Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Well, I had been strong and I was doing amazing (except for the toast with 12-year-old Scotch last night) but today I really blew it! I started out good: vanilla RTD drink box for breakfast, water in the car, protein bar & water during the reception after the memorial... but I did not get around to preparing my own food for dinner. I ate the burger, without the bun, and had ceasar salad (iwth whatever dressing they put on it) and had pickles and tomatoes. I broke out my salt & vinegar ridges when everyone had chips BUT... I did not resist the dessert. I tried, I really did... but it was stronger than me with that big platter just sitting there in front of me. I was very reasonable in my portions though... but almost doesn't count when dealing with ketosis. I also had two rum & diet colas.

Time to close that chapter and move on. I guess I should go back to doing IP as I did the first weeks with (almost) no restricteds and no limited veggies for the next week. I am going to try

Sometimes life happens. :-( I am still proud of how well I have done under the circumstances. I am now crossing my fingers that I won't get too sick from this... and that going back into ketosis won't be too brutal on my body!
Hey !! Life happens and you deal with it!! I think you have been under a lot of stress lately but have come through it with grace and resolve!! Hop back on the IP wagon and start again. We will be there for you. You have been in my prayers. Hope this helps!!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 258/214/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
Wow! What a small world! I just started my second week today and I LOVE it! I'll be honest, the first week was HARD. But I have more energy and am losing inches! My husband, who is not on the plan but is forced to eat better because we de-carbed the house, has lost 7 pounds this week!! Do you get your products from Nutrition World?
i get mine from my chiro that is behind nutrition world. i am on day 2 and i think it is going to be ok. i have had an ip drink and 2 egg whites. i am thinking i am going to sames to stock up in veggies. where do you think the best place to get them is? aldi is also cheap.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Sigh. I'm getting so confused about the veggies. I thought it was 2 cups lettuce plus 2 cups allowed veggies. Is it really 4 cups allowed veggies? Cause that would be great. 2 never seems like enough.

Holly
According to my sheets for veggies at lunch:
unlimited lettuce (romaine, iceburg)
2 cups of veggies from the list

Dinner:
unlimited lettuce(romaine, iceburg)
2 cups of veggies from the list
Old 04-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #139  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Here is a combination I thought sounded good. I admit I haven't tried it yet because I don't have any chocolate soy puffs on hand. But a friend told me that one of her friends mixed an IP packet of chocolate soy puffs with an IP packet of peanut butter soy puffs, then divided the combined packets in half to make two servings. She said the combination of the chocolate and peanut butter were like a peanut butter cup and it has helped with her cravings for that candy (which is her favorite).

I will be trying this soon. It sounded good enough to post the combination.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #140  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Sigh. I'm getting so confused about the veggies. I thought it was 2 cups lettuce plus 2 cups allowed veggies. Is it really 4 cups allowed veggies? Cause that would be great. 2 never seems like enough.

Holly
Gaya just answered your question and if you want go back to the previous page and read my post #131. Your veg. can be eaten raw in a salad or cooked or some cooked and some raw. I have added Romaine lettuce to a veg. stir fry in the last few seconds. Your sheet reads 2 cups of veg. at lunch and 2 cups at dinner. Have a great day. Judy
Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #141  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I went to WI last night and I was down another 2 pounds and was very happy about that I am finishing Phase 2 today and starting Phase 3 tomorrow.

Also went shopping for a dress for my son's wedding June 18. I don't really enjoy shopping and didn't go with anything really in mind. But I found a dress in a size "small" (don't remember the last time I wore a "small") for the wedding. It is cute and I decided that I have to change my attitude about shopping -- I might enjoy it more now and especially if I get my mind in the right place.

I don't know if anybody else has the same problem I do, but even after losing so much weight and people saying "you are wasting away to nothing" (which I am not), sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I am wearing smaller clothes and do look different.

Sounds like there were a lot of successes this week. Weekends do seem to be the hardest and I think the key is trying to stay busy and being productive. Have a great IP week!
I have only lost 36 and I feel the same way, people keep telling me I am getting skinny, ( i think to my self skinnier maybe) as I am still over 200 I know I am not skinny.. I actually have problems drinking all my water on weekends but I am real close, but I look forward to my weekends as that is when I have the omlette for lunch and I can experiment on other vegetables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoty View Post
Well I did it. Day one tomorrow. I hope I don't get too sick that I cannot work. I got an extra box this week just in case I get hungry. Well I guess this is the start of my journey.
Welcome and congratulation on choosing a terrific way to lose weight. I have loved this program right from the beginning, even though my first day I had a miagrane and threw up the pills and the drink... I survived and am loving it. read the threads they have lots of good advise and I still am learning new things every day.

Quote:

Holly
others have answered but I just wanted to add that after a while the 2 cups at lunch and 2 cups at supper don't seem overwhelming and for me they fill me up but not that overstuffed feeling you got when you weren't on IP. It is a nice full. My favorites are turnip fries and roasted veg. very good and I can make a big batch and have them for a couple of meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Here is a combination I thought sounded good. I admit I haven't tried it yet because I don't have any chocolate soy puffs on hand. But a friend told me that one of her friends mixed an IP packet of chocolate soy puffs with an IP packet of peanut butter soy puffs, then divided the combined packets in half to make two servings. She said the combination of the chocolate and peanut butter were like a peanut butter cup and it has helped with her cravings for that candy (which is her favorite).

I will be trying this soon. It sounded good enough to post the combination.
I have done this since the beginning when I first got the peanut butter ones. It is like eating peanutbutter cups or the reeses cereal because of the crunch... that is my favorite snack but only try to have it once or twice a week. Have a great weekend, off to the produce store for more yummy vegetables.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #142  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Has anyone used the IP Chocolate Pancake packet to make a waffle?

Lynn
Old 04-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #143  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Happy Sunday Everyone!

Has anyone used the IP Chocolate Pancake packet to make a waffle?

Lynn
Hi, Great to see a post from you. Since pancakes didn't turn out good for me, I always made the muffin in the mico. and put WF chocolate syrup on top of it.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie View Post
i get mine from my chiro that is behind nutrition world. i am on day 2 and i think it is going to be ok. i have had an ip drink and 2 egg whites. i am thinking i am going to sames to stock up in veggies. where do you think the best place to get them is? aldi is also cheap.
My mom shops at Aldis a lot and sometimes will get me stuff from there. We also go to Bi-Lo, but I think I've got the hubs convinced we need to go organic. So I am hoping we can go to Greenlife or EarthFare. We've cut out buying processed food and the hubs does what I do for dinner and leftovers go with him for lunch. So our grocery bill has dropped dramatically. We also get our meats from Don's meats, a butcher on Hixson Pike. His meats are a better quality, leaner cut, and cheaper than Bi-Lo! Plus, he'll special cut stuff if you need it.

Oh Sam's has a great deal on chicken! Tyson does a pack that has 10 breasts packaged in pairs. You can freeze them, then when you only need to fix 2 breasts you can easily pull out one package to thaw in the fridge.

Sometimes I also get tired of the texture of chicken, so to change things up a bit I beat the patooie out of the breast with a kitchen mallet to make them thinner (and to release pent up anger) and then cut them into 1 inch squares before browning them in a pan.

Good luck on your progress!
Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 166/160/133

Height: 5'7'

Unhappy New to the program

Hi all, I started IP om Monday, was doing ok, but very hungry and sooo sick of vegetables already! So i cheated on Saturday (badly I may add I know I am not in ketosis anymore but I was craving sweets , I seem to be very hungry all the time. Any suggestions on how to get back at it. I feel bad and I really want this program to work for me.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #146  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Just felt like bragging. This week I lost 6lbs!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Yesterday here in toronto the weather was amazing. I took my daughter to a birthday party, and was tempted by the hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, chips, coke, (I used to drink A LOT) and cupcakes. I am proud to say I didn't have ANYTHING and was so proud.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #147  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Yesterday here in toronto the weather was amazing. I took my daughter to a birthday party, and was tempted by the hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, chips, coke, (I used to drink A LOT) and cupcakes. I am proud to say I didn't have ANYTHING and was so proud.
You should brag!! You rock!!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #148  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess20 View Post
Hi all, I started IP om Monday, was doing ok, but very hungry and sooo sick of vegetables already! So i cheated on Saturday (badly I may add I know I am not in ketosis anymore but I was craving sweets , I seem to be very hungry all the time. Any suggestions on how to get back at it. I feel bad and I really want this program to work for me.
How to get back at it: Reread the phase 1 protocol sheet and start following it NOW. Has your coach told you some things to do to help with the hunger? Don't stress out over the cheat, stress hinders weight loss. This program will work for you like it has for me and so many others. I can't make you like vegetables or not get tired of them. You will have to work on that thinking yourself. Carbs and sweets were my weakness before IP. Not anymore!!! I have learned so much over the past 10 months. Try eating different veg. this week, focus on what you want from this program and why. I wanted to lose weight badly and I was sooooo thankful to have found a way to do. Let us hear how you are doing. Judy
Old 04-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #149  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Let me just say... "I am so happy that I've stuck with the program!" Smile. I am now 59 and have not passed this point in my weight since I was 39 and then only for a couple of weeks. I have tried soooooo many plans and programs in the past and just stayed within 5-10 pounds from the same point. Along came one "hickup" and I was right back where I started.

I hope to be able to say (this time next week) that I am under 200! That is such an amazing hallmark and goal for me. We had bride and mom-of-bride fitting this last week - and then 11 hours at the mall outside NYC - and I survived... Thirty pounds heavier, I would not have the same happy ending. The wedding is 1 month from tomorrow. I'm getting so very excited. Smile. Thanks for letting me gush a little...

Old 04-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post

Bragging rights definitely earned! Way to go!!

BTW it looks like you'll win the April Challenge - past your goal already!
Closed Thread