Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: Goal 130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
Morning ya'll! Day 6 for me and I feel fine but last night I felt kind of sad. I miss good food! Seriously I feel sad not eating something "normal" but... then I read some posts about phases 2,3 & 4. I got to tell ya that I feel better knowing this is not FOREVER. My daugther was eating a Lean Pocket this morning on her way to school and it was a little torturous. I am now just thinking I can do this until I get my goal. Knowing what is in the other phases is a great motivator! The more I stay OP the quicker I can get there!!
The first week was hard for me. It took me a good ten days to realize what I had to work with and get creative!

Now i feel like i've found my stride and i am looking forward to my healthier meals. I went from two cups of steamed broccoli to a tomato, red onion and cilantro salad with oven roasted eggplant. Now i add veggies to my soups (sautéed asparagus added to the cream of leek is so delicious!)

It get SO much easier with time....
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Morning ya'll! Day 6 for me and I feel fine but last night I felt kind of sad. I miss good food! Seriously I feel sad not eating something "normal" but... then I read some posts about phases 2,3 & 4. I got to tell ya that I feel better knowing this is not FOREVER. My daugther was eating a Lean Pocket this morning on her way to school and it was a little torturous. I am now just thinking I can do this until I get my goal. Knowing what is in the other phases is a great motivator! The more I stay OP the quicker I can get there!!
Don't worry it definitely gets easier, quickly. I had that sad feeling too, actually - it's kind of like you're leaving behind a loved one! Well, it was for me anyway. I had realized the commitment I made with my body and thought, "No more macaroni and cheese and yummy banana pancake breakfasts with cinnamon raisin toast, wahhh!"

Also like you, I looked at the rest of the phases to see what to look forward to. P2 isn't much different than 1, but P3 breakfasts are what I'm working towards, and then my "free" days in P4 maintenance!

It helped me to know that I haven't completely divorced myself from those foods FOREVER, and that right now is only temporary.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #18  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good morning!
It's been a busy week and I haven't been on as often I would like. Congrats on the losses and NSV's and welcome newcomers

WI yesterday was good, I am pleased with my 4.8# loss and an additional 8.5 inches! I'm starting phase 2 today. I will not be at my 150 goal but I will be phased off by 1yr. I know it is time for me.

Wishing everyone a great day, good luck with WI's.
Addy you look great congrats on going to phase 2 have a great week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Good morning everyone!
I've been so busy with grad school/classroom observations that I haven't had much time to come on here.
My husband and I are attending Sub Ball (Navy ball for submariners that happens every year) this weekend so I went dress shopping a few days ago. I normally HATE dress shopping but I found the perfect dress on the first try. My friend took pictures on her phone and looking at them was the first time I really noticed that I've lost weight. I'm feeling pretty good and can't wait to look smokin' hot on Saturday night.
Wishing everyone a happy hump day
Good morning are you going to post a picture for us all to see? You will definately be smoking on Saturday. Have a great week too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
One word: Amazing!!! Such an inspiration. And you're a fellow PCOSer if I remember correctly, right? Congrats on moving to Phase 2 and beyond!

I would say my SWness (scale whore-ness) is getting me down today. I've been the same weight since Saturday and have been making adjustments- more water, leaner meats, more salad, different veggies, etc. My coach thought I was on my "50 lb stall" which she's seen with other IPers. All I can is that it's majorly frustrating!! I really really really want to be to goal by May 30th (my 8 year wedding anniversary) and start phasing off from there. I feel like I can touch it yet it's a million miles away. Rant over. That felt good.
Ash I hope you aren't in a stall and it is just a matter of getting this week over and next week you will lose lots. sending you a whoosh fairy..

Quote:
It seems like yesterday I started and I am on my 9th week. It does go by fast and so does the weight, you have a great attitude this ISN'T forever but by the time you are finished your taste will change and you will look at food differently. Right now I haven't been tempted with anything, and I have gone out to diner and have gone candy shopping for my desk container (my coworkers get to eat it all now) I am finding that when I want to snack I look at what veggies I have and if I really need to snack or just need a nice tea. It usually is a nice tea.

Today was the first time, but I forgot my veggies for lunch. I will have to look around for a nice salad for lunch. Working at the airport there isn't a lot of choices here.... but I know I should be able to find one, maybe a nice spinich salad or even a veggie tray.... Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Happy Hump Day All,
So I had a cheat on the weekend, and was very happy to know that I was back in Ketosis yesterday. I knocked myself out of Ketosis on Sunday and was out for 1.5 day's. I use the Ketostix to make sure I was back in. I could tell that I was going back in yesterday mid morning becuase My breath was pretty rank, and I find that when I am going into Ketosis, I get a little dizzy when I move to fast in an upward motion.

Have a great week everyone and I hope you all have very successfull weight losses.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to send off a big THANK YOU to everyone that has been posting on here. It has been a huge motivator for me and is keeping me going strong.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

That is the exact way I'm looking at the situation. The quicker I get through phase one by following it to the "t" with no cheats, the quicker I can eat healthy real meals. I am sooo looking forward to the phase 4 mandatory cheat day. That is my true motivator; well that and new clothes shopping for the summer! Have a great day
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Just a quick note about ketostix, if you are drinking the water required on our diet, it is likely you will not see the ketostix move off the negative/trace range...with that said, we know that the signs of no hunger and bad breath are the key indicators of ketosis Have a great IP day
Thank you. I only plan on using them first thing in the morning (only when in doubt) and of course, I will take the readings with a grain of salt and consider the other indicators!

Have a great IP day too!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-13-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Thank you. I only plan on using them first thing in the morning (only when in doubt) and of course, I will take the readings with a grain of salt and consider the other indicators!

Have a great IP day too!
Hey Susie,

I have been drinking the amount's of water that IP suggest and most days a whole lot more, and I find that my Ketostix will still give me an acurate reading. When I tested last night after all day of drinking water, It still showed me there was small amounts of Ketone's in my system. I'm sure you will find what works for you.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Talking Thank you!

Thank you, everyone, for such encouraging posts yesterday. It really helped! And thank you, Lynn, for the websote for the scales. I ordered one that should work (and only for 30 bucks!!). I guess with this new diet and trying to get through a very tough class in school, it just got the better of me yesterday. Everyone's encouragement plus seeing so many successes posted cheered me up!

Good luck to everyone today, I know y'all will be GREAT! :
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #25  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Just made cappuccino cinnamon muffins the house smells so good.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky123 View Post
Happy Hump Day All,
So I had a cheat on the weekend, and was very happy to know that I was back in Ketosis yesterday. I knocked myself out of Ketosis on Sunday and was out for 1.5 day's. I use the Ketostix to make sure I was back in. I could tell that I was going back in yesterday mid morning becuase My breath was pretty rank, and I find that when I am going into Ketosis, I get a little dizzy when I move to fast in an upward motion.

Have a great week everyone and I hope you all have very successfull weight losses.
Thanks for explaining ketosis for me. I have been doing IP for 5 weeks now. Guess I should be happy I don't have bad breath, but am concerned I am not going through it. I'm not hungry anymore so I don't know what the heck is going on! Maybe, I will be a late bloomer!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Just made cappuccino cinnamon muffins the house smells so good.
Oh my gosh, where can I get this recipe?!?!?!?!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Hi all! Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

I feel like I am ready for my trip. Leaving tonight and coming back Sunday. I cut up cauliflower, cucumbers, bell peppers and celery and packed my WF ranch. Also 2 bags of lettuce and my oil and vinegar. Of course my sea salt and vitamins. Have my drinkboxes and packs of food ready. Family reunion, here I come! Did I forget anything? (I really fell like I should take my scale! lol)

Last edited by mamabearone; 04-13-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #29  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Good morning everyone! I hope you're all having a great day!

Quick question....I know that crawfish is on the ok list for lean protein. Would having crawfish at a crawfish boil have too much sodium? I'll ask my coach at my WI this week, but just curious if anyone else has had experience with this?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Good morning everyone!
I've been so busy with grad school/classroom observations that I haven't had much time to come on here.
My husband and I are attending Sub Ball (Navy ball for submariners that happens every year) this weekend so I went dress shopping a few days ago. I normally HATE dress shopping but I found the perfect dress on the first try. My friend took pictures on her phone and looking at them was the first time I really noticed that I've lost weight. I'm feeling pretty good and can't wait to look smokin' hot on Saturday night.
Wishing everyone a happy hump day
Congratulations!! I would say I'd hunt you down to see how awesome you look, but try as I might, DF refuses to go to the Sub Ball. Little does he realize that once I reach my goal, we WILL be going next year [unless he gets capped and we go to the "Khaki" Ball in the fall -- fingers crossed]. There's no WAY I'm letting our hard work go to waste without showing it off, ha ha! Have a great time and be sure to post photos for us to see
Closed Thread