Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 130.5/123.25/115

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone! Week 2 weighin went very well, down another 3# for a total of 7 1/2# in two weeks - I could not be happier. I never thought I would lose becuase I don't have much to lose, thought it would be a pound or so a week. Thinking maybe another 2 weeks and I will start on maintenance but I'm finding this diet very simple.

Congrats to everyone, you should all be so proud!
Melissa413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Default Hello from Forum Noob

In my 5th week of IP (for 2nd time - re-gained 90% of initial loss). Having some slow loss weeks and having a hard time not taking a bite of things i'm not supposed to here and there. Any helpful tips on how to avoid those "incidents" would be appreciated.
rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #33  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good morning all!

Juiceman, congrats on the loss and the NSV's, I love your response to the poker guys, they are paying for your new wardrobe. lol.

I had a good WI on Tuesday, down 3.8lbs

NSV - On the weekend I brought my leather jackets to Danier leather to see if they could be sized down. I ended up puchasing a new fall/spring jacket (only $25 more than the price of alterations) to replace my 3x with.. a Med! Then to top off the day, I went into one of my old clothing stores, penningtons. When I walked in, the sales person asked if I was shopping for me or a gift. When I said for me, she looked at me and said "oh we start at 14, I am not sure we have anything small enough for you" I could have kissed her!

Wishing everyone a great IP day. Good luck with WI's!
that is so cool I can't wait for something like that to happen to me. but the big thing is I hate shopping maybe that will change once my body does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I've been shopping in my closet lately. There seem to be all these clothes that I threw on the floor in disgust at some point. Now they fit! Planning to keep the wardrobe "lean" for a while. I need to go through this weekend and get rid of all the things that are too big. I plan to donate those so that it's very expensive to be that heavy again. I also need to line up things that I still own that are another size down (put those in a special box with a big smiley face on it), and only hang up/put away clothes that fit me now. Can't wait for the weekend when I have time to do this... Is anyone else planning to go to a minimal closet? I think even when I am at goal weight, I like the idea of having just enough clothes to get by and have good mix/match options.

That's a fantastic story! Congratulations.
I have way too many clothes, too big, too small, too holey... I am doing a major cleanout and paring my closet down as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I can't believe it. After being ADDICTED to this site, I missed the entire day yesterday. A work crisis threw me off completely!

I didn't end up eating anything off protocol, but didn't eat much at all for the day. Of course I'll probably pay for it today since I have WI #7 this afternoon. Between the stress and lack of food I'll probably pay. I'll let you know this evening...
It is my wi #7 as well, I hope we both do great. I look forward to it now... someone who hadn't had a scale for over 5 years to want to wi every week... hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow....exciting 70 pounds down as of this morning.

I start my 8th month of IP on Monday....I have learned so much about myself and eating right.....I no longer think "All or nothing"

I focus on the health I continue to gain.

Six more pounds to my original goal!!!! Wow

Size 18 and 44DDD bra and XXL or 1X shirts....down to size 8 pants, 38 C bra, and small and medium shirts....Wow!

I am going for another 10-12 pounds after I hit my original goal, but just excited to hit that goal I set 30 weeks ago.

Have a great day....and if you make a mistake...dust yourself off and go forward....don't let it snowball or roll into another one (this is the number one change I have made....I haven't snowballed once on this plan...this is my best change).
Darbs that is so great. I am excited for you. 10 pant size difference that is totally amazing.

[QUOTE=DinobowerRN;3784560

Ok I'm not sure how many of you saw my post about phaseing off for the summer a few days ago, but I have made a decision.....I am going to stay OP! You would not believe all the NSV's I have had since writing that post. I have gotten so many "are you losing wt?" "you are looking really good" "what diet are you doing??!!" it is starting to make my head spin!! It is like Karma has stepped in and has made my decision for me.

[/QUOTE] I am glad you have decided that, I am so scared that if I even cheat I will never return and I want to have this weight gone so I don't have to be the "BIG" little sister anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
So I thought I could last til weigh in on Friday without jumping on the scale but this morning I couldn't help myself. I wanted to see if the new cardio workout was paying off and it so is. My scale said 131, that is just 5 pounds away from phase 2. I was just thinking I could possibly be off plan in about a month.
Alaska, are you eating more with the cardio? One of my friend's today emailed me saying she is quiting as she likes going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week as well as running. She has been getting cramps and she can't use free weights anymore it is too draining and when she asked her coach the bag just accused her of not taking her potassium pills, which in fact she was doubling up on them. I know she would have been doing so much better but for the coach that just wants the money.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #34  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonm View Post
Great weight loss for the first 2 weeks!!!

Im in my 5th week, and also had the same problem of always feeling hunger. I munched on lettuce whenever I felt those hunger cramps and drank water (I think thats where the tea comes into play - fluids help to decrease humger). Dont know how you feel about lettuce, but it helped me.

Regarding the egg in the morning. Im sure you will continue to lose weight even is you consume that egg. However, in my opinion, the reason it may slightly affect your weight loss is that it is a solid food. This diet is all liquid foods (except for the IP omelette, which started in liquid form, so easily digested, and the cereal, which is a very small amount), and dinner, which is are one solid form meal. I believe that there is a tremendous amount of weight loss in this diet for several reasons: mainly protein, low calorie, and liquid foods. The body doesnt have to work hard to digest the food, and therefore, no stress on your digestive system. Therefore, the egg may slightly hinder weight loss.

I would eat the egg in the morning if I felt I needed to, especially in the beginning, until you get more used to the diet. We need to make this diet comfortable, so if need to make a tiny modification to keep on track, then I believe one should do so. Just wanted to give my opinion on the egg topic.
Hello!!! This post is said with hugs!!!! Ideal Protein is far from a liquid diet. With all of the veggies and chicken that I've eaten since last October, I'm waiting to sprout feathers, lay eggs and have the Agricultural Dept come out to check my crops!!! If you are not eating any solid foods, other than the omelette, then you need to go back and talk to your coach.

The water is something that our bodies need anyway, and most of us don't drink enough of it. the decaf tea is to help with the hunger pains though.
SJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondre View Post
In my 5th week of IP (for 2nd time - re-gained 90% of initial loss). Having some slow loss weeks and having a hard time not taking a bite of things i'm not supposed to here and there. Any helpful tips on how to avoid those "incidents" would be appreciated.
Welcome (back) My best advice for avoiding incidents is this....this program is NOT cheap...do you really want to continue to waste money your money, just for a bite or 2 here and there? I know that when I've been tempted, all I have to think about it how far I've come in such a short period of time and how much money I've spent on this and it's not long before I'm not even thinking of cheating. Its worked for me over the last 6 weeks, maybe it will work for you too? Wishing you much luck and success! Visit often
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #36  
Sandy

Quote:
Hello and welcome back!!! The only helpful tip I can give you...think about your health and the money that you are spending to get your health back.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Thanks for the advice - funny how expensive the diet is and how I forget about it. I have another question for everyone too - I've seen lots of posts in different IP forums where people talk about exercising - which I've been told is forbidden but I don't know why exactly. I've got all this energy now but can't use it - does anyone know why exercise is not allowed?

rondre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #38  
Sandy

Quote:
Thanks for the advice - funny how expensive the diet is and how I forget about it. I have another question for everyone too - I've seen lots of posts in different IP forums where people talk about exercising - which I've been told is forbidden but I don't know why exactly. I've got all this energy now but can't use it - does anyone know why exercise is not allowed?

The restricted calories, carbs, etc., are not enough for your body at this point, for exercising.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #39  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Ok, so I weighed in today---down 5 pounds from last week. I started on March 14th. In 2 and a half weeks, I have lost 14.5 pounds. I guess that is pretty good. I am so big, I can't tell a difference in my body or clothes, but as my progress continues, I certainly anticipate that should start happening in another few weeks.

I talked to my coach about this board. She'd heard of it and "warned" me not to take advice that wasn't officially part of the plan.

Anyway, I told her about adding an egg at breakfast to stave off hunger and she said she "guessed" that was ok since I was still losing, but if it affected my weight loss I would have to stop. I asked her point blank....."If I am eating about 800-1000 calories a day below my basic metabolic needs, how the heck is ONE EGG a day going to have ANY kind of influence on my weight loss????? She then agreed it was unlikely and said I could keep it in if I wanted. She also can't figure out why I am hungry more times than not (well gee, lady, do you think it might have something to do with the fact that my CATS probably consume more cals. than I do? LOL).

Anyway---I am happy with the loss and hoping for more of the same. She suggested I drink decaffienated hot tea all day to try to keep from being hungry. Ummmm not quite sure what decaf tea and hunger have to do with each other, but ok. Pretty much I have just accepted that being hungry is a part of the process, and I will live with it for as long as I need to in order to get the weight off.

I intend to have another OP day because I am paying too much $$ to cheat and slow things down. Just not worth it!

Have a great day all!!
My coaches said the same thing about the website, but I have learned so much more from the wonderful people on this site than I had from the clinic...it was all about shipping us in and shipping us out at the weigh-ins.

When you start at 250 pounds or more alot of coaches recommend 4 or even 5 packets a day. But that can get expensive. I think the egg is the perfect solution. Coffee helps me too....I put a little vanilla RTD in it...keeps me full and stops cravings.

Good luck on your journey you will love this diet and the results.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #40  

Quote:
Wow....exciting 70 pounds down as of this morning.

I start my 8th month of IP on Monday....I have learned so much about myself and eating right.....I no longer think "All or nothing"

I focus on the health I continue to gain.

Six more pounds to my original goal!!!! Wow

Size 18 and 44DDD bra and XXL or 1X shirts....down to size 8 pants, 38 C bra, and small and medium shirts....Wow!

I am going for another 10-12 pounds after I hit my original goal, but just excited to hit that goal I set 30 weeks ago.

Have a great day....and if you make a mistake...dust yourself off and go forward....don't let it snowball or roll into another one (this is the number one change I have made....I haven't snowballed once on this plan...this is my best change).
Good for you! You should be extremely proud of yourself! Keep up the good work. I have 70 and hope I can make it!
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post

I hope your coach wasn't too discouraging;

Most importantly, though, great job on those 14.5 pounds!!! Just because you might not see it, the rest of your body does, and is happy to be healthier!
She wasn't discouraging as much as "advising"---it was ok. And thanks---high BP has been an issue for me (I am on meds)--had it checked yesterday and I do not recall the numbers but they were lower than usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh321pa View Post
Are you doing 3 packs a day or 4 packs a day? I started IP in the same weight vicinity and my coach had me on 4 packs a day. I am still doing 4 packs a day, eating every 3 hrs (8a, 11a, 2p, 5p, 8p) and am still losing at an average of 3 lbs per week. As an experiment, one week I only did 3 packs a day and only had a .8 lb loss. I think my body thought I was starving it and rebelled. So it is 4 packs a day for me unless I hit a major stall and then I will shake it up a bit.

Good luck with the journey and keep reading this forum as it has helped me to stay focused and on track.
I am doing 3 packs a day. Not sure why you would see such an improvement with the addition of only 100 or so extra cals. a day, but hey- everybody's different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post

Love your Kitty avatar!! Kitties RULE!!!!!

Ok I'm not sure how many of you saw my post about phaseing off for the summer a few days ago, but I have made a decision.....I am going to stay OP! You would not believe all the NSV's I have had since writing that post. I have gotten so many "are you losing wt?" "you are looking really good" "what diet are you doing??!!" it is starting to make my head spin!! It is like Karma has stepped in and has made my decision for me.
Kitties do indeed, RULE. I like the NSV "karma"---rather timely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomsMom2001 View Post
Day four for me and I feel great, I am so happy to have found this diet plan.
Wonderful!!! Glad you are doing well and feeling good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonm View Post
Great weight loss for the first 2 weeks!!!

Im in my 5th week, and also had the same problem of always feeling hunger. I munched on lettuce whenever I felt those hunger cramps and drank water (I think thats where the tea comes into play - fluids help to decrease hunger). Dont know how you feel about lettuce, but it helped me.

I believe that there is a tremendous amount of weight loss in this diet for several reasons: mainly protein, low calorie, and liquid foods. The body doesnt have to work hard to digest the food, and therefore, no stress on your digestive system. Therefore, the egg may slightly hinder weight loss.

I would eat the egg in the morning if I felt I needed to, especially in the beginning, until you get more used to the diet. We need to make this diet comfortable, so if need to make a tiny modification to keep on track, then I believe one should do so. Just wanted to give my opinion on the egg topic.
Lettuce: --really--I'd rather just be hungry. And for the record, I do not find much about this diet "comfortable". I've eaten more veggies in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last three YEARS. I drink water all the time, have to pee all the time, don't want to eat out, can't drink alcohol, no butter, no cheese, no fried anything---this is FAR from comfortable. HOWEVER--it is necessary, and so I choose to abide by it because I know I must. I do not need to be "comfortable" to succeed and am hopeful that over time I will either grow accustomed to discomfort or will find it easier as I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
as of today i've been on IP for 2 months and have lost 26.6 pounds. woohoo!

after hearing all of you talk about swimsuits, i think my goal is to be able to wear a monokini. it's like a one piece suit, but from the back you look like you are wearing a bikini.
My bikini days are WAYYYYYY behind me, so I feel you on that one! And a very big CONGRATS on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpnew View Post
Like you, I am taller, and have further to go than some folks. I found that I felt real changes in my body around 20 pounds, so hang in there. One thing I did notice immediately was that I could stand up straighter and move easier, maybe because the swelling in my joints went down.

I haven't noticed anything major yet, but I did notice that the jeans I wore yesterday that use to border on tight at my waist were somewhere between snug and comfortable---it'll take awhile. I appreciate the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa413 View Post
Hi everyone! Week 2 weighin went very well, down another 3# for a total of 7 1/2# in two weeks - I could not be happier. I never thought I would lose because I don't have much to lose, thought it would be a pound or so a week. Thinking maybe another 2 weeks and I will start on maintenance but I'm finding this diet very simple.

Congrats to everyone, you should all be so proud!
Glad for your success!! Well done!!!

Quote:
Just think like me... I have to pay $$$$$$$ every week. If you think I am going to *$&%*$& cheat, you are CRAZY. I am losing this weight as FAST as POSSIBLE and spend the money that I fork over each week for those little foil pouches on NEW CLOTHES!!!!

Quote:
My coaches said the same thing about the website, but I have learned so much more from the wonderful people on this site than I had from the clinic...it was all about shipping us in and shipping us out at the weigh-ins.

When you start at 250 pounds or more alot of coaches recommend 4 or even 5 packets a day. But that can get expensive. I think the egg is the perfect solution. Coffee helps me too....I put a little vanilla RTD in it...keeps me full and stops cravings.

Good luck on your journey you will love this diet and the results.
Thx---yeah I feel kind of "shipped in and shipped out" too, but I am not one to need a lot of hand holding---after all, I am a professional dieter .

As far as the coffee---I quit caffeine about 3 weeks ago and just don't have the taste for coffee anymore---I used to drink it by the gallon---now I feel kind of "meh" about it, so I drink decaf tea.

Ok---I gotta get back to work. I am gonna be working extra late today to make up for all the time I spend here, but I love the support!!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
as of today i've been on IP for 2 months and have lost 26.6 pounds. woohoo!

after hearing all of you talk about swimsuits, i think my goal is to be able to wear a monokini. it's like a one piece suit, but from the back you look like you are wearing a bikini.
Congrat! I don't even want to think of a swimsuit yet, but good for all of you! I just want to fit into shorts and feel good about them I've been on IP for 2 months too, and have lost around the same as you. Isn't this diet amazing? To think two months ago we were that much heavier?
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #43  

Can we travel out of the country with the packets? I also use WF salad dressings and I don't think they will allow anything liquid! Any suggestions?
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

So, two food things real quick. I absolutely love the WF syrups that I can add to my shakes. I added chocolate this morning to my chocolate shake, and it was so rich and creamy, I could almost believe it was a shake from Dairy Queen. (ok, not really, but I pretended) The second, is the stir frys I have been making every night! I read someone added WF balsamic to their veggies and meat, and I tried it and loved it. I had lean steak stirfry one night and then the same thing with pork tenderloins last night. YUM (btw I used peppers, onions, celery and zuchhini)

And, the scale moved down a pound!! I was 153.6, 29 lbs lost and one to go for my big 30 lb goal, (which is tomorrow, a one and a half hour massage, so oh well if I don't reach it.. im still going...

It has been a fustrating week, with the cheat last Sat., who would of thought that one (or 2) fried tortilla shells could make such a difference of wasting this diet for a week. I seriously weighed around the same last week as I did this week. Hopefully since I have and continue to be be 100% on IP, the scales will continue to move.

I really can't believe I am almost to the 140's.. it has been at least 6 to 8 years since I have been this weight, and I am just so happy.

Oh , I have a NSV to share... My beautiful size 12's from Kohls that were not the stretchy kind were washed in hot water and dried, (Darn family helping me with laundry) but anyway, I found them this morning and I was heart broken, because they are really the only pants that fit.. and so I tried to get them on, (but thinking to myself, they are not going to fit after being washed and dried like that) and they fit. WOO HOO (BTW I was a tight 16 (I don't think they make 18's , I never have seen them, even though I was a 1X top )when I started this diet 2 months ago)
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #45  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

Alaska, are you eating more with the cardio? One of my friend's today emailed me saying she is quiting as she likes going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week as well as running. She has been getting cramps and she can't use free weights anymore it is too draining and when she asked her coach the bag just accused her of not taking her potassium pills, which in fact she was doubling up on them. I know she would have been doing so much better but for the coach that just wants the money.
I am not eatting anymore then I did before. I am also not doing weights, I'm doing about half of what I used to do prior to IP, so just 30 mins a day x5 days a week of cardio. I waited until I was closer to my goal weight so I could help get rid of the last few stubborn pounds. I feel really bad for your friend, I can understand that she enjoys that time at the gym maybe she could just cut back on the workout, just for a few months.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote