3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 30 March 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/229303-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-30-march-2011-a.html)

EatAnts 03-30-2011 07:17 AM

IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 29 March 2011

Slimbound 03-30-2011 07:25 AM

Today is weigh in day..... I cant believe I am always looking forward to Wednesday to weigh in..... Who would have thunk it ..... lol.... Let you know the results this afternoon.... Everybody have a great day

sp8275 03-30-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbound (Post 3782350)
Today is weigh in day..... I cant believe I am always looking forward to Wednesday to weigh in..... Who would have thunk it ..... lol.... Let you know the results this afternoon.... Everybody have a great day

Good luck!!

Well being the scale whore that I am...I FINALLY got out of the 190s and into the 180s. It's only taken me all week to do so. Hopefully I'll loose a little more before weigh-in on Friday. Happy hump day everyone!

Tate 03-30-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp8275 (Post 3782377)
Good luck!!

Well being the scale whore that I am...I FINALLY got out of the 190s and into the 180s. It's only taken me all week to do so. Hopefully I'll loose a little more before weigh-in on Friday. Happy hump day everyone!

I am a fellow scale whore! Congrats on the shift down to the next "set of ten"---keep up the good work!!

Tate 03-30-2011 08:12 AM

Ok, So I had an egg with my crispy rice cereal (not IN it----just in addition to..) and my WI is tomorrow. I weigh myself every morning and haven't lost anything for four days, but so far it seems to go like that....nothing...then down a few pounds. I can't complain, I am only 2 and a half weeks in and have lost about 15 pounds.

I checked out the recipe threads---some interesting stuff---will have to try some of it. A few of the recipes had a gazillion ingredients--I am more of a "5 ingredients or less" kind of gal because I have a super busy life and do not make anything that takes a long time to cook.

I am headed to the grocery store later to buy kale. I will try the "kale chip" idea, although admittedly I am doing so with a degree of trepidation. Will let ya'll know how it works out.

Have a great day all!

Busy day today. I will check in when I can.

SJackson 03-30-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tate (Post 3782384)
I am a fellow scale whore! Congrats on the shift down to the next "set of ten"---keep up the good work!!

Hello everyone. I'm a scale whore as well!!! Everyone morning and every night. Had my WI last night and 2 more pounds....gone, gone. My home scale shows I'm 149 this morning, 9 lbs from goal, but it's always at least 4-5 lbs less than my coaches scale. Hoping to get on Phase 2 in a couple more weeks. My BFF is coming out here on Saturday for a week, so next week may prove to be challenging, to say the least. She watches her weight as well, so between the 2 of us I'm sure we will keep each other in line.

Have a good day everyone.

hotmama72 03-30-2011 08:57 AM

I have a question about extra low blood pressure. My blood pressure has always been low, but since I've been on this diet (2 weeks now), it's dropped even lower and as a result, I am getting dizzy (90/72). Anyone experience this? The doctor recommended I take a tsp of salt, THREE times a day!!? I tried one tsp of salt last night and very nearly threw up. Has anyone tried salt pills? I ordered some from Amazon, but am wondering if anyone else has ideas out there...

debonadiet 03-30-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotmama72 (Post 3782447)
I have a question about extra low blood pressure. My blood pressure has always been low, but since I've been on this diet (2 weeks now), it's dropped even lower and as a result, I am getting dizzy (90/72). Anyone experience this? The doctor recommended I take a tsp of salt, THREE times a day!!? I tried one tsp of salt last night and very nearly threw up. Has anyone tried salt pills? I ordered some from Amazon, but am wondering if anyone else has ideas out there...

I have extra low blood pressure as well! I actually fell out in the floor after standing up a few times the first week on the diet! i had to force myself to drink the salt in water a few times. I also will eat a boiled egg with plenty of SALT on it. If you've already had one, just eat the whites the next time you need one. I boil a few eggs at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge. I also add salt to all my salads.... I'm probably eating more salt than i'm "supposed" to. But i find that it keeps me from "biting the dust" every time i stand up ;). Plus, it tastes so yummy. I hope this helps.

debonadiet 03-30-2011 09:12 AM

Good morning everyone! It's so great to check in after an absence and see how much everybody is SHRINKING! YAY! I need motivation for some 100% on protocol days. On one hand, this diet has gotten to be almost 2nd nature, but on the other.... that makes for slip-ups. I'm a slow loser anyway, so i need to be strict! Any suggestions???

Pxlkitty4 03-30-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Good luck!!

Congrats! Here's hoping you can make it official on Friday!!

I hope to make it official next Monday. (I was disappointed when I weighed in at 190.5 two days ago after weighing myself in the morning and seeing 188.0).

Pxlkitty4 03-30-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotmama72 (Post 3782447)

Ask your doctor about adding extra potassium too. I've heard that can help, but I'm not a medical doctor so please check with him/her first.

ash825 03-30-2011 09:54 AM

Good morning! I've been planning to get my nose re-pierced for 50 lbs lost and I believe I will be there this weekend (I've lost 41 on IP and 8 on WW right before IP = 49 lbs). I'm nervous as all get out but I know I'll love it!

Susie_Bee 03-30-2011 10:14 AM

I am sincerely thanking all of you for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and support.

I am doing well. I am still folllowing my diet. I have not cheated. If I can make it through this without cheating, I can do anything!

Alaskaipjourney 03-30-2011 10:17 AM

Scale whores!! LOL!

Quote:

Good luck!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tate (Post 3782384)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3782393)
Hello everyone. I'm a scale whore as well!!! Everyone morning and every night. Had my WI last night and 2 more pounds....gone, gone. My home scale shows I'm 149 this morning, 9 lbs from goal, but it's always at least 4-5 lbs less than my coaches scale. Hoping to get on Phase 2 in a couple more weeks. My BFF is coming out here on Saturday for a week, so next week may prove to be challenging, to say the least. She watches her weight as well, so between the 2 of us I'm sure we will keep each other in line.

"Hello my name is Kathy and I'm a scale whore." Funny I used to hate the scale to. So this week I started back on cardio and I challenged myself not to get on the scale until my WI on Friday. I've done it so far but it's killing me. Can't wait to see the results.

Susie_Bee 03-30-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbound (Post 3782350)

Good luck! I can't wait to learn of your results!

Quote:

Good luck!!

Yay! :carrot: Happy Wednesday to you too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tate (Post 3782388)
Ok, So I had an egg with my crispy rice cereal (not IN it----just in addition to..) and my WI is tomorrow. I weigh myself every morning and haven't lost anything for four days, but so far it seems to go like that....nothing...then down a few pounds. I can't complain, I am only 2 and a half weeks in and have lost about 15 pounds.

[...]

Have a great day all!

Busy day today. I will check in when I can.

Those are excellent results! You are doing so well! My coach tells me not to get hungry. She says I can have extra celery, hard boiled eggs, preferably just the whiltes (like you, I also make a batch on Mondays and refrigerate them - I make more as needed) or cooked ham (watch the sodium).

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3782393)

I have the same scale issues (inlcuded the coaches scale being slightly higher than mine - is it a strategy to keep us on the diet longer? ...nah! They wouldn't... would they...)! ...but hey!, down is down!!! :)