Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #16  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Hump day everyone!!!
Down another 4 yesterday at WI# 5....woot woot!!
IP.....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everone,

My name is Jean, and I am also a "Scale Whore" LOL. Llike most of you, my coach's scale is about 2lbs higher than the one at home. I was so excited yesterday morning to see 199.8 -- haven't seen "19" in a couple of years! But this morning I got on and saw that I was back up to Monday's 200.2 I'd like to know where those .4 lbs came from...the only thing that I've been doing different is exercise on the Wii Fit for the past few days. Could that be it? TOM is not for another week or so.
puddleduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I think water weight fluctuations and bms account for the small ups and downed you see on a daily basis. I also find it very frustrating!
Otherwise if you are following the diet it seems virtually impossible to gain real weight-and I think gaining muscle would take more than a little exercise.
I exercise intensely every day and am loosing still!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #19  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Ok, So I had an egg with my crispy rice cereal (not IN it----just in addition to..) and my WI is tomorrow. I weigh myself every morning and haven't lost anything for four days, but so far it seems to go like that....nothing...then down a few pounds. I can't complain, I am only 2 and a half weeks in and have lost about 15 pounds.

I checked out the recipe threads---some interesting stuff---will have to try some of it. A few of the recipes had a gazillion ingredients--I am more of a "5 ingredients or less" kind of gal because I have a super busy life and do not make anything that takes a long time to cook.

I am headed to the grocery store later to buy kale. I will try the "kale chip" idea, although admittedly I am doing so with a degree of trepidation. Will let ya'll know how it works out.

Have a great day all!

Busy day today. I will check in when I can.
I heard the Kale chips were really good so I tried them... not so good... if you want a crunch then they are that. but I made the mistake of making a whole bunch thinking I would have a nice crunchy snack, and put them in plastic bag and a plastic container... they wilted... so make them in small batches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning! I've been planning to get my nose re-pierced for 50 lbs lost and I believe I will be there this weekend (I've lost 41 on IP and 8 on WW right before IP = 49 lbs). I'm nervous as all get out but I know I'll love it!
I have been trying to figure out mini goals for me and for 25 (which I am pasted but haven't got anything yet) sleepers for my ears. I thought every 25 I would do something. for my last goal I want to get my dogs' footprints on a dogtag, then I will have them with me always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Happy Hump day everyone!!!
Down another 4 yesterday at WI# 5....woot woot!!
IP.....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!
I think the same thing, you know it is such a restricted diet, I like that it makes it so easy on what you can eat, I don't even have to think other than for supper and what protein I am having then.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning IP friends....Been busy lately so haven't been able to read or respond much..WELCOME to all you new IP friends and if it's your first few days hang in there it gets MUCH better and the results are priceless. Yes you will be moody, irritable and maybe even down right @itchy just drink lots of water and sleep as much as possible it will get better in a few days and in my opinion (and other to) you will feel better then you have in a long time!!!!

To all you that are hitting the next lower number CONGRATSULATIONS I to am waiting to see the next number, the scale is teasing me hovering in the 50's for several weeks with no cheats. This morning says 150 exactly. Have WI today and wont be in the 140's yet but oh so close

Have a super 100% OP day everyone!!!!
Maggiemagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #21  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Good Morning Everone,
I'd like to know where those .4 lbs came from...the only thing that I've been doing different is exercise on the Wii Fit for the past few days. Could that be it? TOM is not for another week or so.
0.4 lbs... Don't sweat the small stuff. Seriously. If I drink 16oz of water, I will immediately weigh one pound more. Don't get caught up with the footnotes -- keep your mind on the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
just drink lots of water and sleep as much as possible it will get better in a few days and in my opinion (and other to) you will feel better then you have in a long time!!!!
Yes, you are SO right. Sleep really helps. I now treat myself to more sleep instead of sitting in front of the TV at night snacking. It's good for me in SO many ways.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #22  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Weigh in #3 for me yielded a 3 pound loss and put me in "Onederland"!
TOM is here and I am just sure I would have been down another pound if it weren't for that!

I don't know how you all can deal the the emotional stress of weighing EVERY day!! HA! I just won't allow myself to. Once per week and that's all! That (dumb) scale messes with my mind if I weigh every day. It determines whether I have a good or a bad day, so I just keep it under the sink. It's only allowed out on Wednesdays.

Last edited by wekaba; 03-30-2011 at 11:41 AM.
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #23  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning all you IP Champions!!!

Congrats to all of you with NSV and great weight loss over the last week.

SusieB I am sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

I have not been able to be online as much as I wished because of work and other commitments but everyone keep doing the great job you are doing and remember you can all do this.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

I'm on my second week right now, and well, I'm not a scale whore (because like wekeba says, it messes with my mind!!), so I don't know where I am since my WI Saturday morning. Last week, I actually "felt" like I lost weight, probably because my body was getting used to not having so many carbs.

This week, on the other hand, I've felt consistently full-ish. It feels like I'm not losing anything because I haven't been feeling hungry. I just eat at the times I scheduled for myself because I know I have to (and I'm sure I'll get hungry if I didn't!). TOM showed up today, so that may be part of the issue.

I guess I'm just having a typically-newbie feeling of worry!

ShrinkingSandra: Sorry for the delayed response from your question yesterday. Did you find the recipe on the Recipes #2 thread? I tried microwaving them, but I actually found that I prefer to cook them on a stove over low/med heat, with some water, and add the spices/splenda to it.

I'll be getting my WF caramel dip soon, and then I'll be dipping my zucchini "apples" into it.

Last edited by Treena; 03-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

"My name is Sherilyn, and I'm a scale whore."

There. I've admitted it. NOW what??? Here's the worst part - I started working for my coach last Thursday and I have access to the "official" scale ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!!!!! I have to admit, I can't stay off of it!! LOL!!

My home scale is always lower than the one at the office, but then, I'm naked then, too! Clothes make a difference!!

Regardless, I'm thrilled with my loss!!
Shetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

NSV I finally had someone notice my weight loss that didn't know I was on Ip!! yayyy!! I've decided that people don't notice it on me as much because I had a lot of belly fat and it as definitely gone down (still there unfortunately) and it is mostly noticeable from the side (don't think too many people veiw my side profile on a regular basis haha).
Sad note I am home sick today went to work for about three hours and as I was sitting in a meeting I progressively felt sicker and sicker so now I am home just ate some cripsy cereal and turnip fries and now I am off to sleep for multiple hours. I have a WI today hopefully I am well enough to make it maybe I will feel better after a good solid nap!
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Ok, So I had an egg with my crispy rice cereal (not IN it----just in addition to..) and my WI is tomorrow. I weigh myself every morning and haven't lost anything for four days, but so far it seems to go like that....nothing...then down a few pounds. I can't complain, I am only 2 and a half weeks in and have lost about 15 pounds.
I have been tempted to weigh myself at home too. I have an official WW scale that's supposed to be accurate. I just can't bring myself to do it. What if my scale isn't as accurate as the one at my coach's office? What if it says I've gained? Just thinking I might have gained and/or maintained while putting all this effort into the program would be the ultimate discouragement. And what if it says I lost but then I weigh in at my coach's and I haven't lost as much? That too would be a downer. I stay away from the scale and resist the temptation to measure myself.
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
NSV I finally had someone notice my weight loss that didn't know I was on Ip!! yayyy!! I've decided that people don't notice it on me as much because I had a lot of belly fat and it as definitely gone down (still there unfortunately) and it is mostly noticeable from the side (don't think too many people veiw my side profile on a regular basis haha).
Sad note I am home sick today went to work for about three hours and as I was sitting in a meeting I progressively felt sicker and sicker so now I am home just ate some cripsy cereal and turnip fries and now I am off to sleep for multiple hours. I have a WI today hopefully I am well enough to make it maybe I will feel better after a good solid nap!
Congrats!!! I sincerely share in your excitement, because I had 2 people tell me that, too, who didn't know I was on IP. Yayyyy for you!!!! <--Ironic, we're not allowed to have carrots on IP lol.

I hope you feel better soon. In a positive light, that means you get more time to post on here!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #29  

I really enjoy this thread as everyone is so supportive of each other. We are all on the same journey. After the death of my husband, I have gained 70 pounds. I have been on IP for 3 weeks and have lost 14lbs. It's a start and I hope I can continue and become *normal* once again.
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #30  

Day 6 of IP and still going strong. Today my challenge is to cook for hubby and I. So far I have been cooking mine seperately and sticking to chicken. The cooking supper is the only challenging part of IP for me, I am so paranoid that I am going to mess up the portion sizes. I know this is crazy, as a few extra pieces of veggies is really not a cheat, but I am totally a rule follower and perfectionist.

I love the idea of a non-food reward for each mini-goal....I will have to think of something for when I break the 300 lbs mark!

BTW, I tried the peanut soy puffs, and, oh my, they are delicious!
Northern Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote