Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I am pretty close to phase 2 and ready...I still want to get down about 14 lbs..so we shall see where we go..
My arms are really skinny..after phase 1 I am heading to the gym..and getting a trainer..I want my journey to continue and turn my sleek new body into a defined body...
I am excited..when my weight loss journey is done and I have hit my goal..
I am buying a new red swim suit...

My husband is starting today...and my son will have his 2nd weigh in tomorrow..I'm so happy that they have seen my results and are now ready to change their lives...

You have lost 55lbs - you should be so proud!
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Sunny- I really hesitate to post this because I don't want to come across anti- IP but I really want to share as it's a health concern. I was doing some reading last night and I came across a link to one of mike eades blog posts (protein power) and he was saying that it's extremely detrimental to the gallbladder to be on a low fat, high protein diet. He and his wife managed their low carb wl clinic and they were the biggest testers of alli/ xenical for the company. Alli works byblocking fat absorption and also indirectly encourages lowfat eating due to the anal greasy discharge.. Sorry lol.. Anyway if I remember right about half the people developed gallstones who were on this plan! He explained the science of it being taxing to your gallbladder and pancreas but it went way over my head.

I can try to find the article if anyone is interested. I have deep respect for dr eades and he seems to be one of the most knowledgable lc guys out there. He's the one who discovered ecc (net carbs).

Anyway I don't want to rock the boat but I did want to let you know about this piece.
Respectfully,
Tara

As always, your thoughts and experiences and laymans opinions are always welcome. Thanks to all the veterans out there. I plan on staying in this community for a LONG time.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tara,
I appreciate your imput. We're all here to put out ideas, and brainstorm with each other. I had previous gallbladder issues as did my Mother, so it is already a weakness in my body. I am taking an herbal gb formula that has worked wonders for me in the past. I am also visiting my internist and I'll let him be the final judge. Thanks again to everyone.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
I really needed to get to a point where my mind set was ready to IP again. If you've done IP, you know what I mean!

Wish me luck!!

Stacey
Good luck, Stacey!!

I'm not at the point where my mind is set to do IP again even though I want to get down to my original goal. How did you get there? I just can't make myself want to do it again..
kplus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #34  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Sunny- whatever the cause, I hope your gallbladder issues resolve themselves ASAP! (and that your md knows something about nutrition- seems like so many know frighteningly little) while I do value my gastro's And surgeons opinions, I have to say that I pretty much use my GP for refilling scripts and getting test results.. Lol

Take care
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #35  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

I told Woolberger (Lynn) today on the daily chat that I need to start posting more often on this thread. I know there are about 7 people who moved to phase 4 recently. I think that if we made this thread more active it would benefit all of us, what do you phase 4 chicks think? I did my second cheat day today. My first one was Feb. 20, I felt so bad the next day that I didn't want to do another one. So I waited 11 days before doing one today. I made brownies and homemade lasagna today. I can REALLY tell I ate sugar today. I have a little pressure in my head tonight. Maybe I am over doing the sugar on cheat days. Are all of you doing a cheat day once a week. I think I read that Rocky is doing one once a month, right? Spaghetti is an example on my maintenence paper work, I have had spaghetti a few times on maintenence days. I have never had miracle noodles. I hope I am eating my lunch and dinner correctly on maintenence days. I wonder if it would help some of you if we post what we eat on some of our maintenence days and get feedback from others, it would help me. How strict do you do phase 1 after cheat day? I am going to check this thread almost daily. Judy
petiteandcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #36  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
I told Woolberger (Lynn) today on the daily chat that I need to start posting more often on this thread. I know there are about 7 people who moved to phase 4 recently. I think that if we made this thread more active it would benefit all of us, what do you phase 4 chicks think? I did my second cheat day today. My first one was Feb. 20, I felt so bad the next day that I didn't want to do another one. So I waited 11 days before doing one today. I made brownies and homemade lasagna today. I can REALLY tell I ate sugar today. I have a little pressure in my head tonight. Maybe I am over doing the sugar on cheat days. Are all of you doing a cheat day once a week. I think I read that Rocky is doing one once a month, right? Spaghetti is an example on my maintenence paper work, I have had spaghetti a few times on maintenence days. I have never had miracle noodles. I hope I am eating my lunch and dinner correctly on maintenence days. I wonder if it would help some of you if we post what we eat on some of our maintenence days and get feedback from others, it would help me. How strict do you do phase 1 after cheat day? I am going to check this thread almost daily. Judy
So Judy. Here I am. I start phase 4 on Saturday or Sunday I'm having some trouble figuring out dinner meals (carbs, no fats). I have a couple of ideas.
1.Quinoa pilaf with chopped bell peppers, diced green onions, cilantro, black beans and maybe a little Boca Burger Crumbles. Could top with fat free shredded cheddar cheese. Can make this without added oil but there is a small amount of fat in Boca Crumbles, black beans and maybe even quinoa. How much fat is too much at dinner?
2. Boca Burger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, lo carb catsup & mustard and maybe slice of fat free cheese on a whole grain roll or bread.
3. Could make that a Rueban Sandwich using a lean meat, sauerkraut & WF Thousand Island Dressing on a whole grain bread.
4. My sister turned me on to a great bread made by Julian Bakery. It is a whole grain bread with (per slice) 109 cals , 12 gms of protein, 13 gms of carbs, 12 grams of fiber, 1 gm of fat. It is very tasty & filling. It is best to go to their website to find a store to buy it. I just ordered online. www.julianbakery.com. Check out Smart Carb Bread #1.
Just some thoughts. I would really appreciate any feedback. It's scary to step away from the strict protocol that helped us get to where we are today. Gotta love it! Look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Man...I also felt SOooo sick the night I had my cheat night. Nauseous and hung over the next day from too much wine after over 4 months with no alcohol. So, I already know my cheat days need to be more moderate. I wish there was another word for cheat day. Like free day or something. Well...there you go. So for my next free day I'll be more moderate with the red wine. I must say the phase 1 day to counteract the free day worked like a charm. I still prefer eating lighter after all this time on the diet, than loading up on heavier fattier food on the free day. (Did I really say that?)
My next free day is Sat. night. I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Sunny- whatever the cause, I hope your gallbladder issues resolve themselves ASAP! (and that your md knows something about nutrition- seems like so many know frighteningly little) while I do value my gastro's And surgeons opinions, I have to say that I pretty much use my GP for refilling scripts and getting test results.. Lol

Take care
Thanks Natalia. I"m lucky in that my internist is totally open to and recommends natural healing along with his western medical approach, so I'm in good hands. The "stone free" remedy from the Planetary company has started to kick in and I am feeling better. Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #39  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
So Judy. Here I am. I start phase 4 on Saturday or Sunday I'm having some trouble figuring out dinner meals (carbs, no fats). I have a couple of ideas.
1.Quinoa pilaf with chopped bell peppers, diced green onions, cilantro, black beans and maybe a little Boca Burger Crumbles. Could top with fat free shredded cheddar cheese. Can make this without added oil but there is a small amount of fat in Boca Crumbles, black beans and maybe even quinoa. How much fat is too much at dinner?
2. Boca Burger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, lo carb catsup & mustard and maybe slice of fat free cheese on a whole grain roll or bread.
3. Could make that a Rueban Sandwich using a lean meat, sauerkraut & WF Thousand Island Dressing on a whole grain bread.
Hi, Lynn. I just read something about Boca Burgers/Crumbles and their ilk that gave me pause. Apparently the soy is processed at a VERY high temperature which makes it carcinogenic. I haven't followed up on that because I don't eat them, but thought I'd mention it.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #40  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Judy, Lynn and Sunnymae,

Thanks so much for putting forth effort on this thread. I am a faithful reader and will pay much attention to all you tips and wisdom!

I am well into my second week on Phase 3, and still enjoying it. I am grateful it is two full weeks, it gives me time to adjust to phasing off. I lost another pound, which I am very happy about. I find myself getting hungrier in the afternoons similar to phase 1, but that may also be because TOM is in the house. I am still in the zone, so the hunger is controllable.

Your dinner ideas are so helpful…Thanks too, Linden for the heads up about boca burgers. Those have always been a staple in my house. I’ll need to research that.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #41  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi, Lynn. I just read something about Boca Burgers/Crumbles and their ilk that gave me pause. Apparently the soy is processed at a VERY high temperature which makes it carcinogenic. I haven't followed up on that because I don't eat them, but thought I'd mention it.
Noooooooooo...I love Boca Burgers! I have eaten that product for years. Argh! Can you remember where you read that? If anyone learns anything more please post it and I will try to research it too. I was really hoping to use vegi protein in my evening meals to keep the fat down. Thanks for the heads up Linden.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #42  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Noooooooooo...I love Boca Burgers! I have eaten that product for years. Argh! Can you remember where you read that? If anyone learns anything more please post it and I will try to research it too. I was really hoping to use vegi protein in my evening meals to keep the fat down. Thanks for the heads up Linden.

Lynn
It gets worse. Just found this

http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/...cting_the.html

I'm afraid I can't find the original. I believe it was linked to the SAVORY SWEET LIFE blog (which has some gluten free and good vegaterian recipes) but I need to cook dinner for company that's coming.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #43  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning,
Well, I think we have things moving on this thread. Lynn, you step into phase 4 tomorrow or Sunday, right? Welcome! I agree with Sunnymae. I don't really like the name cheat day. I have been saying my splurge day. I also like free day. I am doing phase 1 today. I assume we do it exactly by the protocol. Any comments? Clarice should be home from her trip, I am anixous to hear how it went. I am like all of you, I am ready for warm weather. Our son lives in central Florida, I am ready for a trip to Florida, if not to central Florida at least to the gulf. I will need a new swim suit this year, I guess we all will. When I think back about how I looked last year at this time. Let me tell you, I am not a bathing beauty, but I do look quite different, at least smaller. My body NEEDS toning. Catch you later. Judy
petiteandcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Hey. I found it.
http://www.choosingraw.com/the-low-d...otein-powders/
Old 03-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #45  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Here's a vegi-burger substitute. Sorry for all the posts but I'm hopping back and forth from the stove.