3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   can't find the recipe for crispy cereal pancakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228188-cant-find-recipe-crispy-cereal-pancakes.html)

kellibelli 03-16-2011 05:13 PM

can't find the recipe for crispy cereal pancakes

I read a post somewhere (though I can't find it for the life of me) where someone made pancakes out of the crispy cereal packet. I'm in phase 1 and I want to see if it is something I can...but alas I can't find the flippin' thing.

jd447 03-16-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellibelli (Post 3761449)
I read a post somewhere (though I can't find it for the life of me) where someone made pancakes out of the crispy cereal packet. I'm in phase 1 and I want to see if it is something I can...but alas I can't find the flippin' thing.

Here's the recipe as I copied it off one of the lists:

To make the pancakes, this is what I do...
Crunch up a packet of crispy cereal
in a small bowl
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of baking powder
cinnamin to taste
add cereal and mix well..
cook just as you would a regular pancake.
I eat mine with WF syrup!

momoffive 03-16-2011 05:20 PM

I love these. Some crush their packets and some don't..

a little baking powder, stevia, vanilla, egg white (2), but I use 1... some cinnamon and nutmeg.. and a little water.. maybe 4 oz..

then i use olive oil to fry them up. i can usually get 3 pancakes. Today I used coconut oil and they were tasty.

I put I cant believe its not butter spray and some WF syrup on them Good Luck, Ive had to experiment a lot...

kellibelli 03-16-2011 05:28 PM

XOXOXO Muaa!!! Thank you guys. :)

kellibelli 03-16-2011 05:38 PM

I am positively SHOCKED at how good that is!

locks 03-18-2011 07:51 AM

Wow this was so good, i added the water because it was too thick, and used blueberry WF syrup, was like heaven. Felt like it was a cheat lol

disgal 03-19-2011 08:45 AM

Been having them for breakfast for a few mornings now!! ;) Just made some for DH (he's on IP as well)....and he LOVED them!!! It's so great that they're not a restricted food 'cuz I really enjoy having something crunchy for my evening snack!!;)

GettingItOff 03-19-2011 12:18 PM

So we are allowed to add other items like egg whites to our food? I didn't think we could. That pancake sounds delish and if it's on program, I'd like to try that!

disgal 03-20-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettingItOff (Post 3765531)
So we are allowed to add other items like egg whites to our food? I didn't think we could. That pancake sounds delish and if it's on program, I'd like to try that!

That's a very good question!! Altho I'm using the egg white from just one egg, I also wonder if it's allowed. I thought I saw it somewhere on the boards, but I'm going to ask at my next weigh-in just to be safe...

Anyone know?

GettingItOff 03-20-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disgal (Post 3766420)
That's a very good question!! Altho I'm using the egg white from just one egg, I also wonder if it's allowed. I thought I saw it somewhere on the boards, but I'm going to ask at my next weigh-in just to be safe...

Anyone know?

I went to my WI yesterday and my coach said no. She reiterated that the program is scientifically based and when we keep adding or subtracting things we compromise our results, which, makes sense.

disgal 03-20-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettingItOff (Post 3766641)
I went to my WI yesterday and my coach said no. She reiterated that the program is scientifically based and when we keep adding or subtracting things we compromise our results, which, makes sense.

Thanks for checking....guess we can scratch that recipe off our list of yummy things to eat. :( Definitely don't want to compromise our results....just want to get this DONE!! thanks again!! :)

locks 03-20-2011 07:26 PM

Are we allowed to use the I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER spray?

GettingItOff 03-20-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locks (Post 3767109)
Are we allowed to use the I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER spray?

Yes we can. :carrot::cool:

locks 04-01-2011 06:38 PM

I asked my coach about adding the egg whites, she said it was ok. Some people add an egg when they are hungry, or eat more protien, she said it wouldnt change my loss. I was glad because they are so good!

meowmisan 04-01-2011 06:46 PM

I saw this recipe earlier in the week and have been waiting for the weekend to try them (it will feel like treat, for sure).

I had my first weigh in yesterday and asked my coach if adding egg whites would be ok...she also said it was fine.