Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning all you IP Champions. I had my WI#20 yesterday night and I lost a total of -6.4 lbs for a total weight loss of -94.2 lbs and have lost a total of -62 inches. That is just awesome I can't wait to get to my goal weight. Unfortunately I have to wait for 2 weeks before I can weigh in again because I have to go away to Ottawa, Ontario for work. I just need 1.4 lbs to get to goal weight for me.

Congrats to everybody with there weight loss success and with all the NSV lately I haven't been able to post as much as I like but have been reading all the posts.

I have had a NSV as well in the last few weeks my wife and I have found out that we are having another child. We have been trying for 2 years now and finnally it has happened. The new addition should be here around November 5, 2011.

Have a great day everyone and keep going working hard you can all finnish this weight loss journey you have started. Have a great day.
Woo Hoo!! Exciting news times 2! Congrats on the loss, and the "gain" of another child! What a blessing!!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #47  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Good Morning all you IP Champions. I had my WI#20 yesterday night and I lost a total of -6.4 lbs for a total weight loss of -94.2 lbs and have lost a total of -62 inches. That is just awesome I can't wait to get to my goal weight. Unfortunately I have to wait for 2 weeks before I can weigh in again because I have to go away to Ottawa, Ontario for work. I just need 1.4 lbs to get to goal weight for me.

Congrats to everybody with there weight loss success and with all the NSV lately I haven't been able to post as much as I like but have been reading all the posts.

I have had a NSV as well in the last few weeks my wife and I have found out that we are having another child. We have been trying for 2 years now and finnally it has happened. The new addition should be here around November 5, 2011.

Have a great day everyone and keep going working hard you can all finnish this weight loss journey you have started. Have a great day.
WAHOOOOO -- That is the BEST NSV ever!!!! A baby...now that is something to celebrate especially when it takes awhile to get there. Congratulations to you, your wife and your family. You must feel on top of the moon with such an amazing weight loss, looking 15 years younger, playing on the adult hockey (or is it lacrosse -- my memory is slipping), and a baby... well I am sooo very happy for you!!! Thanks for always sharing your victories with us -the inspiration, motivation and support are greatly appreciated
Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

My WI #10 was yesterday and I lost 2.2 for the week, and over 2 inches. I was pleased with it. I was having issues with TOM being 2 weeks late, so I am sure that played a part in it. (sorry men)

Today marks 10 weeks since I started IP, and with the scale finally moving these last 3 days, I am at 35 lbs lost. I could of never imagined 10 short weeks ago, I could feel this good, have resolve to finish this thing, and be free of headaches I want to do phase 1 for at least 3 or 4 more weeks, and then phase off by summer, but I am going to stay proactive and really watch my weight so I don't have to lose 50 lbs again. Even if I don't get to 50, I will just be so happy, I already feel so much better, my skin is so clear, and my hair feels good, and I am proud of all of this hard work. I know I couldn't of got this far without this forum. All of you have helped me so much these past 10 weeks.. Here's the to the next 10 weeks, hope everyone has a great day, stays 100% and keeps losing!!

P.S. My daughters sixth birthday is today, and we are having cake and 3 different flavors of ice cream tonight. I am not even tempted to eat. (of course, saving my bar as a snack to eat while they are eating that) See what waking up to one pound less does to me???

Last edited by momoffive; 04-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #49  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Hi All!

As always so inspired by you and your commitment and successes with the IP program!

I think I've posted before that I am a "turtle" in the losing category--and for the past month, although the lbs. are slowly and steadily moving downward, I have NOT lost an inch in 4 weeks.

I had my body fat tested last Friday and am within the "acceptable" range (heading toward the "fit" range) and my pants are loose, loose, loose so doesn't this seem crazy?

My "counselor" said she thought perhaps I was just more muscular (which isn't a bad thing, I suppose) but still...

Anyone else stopped losing inches for a long period of time? I do workout regularly and it hasn't "stopped" my progress on the scale so wondering if it has something to do with the inches--although that seems weird too.

Okay, just putting it out there.

Happy Wednesday Everyone! Keep on keeping on!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #50  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

Good Morning!

Day 5 for me. Feeling good. I quit smoking this morning. (Well last night.) I've had a major sore throat and I just can't do it anymore. I'm ready to let that go. I'm nervous about doing that the same time as starting dieting, but cigarettes taste awful on this diet so they're gone.

I'm still in that early lack of creativity phase, though I figure I'll have almost a year to learn about new vegetables and how to the cook them... salads and steamed broccoli for me still.

Hope everyone has a great IP Wednesday!!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default loss and time on program confessions

Hi,
Well at 10:00 this am I wrote on the loss and time on program thread.....page 3, and have been pondering what I wrote for the last 3 hours as I ran errands.
I have not really put a summary to my journey so far til then, I have looked at my sheets of course but did not summerize it, in what was for me a comprehensive overview that has made me seriously take stock of what is next.
Spring is here, time for a more accountable commitment to this program. More water is at the top of the list, and more measuring of food and exercise.
Congrats on new babies, new weight losses, new NSV'S and thanks again to all on this forum, it is the thread that keeps me strong and honest. Have a great rest of week everyone.

Last edited by thumper; 04-13-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 136/132.0/112

Height: 5ft1.5

Unhappy New to Ideal Protein and this Forum!

Hi Everyone, I have just completed my first week of IP and I have not yet lost a pound, however, I have lost an inch in my waist and some of my measurements have lowered. A brief history, I had been on Anti Depressants over the last almost 4 years, the first one being Wellbutrin XL, and just this past October, my doc changed it to Pristiq. My weight went completely bonkers and I gained almost 25 pounds in 5 months. The doctor says it has nothing to do with the meds, but I beg to differ. Anyway, took myself off the meds and have been off of them for 3 weeks now. I don't know if the weight is still not coming down yet because the drug may still be working its way out of my system. I am still determined to do this diet, feeling horrible because nothing in my wardrobe fits, hoping to get back into them by the summer. Any thoughts?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #53  
Awesome Member

I have a question. Has anybody ever felt like their Doctor (My coach is also my OB) set their weight goal too low? I can't remember ever weighing less than 170 in my life... (I'm 5 feet 4.75 inches, would you just say 5'5'?) and she wants me to get to 135! It seems impossible... I don't even know.... Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
just got back from my weigh in. i lost 5.4lbs which puts me at my 100lb loss.

i am beyond excited. i came to work and told everyone i knew. even told people that had no clue i was on a diet. but i am just so excited. hope everyone else is having a wonderful IP day.

keep up the good work.
Quote:

That is incredible! Way to go, you two!

...and congratualtions on the new baby-to-be Couts! That is the best NSV I have ever heard so far!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I had a short WI week on Monday (lost 2 lbs) due to my husband leaving to go out of town for military duty...he didn't show up because of work issues (he's lucky I lost 2 lbs or I would have been p'od for short weeking me).

I had a couple of little cheats this weekend..went to Outback and had some of the Remoulade Sauce with my shirmp and some Balsamic Vinaigrette on my salad...we forgot ours. It really tasted good but now I must pay the price...the ketosis strips aren't showing me any LOVE...nothing...today is Wednesday and I've been good this week...oh well, there is alway tomorrow.

BTW...ordered some Lindora choc pudding/drink mix..very good as a drink not tried pudding...carmel nut bars, yummy (compared packaging to our IP CN bar same right down to the Lot #), cappacinno, yummy..I mix with my coffee. I like to use some of the Lindora products to fill in to save a little $$. I still think that IP has the best selection and is nutritionally better then most other products but I like to save $$.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Good Morning!

Day 5 for me. Feeling good. I quit smoking this morning. (Well last night.) I've had a major sore throat and I just can't do it anymore. I'm ready to let that go. I'm nervous about doing that the same time as starting dieting, but cigarettes taste awful on this diet so they're gone.

I'm still in that early lack of creativity phase, though I figure I'll have almost a year to learn about new vegetables and how to the cook them... salads and steamed broccoli for me still.

Hope everyone has a great IP Wednesday!!
There are a ton of recipes on the 2 different recipe boards here - just do a search on ideal protein recipes and you'll find the threads. I hadn't even considered altering things until I read some of them - now I have all sorts of recipes to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxygyal View Post
Hi Everyone, I have just completed my first week of IP and I have not yet lost a pound, however, I have lost an inch in my waist and some of my measurements have lowered. A brief history, I had been on Anti Depressants over the last almost 4 years, the first one being Wellbutrin XL, and just this past October, my doc changed it to Pristiq. My weight went completely bonkers and I gained almost 25 pounds in 5 months. The doctor says it has nothing to do with the meds, but I beg to differ. Anyway, took myself off the meds and have been off of them for 3 weeks now. I don't know if the weight is still not coming down yet because the drug may still be working its way out of my system. I am still determined to do this diet, feeling horrible because nothing in my wardrobe fits, hoping to get back into them by the summer. Any thoughts?
Everyone loses weight/size differently but if you stick with it you'll definitely get there. It may just be that it's taking your body a while to clear the drugs out of your system. Have you been writing down everything you're eating and going over that with your coach? Are you getting all of the water you need? I've had some very low weight loss weeks myself and every time I do I can either go back and find something I ate and shouldn't have, or I realize I didn't write down what I ate so can't account for everything.

Hang in there and give it a chance - we're all proof here that it works and everyone here has been great for support and as informational resources as well!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
I have a question. Has anybody ever felt like their Doctor (My coach is also my OB) set their weight goal too low? I can't remember ever weighing less than 170 in my life... (I'm 5 feet 4.75 inches, would you just say 5'5'?) and she wants me to get to 135! It seems impossible... I don't even know.... Did anyone else feel like that in the beginning?
My coach asked me what my weight goal was and didn't set one for me. If I go off of the height/weight charts then i'll have to lose muscle to get there as my muscle weight is higher than my suggested body weight lol.

Personally I set a goal of 230 though the charts say 185 but I'm not set on the 230 - it's just my best guess at this point. My main goal is going to be my body fat% which I want below 15% (10% ideally). I plan on re-evaluating my goals as I get closer - in the meantime I just set mini goals for myself of 10 lbs. It makes it seem better when you can achieve a goal rather than having something so far away.

Far as what your coach says - I don't know if 135 would be too small - I would just say do it as long as you want to. If you get to 170 and are happy and healthy there then that's all you need - if you wanna go further, go further - point is you should be in control of that.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #58  
Awesome Member

Thanks again Rondre! I'll just see as I go too I think!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
don't forget your shaker, I did once and lumpy drinks wer not good.
OH!! Thank you! I would have forgotten that and yes, lumpy drinks are not good!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #60  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I agree with Rondre - you sould be the one setting your own goal to where you feel comfortable. You want it to be realistic for you and shouldn't feel it's insurmountable. I, personally, set my goal around body fat% and certain 'skinny' clothes that I want to fit into again. The number on the scale may very well be higher when I get there than it was when I wore those clothes before and I'm okay with that. Whatever you decide, you should feel excited and motivated about it...and it's not set in stone, you can always modify your goals in the future.
Closed Thread