Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #271  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
i have been a bad, bad girl. time to repent! 2nd day 100% OP, so far anyways! he he

maggie- you are going to be the first person to know when i see that 149 on the scale! i just have to remember not to celebrate with my friend "Bud"! oh, well, it's going to be summer eventually and its gonna happen my friend!

juice- i am a John Size Me since day one! fun name, i like it! calcium and soy are big issues with hypothyroid and most of the veggies on the list are also goitrogenic. most people separate their thyroid med alone first thing in the am and wait at least 1 hour. lots of others. mary shomon has one of the best sites for thyroid, also stop the thyroid madness is a good reference. i personally take armour when i first get up with a full glass of water and then i have my coffee/protein breakfast after i get to work 1-1.5 hrs later. everyone is different, research, research, research! i avoid soy proteins, and use only whey. and wait for 1 hour for my protein because most products have calcium in them.

also what have you decided you like for alternate since you left IP?
Ronda

I use a 100% Whey protein powder from GNC, Isopure zero carb protein powder from GNC and pure protein bars from Walmart. I am getting ready to start phasing off and lifting more. I need more calories to lift and maintain a good workout.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #272  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Since I am doing alternative products since day 1, I have an email that I have ready to go for all those that have been asking about my "secret to success"... I call it "jen's not so round diet!" I figure I am "not quite so round" and since Dr. Tran said it is an unbalanced diet it works that way too...lol. I too got tired of trying to explain it over and over. Get to feeling a bit like a broken record. And most of them hear no carbs or no fruit and say no way they could do it! I just do a little carrot dance say " the day will come when you are ready! Let me know and I will send the email" I smile and walk away smiling... I figure in another 50 pounds they will be knocking down my door! So glad to have all you chicks who understand! Keep up the good work my friends!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Can someone on this thread help me? I posted on the daily chat also, but thought I would here too. Can I use peanut butter on my toast in place of the butter? Is a whole english muffin the same as 2 pieces of toast? The whole grain english muffins I have are 16 grams for 1/2 of one. That seemed like a lot to me so I only ate half. Do I have to eat both the egg and ham or just one or the other? And last, is the yogurt the sweetened kind or unsweetened? My coach wasn`t real helpful and I don`t know what I`m doing here! I`m also feeling really guilty for all this food I`m eating and freaked that I`m going to gain weight back, on top of not losing for 5 weeks now. I thought maybe phase 3 would shake my body up a bit and let go of the last 8 pounds. We`ll see.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

hi all, I am currently surfing the Nashua site for alternative products,.... not sure yet, if I will try. For anyone who has been on that site AND purchased AND had success... which ones do you choose? there ARE SO MANY on that site !!!!!! omg.... suggestions? and tks
Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #275  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
hi all, I am currently surfing the Nashua site for alternative products,.... not sure yet, if I will try. For anyone who has been on that site AND purchased AND had success... which ones do you choose? there ARE SO MANY on that site !!!!!! omg.... suggestions? and tks
I have used the pancakes, the hot chocolate (aspertame free) and some of the bars (some are exactly like IP bars). I have also purchased my choc soy puffs from Nashua.
Good Luck!!

Hey everyone.
OP all day yesterday. Now to stay OP all day today. Then hopefully my friend ketosis will come visit me tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I have used the pancakes, the hot chocolate (aspertame free) and some of the bars (some are exactly like IP bars). I have also purchased my choc soy puffs from Nashua.
Good Luck!!

Hey everyone.
OP all day yesterday. Now to stay OP all day today. Then hopefully my friend ketosis will come visit me tomorrow.
THANKS! and the taste? the choc soy puffs...good?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #277  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Hi everyone!!!

Yes, I know it's been awhile since I've stopped by, I just got real burned out with the daily chat, so I sat in the corner with my IP butterscotch pudding, all by myself.

Yes Ronda... I know how bad you've been, but those days are behind you know and you are on a roll to the finish line, huh? I have those when you are good, and I also have the when you are bad, so don't make me use it on ya!

I am still on this damn bootcamp, I hit my goal weight (110) at my last weigh in, coach wants to keep me on phase one until I hit 107. I so highly doubt that I got 3 pounds off this week, maybe 2 but not 3. WI isn't until Thursday, if sure would be awesome if the extra day gave me an extra pound... lol.

I have been mixing in a few alternative products to my IP stuff. You should see my pantry shelf that is loaded with all sorts of low carb stuff (yes, I am OCD and I'm "nesting" for phase 4, baby) I have ordered some stuff from Lindora. The Apple crunch pudding is really good and their dark chocolate pudding is pretty good, but it's mighty sweet. I have several other items but haven't had them yet since they are "restricted." Rondar (bless her beautiful heart) turned me on to Syntex Nectar from netrution and it's darn good too! I recommend buying the assortment package so you can try them all and then decide what you like best. Twisted cherry & Green Apple (the only two I've had) are delish!!!

I am struggling with trying to find a replacement for the IP RTD's. I found GNC Lean body... looked pretty good at first glance, 2 grams of carbs but 170 calories per serving.. YIKES! I think that's high. It maybe ok once I'm off plan, but not right now. Rondar and so many of you have written about the Premier drinks from Costcos. Well I read that they changed their formula about 2 or 3 months ago and the chocolate is terrible. I don't know if they changed the vanilla or not. If anybody has any info on that, it would be greatly appreciated. I would just buy the Lindora's RTD but the dang things are always out of stock.

Just wanted to pop in and give a shout out to my girl, Rondar and tell all of you that I'm thinking of ya!!! Let's get this protocol over!!!

Have a awesome day and everyone stay OP!!! *staring at Rondar* lol!

Sherry
Old 04-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #278  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Do tell more about the Syntex Nectar... Do you just mix it with water? Is it in place of your shakes? Are you getting it from netrition.com? Does it have the same protein coating after feeling that the fruity drinks have? They sound interesting!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #279  

Hey Hey Whos!

Yes, you mix it with water and your shaker. It mixes very easily and it's a clean kind of fruit juice you could say. Let me find the specs for ya.
39-0024
Syntrax
Nectar, Apple Ecstasy
2.11 lb.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (27g)
Servings Per Container: 36

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 90

Calories From Fat 0 0

Total Fat 0 g 0%

Saturated Fat 0 g 0%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol <5 mg 1%

Sodium 60 mg 3%

Potassium 120 mg 3%

Total Carbohydrates 0 g 0%

Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%

Sugars 0 g

Protein 23 g 46%

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 15%
Iron 0%
Phosphorus 8%
Magnesium 6%

Average Amino Acid Profile Per 100 Grams of Protein
L-Leucine 11.9 g
L-Isoleucine 6.7 g
L-Valine 6.2 g
L-Lysine 9.7 g
L-Methionine 2.0 g
L-Phenylalanine 3.3 g
L-Threonine 7.2 g
L-Tryptophan 2.1 g
L-Arginine 2.4 g
L-Glutamic Acid (Glutamine) 7.4 g
L-Histidine 1.7 g

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Aspartame free.

Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Acesulfame-K, Sucralose, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1.

Recommended Use: Based on taste preference, mix one scoop of Nectar per 8-16 ounces of water. For those with lower protein needs, one half scoop may be consumed with 4-8 ounces of water. Consume Nectar two to three times per day to satisfy your protein requirements. Remember, the best times for supplementing protein are immediately upon rising in the morning, after intense physical activity such as weight training and prior to sleep. Nectar mixes instantly with a spoon and tastes great.

I paid 23.00 for 13 packets, 1.77 each and it's the assortment of flavors, and baby, that have a lot of flavors!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #280  

Whooppsss...

Yes, I use it instead of a IP packet and yes I buy it a Netition Rondar is an angel for sharing that little tid bit with me.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaf373 View Post
Hang in there, and be careful not to restrict too much. It happens to everyone.

How long have you been stuck? I find my plateaus last about three weeks. Or maybe that's just how long it takes for me to freak out about them and do something drastic. ;-)
I'm on week 2 of 174. In the 'old' days I would have upped the exercise and limited the calories, this whole new way of thinking and eating is so confusing... I had the apple puffs for breakfast, large salad for lunch with Evoo and vinegar, probably fish for supper. I'm not exercising today! Maybe that will help.
I've tried more protein, extra restricted, extra water, oil, etc. Nothing is working yet!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #282  

Mama....

Are you eating your 4 cups of veggies a day? How much water are you drinking? Are you one week 2 of phase 1? I'm sorry, I'm confused about your statement of week 2 of 174.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
I bought from Nashu three times, once I had to pay customs but was still cheaper then IP. Bought some bars, coco puffs wich i think are the same.

For me it wasnt good, I had all these goodies in my house and sometimes ate two a day and wanted more, so..........just buy what I need now lol. The bars I tried were ok, I could live without them, You have to check wich ones you pick, some are the same some are alot more carbs.

Bought the cheese protien puffs, the same amount of protien and carbs, but about half the size, so not sure if it works out cheaper. I liked the taste of them better, I find the southwest at ip sometimes too spicey but thats just me, they make me drink more water lol

Last edited by locks; 04-27-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
Can someone on this thread help me? I posted on the daily chat also, but thought I would here too. Can I use peanut butter on my toast in place of the butter? Is a whole english muffin the same as 2 pieces of toast? The whole grain english muffins I have are 16 grams for 1/2 of one. That seemed like a lot to me so I only ate half. Do I have to eat both the egg and ham or just one or the other? And last, is the yogurt the sweetened kind or unsweetened? My coach wasn`t real helpful and I don`t know what I`m doing here! I`m also feeling really guilty for all this food I`m eating and freaked that I`m going to gain weight back, on top of not losing for 5 weeks now. I thought maybe phase 3 would shake my body up a bit and let go of the last 8 pounds. We`ll see.
No, PB is too high in fat. Your suppose to keep your fat gms 15 and under for the entire bfast. Fat and protein you add up for your entire meal. (fat 15 and under and protein at least 25 gms). There is actually a peanut butter powder, something called PB2, at health food stores that you mix w/water. I haven't tried it yet but my hubby says it is actually really good and you can have that (it is only 4.5 gms fat/2TBS).

Generally a whole english muffin=2pc toast. Usually you have to look for a whole grain/whole wheat muffin ~25 gms Carb. but EAT THE WHOLE THING! You can have up to 30 gms Carb from grains, so do it!!

No, you can eat all egg or all ham if you want. I found a Bagel THIN at the store yesterday that fits under 30 gms carb and it makes a yummy egg, ham, cheese breakfast sandwich!!

Yogurt--the only kind that is low carb that is recommeded is low fat/no fat PLAIN greek yogurt. On the days I have yogurt, I mix w/granola (as my carb) and berries (as my fruit) so that the yogurt has flavor. Sometimes I add a Stevia, cinnamon, or use less granola and add agave necter.

You are likely to gain weight on phase 3. It is natural as your body hangs on to about 3-4 lbs in glycogen stores as it starts to use the glycogen as its fuel source. It is normal and you should expect it....but it may be a good way to kick your body into gear again by being on phase 3 and then going back to phase 1. That is what I'm doing. I will be on phase 3 for 3 wks and then plan on phase 1 until goal.

Hope this helps you!!

Last edited by serendipityberry; 04-27-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #285  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
THANKS! and the taste? the choc soy puffs...good?
So far I have liked all that I have tried from there. I think the soy puffs are the same. I purchased the peanut vanilla bars (exact as IP), and the pancake is comparable.
Closed Thread