Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I am all for getting clothes that fit. Clothes that are too big are sloppy and you need to feel great! I am getting my clothes at the consignment store. I know this size will only be temporary so after I grow out of them I either give them to someone else, or give them to the goodwill.
I'm not buying new until I get to 150 then I'm heading to Dallas and going on a shopping spree.
I'm going to start a fund. Each pound lost must be worth something. HOW MUCH?
WELLL.... in my case, each pound cost me, $33.33 real US dollars. It was worth far more to me in terms of increased activity, no prescription or OTC meds, and no future obesity related dr bills.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
WELLL.... in my case, each pound cost me, $33.33 real US dollars. It was worth far more to me in terms of increased activity, no prescription or OTC meds, and no future obesity related dr bills.
I guess I haven't had any medical issues, so I am looking at this in terms of new clothes. (How selfish of me!) Sorry I haven't been more sympathetic to other's issues.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #18  

Hi Everyone!!

I know (have heard) several people have been asking about me. I know I haven't been around much this past month and have been fairly weak in forum activity since early December. I am truly sorry. I have had many things going on personally which are keeping me very busy, somewhat stressed, and often away from my computer until I am too tired to see straight (reading becomes difficult at that point! ) I have tried to respond to anyone who sends me a PM.

Thank you to all of you who are keeping an eye out for me and caring about where and how I am.

I will try to be more diligent in checking in at least once a week.

Well, today is another full day. I have been up for 3 hours already. I've walked dogs, done some laundry, taken care of breakfast, called contractors and service workers for some of our properties, checked on my grandparents (they are 94 and 95 and still live independently but need an occasional hand), took care of some business, and am now planning my mid day activities. I have the gym ahead of me for pilates and kinesis (don't know how I would manage stress without that outlet). I have to pick up a car from the body shop, finally repaired from hail damage, and meet with painters. Later tonight, I have the pleasure of meet my dad at the airport as he makes a quick trip home. Somewhere in all that craziness I get some wonderful time with an amazing friend of mine.

I am also starting to use the IP athletic protocol I just got. HOPEFULLY, it will offer enough for me to be able to do my exercise, maintain my sanity, and get back to eating in a way that makes me feel better. OH, and if I can lose some weight again, that'd be nice too! )

So, I hope everyone has a great day. I will try to check in again a few more times through this weekend.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Morning Ladies and Gents.... gosh I feel like this is rude of me to brag about my weigh in - but I guess that is PART of the reason we are all doing this right - so... drum roll please.... week 1 - down 6.4 lbs and 4 inches
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #20  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Hi Everyone!!

I know (have heard) several people have been asking about me. I know I haven't been around much this past month and have been fairly weak in forum activity since early December. I am truly sorry. I have had many things going on personally which are keeping me very busy, somewhat stressed, and often away from my computer until I am too tired to see straight (reading becomes difficult at that point! ) I have tried to respond to anyone who sends me a PM.

Thank you to all of you who are keeping an eye out for me and caring about where and how I am.

Well, today is another full day. I have been up for 3 hours already. I've walked dogs, done some laundry, taken care of breakfast, called contractors and service workers for some of our properties, checked on my grandparents (they are 94 and 95 and still live independently but need an occasional hand), took care of some business, and am now planning my mid day activities. I have the gym ahead of me for pilates and kinesis (don't know how I would manage stress without that outlet). I have to pick up a car from the body shop, finally repaired from hail damage, and meet with painters. Later tonight, I have the pleasure of meet my dad at the airport as he makes a quick trip home. Somewhere in all that craziness I get some wonderful time with an amazing friend of mine.

I am also starting to use the IP athletic protocol I just got. HOPEFULLY, it will offer enough for me to be able to do my exercise, maintain my sanity, and get back to eating in a way that makes me feel better. OH, and if I can lose some weight again, that'd be nice too! )

So, I hope everyone has a great day. I will try to check in again a few more times through this weekend.
Welcome back!!!! So happy to see your pretty face again (avatar style). I've missed your grounded, practical and no-nonsense insight and am so glad you will be joining us again even if occasionally. You have me curious about the athletic protocol. I hope you will keep us updated on this
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #21  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinO View Post
Morning Ladies and Gents.... gosh I feel like this is rude of me to brag about my weigh in - but I guess that is PART of the reason we are all doing this right - so... drum roll please.... week 1 - down 6.4 lbs and 4 inches
You HAVE to brag! That's what this is for, right? We have a lot of goals in common. I look forward to watching how you make out over the next weeks.

I have WI#2 in a couple hours (rescheduled due to snow yesterday). Wish me luck! I'd be happy with 1/2 of what ErinO posted!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #22  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
OUTSTANDING!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #23  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hi Everyone!!

Welcome back and I am glad everything is ok. Would you mind sharing the Athletic Protocol with us? Do you have it in a format you can post?

Hope to see you around more.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
We love to hear about the success, it's okay to brag!! It gives us motivation!!
Keep up the awesome job!!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I am all for getting clothes that fit. Clothes that are too big are sloppy and you need to feel great! I am getting my clothes at the consignment store. I know this size will only be temporary so after I grow out of them I either give them to someone else, or give them to the goodwill.
I'm not buying new until I get to 150 then I'm heading to Dallas and going on a shopping spree.
I'm going to start a fund. Each pound lost must be worth something. HOW MUCH?
i like this idea...$5-$10 per pound should get you a few new outfits, depending on your total goal weightloss. i still have pre-baby clothes that i hope to fit into one day, but new clothes, new haircut, etc will brighten your day!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Quote:
way to go! keep up the great work
Old 02-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 139.1/132.4/119

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Congrats - you are not bragging girl - you are dancing to the drum roll.... Way to go...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #28  

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is FANTASTIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Welcome back!!!! So happy to see your pretty face again (avatar style). I've missed your grounded, practical and no-nonsense insight and am so glad you will be joining us again even if occasionally. You have me curious about the athletic protocol. I hope you will keep us updated on this
awwww Thanks!! The athletic protocol is quite a bit more specific. You are told exactly what packets to have. Fortunately, they are ones I like. You get about 2x as much protein. Lunch and dinner are fairly similar to what phase 1 looks like.

It is designed for people who are exercising A LOT... IP considers athletes people who are exercising about 5 hours a day.

I am exercising at least 2.5 to 3 hours a day for 4 days a week and almost 5 hours 2 days a week. I also have hypoglycemia as a history. It seems that when I exercise I immediately have a blood sugar drop and cravings through the rough. Trying the alternate phase 1 only made matters worse for me. I need the exercise to manage anxiety so, I am attempting the athletic protocol to see if I can at least get away from the carbs again (reintroduced in the alternate protocol which was a BAD move for me. I fell way off plan do to irregular blood sugar and cravings.)

I will let you know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Welcome back and I am glad everything is ok. Would you mind sharing the Athletic Protocol with us? Do you have it in a format you can post?

Hope to see you around more.
I will share it. I have to scan it in first then, I can post in Phases. I will make a note on the post pointing out that IP considers it for those that are regularly exercising about 5hours a day just so people don't think it is for anyone or people who are only burning an added 500 cal a day do to a zumba or spin class.

Thank you for your welcome back!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #29  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Congrats ErinO on your great Loss

Welcome Back showgirlaz!! we miss you!

Hey everyone I hope you all have an amazing day and weekend. Still cold here but I am planning my trip to Disney World so in my mind it is warm. Ha Ha. I feel good today, have lots of engergy and my clothes feel loose again. I want to give Dr. Tran a great big KISS for this diet. It is changing our lives and making us more healthy. I am totally excited to see what I will look like as a thinner me.
I have gone back and forth about a possible scheduled "cheat" day for my birthday on the 14th of March. I have decided against it because I want to be able to loose as much as possible before my trip. I plan on starting my phase off the 2nd week of May in order to be done completly before my trip in June. I do not know or care if I will be at my goal weight by then but what I do know is that I will not be as heavy as I am now, and that is all that matters. I am going to do my best to stay on track from now until then.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Marking the Life Milestones

hi all!

has anyone else been feeling urges to somehow mark the weightloss milestone in their life when you hit goal?

like a new tatoo, drasticly different hair cut, job change, completing a "bucket list" item or something significant like that?

i'm not all the way there yet, but find i'm having an internal yearning to do "something".

comments please... and if yes, please what the action is why the action is significant to you.

have a great day everyone! and welcome back carla!
Closed Thread