Ideal Protein -FAQ part 2

You're on Page 13 of 18
Go to
  • IP in Ottawa
    Quote: I have a question but no idea how to post it sorry.
    I read on the IP forum on how to purchase IP products in Canada. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it. Can someone help a newbie who hasn't been on in like forever?
    Thanks
    Just Google "Ideal Protein Diet in Ottawa". I'm sure you'll come up with several clinics. There are at least 3 in Sudbury and we are way smaller than Ottawa!

Good luck with your diet. I've lost almost 30 pounds since Nov. 1st!
  • Love the Mio flavors my coach allows to me to use them but I keep it to once a day after I can't drink any more water just straight.
  • Veggie Question
    I apologize if this has been addresses previously. I've searched the threads and could not find anything. Here's my question: I see yellow squash in quite a few recipes that are supposed to be Phase 1 friendly, but the Phase 1sheet says squash is not allowed. Am I misunderstanding something? Also, I haven't had a chance to check with my coach yet - someone I work with says she puts a boiled egg in her salad, then has only 5 ounces of meat for her dinner. Does anyone else do this? I think it might be easier to get in all my protein. I'm really struggling to get in 8 ounces. I had been doing South Beach diet for the last year and was used to 3 ounces of meat. Quite a bit more!

• Quote: I apologize if this has been addresses previously. I've searched the threads and could not find anything. Here's my question: I see yellow squash in quite a few recipes that are supposed to be Phase 1 friendly, but the Phase 1sheet says squash is not allowed. Am I misunderstanding something? Also, I haven't had a chance to check with my coach yet - someone I work with says she puts a boiled egg in her salad, then has only 5 ounces of meat for her dinner. Does anyone else do this? I think it might be easier to get in all my protein. I'm really struggling to get in 8 ounces. I had been doing South Beach diet for the last year and was used to 3 ounces of meat. Quite a bit more!

Summer squash is allowed (zucchini, yellow squash). Winter squash is not allowed (butternut, acorn, spaghetti).

Feel free to use a hard-boiled egg on your salad then at dinner have only 6 oz.
  • Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! I've been missing my squash!
  • Wow, glad I read about summer squash being allowed....I have missed them too!
  • Quote: Has anyone come across the Mi0 drink flavors? They come in a little squirt bottle to add to water for flavoring. Are these allowed in Phase 1??? There is no aspartame.

Also, what about the Think Thin protein bars as a restricted item? There is no sugar and they are higher in protein (20g) but also higher in carbs. What would be a good carb limit to look for in alternative bars to have as restricted items?

Thanks!
    I have read differing opinions about the Mi0 BUT i have started using them in alcoholic drinks. Vodka and water with Mi0. I don't drink often but I had tried vodka water and it was horrible. Adding the Mi0 made it actually taste good!
  • Quote: I have read differing opinions about the Mi0 BUT i have started using them in alcoholic drinks. Vodka and water with Mi0. I don't drink often but I had tried vodka water and it was horrible. Adding the Mi0 made it actually taste good!
    Alcohol is definitely NOT allowed on IP.
  • Quote: I have read differing opinions about the Mi0 BUT i have started using them in alcoholic drinks. Vodka and water with Mi0. I don't drink often but I had tried vodka water and it was horrible. Adding the Mi0 made it actually taste good!
    Just something to keep in mind if you choose to drink - when you drink alcohol, no matter what else your body is doing to burn fat, your body will ALWAYS switch over and metabolize the alcohol first. So for all the time the vodka is in your system, your body will not be metabolizing the fat you're trying to lose. Yes, vodka is a no carb choice - but it still has a negative effect on your weight loss simply because of how the body metabolizes it. For me, that wasn't worth it - I don't care to spend a minute on Phase 1 longer than I need to
  • To my Fellow Canadians,
    WHat is Walden Farms? I keep reading people talking about ordering those products. I'm on phase 1. So I'm pretty sure I am suppose to just stick with IP/Proti-diet products.
    And also, where can I purchase IP/Proti-diet products online, without purchaing from my coach?

Thank you.
  • Quote: To my Fellow Canadians,
    WHat is Walden Farms? I keep reading people talking about ordering those products. I'm on phase 1. So I'm pretty sure I am suppose to just stick with IP/Proti-diet products.
    And also, where can I purchase IP/Proti-diet products online, without purchaing from my coach?

Thank you.
    Walden Farms makes a line of dressings and spreads that are 0 fat/0 carbs/0 sugars so they are acceptable to use in moderation on P1.
  • Is it considered cheating if you snack on your veggies between meals, or should you only do that with lettuce?
  • As long as you stick with your 4 cups daily allowance you are fine to eat them whenever. Some people find going3-4 hrs between meals helps their weightloss but everyone is different. It is whatever works for you to make this diet work for you. Good luck.
  • Hi

I hope this is the right place for this question -

I am trying to choke down the rotini pasta (the version with no soy). I am wondering if I did not cook it long enough because it tastes TERRIBLE. The texture is really awful.

So, the question is - since it's not on the preparation instructions - how long do you cook the pasta? THanks in advance
  • What can I replace for the ideal protein packets?
    Hi I am new here. My friend has gone on the IP diet and I am inspired now to do the same. That being said I'd like to go at it on my own for $$ reasons. I have the Phase 1 handout, and am interested in how to proceed. Obviously the 2 cups of vegies, lettuce and real protein is self-explanatory. But what do I replace for the 3 ideal protein packets?

I guess I really need a breakdown of how many carbs are in the ideal packets so I can replace them with something else. I was thinking of just replacing them with protein bars, but I don't know if this is acceptable? Please help!