Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #316  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Amazing words of advice and support, guys. Thanks a million.

I think I'm going to "tunnel vision" my way to my goal. It will be worth it.

Darbs, I've stalked your progress for these last fews months...mainly because we share similar stats. My goal is a size 8 and my coach thinks there is no way at 170 that I will be an 8 so you give me hope.

Glad to be over on the "experienced" side of things. The daily chat is great but it's a lot of the same questions over and over.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #317  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Hopeful

Quote:
During that time I learned the most I have learned on this program....I have learned to lose the all or nothing mentality (for the first four months I was pyscho....I didn't even leave my house...I just did IP protocol 100%). I have learned that when I reach goal...it won't be over...I don't go back to the old eating...I need to change forever...so what is the rush?

The last 2 months have helped me keep going and have taught me lessons that I would have never learned otherwise. And I plan my cheat and then I am 100% the day I will say I will be...no more snowball effect.

Well, I have nothing planned (thank goodness) until June 28th. My plan is to get this done. I hope to drop a quick 10 to get me in the low 160's and then hopefully drop another 10 before I leave for Las Vegas on June 28th.

So my original goal was 175 and a size 12 and hopefully some 10's.

Today I am 173 and a size 8 in almost every store. My new goal is to be below 156. So here I go and I hope to get this done.

Don't be discouraged...and think the longer you take the more your lifelong habits will change permanently. Stay strong, be good to yourself, and take your time to a lifetime of health.
You are such an inspiration Darbs. I've watched you all along. I am still aiming for Onederland. 14 pounds to go. I want to be a size 14, or 12 ultimately. Thats my goal. At 213, I put on a size 18 and a 16 that needs another inch to zip.
Look at you at 173 and an 8!!!! I am aiming for 180-185 so I think a 12 is totally possible. That so motivates me.
I still plug away at 2 pounds a week with some weeks being higher. Go figure. Still on protocol. 199 here I come!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #318  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
An encouraging story (I think)LOL. I had gastric bypass when I was 35. They did it the "old way" then. HUGE scar! (Similar to open heart surgery scar). I lost 70 pounds then stalled for 20 years!!!! Wish I'd had IP then. June is looking pretty darn good to me. I'll finally be able to get that last 40 pounds gone!!!
I too had that nasty surgery the old fashioned way... clearly it didn't last! The scar sure did though! I wish I knew then what I know now! But at least we this appreciate it that much more. Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post

Darbs, I've stalked your progress for these last fews months...mainly because we share similar stats. My goal is a size 8 and my coach thinks there is no way at 170 that I will be an 8 so you give me hope.

Glad to be over on the "experienced" side of things. The daily chat is great but it's a lot of the same questions over and over.
You should decide your goals! And they are allowed to change!
My 2cents-I am 5'8" and now 150. I wear a 6 dress, but an 8 pant, although they are loose, 6 is too tight! My goal is 140.

Most of my bodyweight is in my legs.

It's hard to say how clothes will fit until you hit that weight and see.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #320  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post

It is crazy how everyone has a different body. What size are you now? At 185 I was a size 10 and I have been trapped there for a few months, but have been able to wear 8 jeans for awhile. I started at 246 wearing a loose 18 and an XXL shirt or 1X. You know your body....so go prove your coach wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
You are such an inspiration Darbs. I've watched you all along. I am still aiming for Onederland. 14 pounds to go. I want to be a size 14, or 12 ultimately. Thats my goal. At 213, I put on a size 18 and a 16 that needs another inch to zip.
Look at you at 173 and an 8!!!! I am aiming for 180-185 so I think a 12 is totally possible. That so motivates me.
I still plug away at 2 pounds a week with some weeks being higher. Go figure. Still on protocol. 199 here I come!
You have done so well, under not so great conditions...keep up the good work
Old 04-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #321  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I am hovering right around 176-178 right now without clothes on. I am comfortably in size 12 pants and a few size 10's fit but they are tight... Your goal is completely reasonable. In a shirt, I am a solid L... some of that is becasue I'm a 36DD...
Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all - I've been traveling and crazy busy this month so I haven't been on site. Good to see everyone's progress. I have gotten within 5 lbs. of my original, realistic goal. I've lost 30 which I'm thrilled with but I want to keep heading toward that dream goal of 50 lbs. lost because I want to wear shorts this summer and I still have more celulite than I want the world to see. I finally had to buy some new cloths. The sales woman talked me into buying some stretch denim Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They are extremely comfortable even though they fit like a second skin. I told her that at age 56 I didn't wear jeans that form fitting. She told me, "You have to buy those jeans. They were made for you - trust me, they're the right size." Well, I've been wearing them and have been getting so many complements. Fun, fun, fun! I'm going back for another pair! My 25 year old son just noticed last week that I had lost weight. I was wearing the old baggy jeans. He said you ought to get yourself some more jeans that fit you mom. I found some Gloria Vandrbilt Jeans at Cosco for $15.99. Grabbed a size 10, brought them home and they fit. Went back and got another pair. I think they're great for hanging out in. Unfortunately, at my book club meeting the hostess opened a bottle of Champaign to celebrate my 30 lb weight loss. So sweet, I couldn't turn it down. Kicked me right out of ketosis even though I only had half a glass. But sometimes when your girls are toasting you - you've just gotta go with it. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi all - I've been traveling and crazy busy this month so I haven't been on site. Good to see everyone's progress. I have gotten within 5 lbs. of my original, realistic goal. I've lost 30 which I'm thrilled with but I want to keep heading toward that dream goal of 50 lbs. lost because I want to wear shorts this summer and I still have more celulite than I want the world to see. I finally had to buy some new cloths. The sales woman talked me into buying some stretch denim Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They are extremely comfortable even though they fit like a second skin. I told her that at age 56 I didn't wear jeans that form fitting. She told me, "You have to buy those jeans. They were made for you - trust me, they're the right size." Well, I've been wearing them and have been getting so many complements. Fun, fun, fun! I'm going back for another pair! My 25 year old son just noticed last week that I had lost weight. I was wearing the old baggy jeans. He said you ought to get yourself some more jeans that fit you mom. I found some Gloria Vandrbilt Jeans at Cosco for $15.99. Grabbed a size 10, brought them home and they fit. Went back and got another pair. I think they're great for hanging out in. Unfortunately, at my book club meeting the hostess opened a bottle of Champaign to celebrate my 30 lb weight loss. So sweet, I couldn't turn it down. Kicked me right out of ketosis even though I only had half a glass. But sometimes when your girls are toasting you - you've just gotta go with it. Have a great weekend everyone.
The champagne wouldn't have knocked you out of ketosis...although on a ketostix it might show it for a few hours while it burns the alcohol in the champagne. Unless you ate something else. I see you have been on the diet since October. How is it going? Have you followed phase I the whole time or taken times off. I too have been on since the fall....started last September. I am close to finishing...I hope to be done by the middle of June. congrats
Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #324  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a great OP day. Today is day # 4 for me of being perfect OP. I have a plan for the weekend so I should be ok.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #325  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Well not sure what to think about my bootcamp experience after this morning. Down 3 more pounds and at 107 I should be moving to phase 2 and it's not happening. Because I haven't been consuming cooked protein my coach is afraid that phase 2 would be no much to fast, sooooo
I have to do a "real" phase 1 for at least a week, maybe 2... AGH!

Good god, someone pass me a loaded gun.... lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi from Israel everyone!
\Just chiming in to say I am eating everything in sight except for massive amounts of sugar, but still...I can see myself poofing out a little bit even after just 3 days of eating and drinking stuff I usually save for a free day. This is my first vacation since starting ph4 that every day is a cheat. I'm not going near a scale while here, and just need some encouragement to not worry about it and just get back to basics when I return next thursday, right? Any experienced "break takers" feel free to chime in and tell me I can take the extra weight off when I get home. thanks guys
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #327  

Quote:
I am 5'6", 184 lbs (PEAR) and wear a 12 pant. They are starting to be a bit loose. You'll meet your goal, no problem!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hi from Israel everyone!
\Just chiming in to say I am eating everything in sight except for massive amounts of sugar, but still...I can see myself poofing out a little bit even after just 3 days of eating and drinking stuff I usually save for a free day. This is my first vacation since starting ph4 that every day is a cheat. I'm not going near a scale while here, and just need some encouragement to not worry about it and just get back to basics when I return next thursday, right? Any experienced "break takers" feel free to chime in and tell me I can take the extra weight off when I get home. thanks guys
Sadly I have grown quite experienced in this. I went on a cruise in February and ate and drank whatever I wanted (lots of martinis and beer) for 9 days. When I returned the scale was up 13 pounds, within seven/eight days I was down the 13 plus another pound.

I went to the Finger Lakes for a wine weekend....I choose not to step on the scale for 6 days and when I did I was down a pound.

I went to Bucks County, PA (wine weekend) and to Atlantic City last week and as of this morning (back home 8 days now)...I am down a pound and a half from when I left.

So relax enjoy eat and drink what you want (in somewhat moderation) and don't step on the scale for 5 days when you return...drink tons of water and do phase one for 3 days and your weight will be the same as when you left.

Now go have fun.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #329  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Hi Ash!!!

I don't see any rules that say you have to be so far along before you jump in here, so come on in!

I have been 100% protocol since day one and I have been boot camping all the way thru. I was like you, I figured I would hit goal within 6 weeks, 8 weeks max and ya know what? I am on my 13th week. I have been beyond frustrated at times. It really got bad on one weekend when my hubby washed all my jeans in hot water and didn't tell me (he was tired of me saying that they were to big) the next day I went to put them on and I couldn't get them on. I FREAKED! After stewing in my misery for about 5 hours I started crying and when I explain what the matter was, he told me what he did, he had no idea that I couldn't get into them. I'm telling you, that just about de-railed the whole diet, I was about ready to do some serious EATING! lol.

All I can tell you Ash is to keep your head up, look towards your goal and stay focused. That's what I've done thru it all. I do love this diet but brother, I don't want to be on it one more day then I have to. My life of eating to enjoy it (wisely) is out there waiting for me, my "free days" are calling to me but first I have to suceed. We can do this, all of us can do this, we just can't cave into temptation. Remove any and all temptation from your kitchen Ash.

oh I have missed your advice. I laughed (sorry) at what your husband did, that would just freak me out too.

Quote:
I am still at 16-18 more 16s but I want so much to be a 14 as I haven't been there for ohhhh 15 years... and I just dream about the 8 & 10s.. hopefully some day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Well not sure what to think about my bootcamp experience after this morning. Down 3 more pounds and at 107 I should be moving to phase 2 and it's not happening. Because I haven't been consuming cooked protein my coach is afraid that phase 2 would be no much to fast, sooooo
I have to do a "real" phase 1 for at least a week, maybe 2... AGH!

Good god, someone pass me a loaded gun.... lol.
OH that is too bad you look so forward to phase 2 and have a set back like that. Hoping the next 2 weeks go by fast for you and you hit phase 2 flying..
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #330  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosinthemirror View Post
I too had that nasty surgery the old fashioned way... clearly it didn't last! The scar sure did though! I wish I knew then what I know now! But at least we this appreciate it that much more. Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work!
My former Dr informed me that, "Well, if you don't shorten the intestine enough, it grows back. I prefer to do it the way I do and hope it doesn't." Huh, he didn't mention that before the surgery! The method of doing it changed about 5 years later.
Closed Thread