Life After Phase 1 -- the second sequel

You're on Page 11 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Hi all! I apologize in advance, I'm not sure if I'm posting this quesiton in the right place or not, it's my first post :-)

I've been on IP for 9 weeks now (total loss of 22 lbs.). This past week was slow, just a 1 lb. drop. Right now, I'm 6 lbs. away from my goal weight (my goal weight includes an extra 5 lbs. to make up for the possible weight gain in Phase 3 and 4). I'm still not totally clear on when to switch to Phase 2. I'm actually a little terrified, I have my Phase 1 routine down. I feel like I may be a little stalled and maybe Phase 2 will shake things up a little. I thought about stayin on Phase 1 just one more week and then moving to Phase 2, my coach thinks I can do it a little sooner, but she's leaving it up to me. What do you all think.

BTW, I love reading all the posts! You are all amazing!!
    I'm with Rocky on this one. You are ready to start re-integrating and you will keep losing those last pounds while coming back into the real world of food nicely and easily. I lost another 5 lbs while phasing off. I'm on ph4 and probably lost 1 1/2 lbs during this time. Not everyone gains back those 3-4 lbs on this diet. I did not. So, like Rocky said, come on in and we'll be there. Good luck.
  • My opinion only but these "life after" threads get so long to read thru. May I suggest starting one specifically for "phase 3" and one for "phase 4". Otherwise, some of the information may be hard for folks to sort thru as the thread consists of it all. I know personally I will be on phase 3 soon so right now that is the one I want to learn and read about. Just a thought.
  • Quote: My opinion only but these "life after" threads get so long to read thru. May I suggest starting one specifically for "phase 3" and one for "phase 4". Otherwise, some of the information may be hard for folks to sort thru as the thread consists of it all. I know personally I will be on phase 3 soon so right now that is the one I want to learn and read about. Just a thought.
    If there was a post for 3s only, perhaps the 4s and graduates would stop reading AND posting helpful suggestions. With only 1-3 posts a day (5 the max I found) I don't, personally, find the length a burden.
  • Alaskaipjourney. I totally agree. It's tough to find specific information in such a large vague thread. There is a lot of questions/concerns/aspects/issues/etc that surround phase 3 and phase 4. Why should there be just one thread for such important specific information. The more specific the thread, the better. Just my opinion.
  • I just posted this in the "phase 3 breakfast thread" too...

I've been thinking the last few days it would be great to start a Recipe and Menus thread for Phase 3 and 4, since that seems to come up a lot. We'd want to be sure it stayed "clean" with just recipes and menus, and no chatting so it did not get filled up too fast, and then it could become a very useful sticky. (and we keep this thread for chatting) What do you all you Phase 4 people think?
  • Quote: If there was a post for 3s only, perhaps the 4s and graduates would stop reading AND posting helpful suggestions. With only 1-3 posts a day (5 the max I found) I don't, personally, find the length a burden.
    I agree with Linden...I do what I can to check in on the daily chat and this one, to pass on what others passed on to me...but trying to check in on 3 places will start to get a lot harder. I guess I also think that since Phase 3 is so transitory (2 weeks total) and it's part of Phase 4 (breakfasts) it seems that reading ahead about phase 4 would be useful to 3's?
  • Thanks rocky and sunny mae!! I'm starting phase 2 today! Will see how it goes...
  • Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have read the other two threads on this topic, and appreciate the advice there also. I liked Jenny's suggestion about cutting / pasting some posts into another doc -- I had already done that!

As far as things to drink beyond water, I saw some posts in another thread on MIO - sorry, but the day-glo colors look disgustng to me. Has anyone tried Zeria sodas? I saw them at the health foods store that sells WF. I avoid aspartame and I'm just looking for something besides plain water.

I'm also Wondering if people continue to use WF dressings in phase 4?
  • Quote: I just posted this in the "phase 3 breakfast thread" too...

I've been thinking the last few days it would be great to start a Recipe and Menus thread for Phase 3 and 4, since that seems to come up a lot. We'd want to be sure it stayed "clean" with just recipes and menus, and no chatting so it did not get filled up too fast, and then it could become a very useful sticky. (and we keep this thread for chatting) What do you all you Phase 4 people think?
    I love the idea of a Phase 3/4 recipe thread. I still eat Phase 3 breakfasts even though I'm in maintenance. I'm still looking for new things to try. It's fun since my tastes really have changed.

Quote: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have read the other two threads on this topic, and appreciate the advice there also. I liked Jenny's suggestion about cutting / pasting some posts into another doc -- I had already done that!

As far as things to drink beyond water, I saw some posts in another thread on MIO - sorry, but the day-glo colors look disgustng to me. Has anyone tried Zeria sodas? I saw them at the health foods store that sells WF. I avoid aspartame and I'm just looking for something besides plain water.

I'm also Wondering if people continue to use WF dressings in phase 4?
    I do still use the WF dressings. I have my favorites: Thousand Island, Bacon Ranch, Chipolte Ranch, Sesame Ginger. Why not save the calories?

Lynn
  • Quote: I agree with Linden...I do what I can to check in on the daily chat and this one, to pass on what others passed on to me...but trying to check in on 3 places will start to get a lot harder. I guess I also think that since Phase 3 is so transitory (2 weeks total) and it's part of Phase 4 (breakfasts) it seems that reading ahead about phase 4 would be useful to 3's?
    I think this is a great idea IF, and a really B I G if, people could refrain from the chat clutter. (And no cheat chatter.) We could also cherry pick selectively among the great recipes from previous threads.
  • Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I've been travelling and running around the last week so I haven't been very active. It's good to check in with you gals and guys and get the latest maintenance dish!
    I too have found that I glance at the daily chat and spend most of my serious reading and responding on the sequel thread. That seems to be all I have time and attention span for, so I would not be in favor of another recipe thread. I think we can handle it all here. For myself... it's well rounded conversation and we get a slice of daily life from each including triumphs, slips, family/relationship issues and of course...FOOD :0), so I think that'd cover it all.
    I'm still maintaining...I've actually lost another 1lb or so, so I guess my version of maintenance is working for my body.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Tomorrow will be my first day on Phase 3, got my info sheets from my coach, he gave me suggestions for "BIG BREAKFAST", so ran to grocery store and Bread store - think I'm ready!. He suggested - 2 slices of "Honey Wheat Bread" from a local Bread store, 1fried egg - use Pam spray, 2 slices of microwave Bacon, and fruit. Bread is toasted and spread with butter. I hope that's it, it sure seems like alot! It was kind of nice to be able to purchase Bread and fruit for a change!
  • Quote: Tomorrow will be my first day on Phase 3, got my info sheets from my coach, he gave me suggestions for "BIG BREAKFAST", so ran to grocery store and Bread store - think I'm ready!. He suggested - 2 slices of "Honey Wheat Bread" from a local Bread store, 1fried egg - use Pam spray, 2 slices of microwave Bacon, and fruit. Bread is toasted and spread with butter. I hope that's it, it sure seems like alot! It was kind of nice to be able to purchase Bread and fruit for a change!
    Great! You will love the breakfast or at least I did.
  • Been experimenting and adding pasta to my dinner carb choice as of last night. I thought I might be pushing the envelope a little by doing that, but the scale remained the same this morning.
    When I know I'm going to have a heavier carb load at night, I'm finding that my natural instinct is to have a lighter carb breakfast and more protein. I cut out the oatmeal, have my egg and turkey bacon, and my fruit and yogurt. Seems to be working for me.
    I also find, that since I'm not always planning a free day, because that's not real life in my world and there ARE surprises sometimes, I randomly have a ph. 1 day for balance.
    All of this seems to be working for me, so I thought I'd share that in case anyone out there is feeling less than, for not sticking to a strict schedule. I'm starting to understand that PH. 4, or eating for life as I see it, is a balancing act, based on science, sense and surprises :0)
    Hava a great day everyone.
    Sunny
  • Hey Guys...

Let's not let this thread fade away. I miss talking with all of you who have graduated to phases 2,3 & 4. Let's keep the conversation going!

Lynn