Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #61  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24boys View Post
Hi All,
Day 11 and I feel really good today. Talked to my doctor about the palpitations. Said to take another magnesium every day (I was only taking one). Thank you all for your feedback and encouragement. This forum has become and awesome support system!
mom24boys, thats interesting, cause i was told to take 4 a day of the calcium-magnesium. 2 after supper and 2 after my evening snack. not sure why we would be told differently, but......
Old 04-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Another early morning for me, and the instructor wants to start an hour earlier on Friday-I would have to get up at 2am!!!!

My mother had her 3 WI today...no weight loss, but 1 inch lost. Her coach thinks she is in starvation mode. She eats a lot of celery and broccoli as her veggies and only has 5-6 ounces of meat. Her coach is having her eat 1 restricted bar a day this week to see if it helps! I WI thursday

Tonight I am going to Bennihana with my DH for his birthday meal from them. I have a plan, but man will I be missing my fried rice. I think I will be getting chicken instead of a steak. I wonder how big their meat portions are? I am drooling already..yikes! I think an early snack is in order in another hour or so.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vballmom View Post
Hey fellow IP dieters! Just had my first WI today....6 pounds! Does anyone have any recipes they would like to share?

Thanks! <3
I have found www.idealweightacadiana.com/recipes to be a terrific source!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
mom24boys, thats interesting, cause i was told to take 4 a day of the calcium-magnesium. 2 after supper and 2 after my evening snack. not sure why we would be told differently, but......
I'm with Ray on this- I take 4 a day and if you have the Natura brand Cal-Mag you can see the serving size on the bottle says 4 tablets as well. I was told this is a crucial part of the diet because you're not getting these nutrients from normal food you would be eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post
Good morning all,
Another early morning for me, and the instructor wants to start an hour earlier on Friday-I would have to get up at 2am!!!!

My mother had her 3 WI today...no weight loss, but 1 inch lost. Her coach thinks she is in starvation mode. She eats a lot of celery and broccoli as her veggies and only has 5-6 ounces of meat. Her coach is having her eat 1 restricted bar a day this week to see if it helps! I WI thursday

Tonight I am going to Bennihana with my DH for his birthday meal from them. I have a plan, but man will I be missing my fried rice. I think I will be getting chicken instead of a steak. I wonder how big their meat portions are? I am drooling already..yikes! I think an early snack is in order in another hour or so.
Benihana is awesome - one word of caution with the snack though - try to not make it a restricted because the veggies they include (at least at the ones I've been to) usually have some occasional varieties with them and they use a lot of oil to cook the meat in as well. Not sure if you're a fan of salmon but the one I had there was awesome if you want an alternative to chicken and steak.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #65  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello IPers!! Lost 2.6 this week. Too low for this gal so I'm going to limit restricteds and up the salad and water this week. I'm ready for a big ## next week!!! Have a fabulous day!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #66  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Thanks again Rondre! You're awesome! And thank goodness. I really like my stir fry!

I can't stop thinking of questions. Can I add a shot of espresso to my IP cappuccino drink?
Hi Snow

I put 2 shots of regular espresso and 1 shot of decaf into my ready to drink vanilla drink with a bit of extra water every morning -- this is my to go breakfast (and I LOVE it) I was never a fan of the sweet coffee drinks - I am an americano girl with a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 but since I had to give up the 1/2 and 1/2 I have been using the RTD (ready to drink) and making an IP version of a vanilla latte. I make sure to get in at least 1 gallon of water a day to off set any damage done by my espresso habit. (this is what happens when you live in Seattle and work in a coffee shop for years-- thank goodness I never worked at a chocolate shop ) Hope this helps!!!! Keep asking questions, and keep reading - this site has been an IP lifeline for me in this whole process
Old 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Happy Tuesday !!
WI #4 was yesterday and not great after our weekend in Banff but it wasn't a total gong show LOL
Back on track now, my coach is so friggin great to talk to !

So being kicked out of ketosis ? What does it ? Carbs ? Sugar? Fat ? all of the above ??

Last edited by CaperTiff; 04-12-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #68  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

Default Hellooooooo

ONEDERLAND!!!!

Meet your newest permanent resident!!! This morning my scale said199!! I was hoping it would happen this week, but not today!!Yay!! 6 weeks and one day, 27 llbs gone forever!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 164/153/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I am taking the IP multi vitamin and the IP potassium, but not the IP magnesium. Maybe the dose is different. I don't know. I'm feeling much better today, so it could all have been unrelated to IP too. Maybe some anxiety?
Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #70  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowclover View Post
Thanks again Rondre! You're awesome! And thank goodness. I really like my stir fry!

I can't stop thinking of questions. Can I add a shot of espresso to my IP cappuccino drink?
Hi - I just wanted to add something pertaining to coffee that I learned last week. I always drink a couple cups when I get to work (add extra water intake to accomodate for the second cup), and occassionally I'll have a starbucks americano instead (which is just espresso and hot water). For some reason I felt compelled one afternoon to look at the nutritional information on their website and was surprised to find the following: drip coffee had 5cal, 0carbs, 0fat; americano & espresso had 10 cal, 0fat, 2carbs!

Anyway, it's not the end of the world, but I stick with drip coffee most of the time now and only occassionally have an espresso. On the weekends I often have instant coffee (0/0/0), which you could also add to your cappuccino drink.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #71  
Awesome Member

S/C/G: 233/214/???

Height: 5 foot 4.75 inches

TaitN- Congratulations!!! I hope I'm hot on your heals in a month or two! <3

Thank you everyone for answering my espresso question. I may stick to regular drip in that case, but I am enjoying my espresso today.

I love this community, there is so much knowledge shared here. I'm mildly convinced you all are more informed than my coach!

Last edited by snowclover; 04-12-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
ONEDERLAND!!!!

Meet your newest permanent resident!!! This morning my scale said199!! I was hoping it would happen this week, but not today!!Yay!! 6 weeks and one day, 27 llbs gone forever!
CONGRATULATIONS

27lbs in 6 weeks is AMAZING!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get back into ketosis once you have fallen out? I cheated on Saturday after FIL's funeral (too much meat with dinner, non-IP-friendly salad dressing, 2 little dessert squares, alcohol with diet cola). I have been good ever since but as of today, I am still not losing weight (at all) and I suspect that I am still not back in ketosis... any advice on what to do to would be greatly appreciated! Also, would exercise help "burn it off" or would it hinder the process and prevent ketosis?
I'm a little confused about this subject too. I had 3 small french fries, that's 3 individual fries, Sunday and my coach told me that was all it would take to knock me out of ketosis. Hmmm, only 3 fries?!?!?! She said it would take me another 48 hours to get back into ketosis but when I weighed in, I was down another pound and 6 inches overall. Today I am down another 2 pounds so I'm not sure what she's talking about.

I'm assuming the 48 hours is a general rule and so you should be back into ketosis after that.

I read on here somewhere that if you do cheat and it's just a minor amount, like 1 drink or maybe just 3 oz. of a goody, and you were active during the next few hours after consumption, you would burn off the carbs without them turning into fat and without knocking your body out of ketosis. Makes sense to me since our bodies utilize what food we put into it first and then go back to whatever state it was in. As far as exercising days after your "cheat", unfortunately it won't burn off the specific foods you consumed. But I'm always an advocate of at least mild exercise no matter what so it won't hurt to take a nice walk. If anything it will improve your mood and lift your spirits so you aren't feeling so guilty about what's already passed.

Most importantly, don't stress over it. You'll get back into ketosis, you'll continue to lose weight and inches and you'll keep feeling better about yourself everyday!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Carbs and sugar knock you out of ketosis. Fat doesn't -which is why Atkins also works but is high in fat.

Alcohol slows down fat burning as it provides the body with an "more readily available" source of energy.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabearone View Post
I think this is an NSV>>>>>
My students today were poking me in the stomach like I was the Pillsbury dough boy and said "Ms. Whitaker! You lost some weight." lol gotta love kids!!

I am nervous about this weekend. Going to a family reunion in Texas and a good ole Texas bbq!! I have a plan which is to take all my veggies and packets and drinks, but so afraid I'll fall off the wagon! Help!!
I was at a bday party out of town last week. They usually have salad. Use lemon juice, s&p, oil & vinegar, etc. Maybe meat without the sauce? Iwas feeling weak as dessert time approached so I found a private corner outside and used my IPhone to come to this site. Just reading the posts helped. you can do it! Walk away frm the food when ur done & engage others in conversation. And if u can get on line - come here - we'll talk u off the ledge.
E
Closed Thread