Phase 3 Breakfast Ideas

You're on Page 9 of 25
Go to
  • Quote: Just bumping again as I'm trying to plan for next week. I bought bread today. And raspberries. SOOOOO excited!!!
    Ahhhhhh raspberries.....can't wait until i can have raspberries again!!!!!!
  • Quote: Ahhhhhh raspberries.....can't wait until i can have raspberries again!!!!!!
    Oh, I'll second that. I absolutely love reaspberries and missed them sooooo much this summer.

Rainbow, we'll get there someday.

Molly
  • Quote: Oh, I'll second that. I absolutely love reaspberries and missed them sooooo much this summer.

Rainbow, we'll get there someday.

Molly
    Me, too, on the raspberries. I was thinking about what fruits I'd like to eat the other day in the grocery store, and it was berries and apples. I was thinking about bananas, which were my mainstay before, and my mind just doesn't want that sweetness again.

Oh, to someday have those Phase 3 breakfasts.....
  • When you get to phase 3 remember fruit is just sugar...I have never been able to add much without gaining...
  • Quote: When you get to phase 3 remember fruit is just sugar...I have never been able to add much without gaining...
    Yes, that's why I didn't want bananas. Berries and apples are better.
  • Quote: Ooohh, I LOVE trying out new pancake recipes! I may throw in some canned pumpkin (as my 'fruit') to get into the October spirit!

I put some organic pumpkin butter in my pancake mix and WOW - I loved it!! Didn't even need too much! Great idea!
  • I just got the info for Phase 32 last night from my coach. Allthe details seem overwhelming. I will start it on Friday. I am sure once I figure out the nutritional value of a few favorites, it will go pretty easy. Everything sounds great!
  • A big THANK YOU to all of you that shared your ideas on phase 3 breakfasts, especially LizRR! Spent most of the afternoon putting 1/2 dozen breakfast options on a spreadsheet so that I am ready to move on next week... (Skipping phase 2.)
  • bump
  • Bipity-bopity-bump!
  • Bump - looking for Phase 3 ideas for my VIP - he's going to love me forever and ever and ever and ever with the pumpkin pie recipe.

Thanks Liz!
  • Quote: Bump - looking for Phase 3 ideas for my VIP - he's going to love me forever and ever and ever and ever with the pumpkin pie recipe.

Thanks Liz!
    BON APETIT!! Tomorrow I am on for "breakfast Tuesday" in the lab. Made a french-toast-casserole/bread-pudding hybrid. Used cubed cinammon raisin sprouted bread, a layer of low fat ricotta, layer of rhubarb-raspberry-strawberry jam, layer of fresh cranberries, top layer of bread, poured a whisked mixture of egg whites, eggs,, fat free evaporated milk, vanilla, cinammon, & sweetener. It is soaking overnight, ready to bake tomorrow AM. Serving with choice of maple syrup,WF pancake syrup, whipped cream, & leftover jam. I am in Phase 4, and this is a lab of 20-something skinny guys, so I was liberal in my measurements. If it is successful i will figure out ratios for a 'proper P3' meal.

A much better option than the usual kolaches, donuts, or burritos!
  • Phasing off for vacation (skipping P2) in a few weeks so i'm starting to prepare. (Day after vaation I'm back to P1 for the last 20-ish pounds!).

I just copied pretty much every recipe and idea off of this thread.

Thanks everyone!!

Merry Christmas!
  • Phase 3 and supplements?
    Hi folks, day two on Phase III and really did not want to bug my coach in Christmas Eve although I know she would not mind at all but that is the way I am. The question I have is, do I stop taking certain supplements when I start phase III? I know my doc was concerned about a potassium supplement until he saw the phase I routine but now that I am starting on carbs should I stop taking certain supplements?
  • Quote: Hi folks, day two on Phase III and really did not want to bug my coach in Christmas Eve although I know she would not mind at all but that is the way I am. The question I have is, do I stop taking certain supplements when I start phase III? I know my doc was concerned about a potassium supplement until he saw the phase I routine but now that I am starting on carbs should I stop taking certain supplements?
    Hi! I did stop the potassium when I started phase 3. You should be getting pretty close to a balanced diet, and it is probably not needed. I continued the others.

Merry Christmas!