Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Busting through a stall

So, the scale is currently stuck...I was up around half a pound at WI on Wednesday and it isn't coming down. I've had a bit of cardio and other than feeling a little tired this week, I'm not sure what the cause is.

There are probably several of you that have had a similar stall, what would you recommend?
JSorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
So, the scale is currently stuck...I was up around half a pound at WI on Wednesday and it isn't coming down. I've had a bit of cardio and other than feeling a little tired this week, I'm not sure what the cause is.

There are probably several of you that have had a similar stall, what would you recommend?
A stall is 6 weeks with no movement or something. We all have better and worse weeks. Just stay the course. Think of "the Biggest Loser" -- even those guys have weeks where they just know the contestants are not going to lose much weight, despite the coaching, food prep, and hours in the gym. Your body is adjusting. Stuff is happening. Be patient.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Are you measuring inches too? Sometimes even when the scale doesn't move there are still inches disappearing. Stick with it the scale will eventually move in the right direction.
cooluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #4  

It looks like it hasn't even been a week yet?
Weight loss isn't linear. It mostly happens in fits and starts.

As previously mentioned, a true stall is at least 4-6 weeks, not a few days.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-27-2014 at 10:22 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #5  

I'm impatient, I know, but with my upcoming surgery and the coach wanting me to go on to phase 2 in two weeks because of the surgery, I'm feeling anxious about maximizing my loss this time out as I can.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
I'm impatient, I know, but with my upcoming surgery and the coach wanting me to go on to phase 2 in two weeks because of the surgery, I'm feeling anxious about maximizing my loss this time out as I can.
First - other than staying 100% On Plan, there really isn't anything you can do to speed up the loss. However, even at 100% on plan, stressing over this (and probably the surgery too, even if subconsciously) could stall potential losses. Anxiety and Stress cause the release of cortisol which can inhibit weight loss. So take a deep breath and relax.

Also, I know several people who have been through surgery encouraged you to talk more in depth about the eating plan with your surgeon, not your coach, to determine if you can remain OP throughout,. You may not even need to go to Phase Two! (Though perhaps you have already had that talk with your doctors.)

I suggest staying off the scale until your next weigh-in and ust let the plan work, regardless of what changes you may be making to it in the near future. No mater what, you know you can get back to full on IP after your surgery!

Best to you as you move forward!!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-27-2014 at 01:14 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, I've lost 3 pounds in the last 30 days ... with the last 2 being just this week. So I can't even say I was in a stall even though I was beginning to think I was. Six months in, my average is 1.7 pounds a week, 8 pounds a month; but I am not currently losing at that rate. My average is being skewed down as we speak; but currently for the last 30 days, it's 1.3 a week. However, that does not mean that I literally see a 1.3 loss on the scale every single week. Gosh, I'd be thrilled if I literally saw it every week. So I am also currently trying to figure out how to jumpstart it back to 1.7 a week and close to double digits for the month. No clue how to ensure that. So I'll just keep on keeping on.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #8  

Thanks to you all for your responses. I'm going to try to dial back on my workouts a teeny bit ( I do get carried away sometimes ) and see if that helps. Insofar as controlling stress, well, I sure do try, but it is difficult. Putting on smaller clothes will surely help.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Finally Bust through my stall. I lost almost 2.4 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Which is huge since I was stuck for 6 weeks. I am finally in my 130's so excited
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Finally Bust through my stall. I lost almost 2.4 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Which is huge since I was stuck for 6 weeks. I am finally in my 130's so excited
Yay! Good for you and your milestone!