Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
I've been loosing very slowly - and sometimes not at all on some weeks. So I decided to track my calories for today. I'm thinking about starting the Couch25k plan again and wanted to see if I was eating enough calories to sustain exercise.

So today with my 3 IP packets - I'll have 1400 calories. This is about the same as I use to eat prior-to IP - without loosing weight. So I'm wondering - am I eating too much - and wouldn't exercise help me at this point?

My Net Carbs for today are 36.5 with 116g protein. Today is a pretty typical day for me as well. I usually have some on my salad for lunch and again at dinner. So I spread my 6-8 oz over those two meals. I pretty much eyeball the amounts. I do measure my veggies - and usually have peppers, onions, mushrooms, Spinach and sometimes brocolli with lettuce.

Thoughts? Does this sound right? I thought this was low calorie - but it doesn't seem to be working out that way for me. Am I eating too much?
I have no idea how you are getting 1400 calories doing Ip? I just added mine up along with my protein meal and I"m only at 630 calories. I usually am between that and 900 calories.....what are you eating each day that give you that much calories?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

So I over estimate a little on my lunch - and comes out to just under 1300 cal.

Today this is what I ate:
Breakfast - IP Choc Drink = 120 cal
Lunch - Salad w/ chopped yellow pepper, red pepper, mushroom, spinach w/ lemon juice and olive oil dressing plus 4oz ck = 485 cal
Snack - Bar = 180 cal
Dinner - Salad w/ peppers, mushrooms, onions, 4oz grilled flank steak = 400 cal
Snack (Bedtime) IP Capp = 100

I ate more protein today than usual. I'd say I usually have more like 3 oz of protein (ck, shrimp, fish).

My lunch/dinner are similar - and include 2 cups of veggies each. I chop 1/2 a yellow pepper and 1/2 red pepper; 1-2 mushrooms; maybe 1/4 onion. It's 2 c all chopped up. Maybe I should weigh them instead??
Old 03-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #63  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

just curious around what time everyone has their snack? I am wondering if I eat mine too late? I usually wait until I put my daughter to bed at 9 to have my snack. (it's the only free time I get, since I am a stay at home mom, and I look forward to enjoying my snack while everything is quiet.)

I got a sheet that says not to eat after 8? but I am wondering if one hour will make a real difference?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #64  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
just curious around what time everyone has their snack? I am wondering if I eat mine too late? I usually wait until I put my daughter to bed at 9 to have my snack. (it's the only free time I get, since I am a stay at home mom, and I look forward to enjoying my snack while everything is quiet.)

I got a sheet that says not to eat after 8? but I am wondering if one hour will make a real difference?
Funny. I just met with the doctor today. He asked if I had been light-headed at all. I told him that I normally take it easy in the morning until I get some water in me, and also that I tend to have a relatively high-carb snack right before bed. I asked if it was ok to eat right before brushing my teeth. He said that he was impressed that I had figured that out on my own, and that is normally what he suggests when people have that light-headed or weak feeling upon waking. So, I dont think there is any issue eating late.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Funny. I just met with the doctor today. He asked if I had been light-headed at all. I told him that I normally take it easy in the morning until I get some water in me, and also that I tend to have a relatively high-carb snack right before bed. I asked if it was ok to eat right before brushing my teeth. He said that he was impressed that I had figured that out on my own, and that is normally what he suggests when people have that light-headed or weak feeling upon waking. So, I dont think there is any issue eating late.
Thank you for your response!

I do the same. In the mornings I tend to eat low carbs and at night I eat something higher in carbs, because I am with my husband in front of the tv and if we have friends over they are all eating chips and I want my apple cinn puffs or cheese curls, because it is like I am snaking too. Also in the day I dont have time to enjoy my food. I have a busy toddler who is always go go go. So at night I want to enjoy my snack.
Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the newbies!! Congrats to all of you with victories this past weekend!! It is monday and a new week for new victories!!

I just purchased Biggest Loser for the X-BOX today. I am going to try it out for the yoga. I have 3 friends that will be doing this with me also so it should be fun. I love tech. stuff it is neat to play games with friends 1000 of miles away.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

Best Wishes!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I know this is somewhere in the threads, but, can anyone shed some light on ketosis? I tested mine today and it showed "a trace". Is that OK, is the diet working. I know that too many ketones are not healthy in the long run but I'm wondering!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm on day 4 and so glad to have found this, especially for recipies! My name is April, I have two little girls 3.5 and 1. The hardest part is feeding everyone else! I'm a SAHM so there's no avoiding it.
The worst part is that dang tomato soup. I freaking hate it. If all the soups have that nasty power taste I'll skip them.
I weighed 205 at my weight check and my goal is 150 although I may go less when I get there. My first WI is Thursday. I've been 100% so hopefully it will go well!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #69  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Good morning all!

For a change, I get to work from home today. I am the director for a in-home service provision company in South Central PA. Basically, I supervise 18 caseworkers who go into peoples homes and try to help them make changes to avoid their children ending up in foster care (we also work to help families reunify if the children are already in care).

I have been assigned a project by my boss that I believe will take me the next three days. I have turned off my cell and will not be on my email---this is a BIG project (the bad news). THe good news is that this si something new for me and my boss gets to do my job for three days---he already knows how hard I work, but I believe this will give him a whole new perspective on things!

My plan today:

Something out of a foil packet for breakfast
Ditto for lunch plus lettuce
IDK for dinner--pork tenderloin and maybe turnip "fries" if I get to the store, more lettuce
Something out of a foil packed for snack.

Make it a good day all!! Cheers!!!
Did you give your 2 cups of veg. at lunch to a co-worker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Hello everyone.

I have a question.....I'm only in my 2nd week, I've talked to several ppl that for their vegetable, they have only been eating lettuce, my coach says lettuce does not count towards your vegetable, I want to make sure I'm doing this right and so I have only been using the veggies on the list for my 2 cups, which does not include lettuce...
You are right. 2 cups of veg. plus an unlimited amount of lettece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Thanks, I dont even put lettuce in my salads anymore, its really hard for me to eat 2 cups of veggies....
I found it was easier to eat 2 cups of veg. if they were cooked, like a stir fry. I didn't try turnip fries till about Jan., wish I had tried them last summer, because they are great.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #70  

Height: 5'10"

I usually have my snack at night about a half hour before bed. I have three children that do not like to lay down at night and go to sleep. I have to wait until they are asleep to enjoy my treat. Anybody out there have any suggestion on how to get my three year old to stay in her bed? I am getting very frustrated.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

Well for the last month or so I was having a hard time staying on track. Didn't gain any weight but the weight wasn't coming off - my own fault. Well decided it was do or die and stayed on track this week and I'm sure glad I did. 6 lb weight loss this week for a total of 35lbs since Jan 3rd. The funny thing that got me excited this weekend is that I had to throw away all my big underwear. 1x. They were really big old granny undetwear which I could stretch way over my belly because of my weight loss. I bought medium sized bikini briefs. Seriously, I don't think I've worn those since my twenties. Lol. How pathetic is that getting excited over underwear. Lol. Have a good one!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Good morning!!! Will be starting week 11 on Wed. I never thought I would get through week 1. Feel very good about this. This weekend my mom said that I can tell by your face that you have lost weight but you dress like a bum!! I do love my sweats!! So today I have to go shopping. We have a friend bday party and we have not seen most friends since we started this journey. So it's kinda like a coming out party. I used to love to shop but now don't know how to shop for this new body. I have lost 30lbs and hubby 36lbs. Wish me luck!!! Here's to a week to all of us kicking fat's butt!!! We CAN do this!!!!
Do you love your sweats because everything else isn't very comfortable? You may find a difference now and as you continue to lose weight. I used to change into my PJ's as soon as I got home from work, now I don't even notice that I am still wearing jeans. I only change when it has been one of those days and I need to get cozy! You are going to have a great day trying things on I think! I love clothes now!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemimom View Post
I usually have my snack at night about a half hour before bed. I have three children that do not like to lay down at night and go to sleep. I have to wait until they are asleep to enjoy my treat. Anybody out there have any suggestion on how to get my three year old to stay in her bed? I am getting very frustrated.
I hear you about wanting to be alone with no kids to enjoy your treat!

when I was talking to my mom about how my daughter is a terrible sleeper (she didn't sleep through the night until she was well over a year.)
My mom told me that I would get out of my bed every night and only one thing worked. I was about 3 or 4. She told me that she "tricked" me into thinking I did something good. she said something like this "Sandra you have been such a good girl, and your almost 4 so you can have a special privilege. Just like mommy and daddy, you can now stay in your room all night!" (apparently she made it seem like a good thing) she said "we can go to the store and pick out a new toy, that you will sleep with all night."
If I got out of bed she would "remind" me that I am a big girl now and only little girls got out of bed at night and then not say anything else, just keep bringing me back to my room. no fights or arguing with me.

Apparently this worked for her.
My 7 year old nephew still sometimes sleeps with his mom, so I don't want that happening to me!

goodluck!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #74  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmouse View Post
I've been loosing very slowly - and sometimes not at all on some weeks. So I decided to track my calories for today. I'm thinking about starting the Couch25k plan again and wanted to see if I was eating enough calories to sustain exercise.

So today with my 3 IP packets - I'll have 1400 calories. This is about the same as I use to eat prior-to IP - without loosing weight. So I'm wondering - am I eating too much - and wouldn't exercise help me at this point?

My Net Carbs for today are 36.5 with 116g protein. Today is a pretty typical day for me as well. I usually have some on my salad for lunch and again at dinner. So I spread my 6-8 oz over those two meals. I pretty much eyeball the amounts. I do measure my veggies - and usually have peppers, onions, mushrooms, Spinach and sometimes brocolli with lettuce.

Thoughts? Does this sound right? I thought this was low calorie - but it doesn't seem to be working out that way for me. Am I eating too much?
I have been on IP for nearly 3 months and have never gone over 1000. Most of the time it doesn't even go over 800. The carb count is def high, I've been told to keep the net carbs under 25. Most of the time I try to keep them under 20. Certainly should take your meal diary to your coach and get some ideas.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #75  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
What are you cooking for your husband that is so different? My husband and I are eating basically the same things but he has less protein (go figure) and we add some type of starch to his meal. For example-- last night we had boneless grilled pork chops. I rubbed mine with a sugar-free bbq rub. His was rubbed with one that had sugar. We put olive oil and spices on some asparagus and grilled that as well. While the grill was going he fried some sliced potato on the stovetop to add to his meal.

We both had salads, but his had tomato/cheese on it and mine did not.

Unless you are a 90% pasta household I think you will find you can both have the same things with some minor modifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I too cook for my family the same way I cook for myself, with a few exceptions. I always cook the meat the family is going to eat separate from the veggies -- I weigh my meat on a digital scale because I want to make sure I get the right portion. My body definitely does better with more protein so I am very aware of that (my weight loss seems to be better when I up my protein) I typically eat 7-8 oz of meat with dinner - as for veggies I kind of just eyeball it. If necessary I make a starch for the family --however I have been feeding them what I eat and my husband (who is tall, long and lean) told me he loves my diet because he is losing weight -- he lost 30 pounds without trying but by eating what I eat for dinner. (yes my eyes are rolling, and i am just an ever so slight shade of green)

I make it a point to make very satisfying dinners both for myself and for my husband - and funny enough no one seems to miss the starches. A few things we love are....Kelp noodles, Cauliflower grated with a cheese grater to make faux rice, and noodles made from using a Julian peeler and a zucchini. We all enjoy mashed cauliflower, mashed celery root with roasted fennel, turnip fries, and pureed turnips as a thickener for things like gravy and Indian dishes

Hope this helps!!!!! This will be the best thing you do for yourself and family!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I'm on day 4 and so glad to have found this, especially for recipies! My name is April, I have two little girls 3.5 and 1. The hardest part is feeding everyone else! I'm a SAHM so there's no avoiding it.
The worst part is that dang tomato soup. I freaking hate it. If all the soups have that nasty power taste I'll skip them.
I weighed 205 at my weight check and my goal is 150 although I may go less when I get there. My first WI is Thursday. I've been 100% so hopefully it will go well!
Welcome April, I quoted these 2 post, maybe you can get some ideas from these. Try the turnip fries, your girls may like them. Try to make some dishes that everyone will eat and some just for your family. Planning meals ahead will really help. Before IP I always wanted to plan my meals ahead, but didn't. Last summer I found Ip was easier if I planned my meals ahead (maybe every morning for that day). I am still doing that, makes life easier. When we eat out we plan ahead.
Last summer when I went on Ip I tried the chicken soup(bad,bad stuff). I don't plan to try the tomato soup. I don't like the WF peanut butter. I like most of the Ip products and most of the WF products. Everybody is different.
My words to a new chick: Decide if you are going to stay on protocol, think, plan, keep a travel bag ready to go with you everytime you leave the house(even you plan to return in a short time), be thankful you have a way to loose your weight (especially on the rough days), reach out to the chicks on this forum, feel free to brag on yourself on this forum (you deserve it). If you really want to do this you can. Keep in touch. Judy
Closed Thread