Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #61  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntula View Post
I'm back, haven't been able to look at the blog for a while. My Ideal Protein counselor at Anatomy Day Spa (in San Diego) just informed me that they will not be ordering anymore product, indefinately (WTF). I have had my issues with them not having enough product of the things I like, now they ran out of the vitamins and I'm not a "happy camper". I did like my counselor but I found her to not be too informed and found more help from my friend and this blog. She told me to purchase the vitamins myself at a health/vitamin store and use the bottle as my reference for dosage. I found Natures Blend had the Cal/Mag/Zinc at Kaiser for $3.95! Yippee! I haven't found a replacement for the others because I currently have them. I would like some help on the replacement shakes. I like Chocolate Drink, and haven't found a good replacement. I have lost 22# so far and I'm trying to get over the 201.2 hunp and get into the 100's. I'm still going to follow the plan but on my own. Any suggestions?
Sorry to hear your coach just up and quit. You can do this on your own. I have for about 5-6 weeks now. I use 100% Whey protein powder from GNC and pure protein bars on occassion. I have not found a replacement for the Calcium/potassium suppliment though. I have seen and had good results going at this on my own, you will too.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #62  
Started 1/9/11

S/C/G: 222

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Sorry to hear your coach just up and quit. You can do this on your own. I have for about 5-6 weeks now. I use 100% Whey protein powder from GNC and pure protein bars on occassion. I have not found a replacement for the Calcium/potassium suppliment though. I have seen and had good results going at this on my own, you will too.
It's not my coach it was the Day Spa. Not sure if I should let anyone know from IP about this. Thanks for the encouragement!

Last edited by hwntula; 04-11-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #63  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Wow. Loads of activity for a Monday morning. I don't WI today until 8:30pm!! I'm a little scared, since I normally WI either in the morning or early afternoon. I also had a rough week. No cheats, but just stressed and forgetting vitamins, etc. Felt like I was always playing catchup with something. I don't think I'll have a great loss, but at least I know I didn't really screw anything up! I will report back (late!) tonight.
Good luck tonight and whatever the result, remember how much you are learning--about yourself, your nutrition, and making this a new lifestyle! You're doing great!

Last edited by NonieRuns; 04-11-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #64  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Well, I had my BMI tested (some new-fangled machine at the clinic) and...drum roll here...I am now in the ACCEPTABLE range (NOT at the TOP of the range, but WITHIN the ACCEPTABLE range). Yippee! Next goal--to be WITHIN the FIT range!

Happy Monday All!

Last edited by NonieRuns; 04-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #65  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
When measuring veggies, does it matter if you use a dry measuring cup or a scale for weight?
Welcome! I measured my veggies in a measuring cup and weighed my meat on a scale. You mentioned using a stir fry sauce in your stir fry. I used Worcestershire sauce. Sometimes I added some spices. Sometimes I didn't add any sauce or spices. We had shrimp stir fry with a little Worcestershire today for lunch. I buy the tiny cooked frozen shrimp at Walmart. Makes a quick meal. As you can tell by my weight I am on phase 4, but I still love stir fry and turnip fries. I use fresh veggies. Last summer I tried the frozen veg., we like fresh better and I don't mind chopping veg.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Tues. WI

I'm pretty excited to WI tomorrow, I don't know how I've done, but I'm ready to get some measurements taken!
I have found if you are struggling with the "big C", that if you just have your omega 3, flaxseed caps, and vitamin D, you won't get so 'bound up'.
I know you're supposed to have all your vitamins, but I don't have them all daily anymore.
Anyone else have any suggestions? Vitamin C didn't work for me.
Looks like everyone is doing great, I'm not sure which WI it is for me, I started Jan 25, so I'm sure I could figure it out but I know I'll be nearing the 40 lb. mark by the end of the month.
How amazing is this!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #67  

Default Challenge

I just looked at the challenge spreadsheet, looks like a lot of people have neglected to record their weight loss. What's up?
My loss has been minimal, but I'm trying! Honest!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

Okay, here's another food related question. I had a go at the turnip fries. They were very limp but tasted good. Only problem was they really stuck to the foil. We ended up eating them standing over the stove. I think I tossed them in one tsp of oil. Tips on this one?

BTW, thanks for the omelette info. I'm going to make that for lunch at the office tomorrow.

Holly
Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #69  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by traeh1314 View Post
I started IP Friday and I must say today I am dragging. My friend quit the first day! So much for support. It is harder than I thought. I am committed at least until my sister's engagement party in 7 seven weeks. I have my doubts if I can do this all summer. My stomach has growled for three days
Welcome! You have already been given some good advice and encouragment, so I'll try not to do a repeat. Decide what YOU want in life, what you want your life to be like. If you want to be healthier, thinner, fat free, have lots of energy, be able to do more, feel great then Ip might be the plan for you. If you are convinced it is your ticket to where you want to go, then go for it. I know you can do it. There are some things you can do to get over the rough days and the plan does get better. When the weight begans to come off WOW that is the greatest feeling of acomplishment. Keep us posted. Judy
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #70  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Okay, here's another food related question. I had a go at the turnip fries. They were very limp but tasted good. Only problem was they really stuck to the foil. We ended up eating them standing over the stove. I think I tossed them in one tsp of oil. Tips on this one?

BTW, thanks for the omelette info. I'm going to make that for lunch at the office tomorrow.

Holly
Holly, I understand you have to measure the amout of oil you consume daily. This what I do now, I use a mister( sprayer made for oil). The brand name is Misto, I bought it at TJ maxx for $7.99. Belk has one for 9.99. I put olive oil(the type used for sauteing and grilling) in it, spray my pan lightly and very lightly spray my turnip slices. They turn out great. Had some last night.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Well, I am back at it again to get the pesky 10-15 lbs off before summer. I did what I said I wouldn't and cheated on my birthday and then couldn't recover. I have had a month of eating whatever I wanted but not overindulging in those things. I am still in all my clothes, but I feel different and I don't like it. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks, which is a big no no, but I am on the Phase 1 train today and determined to get this taken care of. I'll pop in now and then to get some motivation and will jump on the scale tomorrow
Welcome back! We've missed you.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #72  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Still going...

WI #18-Down 4 more lbs and a few inches!! Yipee!
Had big NSV today as I was able to buy a Danskin yoga pant in regular 16/18!! First time in twenty years I did not have to buy in plus sized clothes!! I feel fabulous and so motivated to keep going strong 100% on protocol. I can just taste ONEDERLAND!!

Have a fantastic week everyone. Be true to yourself and the program and you will get results!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #73  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
WI #18-Down 4 more lbs and a few inches!! Yipee!
Had big NSV today as I was able to buy a Danskin yoga pant in regular 16/18!! First time in twenty years I did not have to buy in plus sized clothes!! I feel fabulous and so motivated to keep going strong 100% on protocol. I can just taste ONEDERLAND!!

Have a fantastic week everyone. Be true to yourself and the program and you will get results!!
No more plus sizes for you. Great job!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #74  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Default Double High Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Awesome JOB! High five!
Back at you! Saw the pictures - you look amazing! Keep me posted on the weight lifting - I'm pretty sore today from hitting the gym for the first time since I started plan. I can't wait for my Michelle Obama arms to kick in.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #75  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntula View Post
I'm back, haven't been able to look at the blog for a while. My Ideal Protein counselor at Anatomy Day Spa (in San Diego) just informed me that they will not be ordering anymore product, indefinately (WTF). I have had my issues with them not having enough product of the things I like, now they ran out of the vitamins and I'm not a "happy camper". I did like my counselor but I found her to not be too informed and found more help from my friend and this blog. She told me to purchase the vitamins myself at a health/vitamin store and use the bottle as my reference for dosage. I found Natures Blend had the Cal/Mag/Zinc at Kaiser for $3.95! Yippee! I haven't found a replacement for the others because I currently have them. I would like some help on the replacement shakes. I like Chocolate Drink, and haven't found a good replacement. I have lost 22# so far and I'm trying to get over the 201.2 hunp and get into the 100's. I'm still going to follow the plan but on my own. Any suggestions?
Hang in there Tula! I know you can do it. You will be in onederland by next week if you keep doing what you been doing. You go girl!!
Closed Thread