Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 02-23-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #2  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning Everyone. Here is wishing you all a terrific OP day! Welcome to so many new members. This program can be rewarding, exciting, frustrating, challenging and can certainly affect moods as so many of you are discovering! Hang in there and see this through...it works when no other plan does. But what really makes the entire program tick is the members you will meet on this forum. Lots of great ideas, recipes, tidbits, support, as well as sound advice you won't get anywhere else. Oh yes, and a little tough love if needed!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning fellow IP'ers. Here is to another 100% day. I have a few comments and questions I would like to post here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

#1. My wife would like to start this program but is still breastfeeding our 4 month old son and we know this protocol will not work for BF mothers. Does anyone have experience with this or does the alternate plan work? Just looking to gather information. She plans to BF as long as she can up to 12 months I think, but would like to get started after seeing my results, her dad'
s, her mother's, her sister's and now her other sister's results.

#2. I have had great results on this program and feel great and look good too. I can no longer justify the $85 per week when I have done research and can do this (I think) with alternate products. I plan to use mostly GNC Whey protein powders and looking at the comparison's see no major difference. I might even use some Proti diet products to mix it up for my final 6 weeks. I figured the cost would be around 1/5th of IP with the same ingredients. This may belong in the alternates thread, but seems no one reads that one as regularly.

I am tired of the terrible coaching I get at my clinic, they never have answers and just take my money. I can weigh myself at home, research my own answers here and elsewhere. I hope this can still work and think it will. I will keep you updated. I have already chatted with a couple of members on using alternate products. I hope this does not offend any die hard IP members. I would still like to report my progress on here with hopefully the same results. Thoughts?

I still have about 1 week of IP product before I jump into my new adventure. Have a great day all. We all can still do this!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Good Morning!

I just finished up reading yesterday's thread, and thought I'd post a "good morning" before I go to work. I too, was especially hungry last night, and actually ate a couple of extra scallops because I was still so hungry after dinner. Then I had my chocolate pudding snack, still hungry! So then I had a cup of chai and that finally helped get it settled down. Just one of those days I guess!

Some one had mentioned that the days seem to just drag. I feel the same way, I've been on IP for 14 days now, and I feel like I've been doing it for a month. IMO I think that's just because it's still so new to me. I think once I am on it for a couple more weeks, it will become part of the routine, and time will no longer drag. At least that's what I am hoping for!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #5  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Good Morning !

This is gonna be a great day for everyone, I can just feel it!!

Juiceman, I am too new to know anything about an alt program for your wife, but I know one of the smart ones will jump in here and help you out. I don't believe there is any problem with bailing out of the IP products and still posting here. I know there are several who follow the protocol but dont use the products. What I would find helpful is once you phase off the IP products on to other line, it would be nice if you could put that in your siggy line or your personal information. I think you will be fine using other products, good luck!!!

I know Ambertobeme had a WI last night, I'm waiting for her to post her current weight! Go Amber, Go!!!

Day 6 for me and tonight is my WI... OOOOO. I'm very excited for my date with Mr. Scale..... ohh he better talk sweet to me! Yesterday and Sunday I had a harder time then usual getting everything in me. People and friends showing up un unannouced really screws me up! I run this diet like a tight ship, and everything has a time slot, especially when it comes to eating, So needless to say, I didn't get my salad in. AGH! From day one, I only have one salad a day, just can't get anything else in.

Last night I made Rondar's tuna salad, but I don't hae WF mayo so I used my bacon ranch dressing, I had a nibble of it and it was delish!!! It's for my lunch as my WI will screw up my dinner timing, so I'm have dinner for lunch, and a pudding and veggies (which I will have to start working on at about 3 pm.

I really like you Rondar but this is for you, from yesterday I think I'm gonna have a little chat with Jace (pet, pet, pet) and tell him to block the kitchen from you! I know you will start OP today!

Have a awesome day!!!! I'll be hanging in the rafters today and will pop in tonight with my first WI #... Wooo Hoooo...

Last edited by Coloradodivegirl; 02-23-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #6  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon View Post
PICTURE THIS...a sound sleeping 8 yr old nestled in bed......I enter his dark, quiet room and approach him slowly...I take a breath and then begin to tickle, shake, and talk to him in order to wake him up. why you may ask. BECAUSE I TOLD HIM TO HIDE THE BBQ SOY CHIPS!! After a few minutes of getting nothing understandable from him and realizing how ridiculous I probably looked, stopped. I sit here drinking my water and eating a pickle because I have alreay my allowed packets and was craving chips.
This is BLOODY BRILLIANT! I have a 6 year old, and you bet your bum that I'll be asking him to hide the chips and bars when he gets home from school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning fellow IP'ers. Here is to another 100% day. I have a few comments and questions I would like to post here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

#1. My wife would like to start this program but is still breastfeeding our 4 month old son and we know this protocol will not work for BF mothers. Does anyone have experience with this or does the alternate plan work? Just looking to gather information. She plans to BF as long as she can up to 12 months I think, but would like to get started after seeing my results, her dad'
s, her mother's, her sister's and now her other sister's results.

#2. I have had great results on this program and feel great and look good too. I can no longer justify the $85 per week when I have done research and can do this (I think) with alternate products. I plan to use mostly GNC Whey protein powders and looking at the comparison's see no major difference. I might even use some Proti diet products to mix it up for my final 6 weeks. I figured the cost would be around 1/5th of IP with the same ingredients. This may belong in the alternates thread, but seems no one reads that one as regularly.

I am tired of the terrible coaching I get at my clinic, they never have answers and just take my money. I can weigh myself at home, research my own answers here and elsewhere. I hope this can still work and think it will. I will keep you updated. I have already chatted with a couple of members on using alternate products. I hope this does not offend any die hard IP members. I would still like to report my progress on here with hopefully the same results. Thoughts?

I still have about 1 week of IP product before I jump into my new adventure. Have a great day all. We all can still do this!
That is awesome she's so dedicated to breastfeeding! I'll ask my coach about it today.

I don't think you'd belong in the alternates thread. Lots of people use alternative products (myself included on some things). We follow the IP protocol, but not always with IP foods. Aunt Sheshie, for example, uses all alternatives, and Christine gave me a link for some great product the other day. Stay here with us, we love seeing your successes! I know you'll do great with the alternative products, and Jess will let us know if you're not and we'll, as we say, beat you with a caramel nut bar, and you can get back on track. So there.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!!!

I hope everyone will have a good day and stay on protocol!!! I SO will

First of all..Juiceman of course we want to keep hearing about your progress well at least I do so I wish you only the best and you better keep us posted :P

I want it to be 9 PM already..that way my exam will be OVERRR. I am at work now and I am trying to see how I will be able to manage studying and doing all my work. I decided that work was going to wait a couple of hours

I decided that I was going to go back to the gym! I have a membership..and hardly went this year and one of my girlfriends has been going for the past month 5-6 times a week..(intennnnse) and I think I will join her! We weigh the same thing and she lost 20 lbs but is not doing IP. I will continue IP and hopefully when I start running on that treadmill the pounds will melt away!!!

ok..so here goes to my study day (at work :P ) and an AWESOME ROCKING DAY on IP

Have a great day everyone!!

Elissa
xoxox

Last edited by CutieEli; 02-23-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #8  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Lol. Just read my own post, and apparently, I like cursing in British. Whatever. Sounds better than cursing in American, though it's gotten to a point where so many have become desensitized...but I haven't! Oh well. Not starting on THAT here!

Weigh-In 8 today! I'm kinda nervous (ok very nervous) after the last two weeks being such total blah. Whoosh fairy needs to have visited!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188.6/182.2/155

Height: 5'5''

Quick question - I have heard a couple people mention that they had their normal lunch salad and a can of tuna for protein - was this instead of their evening meal or in addition to? I would LOVE to have that for lunch today - but am unwilling to give up dinner with the family tonight?! Thoughts?!?!?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I just finished up reading yesterday's thread, and thought I'd post a "good morning" before I go to work. I too, was especially hungry last night, and actually ate a couple of extra scallops because I was still so hungry after dinner. Then I had my chocolate pudding snack, still hungry! So then I had a cup of chai and that finally helped get it settled down. Just one of those days I guess!

Some one had mentioned that the days seem to just drag. I feel the same way, I've been on IP for 14 days now, and I feel like I've been doing it for a month. IMO I think that's just because it's still so new to me. I think once I am on it for a couple more weeks, it will become part of the routine, and time will no longer drag. At least that's what I am hoping for!

Have a great day everyone!
Hi brand! I was having a hungry day yesterday too! It was bad because it was weigh in day so I was trying to save my snack for after WI. That didnt work!
I also felt the same way around the end of my second week. Don't worry! soon you will hit your groove and it will fly by. All of a sudden I was like wow, I have been on this for 7 weeks! Good luck, you're doing great!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!

I had WI 7 last night and lost 2.5# woohoo! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #12  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

W7 tonight and I don't think I lost any this week. I'm okay with this as long as i've lost some inches, as I've been exercising.

Juiceman, you have to keep posting here and tell us how the Alternative products work. I myself have been thinking about cutting costs. As much as I like my coach, I get more info here and I can weigh and measure myself. Also my Fiance (I love using that word!) wants to start losing weight and I think I could convince him to use alternative products, as we eat the same thing at dinner time, it wouldn't bee too much of a change for him.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Any thoughts on scales? Thinking I want to buy one. (NO, I'm not looking for a relationship with it...ha!) Anybody have one they really like? I welcome any thoughts, thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone, I have a WI today at lunch time...hope it goes well as I had a very challeging weekend and did not do all that well....but started all over again yesterday. One question i had, has anyone had the 1 minute flax muffins? do you think it would be allowed?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #15  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

I too got fed up with my clinic and walked out after weeks of the scale not working and crappy coaching. The final straw was when they made me wait half an hour when I had the first appt in the morning, and lied to me about my time when they had clearly written it on my prior weeks order sheet. They kept calling me and asking when I would reschedule and I blew them off. Had the doctor called me and asked me why I left I might have went back. Anyway, enough of my b*tching.

I use alternate products now. I get the EAS Carb Advantedge and Pure Protien bars from Walmart. Since I live about 10 mins away from Nashua Nutrition I use their Protidiet, Protithin, and HealthSmart products. I like the soy puffs, chicken noodle soup, aspertame free hot chocolate, and on occasion I use the cherry jello (with aspertame). I only miss the IP omelets. I use 1 real egg and 4 oz of egg-beaters. I add some hot sauce to the mix. The eggs come out with a pink tinge, but I do like them spicy.

Last edited by tedski; 02-23-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread