Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #76  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericamc33 View Post
I am definitely needing some strength tonight! Just had to make a bunch of cheeseburgers at work and am struggling!
Try to hang in there. Have some water. Sniff some mint to get the smell of burger out of your head... You can do it. It isn't worth indulging. You'll throw yourself off and regret it later. You can do it!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #77  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

hi friends! i've been m.i.a. lately...just busy with life. i have felt fantastic lately on this diet. not to mention that i have officially lost 50 pounds. (i started my weight loss quest before joining IP) i have been on IP for a month and have lost 17.25 inches yaaaay!

welcome to all the new members. this is a great place foe knowledge and support.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Good morning, IPers. I have a couple questions on my mind recently:

1. I don't like the jello or gelatin drink and was curious if anyone takes a gelatin supplement? I would love for the skin to "bounce back" as I lose weight.

Thanks!
ash- what about knox gelatin? make some koolaid/splenda jigglers, or add pink lemonade or a juice packet to it for protein squares. maybe?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Well, I am back from vacation in TX. I have to say I did not follow protocol at all during my vacation. I was eating anything and everything, but I don't regret it. I went up 3 pounds but I enjoyed myself, I did not over eat but I ate regular food and enjoyed my mom's cooking again after a year of missing it.
Now I am back and I am starting back up. I am going to give myself one more month to loose all the weight I can loose and If I don't get to my goal I am stopping anyway. I can't afford the diet after my husband comes back from deployment, so I have to stop before he gets here. I will have to drop the remaining weight with exercise alone.

Let's see how it goes from now on. Hopefully it doesn't take me long to get into ketosis again.
lilly- you can follow protocol with animal protein substitutions and off the shelf whey proteins if that is something you want to pursue. i typically use only 1 whey protein per day. all others are animal proteins. it works and if you read dr. trans protocol outline he says "protein portion". hope you find something that will work for your budget and goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
just wanted to pop in and say hi-

haven't ready posts yet- have headache, wow,
drinking more water to flush it out....
rosemary- did you put a little sea salt in it? that really helps me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erathbaby View Post
Had WI#8 today and I am down another 2 lbs and 1/2 inch in hips and thighs. GOOD-BYE 200=never going back there again!!!I am very excited about this due to me having my first cheap in 8 weeks due to going out of town for a Mardi Gras ball with food and alcohol. Back on track and in full swing!!!! I love this diet...
erathbaby- welcome to onderland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icess64 View Post
I went to my first weigh in today and I'm down 7.5lbs and 11.5 inches!! All is well....except that when I told my coach that on the 3 days I work, I have to switch around my meals (meaning I eat my snack earlier and have dinner before bed) she said she didn't think that I should do that.

Here is what I do:

5am: wake up
6-7: drive to work while drinking my coffee mixed with the choc. drink
11-12ish I eat lunch
4ish I have my snack
8:30 I eat my dinner, then 9:30ish it's time for bed

She said because the dinner with meat is harder to digest than the packets, it's not the best thing to have before bed. The thing is, I work 12 hour shifts as a RN on a crazy busy floor, and 5-7:30pm is way too busy for me to stop and have dinner while I'm at work. But it's pretty easy to mix up one of the packets and have my snack before the busy time sets in. I didn't really think it was a big deal as long as I'm getting in what I need. I leave the house at 6am and don't get home until 8:30 on the days I work, so I'm just trying to find a way to make the diet work on those days.

Do any of you have to swap your meals like this and has it affected your weight loss?
dr. trans materials say you can substitute. it hasn't bothered my program at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
Thanks Mrs D.

Just experimenting tonight!! I'll keep it to 3 oz. I just want to see if the pancake would make a good sandwich bread. I have mixed thoughts. We shall see. if i thought about it earlier I would have had a burger for lunch.
4meandbrandon- you could try toasting the pancake... i think it helps dry it out or something for a different texture...

mrs b- you asked the other day why i thought i was stalled. i have been dinking around 161-159 for 2 weeks now. (yes i'm a scale tramp) i'm not giving up, i expect this so i'm ready to change it up a little. i'm not kicking the butt on spring challenge like i had planned tho. but i'll take whatever little losses i can get. at least i'm not hungry, so that is a plus!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #79  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Well, it's been awhile. I went on a vacation to Florida and got back on Sunday.

I was a bit disappointed on my WI today that over two weeks only lost 6lbs. However, it was a challenge doing the IP protocol while on vacation but I managed quite well. I brought my IP foods and supplements with me and my host let me shop and cook my dinners. There were a couple of meals out, I had to do my best but didn't eat bad foods. One night, I had a yellow fin tuna steak, with some type of sauce on it, (questionable) and spinach heavy in oil or butter. Another time I didn't bring a packet and ate a lo-cal spinach omelet, while my friends ate big breakfasts. Also the last day, I ran out of packets, and ate salads in two airports on the way home. I pretty much missed my required olive oils on a lot of nights. So it wasn't perfect protocol but no major cheats or binges. I did have to watch my friends eat boxes and boxes of Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches. But last year I went on vacation while on a diet, and rationalized I was on vacation, so live it up. Well that was Feb 2010, and it took me until Dec, 29th to get back on track. Just to make it through the vacation mostly on protocol was a victory.

Last edited by Douger963; 03-03-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Default New protocol sheet

does anyone have that updated phase 1 protocol sheet handy they could post again? i shoulda saved it to my hard drive when it was first posted and now i can't find it. appreciate anyone helping me out... thanks!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #81  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Well, it's been awhile. I went on a vacation to Florida and got back on Sunday.

I was a bit disappointed on my WI today that over two weeks only lost 6lbs. However, it was a challenge doing the IP protocol while on vacation but I managed quite well. I brought my IP foods and supplements with me and my host let me shop and cook my dinners. There were a couple of meals out, I had to do my best but didn't eat bad foods. One night, I had a yellow fin tuna steak, with some type of sauce on it, (questionable) and spinach heavy in oil or butter. Another time I didn't bring a packet and ate a lo-cal spinach omelet, while my friends ate big breakfasts. Also the last day, I ran out of packets, and ate salads in two airports on the way home. I pretty much missed my required olive oils on a lot of nights. So it wasn't perfect protocol but no major cheats or binges. I did have to watch my friends eat boxes and boxes of Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches. But last year I went on vacation while on a diet, and rationalized I was on vacation, so live it up. Well that was Feb 2010, and it took me until Dec, 29th to get back on track. Just to make it through the vacation mostly on protocol was a victory.
Victory feels good, doesn't it. I'm proud for you, just think this experience could change your life. If you could stay focused on protocol on this trip you'll get to your goal and maintain your weight.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #82  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericamc33 View Post
Question: what's your take on corned beef and cabbage? Corned beef is not listed on the food list but it is pretty low in calorie and has no sugar or carbs. has anyone tried this meal?
DEFINITELY not according to my coach. REASON: it is VERY high in sodium and some brands use MSG.

The sodium will cause you to retain water for a short while. It is also often high in nitrates/nitrites which some people have allergies to and will retain water from.

Last, it is a higher fat meat. That was the least of all the reasons as to why not.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #83  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
does anyone have that updated phase 1 protocol sheet handy they could post again? i shoulda saved it to my hard drive when it was first posted and now i can't find it. appreciate anyone helping me out... thanks!
Here it is;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 new.pdf (78.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 03-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by icess64 View Post
I went to my first weigh in today and I'm down 7.5lbs and 11.5 inches!! All is well....except that when I told my coach that on the 3 days I work, I have to switch around my meals (meaning I eat my snack earlier and have dinner before bed) she said she didn't think that I should do that.

Here is what I do:

5am: wake up
6-7: drive to work while drinking my coffee mixed with the choc. drink
11-12ish I eat lunch
4ish I have my snack
8:30 I eat my dinner, then 9:30ish it's time for bed

She said because the dinner with meat is harder to digest than the packets, it's not the best thing to have before bed. The thing is, I work 12 hour shifts as a RN on a crazy busy floor, and 5-7:30pm is way too busy for me to stop and have dinner while I'm at work. But it's pretty easy to mix up one of the packets and have my snack before the busy time sets in. I didn't really think it was a big deal as long as I'm getting in what I need. I leave the house at 6am and don't get home until 8:30 on the days I work, so I'm just trying to find a way to make the diet work on those days.

Do any of you have to swap your meals like this and has it affected your weight loss?
If you are swapping meals, switch dinner to lunch, lunch to dinner (it can be spread out to make it easier to eat in small bits at work) and keep your evening snack.

Having the meat meal at lunch gives plenty of time for digestion. If you plan this as a salad then you get all you need of the lettuce, veggies, and meat and it can be eaten as you need.

Later have an IP packet, salad and veggies for you dinner. You can split it up to work a little before and a little after you busy time.

Then when you get home relax with your IP snack.

It should work without leaving your heaviest meal to right before bed.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #85  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I know you are glad that move is behind you and your staff. It's great to be able to look at food, think about food and say yes if we need to or say no if we need to. Sometimes I almost get a little sad when I think about how many months it took me to get to my goal, how much it cost, but then maybe that time better prepared me for the future. I feel like I have a firm foundation to build on, time will tell. I need to spend some time on the Life after phase 1 thread. There are at least 6 of us who went on phase 4 in Feb. Have a great day! Judy
Judy,

Not al ot going on over at the new Life after phase 1, the second sequel. I am finishing phase 3 and moving to phase 4 this weekend. Would love to have more of a conversation about dinner ideas, what's a cheat vs just maintenence eating. Look forward to chatting with more phase 3 & phase 4 IPers.

Lynn
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
just wanted to pop in and say hi-

haven't ready posts yet- have headache, wow,
drinking more water to flush it out....
Don't forget to have a little salt if you are having a headache. If you have been using more water it may be causing you to flush some added "salt" from your body.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:08 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Good morning IP family, I had told myself that once I lost 25 pounds I would announce it on my FB page, (I did that last week) and got so many wonderful comments. Yesterday I posted an updated picture on there and everyone said I looked like I did 15 years ago. Such a great feeling! I love being able to take photos without having to worry about how fat I look. I have so many pictures with my husband and the kids togheter but none of me, I can't wait to be in them again.

Congrats getting to your mini goal. I'm in a similar position of having tons of pictures of my daughter and maybe two of me on facebook. I can't wait to be excited a out posting a picture of me on there :-)
Old 03-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #88  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default This thread is now closed

Let move this conversation forward: Thursday, 3 March 2011
Closed Thread