Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

QUOTE=couts71;3743604]Good Morning all you IP Champions!! Congrats to everyone with NSV and successful weight loss yesterday.
I myself have had a NSV today it is my 40th birthday and my wife has given me a trip to New York and my kids gave me tickets to see my favorite hockey team the New Jersey Devils play on April 2. This was a total shock to me.
My wife said to me that she was very proud of the way I have transformed myself into the new me and my 16 year old daughter said she was happy I lost all that weight because when I was the size I was it scared her that I wouldn't be around very much longer and even though she is getting older she still needed her Dad.
Have a awesome IP day everyone and remember we can all do this.

welcome to the wonderful world of 40's you are rocking them already!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY and enjoy that hockey game
Old 03-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

2manysizes I personally wouldn't touch Avocado with a 10 foot pole. It is super duper fatty! Not good! Its carbs and sugars are fine but the fat content 234 cal per 146 grms(1 cup sliced) thats going to add up over the long run! Just my opinion! Also the cravings do go away over time, this I know from experience. Peanut butter is a very common one among Ipers not sure why! Trust me this IS worth it!

PxlKitty thank you and thank you to all my "professional" (better than oldtimers) IPers. I am so happy you are here. I just wanted to make a point! You are valued members of 3FC and this chat is not the same without you! And me cause I may not have the info that some do but I have the experience! Trust me when I say been there done that lol! and yes Mrs.D there is no doubt in anyones mind you are part of this group!
To all the most recent IP members (I hate the word newbies when my teens use it, they do so in a derogatory fashion) If you are feeling down or feeling like you can't do this check out the progress pics of those of us who are pro IPers! It may help you make it through the next days weeks or months! There are some stunning body changes! I recommend AmyonIP and Mrs. Diettrich to name a couple! Don't forget to leave a compliment though LOL!

Couts happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear coutsie, happy birthday tooooo yyyyyoooouuuuuu!!!!! ( am I the first one to sing to you, hope so lol!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
2many,

Mrs. D is full of wisdom, and I’d like to add a bit. Hang in there, because you will get to enjoy your beloved carbs again once you reach Phases 3 & 4, but by then you will have retrained your body on processing them properly, and educated yourself on when and how to eat them so the weight doesn’t come back on. I am almost finished with PH 3, and have come to realize that the way I ate before IP is very similar to the choices I can make now, and will make during maintenance, to keep the weight off. No, you can’t go back to unhealthy eating habits, but that breakfast sandwich you mentioned? You’ll be able to work that in. Follow the program, it is worth the sacrifice!
Thanks for your understanding. I've been told that the first week is the worst and I truly believe it. It's my hope that after week one, I will have adjusted somewhat to the amount of food.

I just went and had my lunch and I feel a bit better. I had 1/2 a tomato with my salad. Is it 2 cups of tomotos or eggplant that we are allowed per week? I am planning on making an eggplant bake so it would be helpful to know. Also, can the IP tomato soup be used as a base for a veggie caserrole or does it get too thick? I haven't tried the tomato soup yet.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralchick View Post
Thanks showgirlaz...I'm feeling much better after a great night's sleep (oh boy this Ketosis has been messing with my beauty sleep!) Toxins certainly make sense, lord knows I've not treated this body very well over the years. Afterall, that's why I'm hear right? lol

I'm very happy to know I don't have to suffer through another one!!
I have to say that my sleeping is horrible since I started this diet. That's the worst side effect. But I don't mind feeling a bit tired if the weight comes off!!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

I just wanted to add that I read every post almost every day and I cheer you all on. If that means anything to you GREAT if not oh well. I also would like to quote and multi quote and post congradulations to every single worthy post every victory and every Non scale victory but that would be annoying. There are so many doing so well. You ROCK! and I mean that unless of course you don't ROCK then I say smarten up, suck it up, stop F'n around, BM or get off the pot! If you want easy go do weight watchers if you want results stick with IP!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #156  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

So, my question regarding the swimsuits is.....SalesGodDave was brave enough to flaunt his "stuff" in a speedo.....but what about you, JuiceMan? Then the color might matter!

In 2 lbs I should be starting Phase 2....but, I decided to keep going in P1 until I am 5 from goal. I think this may help me decide whether I want to adjust my goal as well.....the 160# puts me just inside of "average" BMI. What do you guys think???
Old 03-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #157  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

FYI... we ran over our post limit in the FAQ thread.

Here is a link to a new thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3743855

I have asked to have it made into a sticky. Maybe this one we can keep more cleaned up and less chat oriented? A real FAQ thread could be so helpful!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #158  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoopie View Post
Thanks! That worked
Good! What a sweet puppy - shih tzu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
and yes Mrs.D there is no doubt in anyones mind you are part of this group!

I recommend AmyonIP and Mrs. Diettrich to name a couple! Don't forget to leave a compliment though LOL!
Yay! I'm a professional IPer! I remember being on week 2 or 3 and being in awe of those people that were on week 14... Now I'm on week 22! And I think I can speak for Amy too - we're very flattered at being your progress picture examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
Thanks for your understanding. I've been told that the first week is the worst and I truly believe it. It's my hope that after week one, I will have adjusted somewhat to the amount of food.

I just went and had my lunch and I feel a bit better. I had 1/2 a tomato with my salad. Is it 2 cups of tomotos or eggplant that we are allowed per week? I am planning on making an eggplant bake so it would be helpful to know. Also, can the IP tomato soup be used as a base for a veggie caserrole or does it get too thick? I haven't tried the tomato soup yet.
You'll adjust - I swear. Like Jenny said, if you need more protein the first week, I'd say go for it. If a little extra chicken or an egg is enough to keep you from going over the edge, have it! I can't swear to how much the allowed amounts of occasional veggies are - I BELIEVE it's 2 cups total for the week, but I never really eat the occasional veggies so I don't know for sure. I'm sure you can use the tomato soup for a casserole base - you can add as much or as little water as you want to get the right consistency. The chicken soup makes a great sauce or gravy for meat or cauliflower rice or mashed faux-tatoes! One thing about this program - it's made me so much more inventive in my cooking! I don't remember who suggested trying the chicken fried "rice", but if you like fried rice, try it - it's so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
In 2 lbs I should be starting Phase 2....but, I decided to keep going in P1 until I am 5 from goal. I think this may help me decide whether I want to adjust my goal as well.....the 160# puts me just inside of "average" BMI. What do you guys think???
I think that sounds totally reasonable! How do you FEEL about how you look? Do you want to lose more, or are you happy where you are? That's the most important thing.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #159  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
FYI... we ran over our post limit in the FAQ thread.

Here is a link to a new thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3743855

I have asked to have it made into a sticky. Maybe this one we can keep more cleaned up and less chat oriented? A real FAQ thread could be so helpful!
I really wish there was a way to go through and delete excess posts in there... Even if they aren't your own.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #160  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I think that sounds totally reasonable! How do you FEEL about how you look? Do you want to lose more, or are you happy where you are? That's the most important thing.
I feel great. I love the way I look...I mean, how could you not! And I'm 18 lbs from current goal!

My thoughts are that I will want to lose more when I get to 160...I mean, it is on the high end of "average"....so, maybe I should be more towards 150?? IDK! It is scary because I honestly can't remember when I weighed that! Maybe HS???
Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #161  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Oh nearly forgot

Carla thank you so much for being there and answering all our questions. I have learned a lot over the last couple of weeks from you. Keep it up and thank you.
You are so welcome. I haven't been hear in the past few months as much as I'd have liked. Hopefully, that is changing in the near future.

Keep working the diet. You really will love the results in the end!

Quote:
I am a newbie too - just starting week 2 and I can sympathize. Last weekend I wanted to throw the towel in, I mean seriously, I just wanted FOOD!! But I can promise you if you stick to the protocol you WILL feel better. I'm just a week ahead of you and I already feel much better - hang in there!

One thing that has helped me when I really want food and start feeling a little blue about not being able to eat my old favorites, is to make a dish that closely resembles my old food. The two that worked for me this week were the big mac in a bowl (I used mustard instead of dressing) and Chicken Fried "Rice" (rice made from shredded cauliflour). Both are in the recipe thread and made me feel a lot better!!
That is called using a flavor profile. Most often we want the taste of something more than that thing. If you can isolate the flavors you can often create what you want! Many of the recipe 2 recipes by JORDANNA are created based on that concept.

Quote:
Thanks showgirlaz...I'm feeling much better after a great night's sleep (oh boy this Ketosis has been messing with my beauty sleep!) Toxins certainly make sense, lord knows I've not treated this body very well over the years. Afterall, that's why I'm hear right? lol

I'm very happy to know I don't have to suffer through another one!!
DEFINITELY NOT!! If you are having pain or are sick medicines are fine. Avoid anything with lots of sugar (cough syrup/drops) and choose a sugar free option. Also, remember to ask your pharmacist for options a diabetic could have. For pain killers, it can be tough. Some are made in a sodium base and heavy, prolonged use can cause water retention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
2manysizes I personally wouldn't touch Avocado with a 10 foot pole. It is super duper fatty! Not good! Its carbs and sugars are fine but the fat content 234 cal per 146 grms(1 cup sliced) thats going to add up over the long run! Just my opinion! Also the cravings do go away over time, this I know from experience. Peanut butter is a very common one among Ipers not sure why! Trust me this IS worth it!

PxlKitty thank you and thank you to all my "professional" (better than oldtimers) IPers. ..
professionals.. hmm.. that has a nice ring to it!

I would like to borrow something from your first paragraph to share with others. Hope you don't mind!

As for the Peanut Butter, Let's talk! (yes, I said it didn't use white out.) First, I would like to make a quick apology to those who will be bothered by the mention of it. I feel it is important to say and bring it up because NEARLY EVERYONE gets this craving even people who have never liked peanut butter, like me. WHY? Because it is highly nutritious in its natural form is a source of fat, protein, and carbs plus lots of essential nutrients. It is power packed into a very small serving. This diet is low in fat. It is often low in selenium (depending on what veggies you eat regularly). It can also be low in vitamin e.

GUESS WHAT... Peanut butter satisfies all those missing elements. The longer you are on the program the more likely you are to crave a peanut or other nut butter. It is because of the nutrition it offers.

How do I know this? I HATE peanut and peanut butter. YEP... not an easy kid to feed that too. :P So, when I started CRAVING it by the jar I wondered why. After reading I got the above answers. I also learned that you should look at it as an INDICATOR of what your body needs.

YOUR BODY DOESN'T CARE where the nutrition comes from it just needs to be fed properly.

If you start craving the peanut butter, add a little more oil in your day (avocado, olive, omega, coconut, whatever you coach is ok with). Also, make sure you are using the oil on your romaine and greens. Some of the vitamins in our veggies are fat soluable and you will not get the full benefit of that nutrition unless it is properly paired with a fat (olive oil for instance).

Next, realize you may need a little more protein. So, have another IP packet (a rtd drink is good because it also has fats) or an egg whole cooked or hardboiled.

Why the egg? Because the egg has wonderful aminos and very digestible proteins and, that yolk, it contains some wonderful healthy fats and selenium. Not everything about eggs are bad and in small portion you get great benefit. Also, they are very low carb and will help you to stay on track without learning to substitute a food which is not on plan.

My suggestion is, if you want peanut butter, and you like egg yolk. Eat the egg soft boiled, poached (on a salad) or over cauliflower rice, or with some other soft center. Sometimes we need to tasting all of the textures that are out there. Nothing is so silky creamy as the taste of fats, like peanut butter, egg yolk or oil. Maybe, just the texture alone would help someone avoid using a food that isn't approved in phase 1.

So, sorry to talk at length about one of our Not Phase 1 foods. It is just a common concern with a logical reason why. Maybe knowing how to combat that craving and the why behind it will help someone out!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 03-05-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Just wanted to share something that I do with everyone else. I have noticed that people seem to be pretty discouraged over salad because you can only have 2 teaspoons of oil so they are only having 2 teaspoons of dressing. Only two teaspoons of dressing on salad doesn't sound very pleasant. What I do instead is make homemade dressing without any oil. I use vinegar, mustard, spices, whatever sounds good and I keep it in the fridge. Then I put on a teaspoon of oil and pour as much of the dressing over it as I want! That way you can have much more salad dressing and are making sure to get a set amount of oil. Hope that helps some people out.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #163  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
So, my question regarding the swimsuits is.....SalesGodDave was brave enough to flaunt his "stuff" in a speedo.....but what about you, JuiceMan? Then the color might matter!

Seriously I do not take BMI very seriously its all about how you feel! if you think that weight is good and you are happy and feel health then go with it! I will ALWAYS be in the overweight BMI even if I lost every inch of fat on my body I was in the overweight category when I was 12 and thin as a rail I have just always weighed a lot comparatively to how I look or feel (literally I was sooo skinny and I was still in the overweight category)
I would go more off of body fat measurements personally. Maybe wait until you get closer to your goal and then decide if you want to loose a bit more or not. Also I would stay on phase one until you are a bit closer to your goal it will make losin that weight easier and you will be able to move through the last phases faster!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #164  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Yes! You should be very proud! I LOVE LOVE your "kissing" picture! That is my dream. I can't wait until the day I can pet one, let alone have the same experience that you got to have. How wonderful.
Wow....just looking at your most recent photo you look so tiny. Hubby says you look great. What size were you when you started?

I started at 18 and XXL and now I am in 1/2 and 1/2 8's and 10's....4 is my goal and you are my new inspiration! Great job
Old 03-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Puppy

Mrs. D
You are half right. He is 1/2 ****zu and 1/2 bichon and 100% precious.

I 2 more questions ....
What is NSV?
What does 'bump' mean when I see it in a post?

Closed Thread