3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Phase 3 Breakfast Ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html)

scorbett1103 10-17-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandi85 (Post 4500712)
I am getting some conflicting info. Do we still need 1 IP everyday in Phase 3, are all veggies allowed now?

Side note: Can we have raw nuts in PH3?

Here's a link to the Phase 3 sheet from the Newbie thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4189216-post2.html

On the first page it states that the ONLY meal that changes between phase 2 and 3 is breakfast - which would mean that you are still measuring your veggies (4 cups per day as in phase 2), and still having the IP product snack.

You should be able to incorporate nuts into your breakfast, but I'd be curious how people count them (as protein or fat). I would probably be inclined to count them as a fat, but it's a bit of a gray area.

LizRR 10-17-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4500749)
Another good one that I've been doing ... this makes 12 pancakes. 1 serving is 6 pancakes. 1 serving nutrition is:

240 calories
6 g fat
16 g net carbs
0 sugars
8 g protein

1/2 cup coconut flour
6 eggs
3 tbsp stevia
1 tsp (or more to taste) vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp salt

whisk liquids, then add powders and whisk. Mixture should be the consistency of regular pancake mix (I find if I use extra large eggs, I need to add some flour)

Do on griddle on med-high heat.

Serve with fresh berries and WF syrup. YUMMY!

Ooohh, I LOVE trying out new pancake recipes! I may throw in some canned pumpkin (as my 'fruit') to get into the October spirit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandi85 (Post 4500712)
I am getting some conflicting info. Do we still need 1 IP everyday in Phase 3, are all veggies allowed now?

Side note: Can we have raw nuts in PH3?

You still have 1 IP as your snack in Phase 3.
You are still on the same Veggie List in Phase 3 that you were in Phase 1 and 2.
You can add in raw nuts in Phase 3 in your Breakfast.

IPdivajen 10-18-2012 08:55 AM

bumping as I'm making my way towards phase 3!

locopollo 10-18-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4501343)
bumping as I'm making my way towards phase 3!

Congratulations! And I love the wedding dress photo! Wow! :D

healthyangie 10-18-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4500848)
Ooohh, I LOVE trying out new pancake recipes! I may throw in some canned pumpkin (as my 'fruit') to get into the October spirit!

Good idea! One recipe did call for applesauce but I'm not a huge fan of that. I AM a huge fan of pumpkin though!!!

Samkatmom 10-18-2012 01:49 PM

Next Wednesday (Oct. 24), I start Phase 3. IP has been great and I am so appreciative of my coach and this forum. I have decided not to reintroduce grains into my diet (I sure will miss my bars). Has anyone else done this and what has been your experience?

drakegirl 10-19-2012 02:46 PM

I start phase 3 on Monday and read this whole thread - it's great and Lizz - you are AMAZING (where do you find the time to make all of this stuff??)

I loved the idea of a banana peanut butter sandwich for breakfast - it's fast, filling, and one of my favorite things on earth to eat - but when I looked up Jif peanut butter - it is 16g of fat and 190 calories -

So what peanut butter do you all use and what is your favorite bread? Thanks!

healthyangie 10-19-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkatmom (Post 4501722)
Next Wednesday (Oct. 24), I start Phase 3. IP has been great and I am so appreciative of my coach and this forum. I have decided not to reintroduce grains into my diet (I sure will miss my bars). Has anyone else done this and what has been your experience?

I started to and felt really yucky so I backed off to just about no grains. I've been using coconut flour and almond flour in different recipes. I like it much better this way! I must have been intoleratant to a certain extent before but just didn't realize it.

See my previous post on coconut flour pancakes (just a few posts up) - that's how I did my carbs in the morning.

Remember you can always use the proti diet bars and IP bars still.

healthyangie 10-19-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakegirl (Post 4502871)
I start phase 3 on Monday and read this whole thread - it's great and Lizz - you are AMAZING (where do you find the time to make all of this stuff??)

I loved the idea of a banana peanut butter sandwich for breakfast - it's fast, filling, and one of my favorite things on earth to eat - but when I looked up Jif peanut butter - it is 16g of fat and 190 calories -

Try PB2 it's a powdered PB made with coconut sugar, you just add water and it's great!

ingredients - organic peanuts, organic coconut sugar, sea salt

2 tbsp
45 calories
fat 1.5 g
carbs 5g -1g fiber Net 4g
sugars 2g
protein 4g

Bread's a tough call - I like putting my PB on an apple but peppridge farms has some really good breads like the ancient grains and the all natural.

LizRR 10-19-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakegirl (Post 4502871)

I use regular pb usually, fat doesnt scare me much anymore, PB2 and Fitnutz are two brands of powdered pb you can check out on netrition.com

As for bread, i list the brand and stats in my recipe info. Generally lean towards the lowest cal, ~35-40. calories/slice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkatmom (Post 4501722)

I have been cutting down on the grains, out of both laziness and vanity with no ill effects. I found i get slight bloating with bread, dont crave it, and its easy to make the custard for pumpkin pie or cheesecake with no crust, thats my fave part anyway!

drakegirl 10-21-2012 09:42 PM

My cholesterol is high so I was thinking of egg beaters rather than whole eggs. Is that a bad thing?

momat40 10-22-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4475438)
Ingredients
1 Egg
4 oz Egg Whites
1/3 cup Part Skim Ricota Cheese
1/3 cup Sugar-free Pancake Mix
4 tbsp No-Calorie Sweetener (to taste)
1 Lemon, juice & zest
Fruit Serving: 3 Apricots, 1 cup Strawberries, etc

Directions
1. Mix together Egg, Egg Whites, Ricotta Cheese, Sweetener, and Lemon juice & zest together. I used a fork..
2. Add in Pancake Mix and gently mix together with a fork (don't want to over mix).
3. Slice up Strawberries, or fruit serving of choice, make your coffee, etc while you cook up your pancakes.

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product_____________________Serving____Fat_______C arbs______Protein____Cal

Protein-------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Eggs..................1 egg..... 5.0g ..... 0.0g...... 6.0g...... 70
AllWhites Egg Whites........4 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 13g ....... 67

Grain------------------------------------------- <30g --------------------
Maple Farms of VT SF Pancake...1/3c... 3.7g ..... 8Ng ..... 16g ...... 120

Fruit------------------------------------------- <20g --------------------
Strawberries................1 cup..... 0.0g ..... 12.8g .... 1g ....... 53

Dairy------------------------------------------- <15g --------------- <120
Lowfat Ricotta Cheese.......1/3 cup... 3.3g ...... 4.0g .... 6.7g ..... 80

TOTAL_______________________________ <15.0g ______________ >25.0g___400-500
......................................12.0g ......24.8g ....42.7g .....390

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e34b822.jpg

*These were some of the best pancakes I have EVER had. They come out 'melt in your mouth', which isn't a way I have described pancakes before, even using the 'low-carb' pancake mix.
*i didnt need any WF Pancake Syrup, but I did put sweetener in the mix.

Liz,

I finally got around to making these today... delicioso. Thank you for the recipe. I've been mostly using the PB2 with Ezequiel bread or eggs w/toast & bacon or Kashi cereal, so these pancakes were a nice change. They didn't take long to make either!

LizRR 10-22-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakegirl (Post 4504774)
My cholesterol is high so I was thinking of egg beaters rather than whole eggs. Is that a bad thing?

I've been working on cutting out the 'whole eggs' myself for the same reason. I've been moving towards all egg whites and haven't noticed any differences. I don't see why Egg Beaters would be bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by momat40 (Post 4505106)
Liz,

I finally got around to making these today... delicioso. Thank you for the recipe. I've been mostly using the PB2 with Ezequiel bread or eggs w/toast & bacon or Kashi cereal, so these pancakes were a nice change. They didn't take long to make either!

I LOVE those freaking ricotta pancakes! I'm going to try some with Low Fat Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Puree and see how they turn out. I'm inspired by October!

Momto2cs 10-23-2012 05:27 PM

You are missing out on good fat and nutrients in the yolk. Cholesterol seems to becoming an issue of the past. Recent studies have shown low cholesterol associated with higher risk of death.

I would keep the yolks!

IPdivajen 10-28-2012 12:23 PM

Just bumping again as I'm trying to plan for next week. I bought bread today. And raspberries. SOOOOO excited!!! :)