3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Phase 1 Plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/230283-alternative-phase-1-plan.html)

Airgirl22 04-10-2011 05:25 PM

Alternative Phase 1 Plan

Hi Everyone - I am starting the IP Alternative Phase 1 program tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone has been successful doing this plan? Also, it doesn't specify on the protocol page if we are allowed to have a restricted IP as one of our 3 proteins in the day. Any thoughts or comments on this alternative program is greatly appreciated!!

GettingItOff 04-10-2011 06:09 PM

It Works!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airgirl22 (Post 3800883)
Hi Everyone - I am starting the IP Alternative Phase 1 program tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone has been successful doing this plan? Also, it doesn't specify on the protocol page if we are allowed to have a restricted IP as one of our 3 proteins in the day. Any thoughts or comments on this alternative program is greatly appreciated!!

I've been doing it. The first week I had 4 packets and most days ate all the food that it called for and lost 7.8 lbs. And, yes, you can have one restricted food choice per day. After the first week I cut back on the additional allowance of foods, and for example, I would just eat one slice of toast instead of 2, went down to 3 packets per day, lost 3 pounds, the following week I kept my fruit in the morning and ate some dairy, yogurt for lunch and lost 3.8 pounds.

wurdnerd 04-12-2011 06:58 AM

Mmmmm... fruit and dairy. I miss those.

I'm not on the modified protocol, but am starting Phase 1 Protocol 2 from the good Dr's website. The only difference is I have only 2 packets a day, and have real food for lunch and dinner. No fruit or dairy, though.

Just got some restricted items this week, so I have no opinion on those yet.

crystalchuckgracie 04-12-2011 08:56 PM

what do you all think of this?
it is almost exactly like ideal protein pudding

http://www.dietdirect.com/wonderslim...ingshakes.html

Aacks 04-14-2011 01:26 PM

I"m on the Alternative plan because I"m type 1 diabetic. I was also curious about this. I have 3 packets a day and Dinner. Day 4 and I'm going to try and not do the Dairy, Grain, Fruit.
We will see if I can!
I weigh in on Monday, will let you know how it goes.

Lilstormtracker 04-14-2011 06:45 PM

I just started the Alternative Phase 1 Plan also. They said you dont lose as much weight so I've been skeptical. I tried the regular IP plan and got very sick from the lack of sugar and carbs. I have my first weigh in on Tuesday. I am soo nervous!! Also, do any of you cheat every once in awhile? I had a little bowl of ice cream (fat free and no sugar added) last night...I feel like I need to go to confession or something!!

Aacks 04-15-2011 12:52 PM

I have to say the first 2 days I did the alternative but my blood sugars have been fine so now I'm just on the regular. I've lost 5 pounds in 5 days.

khtsmi 02-12-2012 08:56 PM

Curious if there is anyone now doing the alternative phase 1 and if so how long did u do it. How much did you loose.

Lorilou 02-20-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khtsmi (Post 4213875)
Curious if there is anyone now doing the alternative phase 1 and if so how long did u do it. How much did you loose.

I just switched to the Alternative Phase 1 Plan on Saturday. I was having a lot of problems on the regular plan including being extremely hungry and tired, headaches and I almost fainted a few times. My coach suggested I try this Plan instead although I am not diabetic. I must say I do enjoy being allowed to have a carb, fruit and milk product daily. Even if I do not lose at the same rate at least I will still be losing and feel better too. Good luck to you on the Alternative Plan. I hope it works well for you. :hug:

khtsmi 02-20-2012 11:22 PM

I know I am not doing this right but only when I feel bad I will have brown rice or bannana. I also have been to the passing out point and having heart palpitations. Have u weighed in yet? I think we ate the only ones doing this.

Lorilou 02-21-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khtsmi (Post 4223998)
I know I am not doing this right but only when I feel bad I will have brown rice or bannana. I also have been to the passing out point and having heart palpitations. Have u weighed in yet? I think we ate the only ones doing this.

I have not weighed in yet. I go Friday. I think you need to be consistant on the Alternative Plan. You are either on it or your not. I am concerned about your symptoms. Have you talked to your coach? Do you need a copy of the Alternative plan sheet so you can follow it?

whisperingshouts 02-22-2012 12:21 AM

Could you post a copy of the alternative plan protocol sheet??

khtsmi 02-22-2012 02:34 AM

I weigh Thursday my first weigh in will let you know. I have the sheet. Let me know how you do. Today I feel better

rissimo 02-22-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisperingshouts (Post 4225621)
Could you post a copy of the alternative plan protocol sheet??

Here you go. Now these are the Alternative sheets that Diabetics use. If you are wanting Alternative sheets for the use of using the alternative products, there are not any. Just follow the regular IP plan but just use the alternative products.

Lorilou 02-22-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khtsmi (Post 4225659)
I weigh Thursday my first weigh in will let you know. I have the sheet. Let me know how you do. Today I feel better

I weigh in Friday. I will let you know how it goes. Please tell me how you do and I;m glad you are feeling better :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4225830)
Here you go. Now these are the Alternative sheets that Diabetics use. If you are wanting Alternative sheets for the use of using the alternative products, there are not any. Just follow the regular IP plan but just use the alternative products.

Thank you for posting the Alternative Sheet. I have so busy with work that this is the first chance I have had to log in.