Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 06/04/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-04-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everybody

I hope everyone has a great day and an easy 100% OP day.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #3  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning Everyone!!

I have been MIA for a bit, travelling for work and slipped up a bit for the past few weeks but I am happy to say I have not gained any and I feel so blah from the bad food that I am excited to get back on program 100%

I really missed these boards and all of the motivation!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Busy day today for me...I broke my glasses so I have to go shopping for some, hopefully one of those 2-for-1 deals so I'll have a spare the next time...

Yesterday was my first day at not forcing myself to paint or clean or jump up and down ladders all day, but to work on my mini artquilts. This is, by nature, more sedentary, and I found myself getting ansty, and got up to take 3 quick walks during the day. I don't know much about exercise and metabolism, but I'm thinking I must have rev'd up my metabolism in the past month of hard work and my body was used to it. Kind of a nice feeling...

Anyway, I go for my weigh-in after another month in maintenance. Have no idea what it will be, since I've worked so hard, yet had more snacks to keep me going. I bet the muscle mass will have increased. Whatever it is, I'll be happy. Just part of the journey...

Hope you all have a wonderful, OP, uplifting Monday!

Margaret
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! The garage sale we had this weekend was successful.....I still have tons of baby clothes left that I am trying to sell on craigslist. I thought about ebay but not sure I want to do all the work. So, if anyone here is looking for baby/infant clothes, let me know! I have lots!
My schedule at work this week is a little tough....but after 9 days I get a flex day off. So, I am using it the Monday after I get back from our cruise to be able to relax.

Have a great day all!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #7  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! The garage sale we had this weekend was successful.....I still have tons of baby clothes left that I am trying to sell on craigslist. I thought about ebay but not sure I want to do all the work. So, if anyone here is looking for baby/infant clothes, let me know! I have lots!
My schedule at work this week is a little tough....but after 9 days I get a flex day off. So, I am using it the Monday after I get back from our cruise to be able to relax.

Have a great day all!

As my pile of "too big" clothes continues to grow I was thinking about this yesterday myself -- was rather dreading dealing with eBay and they're expensive clothes and so didn't want to just donate. I realized I'd forgotten about consignment stores -- that'll be my next stop! I know, at least in my area, there are consignment stores for baby/kids clothes too . . .
Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #8  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Good morning! I don't know why I am wide awake right now. Been up since 6 and I don't have anywhere to be till Wednesday morning! I have a lot to do around the house and getting things organized, but have no motivation.

Tomorrow is my 7th WI. I so want it to take me into onederland. I am so close but I also have the big "c". I drank some green tea last night and hope that will help for me.

I have no clothes in my closet or drawers that fit! When I cleaned my attic I found one thing of clothes. There were a lot of jeans that are 12's and 14's so I will be set when I drop to those sizes but the rest of my clothes are 16w and I literally walk right out of them. Since I really have nothing to do but an interview until the beginning of July, I am just not going to buy anything!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. If it is WI day I hope you are a big loser!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #9  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Day 6 for me! Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in. According to my scale, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days I am so excited!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #10  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Good morning Everyone!!

I have been MIA for a bit, travelling for work and slipped up a bit for the past few weeks but I am happy to say I have not gained any and I feel so blah from the bad food that I am excited to get back on program 100%

I really missed these boards and all of the motivation!!!!
Welcome back and am glad to read you did not gain while away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Busy day today for me...I broke my glasses so I have to go shopping for some, hopefully one of those 2-for-1 deals so I'll have a spare the next time...

Yesterday was my first day at not forcing myself to paint or clean or jump up and down ladders all day, but to work on my mini artquilts. This is, by nature, more sedentary, and I found myself getting ansty, and got up to take 3 quick walks during the day. I don't know much about exercise and metabolism, but I'm thinking I must have rev'd up my metabolism in the past month of hard work and my body was used to it. Kind of a nice feeling...

Anyway, I go for my weigh-in after another month in maintenance. Have no idea what it will be, since I've worked so hard, yet had more snacks to keep me going. I bet the muscle mass will have increased. Whatever it is, I'll be happy. Just part of the journey...

Hope you all have a wonderful, OP, uplifting Monday!

Margaret
Good morning I hope you do find a good 2 for 1 deal on glasses too. I was very inspired at all the work you were doing around the house too. It got me motivated to do some things too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning, IPers!!
NSV: i've'd had to try on several pairs of slacks in order to find some pants to wear to work. My "too big" pile of clothes grows. Happiness!
on the too big pants

Quote:

Have a great day all!

Consignment shops are a great option for baby and kids clothes. We have a few around here and they do quite well!

We had a break from the rain last week but it looks like it is back in full force. Everything is green and blooming though and am grateful for that.

Today I am playing waiting on the repairman game to fix our washer. When I use the clean washer cycle, the washing machine cleans the floors in the laundry room too by gushing water.. Not Cool!

Have a great 100% OP day all
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #11  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Good morning! I don't know why I am wide awake right now. Been up since 6 and I don't have anywhere to be till Wednesday morning! I have a lot to do around the house and getting things organized, but have no motivation.

Tomorrow is my 7th WI. I so want it to take me into onederland. I am so close but I also have the big "c". I drank some green tea last night and hope that will help for me.

I have no clothes in my closet or drawers that fit! When I cleaned my attic I found one thing of clothes. There were a lot of jeans that are 12's and 14's so I will be set when I drop to those sizes but the rest of my clothes are 16w and I literally walk right out of them. Since I really have nothing to do but an interview until the beginning of July, I am just not going to buy anything!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. If it is WI day I hope you are a big loser!
Sending the whoosh fairy to you today!! I am close to wonderland myself and know how exciting it will be to cross that threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Day 6 for me! Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in. According to my scale, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days I am so excited!!!
This is an awesome plan and the 1st week is always amazing!! Keep it up!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps:

had a very stressful, and eventful weekend....

This is what went down:
my oldest nefew Graduated High School On Sat morn.

On Friday... 650 am went to work..
That eve, 6 pm hm out of the tstorms (and tornado warnings)
9pm My mom calls all upset and sez her BP is sky High. I end up taking my mom to the emergency room for high blood pressure and exhaustion.
4am listening to my mom say every 15mins...i think this is bad..and asks the doc if its cancer????? She has a complete emotional breakdown in the hospital... They had to give her a Sedative for her to calm down!!!

7am she is released with clean bill of health..blood pressure under control and .no cancer smh....had moms hm by 730am. Got my Nefew up (his lives with my mom)... put her back to bed

Went to WI#7 @8am... Im down 2.5lbs -24lbs loss in 7 weeks.
Went hm, showered, went back to my moms, picked up nefew dropped him off @the ceremony, went hm got dressed, My mom couldnt attend the graduation , but I did... (stil NO SLEEP been up for 36hrs). left the ceremony, went home and couldnt go to sleep. went to sleep @ 6pm woke up at 930pm !!!

and i didnt resort to the wrong foods to cope... I stay 100% OP... actually I didnt eat much during that time... but I did nibble on a caramel bar in the hospital... I keep one in the car at all times!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #13  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps:

had a very stressful, and eventful weekend....

This is what went down:
my oldest nefew Graduated High School On Sat morn.

On Friday... 650 am went to work..
That eve, 6 pm hm out of the tstorms (and tornado warnings)
9pm My mom calls all upset and sez her BP is sky High. I end up taking my mom to the emergency room for high blood pressure and exhaustion.
4am listening to my mom say every 15mins...i think this is bad..and asks the doc if its cancer????? She has a complete emotional breakdown in the hospital... They had to give her a Sedative for her to calm down!!!

7am she is released with clean bill of health..blood pressure under control and .no cancer smh....had moms hm by 730am. Got my Nefew up (his lives with my mom)... put her back to bed

Went to WI#7 @8am... Im down 2.5lbs -24lbs loss in 7 weeks.
Went hm, showered, went back to my moms, picked up nefew dropped him off @the ceremony, went hm got dressed, My mom couldnt attend the graduation , but I did... (stil NO SLEEP been up for 36hrs). left the ceremony, went home and couldnt go to sleep. went to sleep @ 6pm woke up at 930pm !!!

and i didnt resort to the wrong foods to cope... I stay 100% OP... actually I didnt eat much during that time... but I did nibble on a caramel bar in the hospital... I keep one in the car at all times!!!
What a weekend of emotions!!! You handled it like a pro! Through it all kept is 100% You Go Girl!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #14  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
So great!!! Keep up the awesome work!

Quote:

Have a great day all!

Glad all your hard work paid off! I bet it feels good to get rid of all the stuff. It's like a cleanse... like IP for your home!

Just had my first phase 3 breakfast and it was divine. I am nervous about that insulin release and hope I don't get nauseous or anything.

See photo below!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-9.jpg (35.1 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by staceyjblack; 06-04-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
So great!!! Keep up the awesome work!

Just had my first phase 3 breakfast and it was divine. I am nervous about that insulin release and hope I don't get nauseous or anything.

See photo below!
I'm so jealous.
Closed Thread