3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Coconut oil (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228920-coconut-oil.html)

kygal 03-25-2011 08:31 PM

Coconut oil

I've searched the threads to see if I could find any reference to using it here and didn't see much. I did see a couple of posts about one clinic that sold it and a couple about it being better than olive oil at high heat. I've done quite a bit of research on it and one of the better things I've seen about it is that it will speed the metabolism up and it's also one of the best oils we can eat because of the make-up of it. I'd love to hear other's thoughts on it.

Hugs,

Mary

CanadianCutie 03-25-2011 08:46 PM

If you can't find any coconut oil in your area I know well.ca sells it. I haven't purchased the coconut oil from them, but I have purchased other things and never had a problem. Not on Ideal Protein Diet, but the stuff well.ca and health food stores sell is organic, and pure.

kygal 03-25-2011 09:41 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking at Well.ca and liked the looks of things on there and you've just convinced me to give them a try.

I'm just about ready to find somewhere I can get a reduced rate on larger amounts of coconut oil. I have my dog on it right now, trying to address some yeast issues and hot spots. I've read some amazing results and hope it'll work for him.

Thanks again,

Mary

momoffive 03-25-2011 10:16 PM

I found some coconut oil at a health food store, it is really tasty, and I didn't know it sped up my metabolism, I just enjoy the taste, and was getting sick of evoo.

walking2lose 03-25-2011 10:58 PM

Great stuff. I eat it almost daily. I put a little bit in my coffee - sounds weird, but it's good. I use it to saute veggies in. Love it.

Thighs Be Gone 03-25-2011 11:32 PM

If you have an indian grocery near you, they will have it by the droves.

I love coconut oil and use it on lots of things--even my hair! It can also be used to hydrate your skin.

Great stuff! It gets cold like gel in winter--once somewhat heated it turns clear and is viscuous.

GettingItOff 03-26-2011 02:06 PM

I LOVE Coconut Oil!!

I use it instead of lotion on my skin because I live in a really dry climate. Great on the hands and I had a dry spot on the bottom of my foot and it's gone since I used the Coconut Oil! I even use it on my face, I was using some pretty expensive stuff and noticed the Coconut oil makes it feel much smoother. I highly recommend reading the Coconut Oil Miracle.

AprilH3 03-30-2011 12:29 AM

I've only used it for diaper rash cream. I had no idea it sped up the metabolism! That's awesome!

Alaskaipjourney 03-30-2011 02:09 PM

I asked my coach about it and she check with the IP National Coordinator and they say coconut oil is only allowed on phases 3 and 4. Hope that helps, sure sounded good.