3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226541-ip-weekend-chat-25-27-february-2011-a.html)

ladyvrod 02-27-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyesnmt (Post 3733491)
I would also like to know what the Athletic Protocol is and when do you think a person should start exercising I hear from some that you shouldnt excercise cause they have had the scale go up and then others say that you should excercise? Im confused on this. Can anyone help me out on this?

It varies a bit from coach to coach. Always talk to your coach.
MY OPINION...........again just MY OPINION. so warning! :o
It depends on how much you were exercising before you started IP. To start IP (which is a rather drastic change for your body) and to start exercising if you have not been exercising on a regular basis is quite the shock to the system and could be counter productive.
I waited 2 months to start back to hot yoga and it stalled my weight loss lost 2 lbs for the entire month. I did lose inches though.
the athletic protocol, as Carla has said more than once is for true athletes, those exercising 5 hours a day.
Not sure that answered your question.

blueyesnmt 02-27-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyvrod (Post 3733591)
It varies a bit from coach to coach. Always talk to your coach.
MY OPINION...........again just MY OPINION. so warning! :o
It depends on how much you were exercising before you started IP. To start IP (which is a rather drastic change for your body) and to start exercising if you have not been exercising on a regular basis is quite the shock to the system and could be counter productive.
I waited 2 months to start back to hot yoga and it stalled my weight loss lost 2 lbs for the entire month. I did lose inches though.
the athletic protocol, as Carla has said more than once is for true athletes, those exercising 5 hours a day.
Not sure that answered your question.

Ladyvrod, thank you for your opinion it really helped! It did answer my question.

petiteandcute 02-27-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3733242)
Hi, my determined friend. I had to make a hurried trip back to the states where my father is quite ill. A long and ugly story about going to a hospital to get pneumonia; mistaking acute dehydration for dementia; (Well, but he's 99, says the nurse); and other miseries, like not being able to bring my few remaining IP packets back into the states and having them confiscated. So much for the spring challenge. But I'm back on the internet now and thanks. You're doing so well. I guess I'll tag along in your shadow for just a little while linger. :hug:

Great to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about your father, hope he is better. Sounds like you have very pressing issues at this time. The time to loose the remainder of your weight will come. Keep us posted as time permits. Judy

Coloradodivegirl 02-27-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petiteandcute (Post 3733580)
Don't apologize for your post, I'm glad you shared a part of your life with us. What are friends for anyway? I can see now that your up beat personality is really an asset with such a serious situation in your life. I do hope your husband improves. We might not mention it everyday, but remember we will be thinking about you and your husband. Everyone on this forum is different, living different lives, have different circumstances, but I think we are all here for a reason and each have something different to contribute. Judy

Judy...

Thank you for your kind note. My upbeat personality helps keep me hubby upbeat. We have a great time together in life, we are always saying silly things and then laugh our heads off...for hours. Bless his heart, with his pain he's still a kind, gentle, fun loving man. I am praying that his nerves heal (didn't start until after the back fusion) I have heard it can take 2 to 5 years, if it happens at all. There is always hope and I hang on tightly to it.

Thank you Judy for thinking of us! :hug:

Sandman79 02-27-2011 09:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestion

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyM (Post 3733295)
Sandman and Coloradodivegirl, I have a sister who has fibromyalgia and she has been taking Lyrica for a while now - it seems to help her. Also, my sister in law has started taking it for her back (disc) pain.

It is so hard to find something that works for pain! I was on heavy narcotics for 1 1/2 years (oxycodone) and was so glad to get off of them. I was desperate! At the time, I just wanted to lose weight and move my body, but I couldn't. I just popped pills and ate food to have something else in my stomach. My hope for your relatives is that they can start to feel a little better and then find something that works for their pain without adding extra weight. It is such a circle. I am hoping that they can find a way to relieve the pain and then move their bodies to feel better! (crossing my fingers and toes for them!!) :hug: :hug: love and hugs to both!

My mom has tried Lyrica but she couldn't handle it. She has tried several things. Thank you for your suggestion though and Hope!!!

mamarix1 02-27-2011 09:49 PM

Recipe question please

I just went through the IP recipe forum, all 36 pages, wow, some wonderful ideas out there. My question is: Is there a forum for recipes that is not closed? If there is, would someone please send me the link?
Thank you in advance.

mamarix1 02-27-2011 10:21 PM

Plain Crepe Crackers

I'm trying out the recipe for plain crepe crackers right now, sure hope they turn out! I wasn't sure how much water to use the recipe just said to make it slightly thick.

mamarix1 02-27-2011 10:41 PM

cracker failure

If I was try to make the crackers again I would definately put them on parchment paper instead of oiling the pan. They are also way too salty. They are stuck like cement in the bottom of my 8X8.

Mrs Diettrich 02-27-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3733696)
I just went through the IP recipe forum, all 36 pages, wow, some wonderful ideas out there. My question is: Is there a forum for recipes that is not closed? If there is, would someone please send me the link?
Thank you in advance.

Recipes #2 is still open...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3733788)
If I was try to make the crackers again I would definately put them on parchment paper instead of oiling the pan. They are also way too salty. They are stuck like cement in the bottom of my 8X8.

Yes, parchment paper is a MUST with crepe crackers.

Adrean 02-27-2011 11:51 PM

yeesh I shoveled snow this morning (like we didn't have enough already!) I did not feel so hot afterwards (dizzy, lightheaded) wasn't cool.... better take it slower next time (it was like -27 with windchill here today so I was giving her so I could get inside and warm up!)
On a happier note I am really starting to notice a big change in my body this week which will hopefully translate into some good inch loss this week :) according to my scale I'm down another 5lbs but it is always different then my clinics scale so we shall see ;)

Tweety bird 02-27-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3733242)
Hi, my determined friend. I had to make a hurried trip back to the states where my father is quite ill. A long and ugly story about going to a hospital to get pneumonia; mistaking acute dehydration for dementia; (Well, but he's 99, says the nurse); and other miseries, like not being able to bring my few remaining IP packets back into the states and having them confiscated. So much for the spring challenge. But I'm back on the internet now and thanks. You're doing so well. I guess I'll tag along in your shadow for just a little while linger. :hug:

Hi Linden, good to see you back. and sorry to hear about your father, will pray all works out.

EatAnts 02-28-2011 06:08 AM

This thread is now closed

Please reply and continue the great chatter on today's thread: Monday, 28 February 2011