of right now I see way too much fat still on my body that I have to lose before then. But am now experience things like oh why is my hip sore, hmmm sleeping with less fat can be uncomfortable. Also I have been cold since starting IP my friend who is on another diet said she was cold fore 8 months but is finally normal again.... I was always hot before now I wear long sleeved shirts and hoodies to work.

Okay enough of my rambling I have to get back to work. Ontario Have a great vacation and keep up the good work.
Try sleeping with a body pillow (or just hugging/half laying on a regular pillow). It helps a lot! I did that when pregnant (body pillow) and still do now (regular pillow)!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning all,
Just a quick update, WI # 14 and down 1.6 lbs and 2 inches. Hope everyone is doing well and shrinking away for summer..it's right around the corner!
Have a wonderful day!!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Tuesday

Just going to sneak in here and say my WI was this morning and I'm down 2.4 that's an official 40.4 in 12 weeks. I'll be posting to the April speedo challenge.
Lap swimming at 11:00. bye bye bat wings.
Everyone stay OP, we can do this together.
Mary
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #19  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Juiceman: Thanks! Please keep us posted as to what you find out. I am interested in taking this same approach when I get closer to my goal. I would also be interested as to whether your trainer has heard of this... http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20110...uring-body-fat. I think it's only a matter of time before the dreaded wheel of death gets replaced. Hooray!
The article is interesting, not putting any hope into this measurement method though. Really only a true measure of body fat is the way to go and this can be achieved by a water immersion weight.

Unless my math skills are wrong....shouldn't be, I am an engineer...LOL I do not get their formula to work out. Even the examples do not work. Anyone else done the math from this article and found it to be in error? Not sure what I am doing wrong? Try it out.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #20  

Ugh... Today I day two. I had a terrible headache yesterday. Wasn't hungry, which is a plus. Today.... I feel terrible. Upset stomach, the thought of eating makes me want to throw up! My husband was cooking his omelet this morning and I had to leave the room because I couldn't stand the smell of it. I'm sipping a vanilla premade shake and that seems to be helping. Hopefully this feeling goes away soon
Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #21  

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday everyone!! Hope everyone has an OP day, and enjoys the sunshine for those of us in Washington!! Check back in on my lunch
Old 04-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
Well, I am very close to my goal weight. I'm feeling great about not being on blood pressure meds - Any advice for Phase II ?
Woohoo! Great job, I'm so happy to hear you don't need your blood pressure meds anymore! Wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

Think of Phase 2 pretty much the same as phase one, only you get to eat a prepared meat/eggs at lunch too! Just keep on going! It's not that different except you need to prepare something for lunch instead of eating a packet. I made tuna with WF mayonnaise and also celery and cucumbers and pickles (blended up in my little immersion blender processor attachment). You can just cut them up too! Eat the tuna with lettuce wraps or on top of your salad. Also, hard boiled eggs do the trick for lunch. Or make lots of dinner the night before and eat leftover meat/fish for lunch the next day.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #23  

HOpe everyone is having amazing NSV and SV today =) So excited the "snow" we had last week is all gone and we can get back outdoors and enjoy our sunshine and walks. Looking forward to a long weekend with my husband and kids as well!!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I have been asked by people when I will stop my diet and I basically told them when I feel right, as of right now I see way too much fat still on my body that I have to lose before then. But am now experience things like oh why is my hip sore, hmmm sleeping with less fat can be uncomfortable. Also I have been cold since starting IP my friend who is on another diet said she was cold fore 8 months but is finally normal again.... I was always hot before now I wear long sleeved shirts and hoodies to work.

Okay enough of my rambling I have to get back to work. Ontario Have a great vacation and keep up the good work.

Me Too exactly!! my hips hurt and I am freezing. I have some coworkers who keep telling me that I need to stop that Ive lost enough and while Im happy that they think I look better...they aren't seeing me naked. This was a bad week for me. Biggest cheat since I started, knocked out of ketosis. Back on track today and determined not to let myself down again.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
Ugh... Today I day two. I had a terrible headache yesterday. Wasn't hungry, which is a plus. Today.... I feel terrible. Upset stomach, the thought of eating makes me want to throw up! My husband was cooking his omelet this morning and I had to leave the room because I couldn't stand the smell of it. I'm sipping a vanilla premade shake and that seems to be helping. Hopefully this feeling goes away soon
Sorry to hear you're feeling bad. Hang in there, though, that only lasts a couple of days. You'll be so glad you pushed through!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawniebear View Post
Salt helps. Also, please make sure to get all your water during the day so that you don't get dehydrated. It will get better.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

NSV #1: I finally got a belt last Wednesday, as I got tired of constantly having to pull my shorts/pants up all the time!

NSV #2: I've already had to tighten it by one notch since I got it!

Last edited by Treena; 04-19-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #28  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

I just wanted to share my NSV with everyone.

I have been struggling with the program for the last month. Not sure if I should phase off as I have some functions that are coming up and also not sure if I can justify the costs of the products anymore. After trying on a pair of spring pants that I haven't been able to wear for years, they fit! Noy only do they fit, they look fabulous! And....if I stay on the program, dedicated to my goal, they may be too big for me by summer!

Just wanted to throw my success out there for inspiration to anyone else that is struggling. It's hard to argue with the results that we are all seeing on this program!

Hope everyone has an amazing day!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #29  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
The article is interesting, not putting any hope into this measurement method though. Really only a true measure of body fat is the way to go and this can be achieved by a water immersion weight.

Unless my math skills are wrong....shouldn't be, I am an engineer...LOL I do not get their formula to work out. Even the examples do not work. Anyone else done the math from this article and found it to be in error? Not sure what I am doing wrong? Try it out.
Are you talking about this?

BAI = (hip/height x the square root of height) minus 18.

Or, in other words, the hip measurement in centimeters divided by the height in meters times the square root of height minus 18.

Darko Stefanovski, PhD, an assistant professor of research at USC and a co-author of the study, offered two examples. A man 5 feet 9 inches tall who weighs 210 pounds and has 44.4-inch hips would have a BMI of 31, a BAI of 31.2, and a DXA result of 34.3% fat, so the BAI is closer to the DXA result.

A woman 5 feet 4 inches tall who weighs 127 with 37-inch hips would have a BMI of 21.7, a BAI of 27.8, and a DXA of 28.4% fat.

---
The math is definitely not working for me. I'm completely confused.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 04-19-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #30  
Re-started IP 01/16/12

S/C/G: 220/206/130

Height: 5'8"

Hola! I am currently in Phase 0 haha - don't start IP until this Thursday. I am SO ready to start I have done a good job preparing I think, cutting out diet coke and alcohol, drinking my 64 oz of water. I also cut way back on carbs and have had fun trying out some of the different recipes I've found on this site.. I've already lost 5 pounds! I think that's a good head start. I have my initial one hour consult and WI tmw morning, and I'll pick up all my stuff and be ready to start on Thursday. SO EXCITED!!! And so glad I found this site a couple weeks before starting, I feel much more confident going into this after seeing how well y'all are doing.
Wish me luck!

Last edited by JULIGAL21; 04-19-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Closed Thread