3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Help with Walden Farms products (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228850-help-walden-farms-products.html)

lindacraig63 03-24-2011 10:28 PM

Help with Walden Farms products

So I'm looking at the Walden Farms web page and don't have a clue what's good, what's ok and what is terrible. In particular the salad dressings. I like salty as opposed to sweet. Any suggestions?

How are their Mayo and BBQ sauces?

Thanks in advance!

sugadiva 03-24-2011 10:50 PM

Bought a bunch yesterday and have tried two of them. BBQ sauce (hickory) was good but you only want to use a little bit because it's super splenda tasting if you use too much. Used the thousand island in the big mac in a bowl recipe and it was good. I'm not much for thousand island as a salad dressing normally anyway... the caesar dressing was good though.

The peanut butter flavored spread gets a thumbs down from me...all i can taste is splenda...leaves a funky taste in your mouth too :(

I'll let you know when I try the others.

wekaba 03-24-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindacraig63 (Post 3773900)
So I'm looking at the Walden Farms web page and don't have a clue what's good, what's ok and what is terrible. In particular the salad dressings. I like salty as opposed to sweet. Any suggestions?

How are their Mayo and BBQ sauces?

Thanks in advance!

I have tried: Thousand Island, Bacon-something, and Raspberry-something, and I just could not eat them! I threw them out. I make my own dressing now out of EVOO, Sea Salt, Stevia, Brown Mustard, and Lemon Juice. It's delicious and I use it every day!
I also bought some WF chocolate dip. It has a strong aftertaste. I thought I may try mixing it with some chocolate pudding to hopefully enhance the flavor of the pudding.

Shytowngal 03-24-2011 11:33 PM

I've tried the BBQ sauce it was ok, kind of... watery? The honey mustard dressing was just okay too. I second the motion to make your own.

lindacraig63 03-25-2011 12:13 AM

Thanks everyone for the input. I may just buy some of the individual packets to try out first.

locks 03-25-2011 12:30 AM

Balasmic dressing : Love it!
Asain dressing : love it too, nice touch to add for a stir fry too.
Creamy Bacon, nice too,

BBQ sauce, orginal and hickory, I liked them on my steak and chicken on the bbq.

Have the scampi, and ginger but not tried it yet.

Pancake syrup, and blueberry syrup is good.

Peanut butter..GAG, GROSS lol
Rasberry Jam, not sure about it, going to melt it and drip over a pancake from crispy cereal one day.
Chocolate spread,,,,gross on its own. Have to find a way to use it.

I think almost anything is good in a salad then eatting it dry. I always had my oil to the dressing to make sure I get enough oil.

Have the scampy seafood sauce and marina sauce, havent tried yet.

I had to order online, they were on sale for 3.99, and one cost of 8$ for shipping, so I bought 12 bottles lol... At my gym they are 7$ plus tax.

Seems we have so many different tastes. I was just so tired of using the kraft fat free for the last year, that wf dressings are like heaven to me lol..Not sure if thats a good thing or bad, but makes my salad taste good going down:carrot:

Lucky Chick 03-25-2011 12:36 AM

I just bumped a different thread for you to look at that has loads of feedback on the WF products.

lindacraig63 03-27-2011 01:21 PM

Thanks, I'll read it.