Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Hello everyone! I had a couple of NSV's over the weekend that I would like to share.

I had a very stressful Saturday, and was ready to go have several beers. We went out, but I drank water! About halfway through the night, I was talking to friend that I don't see all the time, and didn't know I was dieting, and he asked if I had lost some weight. It reinforced that I had made the right decision.

Sunday I had a coupon for a department store, so I thought I would go and see what I could find. I tried on a ton of clothes, it was so fun. I can comfortably wear a large instead of XL shirt. I was able to wear size 11 and 12 pants! The first pair I got into, I thought it was maybe just the brand. That maybe they just ran big. So I got a couple different brands, and still 11 or 12, and they fit! WooHoo! I did end up buying a pair of pants, a shirt, and a jean jacket. I am really trying not to buy too many clothes, because I am not done, but it is hard!

Here's to another OP week!
Excellent...no more large ladies stores...I went into one a while back and she said we don't have anything that will fit you..I wanted to hug her...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
You will not be able to do PM's until you have atleast 20 posts and been a member for 30 days down to the hour. If you would like to put your email on here, I would gladly share with you.

I may also start another alternatives thread and get a fresh new start on this topic.

Starting a new thread on alternatives would be great!

Last edited by mamabearone; 04-05-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: remove email
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #78  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Ok so I've been on the forum looking for inspiration and encouraging other people because I've been having a tough day. Briefly, I am newly divorced and my heart is broken (though I know this is the right decision). I also have a non cancerous brain tumor that will be ok but because of the tumor I have to be careful of other types of cancers and tomorrow I have a biopsy of a growth they found (not in my brain) and I'm a bit nervous. It will be fine and the Dr. says it's probably nothing but I'm dealing with this health stuff on my own (aside from my awesome family) because my husband didn't want to try to make our marriage work anymore. Sigh. Sorry for too much information, I just needed to vent somewhere and my family has heard it all ENOUGH.

This is the type of day I would go to 7-11 and eat two taquitos, a bag of mrs. vickies salt and vinegar chips and a twix for dinner......but I stayed on plan and made my own version of lemon chicken with miracle noodles and bok choy and asapargus. It was delicious but there's still the emotional eater side of me lurking in there that wants to CHOW DOWN! Bahhhhh!!! What's up all you emotional eaters? Does it get easier when you go through crisis or sad times? Do you ever stop wanting to turn immediately to bad for you food for comfort??
Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Ok so I've been on the forum looking for inspiration and encouraging other people because I've been having a tough day. Briefly, I am newly divorced and my heart is broken (though I know this is the right decision). I also have a non cancerous brain tumor that will be ok but because of the tumor I have to be careful of other types of cancers and tomorrow I have a biopsy of a growth they found (not in my brain) and I'm a bit nervous. It will be fine and the Dr. says it's probably nothing but I'm dealing with this health stuff on my own (aside from my awesome family) because my husband didn't want to try to make our marriage work anymore. Sigh. Sorry for too much information, I just needed to vent somewhere and my family has heard it all ENOUGH.

This is the type of day I would go to 7-11 and eat two taquitos, a bag of mrs. vickies salt and vinegar chips and a twix for dinner......but I stayed on plan and made my own version of lemon chicken with miracle noodles and bok choy and asapargus. It was delicious but there's still the emotional eater side of me lurking in there that wants to CHOW DOWN! Bahhhhh!!! What's up all you emotional eaters? Does it get easier when you go through crisis or sad times? Do you ever stop wanting to turn immediately to bad for you food for comfort??
Well, I'm not sure I have any real answers for you but do want to give you a big You certainly have ALOT to be dealing with on top of staying OP. I've been lucky that since I started the program 6 weeks ago, my life has been fairly "sane", although I have had some health issues of my own. I guess all I can really tell you is to try to keep your chin up, think of the progress you've already made with IP and are making everyday and how amazing it will feel as those inches and pounds continue to come off. You are SO WORTH THIS and even at 6 weeks, I find that not turning to food for every emotion I go through has become easier and easier. I too am/was an emotional eater so that's why I was pretty skeptical in the beginning but having already had the success I have had has made me feel like if I can make it this far, I can absolutely finish this...and YOU can too Stay strong my friend and remember "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".
Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #80  

Hello. I was wondering how much vitamin C people are taking during this program? I don't have a coach (her clinic went under) so any information is appreciated.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Quote:

Suga, don't apologize for needing to share. It takes great courage to be vulnerable. I'm so sorry you're going through so much at one time, and starting IP on top of it. YOU ARE ONE STRONG, COURAGEOUS WOMAN! Even though I don't know you personally, I'm so proud of you.

Thanks for sharing - we're here for you. *hugs*
Old 04-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #82  

sugadiva, you are going through a whole mess of emotions right now - super big bear hugs being sent to you!!! Good for you for deciding to not go straight for emotional eating. I fell off for a bit (emotional eating) and regretted it... realized that I did NOT feel better by eating the junk. You are doing the right thing, my dear.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #83  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Happy Monday all!!! So very excited I will be hitting the 120s this week. The last of the weight I have to lose is all in my butt and thighs. I'm hoping it sucks the fat right from there. :-) I went to a get together this weekend and everyone was commenting about how skinny I was and how much weight I had lost. It was wonderful but different. Sometimes I wasn't even sure what to say. Have a great day everyone!!

Welcome new IP's you will love your results!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
By the way, some of you knew I was going to a potluck yesterday. You guys gave me some great ideas for what to bring, and I ended up using one of them which turned out to be a great success, everyone loved it and I had several people ask me for the recipe. Thanks so much for your help!

I had been worried about cheating, but I ate only from the dish I brought (everything else had cheese, pasta, crackers, or something in it I couldn't eat). There were even triple chocolate brownies there, which used to be a weakness for me. I admit, my tastebuds wanted a bit of everything, but strangely, I didn't struggle too hard to say "no" to myself. I'm so glad it's getting easier! AND the only real craving I had was for some more of the food I brought. It was sooooooooo good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
WI #5 this morning, I haven't had a weigh -in in 3 weeks! In those 3 weeks I lost8.5 lbs according to coach's scale. So tgats a total on 23 lbs and 8.75 inches. Should my inches be more? My coach measures neck, right arm, bust, waist, hips, and right thigh. Either way, I'm happy, I'm almost to onederland according to my scale! That will be huge for me.
Good luck to those that weigh in today, and here's to another 100% day for everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I had a great NSV this weekend. I went to see my sister - she lost a bunch of weight on IP last summer. She has been on vacation since about my week 1 so have not seen her in about 7 weeks. I hadn't updated her - wanting to surprise her. It was great to see her face when she saw me. My niece was there too and she just kept saying things like "You look amazing!" It was really great. I have only had one non-family person (my babysitter) who has mentioned anything. I have gone down from a 20/22 pants to a 16/14 and from a 2X/3X top to a 1X/XL. I feel really good and am really looking forward to summer!!
We have a big campout with friends scheduled for opening day of fishing season - April 30. We do it every year and I pretty much only see these people one or two times a year. Can't wait to see if I get some comments! I've been OP about 9 weeks and lost 35 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdigrrl View Post
So I was all excited this morning for my breakfast plan: I've finally tried the crispy cereal packet last week, and while it was nice to chew on something for breakfast, the "milk" was a bit unpleasant. So this morning, I planning to throw in some WF Choco sauce to mask the powdery-ness of the "milk" and to make it seem like Coco crisps of my youth. So I get to work, pull out my tub of "chocolate water" and dump in my packet of crispy nubbins...what the...I accidentally grabbed my garlic soy nuts instead of the cereal from my bag. DOH!
So, do I eat soggy chocolate, garlic soy nuts (though I didn't want to eat a restricted item today if I can avoid it)? Do I scoop them out and eat garlicky cereal (if I do find the cereal packet in my lunch bag)? Some how, the garlic flavor didn't really impact my water despite washing off of the nuts ($3 down the garbage ), BUT the chocolate cereal was a delicious success! I will do this again for future breakies (minus the hint of garlic).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
Just got back from WI #6 and my first week on Phase 2 and I lost another 4lbs. Six week total of 33.2 lbs. I'm only 2lbs away from my goal which is just so incredible. I feel soooo much better than I did 6 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Yeah! Short-range goal of 50 pound loss made today at WI#17!!! WhooHoo!! I am so happy and only need 22 pounds to ONEDERLAND. So motivated and happy that I have remained 100% on protocol and getting results. Feel great and going strong.

All you newbies hang tough, stick to it, and you will succeed too! Have a great week everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Hello hello IPers!! Sounds like there are some good weigh ins being reported!

Can I just confess my love for the peanut butter balls? They are de-licious!!!

The nose piercing celebration for ONEderland was great!! It hardly hurt at all and I love love love it!! I'll try to attach a pic.

Have a fabulous on point week, y'all.

http://flickr.com/gp/thehustadfam/tjMv42

Okay, so I can't figure out how to post the pic, but here's a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Back from WI #5 and down 3.5 lbs... for a total of 17.5 in 5 weeks! I'm so thrilled there are no words. I'm officially in the 180s, and next mini-goal is 184 (10% body weight lost). I am going to strive to reach that next week.

Got some new restricted products and some sample bars. Can't wait to try them all, of course only have one restricted per day.

YAY! I'm off to NYC tomorrow, so I won't be posting until Wednesday or Thursday. Keep up the good work everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Hello everyone! I had a couple of NSV's over the weekend that I would like to share.

I had a very stressful Saturday, and was ready to go have several beers. We went out, but I drank water! About halfway through the night, I was talking to friend that I don't see all the time, and didn't know I was dieting, and he asked if I had lost some weight. It reinforced that I had made the right decision.

Sunday I had a coupon for a department store, so I thought I would go and see what I could find. I tried on a ton of clothes, it was so fun. I can comfortably wear a large instead of XL shirt. I was able to wear size 11 and 12 pants! The first pair I got into, I thought it was maybe just the brand. That maybe they just ran big. So I got a couple different brands, and still 11 or 12, and they fit! WooHoo! I did end up buying a pair of pants, a shirt, and a jean jacket. I am really trying not to buy too many clothes, because I am not done, but it is hard!

Here's to another OP week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post

Thanks!! So the kale chips are a "go" huh? I just can't seem to wrap my head around them being so good but then again, 6 weeks ago, I barely knew what a turnip actually was and now love them done up as "fries" LOL. So yep, gonna have to try that too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I needed to hear that someone reached their goal..I am 6 lbs away and having a bit of a tuff time...but I will dig in and I will reach my goal...
I will I will....
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
So I was so excited to see the scale move on Sat, but of course, Sunday and Monday it stayed exactly the same. Grr.. shouldn't weigh everyday. Anyway, I have WI #9 tomorrow.. I am hoping for more than the flipping
-1.2 lb loss last week. I got a medi/pedi today and everytime I look at my toes or fingers I am going to remember how hard I have worked to get here and to keep going this week with 100% perfect IP .
A NSV, my sister (lovely size 2/4 tall, DD top (she paid for ) sent me some size 12's a few years ago, and I didn't fit into them then, but always kept them in my closet with the tags... Everytime I would clean my closet (usually to take away non fitting clothes, darn dryer, and add bigger clothes.. am I right guys and gals?) I would try them on, eventually I couldn't even get them past my hips.. especially when I was a tight 16.. well anyway, I tried them on, and they were too big today, I still took off the tags and wore them, as a victory to myself, but I dare say if I were to buy those today, I might have to try a size 10, (which I haven't been since 1995, when I was 20...) Hello?? What the??
So I will report tomorrow... Hope I can pee away a couple of more pounds before my WI. LOL
Quote:

ah diva, I feel for you, I feel that you are a strong woman and can get through anything, if you are anything like Rene you are great. I am an emotional eater but have not been tempted so far... fingers crossed that it keeps up. As I have woken up a couple of time in the middle of the night to help my old dog up the stairs, then I head for the kitchen for a look at the kitchen for something to eat. Haven't yet, but when I make something I like and make too much I just want to eat it all... I have to laugh to myself, when my dad was alive and any of our kids would come and visit after saying hi to him we would all go into his fridge to see what goodies he had there. He always had cheese slices and anything he wanted so it was always fun to see what was there.... even a couple of times some really good looking meatloaf that was actually dog food he had made for his dogs... No I never tasted it but it had basically the same veggies we are eating now... I still think my dad is looking down and proud that I am finally getting my weight under control. I can't wait to show off my new body for my relatives that all thought I am "always" the same... Have a good night.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #84  

I posted below that I was only donw 3lbs for my first WI since starting IP. I was a little bit discouraged.

Is there anything I could be doing or am doing wrong to make this a slow process, I thought the weight would have been way more, I felt like I did lose more but the scale does not lie right?

I drink more than enough water every day, have my three IP packs and my one meal (3-5oz of protein and loads of veggies)

Please help, I have a total of 56 well 53 lbs to lose.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #85  

Thank you,

I have for sure my 5-7oz of protein at dinner and for veggies, I usually have a salad, with 1 cup of cucumber, peppers and mushrooms, then a cup of steamed brocoili, if I do not have the steamed veggie then I have 2 cups of above mentioned veggies.

For lunch with my IP package, usually a soup or if it is a restricted like veggie chili then I have 2 cups of fresh veggies, I usually will have radish, peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, and zucchini.

I try but do forget to have my fat or added oil every day, I do take my sea salt every day. I have only been walking, as I did feel a little more tired when I first started the program. I am very determined to do this, I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

For tomorrow for instance, I am having

Breakfast: green tea, no milk or sugar and IP package omelet
Lunch: salad with two cups of veggies, cucumber, peppers, and mushrooms, and IP restricted Chili
Dinner: broiled chicken and salad with same veggies as above.
Snack: IP vanilla pudding.

Am I missing anything???
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I'm sucky at replies since I'm only on a phone but I made spaghetti meat sauce over cauliflower for dinner and it was awesome. It got me thinking I could make a sauce with zuchini, cauliflower and maybe a little spinach and it would be tasty. Or I could just use different spicies and make chili! Clearly it's a once a week treat but it was so good.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #87  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjslilmommie View Post
I was a little discouraged this afternoon at my WI, it was my first since starting IP and I only was down 3lbs and 2"...I thought for sure it would have been more, is this pretty standard or am I doing something wrong to slow down the weight loss.
Quote:
Thank you,

I have for sure my 5-7oz of protein at dinner and for veggies, I usually have a salad, with 1 cup of cucumber, peppers and mushrooms, then a cup of steamed brocoili, if I do not have the steamed veggie then I have 2 cups of above mentioned veggies.

For lunch with my IP package, usually a soup or if it is a restricted like veggie chili then I have 2 cups of fresh veggies, I usually will have radish, peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, and zucchini.

I try but do forget to have my fat or added oil every day, I do take my sea salt every day. I have only been walking, as I did feel a little more tired when I first started the program. I am very determined to do this, I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Lunch: salad with two cups of veggies, cucumber, peppers, and mushrooms, and IP restricted Chili

Am I missing anything???
Are you taking your supplements? Are you hungry?

You'll find there are lots of us out there (present company included) who seem to lose slower than others, but trust the system. It really does work. You might want to lay off the exercise for a week or so so your body gets a break. Perhaps you are not getting enough to support your body through the transition.

Try to focus on having your oil (make oil and white vinegar dressing (recipe thread) to try to get it in). Also make sure you are having your salt.

Stick with it... when was the last time you lost 3 lbs in a week?

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 04-04-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #88  

Quote:
Thank you,

Am I missing anything???
Actually, you need to cut out the exercise for the first few weeks (or longer) Carla and Eli know more about this. The exercise may be keeping you out of ketosis, preventing the fast weight loss.

And, what are you putting on your salad?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #89  

(luckychick - we nearly posted the exact same thing!)
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #90  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

sorry all I had lots to say but somehow it was lost..
Alaska- I will pray the woosh fairy hits your butt and thighs.
Treena -GREAT job I will have to try that recipe..
Tat - mine measures the same, where as my friends, does shoulders, neck, midsection calves and ankles... so of course they are going to show more inches lost then us... but we will get there too.
jd - that is awesome congrats
nerd - oh you poor girl, can't imagine eating chocolate garlic either.
susan & hawn - congrats on your goals
ash - love the nose piercing glad to hear it doesn't hurt. I love the PB balls too, I have opened one PB ball and one Choc and mixed them so I have 2 bags of mixed so much like reeses makes me want more. but have decided to try other things, tonight dark chocolate and davinci peanut butter syrup pudding tonight... but not as good as the balls
kitty 4 - have fun in NYC, if Couts71 left anything behind..
photogal - kale chips didn't like them the first time, then tried the recipe with vinegar in it what a difference, nice to have crunch with my soup.
judogirl- you are such a great motiveator I know you will have a great wi this week and will be soon past your goal
momof5 - that is great you must be so proud that you can wear them and then get smaller sizes... that is such a big thing for me not somuch the weight loss but fitting into things in my closet that I haven't been able to wear in a long while... two thumbs up!
Closed Thread