Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Addy: CONGRATS!!! I bet that was music to your ears!!!

Congrats to everyone else for your losses!! (Haha, where else besides a weightloss website can you congratulation people for losing )

Tate: I love how you spend the time to respond to everyone individually. I get lost when I try to do that. You're a very motivating person.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #17  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow....exciting 70 pounds down as of this morning.

I start my 8th month of IP on Monday....I have learned so much about myself and eating right.....I no longer think "All or nothing"

I focus on the health I continue to gain.

Six more pounds to my original goal!!!! Wow

Size 18 and 44DDD bra and XXL or 1X shirts....down to size 8 pants, 38 C bra, and small and medium shirts....Wow!

I am going for another 10-12 pounds after I hit my original goal, but just excited to hit that goal I set 30 weeks ago.

Have a great day....and if you make a mistake...dust yourself off and go forward....don't let it snowball or roll into another one (this is the number one change I have made....I haven't snowballed once on this plan...this is my best change).
Congrats, that's awesome!!!!
SJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Ok, so I weighed in today---down 5 pounds from last week. I started on March 14th. In 2 and a half weeks, I have lost 14.5 pounds. I guess that is pretty good. I am so big, I can't tell a difference in my body or clothes, but as my progress continues, I certainly anticipate that should start happening in another few weeks.

I talked to my coach about this board. She'd heard of it and "warned" me not to take advice that wasn't officially part of the plan.

Anyway, I told her about adding an egg at breakfast to stave off hunger and she said she "guessed" that was ok since I was still losing, but if it affected my weight loss I would have to stop. I asked her point blank....."If I am eating about 800-1000 calories a day below my basic metabolic needs, how the heck is ONE EGG a day going to have ANY kind of influence on my weight loss????? She then agreed it was unlikely and said I could keep it in if I wanted. She also can't figure out why I am hungry more times than not (well gee, lady, do you think it might have something to do with the fact that my CATS probably consume more cals. than I do? LOL).

Anyway---I am happy with the loss and hoping for more of the same. She suggested I drink decaffienated hot tea all day to try to keep from being hungry. Ummmm not quite sure what decaf tea and hunger have to do with each other, but ok. Pretty much I have just accepted that being hungry is a part of the process, and I will live with it for as long as I need to in order to get the weight off.

I intend to have another OP day because I am paying too much $$ to cheat and slow things down. Just not worth it!

Have a great day all!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Addy:

Tate: I love how you spend the time to respond to everyone individually. I get lost when I try to do that. You're a very motivating person.
Well thankyouverymuch. I am working from home this week, so I can kind of make my own schedule---once I am back in the office next, week, I may not have the time. I love cheering and being cheered....all part of how we get through things!!!

P.S> If I ever leave someone out of a reply---I'm not ignoring you on purpose---sometimes the blonde streaks kick in and miss stuff!!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Ok, so I weighed in today---down 5 pounds from last week. I started on March 14th. In 2 and a half weeks, I have lost 14.5 pounds. I guess that is pretty good. I am so big, I can't tell a difference in my body or clothes, but as my progress continues, I certainly anticipate that should start happening in another few weeks.

I talked to my coach about this board. She'd heard of it and "warned" me not to take advice that wasn't officially part of the plan.

Anyway, I told her about adding an egg at breakfast to stave off hunger and she said she "guessed" that was ok since I was still losing, but if it affected my weight loss I would have to stop. I asked her point blank....."If I am eating about 800-1000 calories a day below my basic metabolic needs, how the heck is ONE EGG a day going to have ANY kind of influence on my weight loss????? She then agreed it was unlikely and said I could keep it in if I wanted. She also can't figure out why I am hungry more times than not (well gee, lady, do you think it might have something to do with the fact that my CATS probably consume more cals. than I do? LOL).

Anyway---I am happy with the loss and hoping for more of the same. She suggested I drink decaffienated hot tea all day to try to keep from being hungry. Ummmm not quite sure what decaf tea and hunger have to do with each other, but ok. Pretty much I have just accepted that being hungry is a part of the process, and I will live with it for as long as I need to in order to get the weight off.

I intend to have another OP day because I am paying too much $$ to cheat and slow things down. Just not worth it!

Have a great day all!!
What I do with recipes on here that might not be "officially" what my coach allows, I just tweek it a little so it's "ok." Besides, you're not even supposed to feel hungry. The IP protocol even allows for an extra packet or 2 (nonrestricted) a day if you're still feeling hungry.

For those of us who have a lot more weight to lose, you need more base calories per day without doing anything, than a smaller person would. Also, you may have had to make a bigger adjustment between the calories you were consuming before IP and the calories you're consuming now, than a smaller person would have to.

I hope your coach wasn't too discouraging; you will eventually stop feeling hungry and won't need that extra egg. I'm definitely much less hungry than I was the 1st week; sometimes I have to force myself to eat my IP snack in the evening! Lol.

Most importantly, though, great job on those 14.5 pounds!!! Just because you might not see it, the rest of your body does, and is happy to be healthier!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #21  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:

Have a great day all!!
Are you doing 3 packs a day or 4 packs a day? I started IP in the same weight vicinity and my coach had me on 4 packs a day. I am still doing 4 packs a day, eating every 3 hrs (8a, 11a, 2p, 5p, 8p) and am still losing at an average of 3 lbs per week. As an experiment, one week I only did 3 packs a day and only had a .8 lb loss. I think my body thought I was starving it and rebelled. So it is 4 packs a day for me unless I hit a major stall and then I will shake it up a bit.

Good luck with the journey and keep reading this forum as it has helped me to stay focused and on track.
smh321pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #22  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I too must admit, I am a "scale whore"! I weight at least 3 times a day. Morning when I get up, when I get home from work and before I go to bed. Sometimes I do it for fun in between. It's crazy I know, but I like to see the numbers. My scale keeps the previous 5 readings and a grand total since I started. I only register my morning WI's for it to log. I like to see the numbers go up or down, just to see how my weight changes throughout the day. Maybe we should start "SWA" group. (Scale Whore's Annonymous)!
Juice: Oh Can I be the first member of Scale Whore's Annonymous?? I had to buyt a scale when I quit going to my coach and I have so turned into a whore!! I too think I have done pretty well using the alternative products, my losses haven't seemed to slow at all.

Quote:
Well thankyouverymuch. I am working from home this week, so I can kind of make my own schedule---once I am back in the office next, week, I may not have the time. I love cheering and being cheered....all part of how we get through things!!!

P.S> If I ever leave someone out of a reply---I'm not ignoring you on purpose---sometimes the blonde streaks kick in and miss stuff!!!
Love your Kitty avatar!! Kitties RULE!!!!!

Ok I'm not sure how many of you saw my post about phaseing off for the summer a few days ago, but I have made a decision.....I am going to stay OP! You would not believe all the NSV's I have had since writing that post. I have gotten so many "are you losing wt?" "you are looking really good" "what diet are you doing??!!" it is starting to make my head spin!! It is like Karma has stepped in and has made my decision for me.

One last thing, I have been noticing that some of you do "planned cheats" How does that work?? Maybe that would be something I could do for the upcoming Wedding I have in June. It's going to be quite the event!! (Not my wedding but it is my husband's baby brother who is getting married)
DinobowerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Ok just came back from my WI - 2.7 in two weeks, i'm pretty good with that since I don't have much more too lose. I talked with my coach and we agreed to go to phase II in two weeks no matter how much I lose. I ready for that (kind of scare thought to start moving on!) But NO CHEATS for two weeks! I'm serious about that. (Last few weeks were more difficult, a little of this in and there..!)

Have a great OP day!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 265/251/150

Height: 5'4"

Day four for me and I feel great, I am so happy to have found this diet plan.
DomsMom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #25  
Sharon

Quote:

Have a great day all!!
Great weight loss for the first 2 weeks!!!

Im in my 5th week, and also had the same problem of always feeling hunger. I munched on lettuce whenever I felt those hunger cramps and drank water (I think thats where the tea comes into play - fluids help to decrease humger). Dont know how you feel about lettuce, but it helped me.

Regarding the egg in the morning. Im sure you will continue to lose weight even is you consume that egg. However, in my opinion, the reason it may slightly affect your weight loss is that it is a solid food. This diet is all liquid foods (except for the IP omelette, which started in liquid form, so easily digested, and the cereal, which is a very small amount), and dinner, which is are one solid form meal. I believe that there is a tremendous amount of weight loss in this diet for several reasons: mainly protein, low calorie, and liquid foods. The body doesnt have to work hard to digest the food, and therefore, no stress on your digestive system. Therefore, the egg may slightly hinder weight loss.

I would eat the egg in the morning if I felt I needed to, especially in the beginning, until you get more used to the diet. We need to make this diet comfortable, so if need to make a tiny modification to keep on track, then I believe one should do so. Just wanted to give my opinion on the egg topic.
sharonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomsMom2001 View Post
Welcome, and congrats on getting through the first 3 days! You'll find lots of help and support here. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your progress on IP. I know I am, and I really never thought I'd find one that was so successful at getting me to lose weight (and I'm sure I'm only one of many who feels that way!).
Old 03-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #27  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

So I thought I could last til weigh in on Friday without jumping on the scale but this morning I couldn't help myself. I wanted to see if the new cardio workout was paying off and it so is. My scale said 131, that is just 5 pounds away from phase 2. I was just thinking I could possibly be off plan in about a month.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I too must admit, I am a "scale whore"! I weight at least 3 times a day. Morning when I get up, when I get home from work and before I go to bed. Sometimes I do it for fun in between. It's crazy I know, but I like to see the numbers. My scale keeps the previous 5 readings and a grand total since I started. I only register my morning WI's for it to log. I like to see the numbers go up or down, just to see how my weight changes throughout the day. Maybe we should start "SWA" group. (Scale Whore's Annonymous)!

Good morning all my fellow, virtual IP friends. I had WI 12 today and I was a happy camper. DOWN 5#'s. I feel I have a firm grasp on this protocol with using my alternate products. Amazing!

NSV's yesterday. There was a vendor at work that I had not seen since I started IP in January. I walked by him and he said nothing. As I came back, he told me that he did not recognize me and that he was amazed by how much weight I have lost. Good feeling!

The other NSV was yesterday at my weekly poker game that has a few new faces there. Everyone drinks beer while playing and I miss that but have water and one of my protein drinks. It is usually never talked about, but a side bet was made for a grande breakfast burrito between 2 other players. I made a comment that I would love one of those. They said they would get me one too and I told them it was not allowed on my diet. I immediately got laughs and poked fun of from the 2 new guys. Saying "you are on a diet, what are you a woman?" Didn't bother me at all. One of the regulars said "if you would have saw him 3 months ago, you would be suprised at how much weight he has lost. He looks great and besides you should probably not make fun of someone who has lost 70lbs and is still bigger than you!" I said thanks and we continued on. Great night, they all did ask me how I was affording new clothes. I said, "you all are paying for them with the money I win at poker each week." Won $75 last night!
SWA I love it! We've gotta be the biggest group of "whores" around!
LOVE your post too about the poker game, good for you, you should be VERY proud of what you're doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good morning all!

Juiceman, congrats on the loss and the NSV's, I love your response to the poker guys, they are paying for your new wardrobe. lol.

I had a good WI on Tuesday, down 3.8lbs

NSV - On the weekend I brought my leather jackets to Danier leather to see if they could be sized down. I ended up puchasing a new fall/spring jacket (only $25 more than the price of alterations) to replace my 3x with.. a Med! Then to top off the day, I went into one of my old clothing stores, penningtons. When I walked in, the sales person asked if I was shopping for me or a gift. When I said for me, she looked at me and said "oh we start at 14, I am not sure we have anything small enough for you" I could have kissed her!

Wishing everyone a great IP day. Good luck with WI's!
How awesome is that??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow....exciting 70 pounds down as of this morning.

I start my 8th month of IP on Monday....I have learned so much about myself and eating right.....I no longer think "All or nothing"

I focus on the health I continue to gain.

Six more pounds to my original goal!!!! Wow

Size 18 and 44DDD bra and XXL or 1X shirts....down to size 8 pants, 38 C bra, and small and medium shirts....Wow!

I am going for another 10-12 pounds after I hit my original goal, but just excited to hit that goal I set 30 weeks ago.

Have a great day....and if you make a mistake...dust yourself off and go forward....don't let it snowball or roll into another one (this is the number one change I have made....I haven't snowballed once on this plan...this is my best change).
Wow, you are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! It's stories like this that keep me so motivated so thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomsMom2001 View Post
Welcome to the group! You are on the one program that is working for so many of us when others haven't so stay strong and visit here often for inspiration!

Happy Thursday everyone I read the posts from yesterday but just couldn't find the time to actually post. This board is like the drug that has replaced my eating addiction...I feel the NEED to come here multiple times a day (when time allows) to "feed" off of everyone's success stories...there's so many of you that inspire me, I can't WAIT until it's my turn to shout from the rooftops that I'm close to goal. I have a long way to go yet but am taking it day by day and find it incredibly unreal that in 41 days of being on this program, I have not had even a BITE off program. The worst I've done is had 2 "restricteds" in one day, twice now, which I guess is technically cheating but I've also been told that if I am gonna cheat, having something IP is a heck of a lot better than eating what I would have before...

ANYWAY, I went over to the states yesterday to pick up some photography stuff and found myself clothes shopping AGAIN. Oh boy, I think this may become a problem as I get smaller LOL. I have gone clothes shopping more in the past 6 weeks than I have in an entire YEAR. I only shopped for clothes before when I HAD to....now, just 25 lbs. down and I'm doing it for....wait for it.....FUN! Who woulda thunk it? Certainly not me. It's a bit intimidating though because I'm so all over the board in sizes right now...got some great deals at Kohl's with sizes ranging everywhere from a JUNIOR LARGE (can't even believe I just typed that) to an 18. The junior large I bought is a beautiful dress that I would have drooled over before but would have been sad because 6 weeks ago there was NO WAY in heck I would have even coe close to fitting in it. Tried it on yesterday, hoping and praying and IT FIT! A few more pounds down and I know it would look even better, I'm just thrilled! I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in August and bought this dress for the bridal shower in May....now I just have to hope that in 2 months, it's not TOO BIG!!

So to all you scale whores (myself included), here's to a great OP day Weigh in #6 and my bi-weekly measurements are tomorrow so I'm hoping for another great Friday morning...funny how I look so forward to Friday's at 9 am nowadays!
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

as of today i've been on IP for 2 months and have lost 26.6 pounds. woohoo!

after hearing all of you talk about swimsuits, i think my goal is to be able to wear a monokini. it's like a one piece suit, but from the back you look like you are wearing a bikini.
cajunbumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #30  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:

Have a great day all!!

Like you, I am taller, and have further to go than some folks. I found that I felt real changes in my body around 20 pounds, so hang in there. One thing I did notice immediately was that I could stand up straighter and move easier, maybe because the swelling in my joints went down.

My coach recommended that I eat a boiled egg when hunger struck, since she would rather have me go for protein than something bad for me. From what I can tell on the boards, there is a lot of difference from one center/ coach to another. Mine say that only Stevia is allowed as a sweetener on the protocol, and I read lots of recipes that call for Splenda or Sucralose...

Anyway, keep up the good work.
smpnew is offline   Reply With Quote