Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Height: 5'7"

I had a big NSV over the weekend! Yesterday I cooked a big valentines day dinner for my daughter and her boyfriend. They are both broke college kids and couldn't afford anything for V-day. I made whoopie pies for my DH for Valentines day. I also got up early today and made Hugs and Kisses Crescent rolls for a party at work. Man, did they smell good. They are basically just hershey kisses baked inside crescent rolls then dusted with powdered sugar. I am a chocaholic and it makes me feel so good to be able to continue to bake and be able to say "NO". Of course it also helps to read the posts on here to stay on track!

Have a great 100% OP Valentines Day everyone!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Valentines Day!

I must say that I love Valentines Day!!

Good Luck to everyone today and stay stong!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #18  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Here's a post from Butterfly30 yesterday that goes begging for an answer. Can't anyone help her?

"So, I'm a smoker. Does anyone know the effect smoking has on weight loss (I know it is BAD for my health) but I want to know how bad it is especially since I am trying to lose weight on IP. Also, I've heard that quitting smoking doesn't necessarily mean that I have to GAIN weight. Comments welcome. Thanks."
I'm a smoker too I quit in 1995 and gained considerable weight. There was a lot of stress in my life from other events which contributed to the weight gain. In 2008 I started smoking again! Another very stressful situation in my family.

When I started Ip they mentioned that trying to quit and lose weight was very difficult and said to lose the weight then try to quit again. Personally, smoking does not effect my weight lost. But, that being said, I am trying to quit while dieting since I am afraid that if I wait until I am at goal, I will gain my weight back by replacing smoking with eating. I am now on the stop smoking aid perscription drug while dieting and hoping to quit smoking by the time I reach goal. I am on a break from IP right now but really watching what I eat and trying to not smoke as much. The drug is working and I am not craving a cigarette nearly as much. Plus, I am not replacing smoking with food. The cigarettes actually taste really bad now and the only reason I reach for one is out of habit. Like talking on the phone, after a meal, and so on.

My advice is that if you want to stop smoking, start now while on IP. Kill two birds with one stone. I personally am tired of being controlled by cigarettes and smelling like a tobacco factory. Here's to our success!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

WI #11 today, down 2 lbs. Great! I've been a pretty slow loser thus far...so I'll take it! I had a big first week loss and then averaging about 1-1/5 lbs a week. Easy does it.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #20  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
I had a big NSV over the weekend! Yesterday I cooked a big valentines day dinner for my daughter and her boyfriend. They are both broke college kids and couldn't afford anything for V-day. I made whoopie pies for my DH for Valentines day. I also got up early today and made Hugs and Kisses Crescent rolls for a party at work. Man, did they smell good. They are basically just hershey kisses baked inside crescent rolls then dusted with powdered sugar. I am a chocaholic and it makes me feel so good to be able to continue to bake and be able to say "NO". Of course it also helps to read the posts on here to stay on track!

Have a great 100% OP Valentines Day everyone!
Wow that is amazing!! gold star for you! I have avoided baking for anything because I don't think I could handle the temptation!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #21  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Day 14: I had some good moments this weekend. I packed up a big box full of carbs and brought them to my parents. I also gave my hubby all of my vday candy i got from family.

today is a difficult day though. i've been sick for the past few days and have been taking antibiotics and decongestants. i am so weak and shaky today. I'm also getting a bit discouraged because i don't think i've lost any weight at all this week. it's hard to continue when you don't see results. i guess i'm just feeling a bit blue
Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #22  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
For SURE the big C makes you retain water. I have often had this problem the past months on IP. Whenever I don't drink all my water, or eat enough salad it happens. I got a bottle of Floralax with my starter kit and I take 1 capsule every 2 to 3 days just to make sure I keep things moving along.
Thanks, Did you get that Floralax from your coach or can you buy it at the store?
I need to do something. Thank you again for your help.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #23  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Happy Valentines Day Everybody!!! Hope every has a great IP day today!! For our dinner tonight my husband and I are having steak and a salad, then for my evening snack I will have a tasty cup of the IP hot chocolate!! MMMM!!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #24  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Here's a post from Butterfly30 yesterday that goes begging for an answer. Can't anyone help her?

"So, I'm a smoker. Does anyone know the effect smoking has on weight loss (I know it is BAD for my health) but I want to know how bad it is especially since I am trying to lose weight on IP. Also, I've heard that quitting smoking doesn't necessarily mean that I have to GAIN weight. Comments welcome. Thanks."
I quit smoking at the same time I started IP. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to reach for someting to eat to replace the cigarette, and thus not gain and weight! I have had a smoke from time to time in the last 6 weeks espicially when I am out with friends who smoke. But I've had a pack in my purse since the begining (a kind of safety blanket) and it's not even half way down. Hopefuly by the time I reach my goal I won't need any!

Last edited by JCWilkie; 02-14-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I see that you are from Kansas, which part? I'm from Pittsburg, in the southeast region. I've noticed that the closer I have gotten to my goal, the slower I've dropped weight.

I`m from Quinter, in the northwest part, about 2 hours from the CO line! Thanks for the encouraging words, I was singing the blues last nite!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Happy Valentines Day Everybody!!! Hope every has a great IP day today!! For our dinner tonight my husband and I are having steak and a salad, then for my evening snack I will have a tasty cup of the IP hot chocolate!! MMMM!!
sounds yummy! enjoy!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #27  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Happy Valentines day everyone. Hope you have a great day, I will be having my fav (compliant) fajita salad from my fav mexican resteraunt. YUMMERZ!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #28  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Is there a thread where all the helpful documents have been uploaded? If not, could we make one? I am trying to find some I glossed over the other and am having no luck!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

Searched for this and couldn`t find the answer, is lemon juice allowed on phase 1 and not lime juice or the other way around? Or not at all? I remember seeing this question somewhere and can`t find it now. Just wanting to use some lemons and lemon juice, in water and to make some salad dressing. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #30  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

I'm so excited. I had my WI this morning and I am down 2 pounds! Wahoo!
Closed Thread