Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #151  

Thank you for the response. How do I use the two products? Are each considered one of my meals? Did you use them and see a difference.
Thank you so much for the information....
I've hit stalls or small loss... I'm getting frustrated but won't give up.
20 down and 20 to go... (-;
ceeaimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #152  

BTW wuv2bloved your loss is incredible and you look fabulous...
ceeaimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 215/194.5/150

Height: 5'8"

I think I already know the answer to this but I will ask anyway...
Are we allowed to have turkey bacon in Phase 1?
BirdnTootsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 274/274/165

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdnTootsMom View Post
I think I already know the answer to this but I will ask anyway...
Are we allowed to have turkey bacon in Phase 1?

I don't know if you got a response but I was told yes - up to 2 slices.
CherieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 170/170/115

Height: 5'

Default Does anyone know if the IP is gluten free?

I was recently diagnosed with Celiac and so I can not have anything that has gluten in it. My doctor told me to look into this diet but I do not know if it is celiac friendly or not. Anyone else g-free?
ambersmilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 170/170/115

Height: 5'

Are eggs allowed on phase one?
ambersmilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #157  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersmilz View Post
Are eggs allowed on phase one?
Yes - you can have 2 egg whites a day as a "freebie" or replace your dinner protein with 4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites.

My coach also allowed me to have a hard boiled egg once per day if I was really hungry and having trouble getting through the in-between meals.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #158  
t3b

S/C/G: 222/188/126

Height: 5'1"

Hi! I'm. new to this blogging thing and fairly new to IP. I have read posts where people exercise however my coach said no. I'm on phase 1. Can someone help explain? I was thinking it might help me to exercise. Trying to be 100%!
t3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3b View Post
Hi! I'm. new to this blogging thing and fairly new to IP. I have read posts where people exercise however my coach said no. I'm on phase 1. Can someone help explain? I was thinking it might help me to exercise. Trying to be 100%!
My coach said nothing to raise my heartrate in week 1. After that, I can do mild things like a leisurely walk but nothing strenuous until the first month is over. After my first month we wants me in the gym getting into a weight training routine a few times a week (with added protein on workout days).

Most coaches seem to prefer you wait at least 3 weeks before doing anything that will raise your heartrate. However, my IP branch is located inside my gym so they feel more obligated to allow working out sooner.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #160  
t3b

S/C/G: 222/188/126

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
My coach said nothing to raise my heartrate in week 1. After that, I can do mild things like a leisurely walk but nothing strenuous until the first month is over. After my first month we wants me in the gym getting into a weight training routine a few times a week (with added protein on workout days).

Most coaches seem to prefer you wait at least 3 weeks before doing anything that will raise your heartrate. However, my IP branch is located inside my gym so they feel more obligated to allow working out sooner.
Thank you! I have been wondering about weight training too. I am going to check into it. I think I will feel better exercising. So I have three IP meals (including snack) and one meal of eight ounces of protein. How do you know to eat an extra IP - any exercise or only if heavy exercise?
t3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 217.8/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolChickInAFatSuit View Post
I just checked for the ingredients in MIO and found this:

Here is the ingredient list:

Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

What are you getting here? Propylene Glycol is a clear and slightly bitter liquid that is used to prevent discoloration of foods during storage. It has been shown to cause various diseases in animal studies when consumed in large quantities.

Acesulfame Potassium is a fake sweetener that is potentially carcinogenic.

“Natural Flavor” with fake colors to cause you to imagine the berries depicted on the package. Unfortunately those artificial colors may cause cancer and hyperactivity too.

Last but not least, potassium sorbate is a mold inhibitor* – it allows this product to sit on a shelf for months.

So, Mio is a gobbledegook of chemicals designed to entice consumers, but mostly to increase Kraft profits.

Read the whole article here:
http://blog.fooducate.com/2011/04/11...ng-real-in-it/
Almost everyone will find something "not good"for you in any food. You are concerned about using Mio which i use every day. However, with all respect, your IP food also uses Acesulfame Potassium and silicon dioxide which is used in production of glass and cement. So you could say IP products are not totally healthy for you either. Just saying. Look at your IP ingredients. I love my Mio, it gives me a break from boring.
szzanni86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #162  
IP Start 13-Dec-12

S/C/G: 12/80 lost

Question Looking for IP products WITHOUT sucralose...

Hi all,

I've just started IP this morning and trying to find out which IP foods don't contain sucralose/Splenda as I don't want to ingest it due to the way my body reacts to it (headaches, overall bad feeling, etc.).

I will be using truvia for my tea.

Any tips? I've searched online and on 3FC for a thread that may already have this but no luck. As I'm on my 1st week I only have the samples and so don't have the full boxes to look through all the ingredients.

Thank you!
JulieMango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #163  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMango View Post
Hi all,

I've just started IP this morning and trying to find out which IP foods don't contain sucralose/Splenda as I don't want to ingest it due to the way my body reacts to it (headaches, overall bad feeling, etc.).

Any tips? I've searched online and on 3FC for a thread that may already have this but no luck. As I'm on my 1st week I only have the samples and so don't have the full boxes to look through all the ingredients.

Thank you!
This probably needs to be updated with the new products, but it's a start.

You can also get that info on plainprotein.com. Click on the items and you can see the nutritional side panel.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet (1).pdf (16.6 KB, 84 views)
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #164  
Hangin in!

S/C/G: 169/159/140

Height: 5'6

Default Best IP foods to buy phase 1

I am sure it is listed somewhere, I am still in phase one cheated starting again today! I am kinda lost still when it comes to the forums. Can someone please tell me where I can find a list of the better tasting foods? thanks! so much...I'm frusterated
lulubelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMango View Post
Hi all,

Thank you!
I would suggest pure stevia extract instead of Truvia. Truvia has a high carb count.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote