3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein-Compliant and not losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228947-ideal-protein-compliant-not-losing.html)

evemomma 01-29-2016 03:31 PM

Ladyejan...

Keep up the hard work! You've gotten great advice already. Remember, with only 20/30lbs to lose, you are going to go slower than someone with more weight. One thing that seemed to up my losses was upping my evoo a bit on days where I was eating extra,lean meat.

Aunt Sheshie 01-29-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3776391)
Don't be discouraged (I know easier said then done) --- I have gone through the same thing and it is SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING - but don't give up. One thing that has helped me (if you see my ticker at the bottom you will see the trend) on the weeks I eat more protein the better I do. I sometimes will have a WHOLE (yes even the yolk) hard boiled egg in the morning between breakfast and lunch and 2 slices of lean organic (no msg, nitrates or sugar) ham in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. I also had to increase my olive oil intake to help me feel satisfied. Ironically by upping the protien/fat I have had more energy and significantly less munchie feelings. I also eat a restricted every other day. Try a few things the coming week and see if you see some changes on the scale - this diet doesn't work the same for everyone so you need to be willing to experiment a bit to see what grooves with you. GOOD LUCK!!!!! I promise it will come off -- I have been doing this for a little over 11 weeks and I am amazed every day with how fast I have lost the weight - and the change in my body shape is incredible. I am sending you lots of hugs and a big HUGE YOU CAN DO THIS (one day at a time):hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipityberry (Post 3776802)
The one flaw that I've found in this diet is that it can be too calorie restrictive. If that happens your body will hold on to everything, even fat and you won't lose. You start to see it around week 4-6. Particularly active people, those with a lot of weight to lose, and men.

1)Make sure your regular...I like the Novi-Lax
2)Consider upping your protein. Like Cheekywit, I have 1-2 extra eggs/day and this makes me lose more! I also vary the amount of meat I eat for supper. Mostly 5-6 oz, but then 8 oz meat 1-2 x week.
3)Count your calories for 1 week or so. Sometimes we find the veggies that we like and just stick to those. Turns out, they may be the very low cal veggies. This happened to me. So figure your cal intake on a typical menu and make sure it is around 1000. If not, add the protein.
4)Time of the month has a lot to do with it too. I have less loss around ovulation.

Very good advice, CheekyWit & serendipityberry... I especially agree with increasing your protein... when I first did IP 6 years ago, I always had a couple of eggs in the late afternoon... usually they were fried in either olive oil or coconut oil, so I was increasing my fat at the same time... with those additions, my calorie count was around 1050 most days... the best part of this story is in about 6 months I lost about 70 lbs... I've never had such good success with any diet before... so, TwinMom1010 & any others having doubts, please be encouraged to stick with it...

:hug:

ladyejan 01-30-2016 09:25 AM

Thanks Evemomma!

I start my first full day today, after going to my set up appt. yesterday.

The salt/vinegar crisps are something I could gladly live on three times a day . . . just sayin'

I go on Tuesday for my first weigh-in, even though it's not quite a full week. I'm not expecting any kind of big needle move, but even a pound would be cause for celebration!

While I haven't tried a lot of diets previously, I do know myself well enough to know that I will do better with something with structure and clear do's and don'ts.