Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtulo1 View Post
Hi everyone!
I have been on IP for exactly a week today. I was wondering what if you eat more then the 5 oz of chicken that is allowed at supper time? Is that considered cheating? And I have a hard time getting in the salt. Do dill pickles count towards some salt intake? THANKS!
The new protocol allows you 8 oz! And no, the salt in pickles would not count as your daily salt intake-unless you have pickles made with sea salt?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Susie B - Sorry for your loss.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #63  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

I have a question, I need to loose 7lbs or so to meet my 90% goal, then I start phasing off. Since I will have lost about 81lbs at that point, due any of you think it would be right to say 2 weeks on phase 2 could get you to 100% at the rate I have been going, not that it has been bad, I don't think I would be able to loose 9lbs in 2 weeks. May be I should stay on phase 2 longer, but then I would still be on phase 3 (if I did phase 3 for 2weeks) when I leave for my trip in May. Sorry for the rambeling, just wanted to know any thoughts or Ideals you might have.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr418 View Post
Hi all. This is my first post. Tomorrow will be the completion of my 4th week. I was loving the success the first two weeks (13 lbs) but then W#3 lost only 4lbs and this W#4 only1lb. Has this happened to anyone else? I have been on plan all the way except I had a cold last week and wasn't able to eat all of my veggies but no cheating. I am really frustrated...any suggestions?
Welcome to 3FC

You have to keep in mind that in the beginning, you will have bigger losses because a lot of it is water weight. Once that is gone and your body gets into ketosis, things slow down, at least a bit, for everyone. But if you look at your 4 week total and divide it by the # of weeks you've been on the program, you're averaging 4.5 lbs down a week. When's the last time you were on a diet that you could say that? You're doing great, don't be so frustrated, follow the program and it WILL work. As many have said this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #65  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
I have a question, I need to loose 7lbs or so to meet my 90% goal, then I start phasing off. Since I will have lost about 81lbs at that point, due any of you think it would be right to say 2 weeks on phase 2 could get you to 100% at the rate I have been going, not that it has been bad, I don't think I would be able to loose 9lbs in 2 weeks. May be I should stay on phase 2 longer, but then I would still be on phase 3 (if I did phase 3 for 2weeks) when I leave for my trip in May. Sorry for the rambeling, just wanted to know any thoughts or Ideals you might have.
My opinion would be to stay on phase 1 until you lose 90-95% of your goal, phase 2 for at least 2 weeks or until you are maybe 5 lbs under your goal weight, then go to phase 3 for 2 weeks. The reason why I say 5 lbs under your goal is because a gain is expected in phase 3 as your body rebuilds your glycogen resources.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Idk if it is a coincidence, but I added an egg to my IP omelet n I was a lot less hungry all day long. Dinner was good. Browned super lean ground beef, very thinly sliced zucchini,2tsp EVOO, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder. Sauté it all together. I cooked the zucchini first because I like mine mushy and tasteless (as far as I'm concerned the best veggies are the ones that don't taste like anything). Not bad.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm on day 5 and very grumpy/angry /easily annoyed. Is that normal? I seriously can't can't wait until the kids go to bed.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 264.5/183/165

Height: 5ft3

Hi All....anyone out there who lives in the Boulder area of Colorado? I have a friend interested in doing IP and wanted to hear about coaches out there. Anyone live out there and like their coach??
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #69  
Reema

S/C/G: 155/131/115

Height: 4"10'

Angry

I have been on ip for 6 days now. and I can see getting little frustrated. I am fine when I am alone and at work. but my boy friend is home today and he has been eating everything that i wanna eat...UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Reema
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I'm on day 5 and very grumpy/angry /easily annoyed. Is that normal? I seriously can't can't wait until the kids go to bed.
It is...in the beginning it's very typical to feel easily irritated and emotional...this will pass and get better, promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reema View Post
I have been on ip for 6 days now. and I can see getting little frustrated. I am fine when I am alone and at work. but my boy friend is home today and he has been eating everything that i wanna eat...UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Reema
I went through the same thing week one, thinking and saying how unfair it was that my husband can eat whatever he wants while I can't....but let's face it, it's not their fault we are where we are weight wise so they shouldn't necessarily have to suffer for it too (although truthfully, I want mine to suffer just a little sometimes LOL). Hang in there, it gets better. Soon, your cravings will be gone and you won't care (as much).
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Grumpiness is to be expected. We were all very grumpy, this too shall pass.
Chins up! It won't last for long and you'll be so happy to be thinner you won't be crabby anymore.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Hello everyone,

My Father-in-law passed away this morning in palliative care after a courageous battle with abdominal cancer. He will be sadly missed.

I thank you all for your kind words and support in the days leading up this.

Wishing you all a great day
My father-in-law passed 2 months ago under similar circumstances. It's never easy to deal with the death of someone you love. I hope you find time to reflect and grieve, both are important for healing. He will always live in your heart.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default 1st week down!

I had my 1st wi yesterday after being on the protocol for 6 days. Not bad, I lost 3.5 lbs. and a total of 2.5". I'm most impressed by the loss of visceral fat.

I've been pumping myself up thinking I would lose 5 to 7 lbs. this first week. But as I was driving to my wi I told myself, "I may not lose more than just a couple of pounds. Weight loss is better than weight gain." I had to psyche myself into a different mental state so I wouldn't be disappointed. And it worked!

I have to remember that no 2 people are alike. My weight loss is unique to me and me only. If I compare myself to others who are losing more then I am, I set myself up for disappointment and that's no good. So, I keep focused on me while enjoying the ideas, thoughts, concerns, recipes and suggestions on here.

My 1st week had it's up's and downs. I really miss cheese and pasta! But I can miss those things as much as I like as long as I don't eat them. I've been trying the recipes on here and making up some of my own and so far I'm not too bored. I do still get hungry, today has been a particularly trying day but I'm almost done with it.

Tomorrow is a new day! Hope everyone has a great one!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #74  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a nice Monday and that your Tuesday is starting off well. <-- I just felt like using that... and it's what I'm doing right now, except with a smile both before and after!

I swear, I never was a morning person until lately! Lol.

I made the "baked apple" zucchini last night, which was definitely a dessert! I've been usually mixing my veggies in soups, or stir frying them, or just munching on them through the day, so this was a very pleasant change. I think my tastebuds were confused for a while by the sweetness!

And then I had another "cheating" dream, again at my mom's, eating breaded chicken and pasta. In my dream, I had realized I was cheating, but for some reason I couldn't stop! How long do these dreams last?!! Hahaha.
I just read this and was looking for it in the recipes but couldn't find it? Can you please share how you made this?? Thank you!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindacraig63 View Post
I had my 1st wi yesterday after being on the protocol for 6 days. Not bad, I lost 3.5 lbs. and a total of 2.5". I'm most impressed by the loss of visceral fat.

I've been pumping myself up thinking I would lose 5 to 7 lbs. this first week. But as I was driving to my wi I told myself, "I may not lose more than just a couple of pounds. Weight loss is better than weight gain." I had to psyche myself into a different mental state so I wouldn't be disappointed. And it worked!

I have to remember that no 2 people are alike. My weight loss is unique to me and me only. If I compare myself to others who are losing more then I am, I set myself up for disappointment and that's no good. So, I keep focused on me while enjoying the ideas, thoughts, concerns, recipes and suggestions on here.

My 1st week had it's up's and downs. I really miss cheese and pasta! But I can miss those things as much as I like as long as I don't eat them. I've been trying the recipes on here and making up some of my own and so far I'm not too bored. I do still get hungry, today has been a particularly trying day but I'm almost done with it.

Tomorrow is a new day! Hope everyone has a great one!
Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread