Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/23/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-23-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

What frustrates me is that my clothes tell me I have lost weight (from size 28 to size 18),but my brain says that I haven't changed at all.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 373/331/195

Good morning everybody,

I had my 4th WI yesterday, and it was 4.2pds, for a total of 25 pds so far! Yay!

I have to say I can't believe how easy it's been so far. I mean sure I've had a number of the side-effects, and some cravings, but really all in all not too bad. In fact, I can't understand why people (especially those in my position with a lot to lose) would consider any other option than IP. I can't imagine choosing weight loss surgery over a non-invasive program like this one.

Today I have my 'women's appt' with the gyno so I can't say I have a great day ahead, but at least I'm facing it 25 pds lighter.

My biggest celebration from yesterday is that I now weigh the lowest I have in four years... I feel like I've given myself back four years of life!

Anyhow, that's my early morning thoughts for the day.

I can't wait to read about others successes and to celebrate with them. Thank you everyone for your inspiring stories. I'm learning so much.

Laurel
Old 10-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 373/331/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
What frustrates me is that my clothes tell me I have lost weight (from size 28 to size 18),but my brain says that I haven't changed at all.
Interesting. Why do you feel like your brain thinks you haven't changed at all? Do you mean you still think of yourself as heavier? Or that your body image hasn't changed?

Size 28 to 18 is a huge transformation! I'm sure those around you have noticed a big difference.

Do you have photos of yourself when you started? Maybe it would help to have a look at those and remind your brain of where you started.

(or maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, in which case ignore my rambling! )
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyCat View Post
Good morning everybody,

I had my 4th WI yesterday, and it was 4.2pds, for a total of 25 pds so far! Yay!

I have to say I can't believe how easy it's been so far. I mean sure I've had a number of the side-effects, and some cravings, but really all in all not too bad. In fact, I can't understand why people (especially those in my position with a lot to lose) would consider any other option than IP. I can't imagine choosing weight loss surgery over a non-invasive program like this one.

Today I have my 'women's appt' with the gyno so I can't say I have a great day ahead, but at least I'm facing it 25 pds lighter.

My biggest celebration from yesterday is that I now weigh the lowest I have in four years... I feel like I've given myself back four years of life!

Anyhow, that's my early morning thoughts for the day.

I can't wait to read about others successes and to celebrate with them. Thank you everyone for your inspiring stories. I'm learning so much.

Laurel
Laurel,

Congrats on getting your journey to a healthier you. You are on your way.

Great attitude.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi KathrynRose,

I know you are not alone. I've been on this forum for the last 9 months and have experienced about the same size loss as you (26 to 18). I know that I, and have read of many others who's brain's just don't see themselves as changed.

It helps to post pictures of yourself through the loss journey. I hate pictures, but still have done that and it somewhat helps. It's really something you have to work on. Stand in front of the mirror and realize you're smaller. Sit in a chair that was tight and realize you're smaller, etc.

With this, I find it's hard to go in stores and not look at 1X and 2X tops and pants with a W after the number, BUT those just don't fit anymore. I think with the rapid loss, it's harder for our brain to catch up with our image. Plus, everyone suffers somewhat with having a challenge seeing themselves as they are. Especially those of us who are negative thinkers to start with, ME!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #7  

Hi All, I know the feeling of the brain staying "fat" while the clothes and scale say otherwise. I am frustrated because I am not losing as fast as others but still trying to tell myself its just the way my body loses weight. I was all dressed and ready for work this morning and looked in the mirror. OMG! I had to change because everything looked so big on me. At first I was frustrated but then I laughed at myself! Isn't this why I went on this program?!!!! YES! Yall look WONDERFUL!! I hope to be down 31 lbs by Christmas! NOT GIVING UP!!! Im in it to win it!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I can relate. I know the sizes have dropped and I look better in clothes. It's just standing infront of the mirror after I get out of the shower, it doesnt look like I lost 40 lbs.

Maybe when we get closer to goal we will start seeing ourselves differently.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #9  
Started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile First week!

Good morning! This is my second day on IP. So far so good. This is my first post but have been reading up. I had a hard time getting my salad down last night so I am definently taking advantage of some of your recipes. Thanks for the support you provide through all your posts!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hello All!!!

I recently signed up for 3fatchicks. I've been on IP for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 8lbs. My mother is a success story, she was on IP and lost 50 lbs and is maintaining now. My brother also lost 100 lbs on IP. So I figured, if it worked for my family =) it worth a try. Here I am 2 weeks in and I love it!!! A little worried because in a 11 days I'll be on a cruise and will cheat. ;( But I went in knowing that. Has anyone gone off IP for a week? What was that like and did you gain a lot of the weight back????

Can't wait to hear for ya'll!

Last edited by IntheEvening; 10-23-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: d
Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #11  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Today is my first day of eating my IP meals in a different order and day two of taking Calm, to get me out of the no weight loss doldrums. We changed the order to have me eat the heavier bulkier meals early in the day and my last two be light. So lunch at breakfast, dinner at lunch and breakfast at dinner. Snack stays the same for this week at least! Chicken noodle soup with steamed cauliflower at 6amisn't bad!! My 1-2 restricteds are to be at breakfast time on weekends before I hike or other more strenuous activity. Wish me luck!!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Hello All!!!

I recently signed up for 3fatchicks. I've been on IP for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 8lbs. My mother is a success story, she was on IP and lost 50 lbs and is maintaining now. My brother also lost 100 lbs on IP. So I figured, if it worked for my family =) it worth a try. Here I am 2 weeks in and I love it!!! A little worried because in a 11 days I'll be on a cruise and will cheat. ;( But I went in knowing that. Has anyone gone off IP for a week? What was that like and did you gain a lot of the weight back????

I eat when I travel, I mean I really eat. Cruises, oh boy they are all about food.

So when I had to travel to Bahamas, the second week on IP I thought, how will I do that, they really don't have great selection of veggies. I took a small blender with me and I did it. One day I had to work from 8 am to 7 pm and no food from 1 to 7 pm and I did it.

I was told that IP is successful because we need to give the pancreas a total reset. No going in and out of ketosis.

Having said all that, if you planned it, no worries all the best.
Most people tend to walk a lot when they cruise.

Where are you going, for how many days?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/159.5/135

Height: 5' 3"

Good luck Great Dane! Sounds like you are doing all you can and the weight is sure to drop off!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
I eat when I travel, I mean I really eat. Cruises, oh boy they are all about food.

So when I had to travel to Bahamas, the second week on IP I thought, how will I do that, they really don't have great selection of veggies. I took a small blender with me and I did it. One day I had to work from 8 am to 7 pm and no food from 1 to 7 pm and I did it.

I was told that IP is successful because we need to give the pancreas a total reset. No going in and out of ketosis.

Having said all that, if you planned it, no worries all the best.
Most people tend to walk a lot when they cruise.

Where are you going, for how many days?
It's on a cruise to the Caribbean. I'll be exactly off the diet for 8 days. Saturday till Saturday.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Hello All!!!

You might want to read this thread before your cruise. From what people have posted on this thread and others, cheating is the worst thing you can do on IP. It really isn't about gaining wait back, it's about not being able to get back on plan. I recommend you stay 100% IP on the cruise.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html
Closed Thread