Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Hello IPrs, hope everyone is doing well. The sun is out today after all that snow yesterday, good time to clean out the closets and get a pedicure so were ready with our skinny bodies to show off!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

I POSTED THIS ON A SEPERATE THREAD....SOMEONE SUGGESTED TO REPOST ON THE DAILY IP CHAT. I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT TO POST AS A QUOTE FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD.

First, thanks for your insight and daily blogs...this is the website I found that convinced me IP was the diet for me. I also have a friend that is doing IP and lost 32 pounds in 3 months.

As part of my Christmas present I told my husband I wanted him and I to do this program. With some reluctance and reservation he gave in. We started the Wednesday after the superbowl, February 9th.

I'm 5'3" 1/2 and weighed in at 186. After the first week I lost 4 lbs (I was hoping more like 6 to 8 lbs and so was my coach) and 1 inch around my waist. The second week I lost 2 lbs and 2 inches. Of course my husband has lost a total of 10 lbs...that's a man for ya! I think I'm following the program correctly. We will be weighing in on Tuesday and I'm hoping for at least 3 lbs.

I have some questions that you might be able to help with:

1. do you measure your vegi's before or after you cook them?
2. how do you measure things like spinch, do you pack it into measuring cup, and radishes, to bulky to fit into a measureing cup?
3. I keep mushrooms that I've sauted in a teaspoon of oil in my refrigerator. I use some in my omelet, mushroom soup and with our meat. Do I have to count the oilf in the mushrooms as part of my oil for the day or do you think it's a negligible amount to count?
4. If you go over your meat allowance by a couple or few ounces will it matter?
5. Do you count romaine and mixed green lettuce as part of you vegi's or is it part of the unlimited lettuce (didn't know if it was just iceberg lettuce that was considered under the unlimited lettuce)?

I'm just concerned about having to many vegi's or carbs and to much oil. My coach says having a little extra meat or vegi's won't hurt. I asked about starting to exercise maybe that would help but my coach said no don't start yet.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #18  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Goodmorning everyone Another successful weigh in looks like 2 lb. Peggy is back! And thats okay cause 0 lb. Peggy sucked lol! SO yay for me!

JuicemanJust go wild on your bday one little cheat like a peice of cake or a whole day of cheats will amount to pretty much the same thing. A 3 to 4 day weight loss delay. You won't be eating enough to gain a bunch of weight! Unless you plan on eating your entire cake by yourself lol! Just watch your sugar intake cause that is what will kick you in the *** the hardest! Otherwise enjoy the food the fun the friends and the family! Then the day after come back 100%! Also don't feel guilty about doing it. Its not a cheat its part of YOUR plan!

DinobowerRN I am not sure what koolaide is made out of but if its pretty much 0/0/0 made with splenda it should be fine. I use Nestea singles thay are fantastic and come in a varity of adult flavors like Lemon green tea and Apple Goji. They are 5 cal. 1 carb 0 sugar. Made with Splenda. some of the others use crystal light check your grocery store to find options. Its nice for a change from just water water water!
Yes Kool-Aid is 0/0/0, you usually mix it with pitcher of water and 1 cup of sugar but I will use splenda. They have tons of flavors and thought it might be a nice change once in while.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default new IP Boot Camp Thread

Today is the day! Teresa started a new thread for everyone who wants to join us doing Boot Camp this week. The rules are posted. If you want to join, misery loves company. Together we can help each other.
Bikini and speedo season are right around the corner!
Thin and tan, what a concept...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #20  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieA View Post
I POSTED THIS ON A SEPERATE THREAD....SOMEONE SUGGESTED TO REPOST ON THE DAILY IP CHAT. I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT TO POST AS A QUOTE FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD.

First, thanks for your insight and daily blogs...this is the website I found that convinced me IP was the diet for me. I also have a friend that is doing IP and lost 32 pounds in 3 months.

As part of my Christmas present I told my husband I wanted him and I to do this program. With some reluctance and reservation he gave in. We started the Wednesday after the superbowl, February 9th.

I'm 5'3" 1/2 and weighed in at 186. After the first week I lost 4 lbs (I was hoping more like 6 to 8 lbs and so was my coach) and 1 inch around my waist. The second week I lost 2 lbs and 2 inches. Of course my husband has lost a total of 10 lbs...that's a man for ya! I think I'm following the program correctly. We will be weighing in on Tuesday and I'm hoping for at least 3 lbs.

I have some questions that you might be able to help with:

1. do you measure your vegi's before or after you cook them?
2. how do you measure things like spinch, do you pack it into measuring cup, and radishes, to bulky to fit into a measureing cup?
3. I keep mushrooms that I've sauted in a teaspoon of oil in my refrigerator. I use some in my omelet, mushroom soup and with our meat. Do I have to count the oilf in the mushrooms as part of my oil for the day or do you think it's a negligible amount to count?
4. If you go over your meat allowance by a couple or few ounces will it matter?
5. Do you count romaine and mixed green lettuce as part of you vegi's or is it part of the unlimited lettuce (didn't know if it was just iceberg lettuce that was considered under the unlimited lettuce)?

I'm just concerned about having to many vegi's or carbs and to much oil. My coach says having a little extra meat or vegi's won't hurt. I asked about starting to exercise maybe that would help but my coach said no don't start yet.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.
Welcome and here are some tips from me......
1. I measure before I cook them
2. I am not sure on the spinach, I do not eat it. Radishes, I have cut up smaller and used the measuring cup.
3. Personally I would not count that oil. As you take them out to use, let any excess drip off and I think you would be fine.
4. I have gone over my oz of protein for my evening meal by 1 or 2 on occassion and have not seen any issues. I would not get into the habit. It could also be different for females.
5. You can have unlimited lettuce. I would stay away from Iceberg lettuce. I used Romaine and Redleaf lettuce. Lettuce is not part of your veggi consumption.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #21  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
How do we post progress pictures? Should it be done in Mini goals thread and just a link in your signature? Is there another way? Is there a prefered way?

Thank you for the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Thank you. I am debating doing this. I have my wife take the pics for me and they are of me, full body in gym shorts. I figured I would personally see areas transform this way better than having a shirt on. I must say in the 3 pictures I have, there is a difference. Just do not know if I am comfortable about it.
Yes, create a thread in the mini-goals section and then post the link in your signature - then you have a place to post you pictures together and keep all the comments together too. And if you just don't want us to see who YOU are, you could always just crop your head out of the pictures. But you've seen our progress pictures - most of us just put it all out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Question: Having been doing really well with my 13o ounces of water each day but will say some days it is a chore. Do you think it would be ok to have a glass of Kool-Aid made with splenda once in while?
Are you talking about those little individual servings of koolaid that come in the stix like individual Crystal Light, or make a pitcher of it with a KA packet & cup of splenda? The thing to be wary of is how much you are drinking - Splenda DOES have carbs, especially the fluffy stuff that is in the box. I looked it up online and the serving size of the splenda granulated (in a box) is 1 tsp that has less than one carb. That translates to between .5-.999 gms of carbs per tsp. So, if you pour yourself 16 oz. of koolaid (made with 1 cup of splenda per gallon), you're getting 2 Tbs. (6 tsp) of splenda which puts it at 3-6 gms of carbs for that one glass that isn't giving you anything else nutritionally. SOOOOOOO..... I'd say if you want to have a glass occasionally, I would do so on a day when you aren't having a restricted packet. But, I'd try not to make a habit of it.

Last edited by Mrs Diettrich; 03-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 265/244/185

Height: Started IP 12/8/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Good Morning to all!! Haven't been very chatty over the past few days but have read everything and it is so inspiring to read everyone's success's!! Congrats to all the losers!!!

Boot Camp: I am in!! Have WI this afternoon and having been only getting non restricted products. Will have to give up my ocassional veggies, but that is not a problem for week. Will start today!!

Question: Having been doing really well with my 13o ounces of water each day but will say some days it is a chore. Do you think it would be ok to have a glass of Kool-Aid made with splenda once in while?

Hope every one has a super duper IP Day!!!
Welcome Come join us at bootcamp.

Now as far as the Kool Aid it does say 0/0/0 but maybe a senior can way in on any other ingredient.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #23  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning,
I am like most of you, I am ready for spring. Reckon it is because we know the shape of our body is better, the fact that we feel better or that we realize we are going to enjoy this spring and summer better than last year. Hope all have a good op day. Catch you later, Judy
Old 03-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #24  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Have a great day everyone. Congrats on Losses and willpower.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Morning everyone!

I see all the talk about boot camp and it's funny cause I didn't know what it was at first then realized it's exactly what I've been doing for the past 12 days LOL. I'm still so new at this and according to my menu, bootcamp is where it's at for me right now anyway. Like Colorado girl, I too am looking forward to the bars and other snacks that are considered restricted but for now, it's meat and veggies and packets for me
I went out and bought a mandoline slicer today which I'm sure will help make slicing my veggies much easier. Especially the parsnip, what a pain in the *ss that was! Looking forward to more baked parsnip chips tonight, really loved them last night! My how things have changed in just a week in a half.

NSV this past weekend too...was shopping for some photography props and was avoiding the clothes racks like the plague when my friend called me over to look at something. I spotted a sweater I liked but wasn't sure if I should bother buying anything because of where I want to go with this. I decided to try it on anyway and for the heck of it, I tried on the 1X instead of my usual 2-3X and it fit beautifully! AND it looked great so I ended up buying it Part of me is hoping I won't be able to wear it long before it's too big LOL.
Anyway, hope everyone has a great OP day!

Hugs
Stacy
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #26  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone!

I see all the talk about boot camp and it's funny cause I didn't know what it was at first then realized it's exactly what I've been doing for the past 12 days LOL. I'm still so new at this and according to my menu, bootcamp is where it's at for me right now anyway. Like Colorado girl, I too am looking forward to the bars and other snacks that are considered restricted but for now, it's meat and veggies and packets for me
I went out and bought a mandoline slicer today which I'm sure will help make slicing my veggies much easier. Especially the parsnip, what a pain in the *ss that was! Looking forward to more baked parsnip chips tonight, really loved them last night! My how things have changed in just a week in a half.

NSV this past weekend too...was shopping for some photography props and was avoiding the clothes racks like the plague when my friend called me over to look at something. I spotted a sweater I liked but wasn't sure if I should bother buying anything because of where I want to go with this. I decided to try it on anyway and for the heck of it, I tried on the 1X instead of my usual 2-3X and it fit beautifully! AND it looked great so I ended up buying it Part of me is hoping I won't be able to wear it long before it's too big LOL.

Hugs
Stacy

Wahooo! Great feeling isn't it! Great job, keep it up.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 183/?/145

Good Morning!
Just started IP on February 23rd. First few days were rough...but things have gotten much better! Glad to have found this forum!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #28  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Morning everyone!

Hugs
Stacy
How did you make the parship chips? Similar to turnip chips but sliced? And now I have to stop after work for a mandoline slicer btw... lol
Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #29  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Yes, create a thread in the mini-goals section and then post the link in your signature - then you have a place to post you pictures together and keep all the comments together too. And if you just don't want us to see who YOU are, you could always just crop your head out of the pictures. But you've seen our progress pictures - most of us just put it all out there!

Are you talking about those little individual servings of koolaid that come in the stix like individual Crystal Light, or make a pitcher of it with a KA packet & cup of splenda? The thing to be wary of is how much you are drinking - Splenda DOES have carbs, especially the fluffy stuff that is in the box. I looked it up online and the serving size of the splenda granulated (in a box) is 1 tsp that has less than one carb. That translates to between .5-.999 gms of carbs per tsp. So, if you pour yourself 16 oz. of koolaid (made with 1 cup of splenda per gallon), you're getting 2 Tbs. (6 tsp) of splenda which puts it at 3-6 gms of carbs for that one glass that isn't giving you anything else nutritionally. SOOOOOOO..... I'd say if you want to have a glass occasionally, I would do so on a day when you aren't having a restricted packet. But, I'd try not to make a habit of it.
Yes I was thinking of the packet with one cup of splenda but......Holy smokes!! I did not know that there were carbs in splenda. So rats! Another idea down the tubes. I don't want to risk it. I will see if I can find the nestea packets, but probably wouldn't be a good idea to have those very often either right?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #30  

Quote:
Morning everyone!

Hugs
Stacy
I am truly hoping that when you said parsnip chips you meant turnip chips! We are not allowed parsnips. they are on the "not permitted" list. Turnips on te other hand are allowed! and Turnip chips are very yummy!
Closed Thread