Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea2011 View Post
LOSINGFORGOOD2010, you might have already mentioned this but I missed it... did you phase out before going on your trip, or did you just stay on phase one up until the day you left?
phase 1 till the day I left........... and I felt fine. No nausea... nothing...
Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #62  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
Good morning everyone. I love to start my day reading your posts.

I'm not having a good day today. Yesterday I was in IP bliss...today I am totally aggravated. The scale has not moved in 3 DAYS. This is my 10th day on the program, and my last week for big numbers lost on the scale. I'm following the plan to a "T". What am I doing wrong? I'm hoping my body isn't going into starvation mode.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the scale will not move everyday - sometimes it will only move once in a week -- I know it sucks but that is the reality of our bodies. We as a species are not designed for weight loss it is counter-intuitive to our bodies (which is why it is soooo easy to gain and so dang hard to loose). Your body will loose, rest, recover, loose (this is the cycle of weight loss)- it is a shock to our system to give up weight --letting your body catch up to the reality of what is on the scale takes time. It is important to let your body do the healing and readjustment in order to keep the weight off when we get to maintenance. Keep in mind the average is 2-4 pounds a week for a woman - which means some weeks are going to rock and others - well those are for healing and readjusting. It is hard not to see the scale move - believe me I am living it now--but this is a journey that is going to take as long as it takes and unfortunately there is no way to speed up the process (much to my chagrin)-- We can only control what we put in our mouths, our bodies are in charge of the rest-- in the grand scheme it is probably the way it needs to be in order to maintain our long term goals. -- Wish i had better news for you and for myself...but at least we are on the right path

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #63  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Started Phase 1 again to get that last little weight off and get to 150 and lost 6 lbs in the first week!!!!

I'm so excited and know I can do this. I love IP
Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #64  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Default Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
There is a whole thread/sticky on alternative products you might want to check there to see if anyone knows of an alternative to the IP puddings/shakes. One thing you might try is the plain crepe made into crackers -- it has 18 grams of protein (although it is restricted many of us have been told by our coach we can do a restricted a day). There are no funky ingredients in the plain crepe and you can make some awesome sea salt and rosemary crackers from that mix.

You are correct you do need more protein -- you want to keep from loosing muscle mass and the only way to offset a loss of muscle mass on a calorie restrictive diets is to feed the muscle protein. You do need to get in another protein to protect yourself and your muscles.
Thanks! I just ordered some Lindora puddings- if they give me a migraine, hubby can eat them! worth a try!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #65  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m forgetting what sweeteners we are allowed to use? Is splenda ok? Also, NSV....took a bath last night and my belly doesn`t hardly stick out of the water anymore! I used to look like a beached whale in the bathtub, not anymore! And that`s with only 13#s lost; what will it be like when the other 15-20#s gone?! Can`t wait
I answered your question in yesterday's forum in a little more detail. Page 6 or 7, I believe.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the scale will not move everyday - sometimes it will only move once in a week -- I know it sucks but that is the reality of our bodies. We as a species are not designed for weight loss it is counter-intuitive to our bodies (which is why it is soooo easy to gain and so dang hard to loose). Your body will loose, rest, recover, loose (this is the cycle of weight loss)- it is a shock to our system to give up weight --letting your body catch up to the reality of what is on the scale takes time. It is important to let your body do the healing and readjustment in order to keep the weight off when we get to maintenance. Keep in mind the average is 2-4 pounds a week for a woman - which means some weeks are going to rock and others - well those are for healing and readjusting. It is hard not to see the scale move - believe me I am living it now--but this is a journey that is going to take as long as it takes and unfortunately there is no way to speed up the process (much to my chagrin)-- We can only control what we put in our mouths, our bodies are in charge of the rest-- in the grand scheme it is probably the way it needs to be in order to maintain our long term goals. -- Wish i had better news for you and for myself...but at least we are on the right path
thank you so much cheeky. i have a history of eating disorders and was anorexic for 10 years of my life. when i get on a diet i pop out of bed in the morning and run to the scale. as IP teaches me new ways to eat, maybe I need to teach myself to stay away from the scale and only weigh myself at official WI's. I don't want to drive myself crazy on this diet. i really want to stick to this plan. i've seen such amazing results from people on these boards and it really fuels me to continue.

on a side note...
a tried making my coffee earlier using the vanilla pudding as my powdered creamer. when i added it to the hot coffee it clumped up into a nasty consistency. how do you avoid this?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #67  
i love weight loss

S/C/G: 370/261.4/180

Height: 5'5

did WI and lost 2.4 today. still going strong. i love this diet. looking for new veggies to try though. any suggestions. getting tired of old veggies. how are zuccini's, or yams?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
did WI and lost 2.4 today. still going strong. i love this diet. looking for new veggies to try though. any suggestions. getting tired of old veggies. how are zuccini's, or yams?
from what i was told yams aren't allowed on the IP program, but i love zucchini's. they are a very meaty veggie. i just cut mine up into the size of carrot sticks, spray some Pam in a skillet, and cook them until they are nice and brownish & soft. Then add a bit of sea salt and pepper.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Default home sick- day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
WHERE is Carla?
ditto on the where's carla.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Thank you for sharing. I have used the purple turnips in both my attempts. I put them on a foil lined cookie sheet. I coated them with oil and the sheet, sprinkled with salt and other seasonings and baked at 300° for 20 min then would flip them for another 10-15 min. They would stick and still be mushy. I will try rutabagas next time and use parchment paper.

This looks like a food I would like, but just have not mastered it. It is frustrating me as I like to cook and hate failures. Will give them a shot this weekend.

Thanks again.
my purple top turnip fries haven't turned out yet either.... try try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
It is day 13 for me, and according to my home scale I am down 15lbs. I am hoping for at least one more for tomorrow's weigh-in so I can break an even 8lb loss first and second week. I have been finding myself feeling ridiculously emotional the last few days - crying for no reason, getting way too upset about little things, beyond stressed at work.
I am contemplating taking a day off of work to recuperate from everything going on. I have followed the program to a T since I started and continue to enjoy the weight loss, however I am finding myself feeling more and more afraid of losing the weight. I have never been a healthy weight even since a young age - while I don't like the way that I am now, it is what I have known all my life and don't deal well with change.
just take this journey one day at a time have you given thought to why this possibility makes you fearful? has your life at a heavy weight been happy? how about listing positives you could add to life at your goal weight? trade a few of your fears in on a few positives??? maybe if you look at it like clearing out emotional baggage it'll seem worthwhile work. of course i'm not in your shoes, just trying to throw out food for thought with kind regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
So I'm having a pretty crappy day. I cheated last night.
After weighting myself at home and seeing no change in a week, I gave in and had a large slice of angel food cake. Right after I did it I felt horrible guilt and now I think I might have kicked myself out of ketosis. The worst part of it was I was prepared for a no loss week because of TOM.
W5 tonight, hopefully there are some inches gone as I have been doing some light fat burning exercise.
Sorry to be such a downer, I just need to vent. Here's to a new day, a new week and a new life.
dang it, dang it!! it happens doesn't it......water, water and more water and maybe a workout to deplete the glycogen to fast track back to ketosis. you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post

WI yesterday, -2.2lbs, I'll take it! I'm fighting off a cold and feel like the swampthing today :S

Have a great day everyone.
SWAMPTHING.... perfect description! day 3 home sick stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Amber..congrats!!! Keep it coming!!! :P

I asked in the recipe thread if we were allowed having lentils in phase1 but no one answered..so I am asking here.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smile/wink.gif
I would make Lebanese lentil soup..since this makes my stomach work if you know what I mean( sry! ) without taking any floralax!
Same goes for corn...I know we aren't allowed and I know corn makes some people constipated...but if it does the exact opposite for people..are we still not allowed having any..because of the sugar I presume?
no starchy veggies, including beans, legumes, lentils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m forgetting what sweeteners we are allowed to use? Is splenda ok? Also, NSV....took a bath last night and my belly doesn`t hardly stick out of the water anymore! I used to look like a beached whale in the bathtub, not anymore! And that`s with only 13#s lost; what will it be like when the other 15-20#s gone?! Can`t wait
ah yes, the belly... can't imagine life without it really.....it been around for so long. has never been pretty since i had 2 c-sections. oh, well.. at least i can hope for no muffin top, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngn4God View Post
Morning all...woke up to the wonderful 8-10 inches of snow! I am so tired of the cold and snow. But here in Oklahoma...we only have to wait a few days and it will be all good lol Its like 8 outside today and wwill be around 70 in one week!
I am so excited. I finally broke down and went shopping a few weeks back...and need to go again. I only bought work clothes...and now the pants aren't fitting and I HAVE to buy some jeans...So excited!!!
I ate cereal for breakfast this morning and saved the milk. I am going to make me some snow icecream later. I have vanilla stivia...and with the IP milk...I am so excited. Last week when we had a ton of snow I made it for my kids...so I am going to make me some now wooohooo!!!
Because of the weather I didn't get to weigh in last week...so I hope I get to weigh in tomorrow! A few more pounds and I will weigh what I did on my wedding day (Feb 13)....18 years ago!! I am so excited!!!

I have to say, reading everything on her is wonderful. You all are doing such a great job and I am so excited!!! You all keep me pumped!!! Have a great IP day!!!
snow ice cream... what a great childhood memory! of course mine had lots of fresh cream and white sugar!

Quote:
Good morning everyone. I love to start my day reading your posts.

I'm not having a good day today. Yesterday I was in IP bliss...today I am totally aggravated. The scale has not moved in 3 DAYS. This is my 10th day on the program, and my last week for big numbers lost on the scale. I'm following the plan to a "T". What am I doing wrong? I'm hoping my body isn't going into starvation mode.
svelting!!!! we need another daily weigher smack down in isle 2!! are you eating all your packets and veggies? whats going on for your water and exercise?

[QUOTE=esammy12;3703004]Okay - LADIES!
This is my third week on IP, lost 5 lbs. the first week, 4 lbs the second week and this week - nothing. I keep vascillating .4 - .6 up and down around the same number and today I am up even more. Now. This is the week before my TOM - I should be starting this Sunday. I've read that weight loss slows down around TOM, is this normal then - the week before? I am also a little hungrier, and you know - craving chocolate. But other than that, I don't have any of my usual TOM symptoms, soreness, etc.
Help - and Thank You for your perspectives and wisdom.
Sorry to be such a Newbie.[/QUOTE]

everyone has to be a newbie sometime! no worries here... but if i were you i'd watch our for svelting, she is bound to be issuing you a smackdown along with cajunbumblebee, your daily scale addict partner in crime!! i'd say pay alot of attention to the difference between "hungrier" and craving. if you are stomach hungry have a portion of your program food. if you are craving- battle it to the death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
Just had my 2nd weigh in on Phase II and I'm down -3.5lbs!! I tried a few new recipes... the kale chips were great, I added a bit of vinegar to them with the oil and they were AMAZING!! I made the crustless quiche which was good but I didn't sautee the ham and mushrooms before baking - next time I wont be so lazy! hehe And last night I made fennel salad and it was so easy and yummy! (thanks carla)

This week I will be starting Phase III and can't even imagine eatting MORE food!??! I need some ideas for grab and go/ quick breakfasts. I'm soooo not a morning person, even on Phase one I would not have my breakfast shake till 10am!?
i can't eat breakfast early either...the thought of it makes me nauseated! annieann did you google the flax muffin? just curious
Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #70  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
thank you so much cheeky. i have a history of eating disorders and was anorexic for 10 years of my life. when i get on a diet i pop out of bed in the morning and run to the scale. as IP teaches me new ways to eat, maybe I need to teach myself to stay away from the scale and only weigh myself at official WI's. I don't want to drive myself crazy on this diet. i really want to stick to this plan. i've seen such amazing results from people on these boards and it really fuels me to continue.

on a side note...
a tried making my coffee earlier using the vanilla pudding as my powdered creamer. when i added it to the hot coffee it clumped up into a nasty consistency. how do you avoid this?
You are welcome - I had to break up with my scale as it was creating this monster in me - I would wake up hop on the scale and my entire mood for the day would be determined on a number --isn't that crazy??? (anyway I wouldn't let a boy do that to me so I figured I shouldn't let an inanimate object get the better of me either -- ha, ha, ha) I completely sympathize with being a scale addict. You should be so proud of yourself no matter what the scale says- you conquered and eating disorder that is HUGE -and you are succeeding with a healthy eating plan -- the stars are lining up!!!

As for the pudding -- you have to mix it with water first and then heat it up a bit (like 30 sec-1 min in the microwave) then you can add it to the coffee - or if you are using coffee in place of the water (i.e. making a vanilla latte) let the coffee get luke warm or even cold- add the coffee to the shaker put in your vanilla pudding pack - shake - pour into a cup and then heat in the microwave or on the stove top) Hope that helps
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #71  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
Good job!
I eat zuccini and yellow squash two differnt ways. One way is to cut them into rounds place in a ziplock and add your EVOO and shake around to coat. Place on a baking sheet and season them to taste. I usually use salt, pepper, onion powder, season salt, and garlic and herb Mrs. Dash, in a 350° oven for about 20-25 min. Sometimes broil for an additional 3-4 min to crisp the tops.

The other way is to cut into rounds, half rounds or wedges. Use ziplock bag again to coat with oil. Use aluminum foil and create a pouch that can be sealed up. Season with above seasonings or whatever you like. Seal up the aluminum foil pouch and put in the oven at 350° for about 30 min.

Both are similar in texture and taste, if you want a bit more crisp to the first method, make the rounds a bit thinner and adjust the time cooking.

The pouch method can be used on your BBQ grill or open fire once you break out the grill.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
svelting!!!! we need another daily weigher smack down in isle 2!! are you eating all your packets and veggies? whats going on for your water and exercise?
yes! i need a smackdown!!! haha i am a slave to the scale. i eat all of my packets and veggies, drink 10-12 cups of water a day, no exercise. Totally on protocol and following my Phase I handout. HOWEVER...i haven't had my unlimited lettuce in the past 3 days because i wasn't hungry enough for it. could that be holding me up?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #73  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Anyone on IP in SW Virginia or NE Tennessee

I need to restock my IP supply when I go back to the states in late March. I've sent e-mail to 2 IP representatives asking them where the nearest IP source is to where I'll be -- in Kingsport, Tennessee. Nada. But I know there used to be an IP coach in SW Virginia. Can anyone steer me in the right direction, please?

Last edited by Linden; 02-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

I'm new here. Just started IP on Friday. It has been going pretty well but I am finding it hard to get all the veggies in. I am not a big veggie lover to begin with and have just about overloaded on broccoli & cauliflower. I am looking forward to looking through the recipe section to find some new ways to make/eat veggies. I have been really surprised at how good the food is. One of my sisters had been on IP and didn't care for most of the food but she is also a very picky eater. After all the bad reports I saw on the soup, I was hesitant to try it but made it yesterday with cauliflower and some added spices and thought it was great.
I look forward to getting to know everyone and finding great information here.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #75  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

jd447, when I started 4 weeks ago I was convinced that I was not a veggie person. These are now my faves:
-big salads with 2 cups of cucumbers and Walden Farms balsamic dressing
-roasted asparagus: tossed in EVOO and sea salt and roasted at 475 for 15-17 mins.
-kale chips: tear off kale in 1 inch sections. Toss in a couple tablespoons of EVOO and a dash of apple cider vinegar. Put on parchment paper lined pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10-12 mins at 400 degrees until crispy.

Hope those get you started! Also, make up a stir fry and toss in tons of different veggies.

Good luck!
Closed Thread