Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Morning all...woke up to the wonderful 8-10 inches of snow! I am so tired of the cold and snow. But here in Oklahoma...we only have to wait a few days and it will be all good lol Its like 8 outside today and wwill be around 70 in one week!
I am so excited. I finally broke down and went shopping a few weeks back...and need to go again. I only bought work clothes...and now the pants aren't fitting and I HAVE to buy some jeans...So excited!!!
I ate cereal for breakfast this morning and saved the milk. I am going to make me some snow icecream later. I have vanilla stivia...and with the IP milk...I am so excited. Last week when we had a ton of snow I made it for my kids...so I am going to make me some now wooohooo!!!
Because of the weather I didn't get to weigh in last week...so I hope I get to weigh in tomorrow! A few more pounds and I will weigh what I did on my wedding day (Feb 13)....18 years ago!! I am so excited!!!

I have to say, reading everything on her is wonderful. You all are doing such a great job and I am so excited!!! You all keep me pumped!!! Have a great IP day!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #47  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Hello all today is my first weigh in day and I am excited/nervous! I am definitely going to have to get some new food tonight as lots of the food I initially bought I do not like.
Mainly I find the chocolate pudding gag worthy! even after adding extra water and some splenda still had to force myself to choke it down. I hate the after taste of the peach mango drink I tried to make it into a smoothie today with ice in a blender....needless to say it just ended up a frothy mess...booo. I think I am going to buy the omlettes and the pancakes I am thinking about the Jello but does it taste similar to real jello?? I think part of why I don't like a lot of the food is bc I am hyping it up to taste like normal food! *sigh* what I would give for a piece of peanut butter toast!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #48  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone. I love to start my day reading your posts.

I'm not having a good day today. Yesterday I was in IP bliss...today I am totally aggravated. The scale has not moved in 3 DAYS. This is my 10th day on the program, and my last week for big numbers lost on the scale. I'm following the plan to a "T". What am I doing wrong? I'm hoping my body isn't going into starvation mode.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #49  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
It is day 13 for me, and according to my home scale I am down 15lbs. I am hoping for at least one more for tomorrow's weigh-in so I can break an even 8lb loss first and second week. I have been finding myself feeling ridiculously emotional the last few days - crying for no reason, getting way too upset about little things, beyond stressed at work.
I am contemplating taking a day off of work to recuperate from everything going on. I have followed the program to a T since I started and continue to enjoy the weight loss, however I am finding myself feeling more and more afraid of losing the weight. I have never been a healthy weight even since a young age - while I don't like the way that I am now, it is what I have known all my life and don't deal well with change.
DO NOT take a day off. This will throw you out of ketosis and play even harder on your emotional rollercoaster right now. The first few weeks on IP can throw your hormones out of whack. Females store hormones in their fat so when you start losing quickly, you are changing your body's normal balance. Once you hit week 3 or 4, your body should start leveling out so don't give up now. See it through. It will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m forgetting what sweeteners we are allowed to use? Is splenda ok? Also, NSV....took a bath last night and my belly doesn`t hardly stick out of the water anymore! I used to look like a beached whale in the bathtub, not anymore! And that`s with only 13#s lost; what will it be like when the other 15-20#s gone?! Can`t wait
Splenda and Stevia (aka Truvia and PureVia) are both good options.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 183/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Fyi

Good Morning Everyone!
I just wanted to say that I'm so thankful to have found this forum. It has definitely kept me motived for the past ten whole days I've been on IP. Anyway, I just wanted to say that the first few days were easy, the next three or four were certainly difficult, but now it feels good again. I sit in class most days and people around me are drinking pop and eating chex mix. I feel a little sad that I can't eat it, but then I remember my goal of wearing a bikini for the first time ever. I have never been a culinary artist per se, but now my husband thinks I am! I've gotten so creative and I find that cooking new things makes me oddly happy! I will say though, that between cooking and reading these forums, my studying habits have dwindled. I better nip that in the bud eh?! Anyway, have a great Wednesday, and thank you again! -Dawn
Old 02-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 246/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
Hello all today is my first weigh in day and I am excited/nervous! I am definitely going to have to get some new food tonight as lots of the food I initially bought I do not like.
Mainly I find the chocolate pudding gag worthy! even after adding extra water and some splenda still had to force myself to choke it down. I hate the after taste of the peach mango drink I tried to make it into a smoothie today with ice in a blender....needless to say it just ended up a frothy mess...booo. I think I am going to buy the omlettes and the pancakes I am thinking about the Jello but does it taste similar to real jello?? I think part of why I don't like a lot of the food is bc I am hyping it up to taste like normal food! *sigh* what I would give for a piece of peanut butter toast!
The jello is good, kinda crappy to make as it clumps. After its solid though it's more like knox jello blocks. I can eat it every day. I don't care for the puddings either but if made into a shake I can usually get it down. Not my fave though. The chocolate drink made and then heated in the microwave is good. The orange drink tastes like Tang to me (but gives me heartburn). I like the pina colada too. I dont really care for any of the soy nuts or choco puffs. I really like the barbq ridges and salt and vinegar ridges crushed up on my salad as croutons. Spagetti is good but doesnt taste anything like spagetti. Havent tried the chili. I stay away from the bars because they just make me want more. The cereal was absolutely disgusting to me...im gonna try it in a pancake. The chocolate pancake was gross so havent tried any of the others. We'll see how bored and desperate I get.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Okay - LADIES!
This is my third week on IP, lost 5 lbs. the first week, 4 lbs the second week and this week - nothing. I keep vascillating .4 - .6 up and down around the same number and today I am up even more. Now. This is the week before my TOM - I should be starting this Sunday. I've read that weight loss slows down around TOM, is this normal then - the week before? I am also a little hungrier, and you know - craving chocolate. But other than that, I don't have any of my usual TOM symptoms, soreness, etc.
Help - and Thank You for your perspectives and wisdom.
Sorry to be such a Newbie.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngn4God View Post
I am going to make me some snow icecream later. I have vanilla stivia...and with the IP milk...!
We're having a blizzard in Arkansas right now - so I love the idea of snow icecream. I haven't had that since I was a kid!

I'm so excited - woke up and saw the number 17 on the scale - as in 179lbs. I haven't seen those numbers in all most 10 years. All the while I was killing myself with exercise and starving. This is amazing.

Every night I go to bed thinking I didn't do so well - and the next morning the scale goes down a little more. I've got to get more confidence in myself. I'm making the right choices - so I have no idea why I think I'm not doing good.

I'm working from home today b/c of the snow and MAN it would be so easy to make some sugary comfort food - but I come back to this board and remember why I'm doing this.

Last night I took a Carmel bar and heated it in the microwave for a few seconds - it was like warm fudge - HEAVEN!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Just had my 2nd weigh in on Phase II and I'm down -3.5lbs!! I tried a few new recipes... the kale chips were great, I added a bit of vinegar to them with the oil and they were AMAZING!! I made the crustless quiche which was good but I didn't sautee the ham and mushrooms before baking - next time I wont be so lazy! hehe And last night I made fennel salad and it was so easy and yummy! (thanks carla)

This week I will be starting Phase III and can't even imagine eatting MORE food!??! I need some ideas for grab and go/ quick breakfasts. I'm soooo not a morning person, even on Phase one I would not have my breakfast shake till 10am!?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #55  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Yesterday when the snow in Kansas started I got to go home early from work. I stopped at the grocery store and picked up stuff for dinner. I had the BEST stuffed green peppers. My roommate who does not eat anything green even ate some AND he had seconds.

Also, there was a question yesterday about the ounces in meat changing. When I went to my WI on Monday my coach told me that meat is all the same now at 7 ounces.

Hope those of you that have the snow are enjoying it! Have a great day.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good morninq everyone!!
It is a cold morning here in VA.
After 5 weeks of being on IP I decided to start doing some light exercise thinking it would speed up the weight loss. I got on the scale this morning, (no breakfast yet) and I have actually gained .6 pounds!!! I don't understand!!! My official WI is tomorrow and I think I am going to lose very little, if any weight. My exercise was not strenuous, I just walked for 30 min and did some push ups and ab exercises. My heart rate was in the fat burning zone.
I was ok thinking my weight loss could slow down but I am NOT ok with gaining weight!!
I am kind of sad. Should I stop working out? I feel good doing it but if it is going to make me gain weight or not loose ANY weight, I am going to stop.
Is this normal? What kind of excercise should I do if I want to help my weight loss?
Hi Lily - this happened to me this past Sunday. I was feeling so jazzed about my weight loss and thought "I"ll just speed things up" by jumping on my beloved treadmill that night for a 45 minute late night intensive and the next day my weight was up .8 !!! But the worst part was that the next day I felt like I had the flu, was beyond tired, drained, exhausted, sort of ill and it took me 2 days to recover. Definitely not normal for me. So, I was told to read all the threads on Exercise - and I haven't walked since Sunday. I also haven't lost any weight this week (week 3 for me), may walk lightly this afternoon. It's apparently, a tough balance to find. But I feel your frustration!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #57  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

I need your help

Good afternoon-

well I too would like to know if there is an alternative pudding to IP- but made with Stevia NOT splenda or sucralose..( migraine trigger for me)

I really need a 3rd protein at night.. I have only been doing 2 a day- my protein shake for breakfast and IP's soup for lunch with salad and allowed EVOO ( I can't even tolerate the WF dressings with the sucralose)
then I have been eating IP allowed dinner ..
I just don't want to drink another protein shake bAfter dinner- but could get down a pudding easily-haha

I know It's amazing I have dropped 7 pounds in 1 week doing only 2 proteins.. But I KNOW my body needs more..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #58  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Okay - LADIES!
This is my third week on IP, lost 5 lbs. the first week, 4 lbs the second week and this week - nothing. I keep vascillating .4 - .6 up and down around the same number and today I am up even more. Now. This is the week before my TOM - I should be starting this Sunday. I've read that weight loss slows down around TOM, is this normal then - the week before? I am also a little hungrier, and you know - craving chocolate. But other than that, I don't have any of my usual TOM symptoms, soreness, etc.
Help - and Thank You for your perspectives and wisdom.
Sorry to be such a Newbie.
This is exactly what happened to me -- but I knew this going in -- prior to IP I have always gained water weight prior to TOM - and then two days in my system flushes and I am back to normal - I figured the same thing would happen on IP -- although I only lost 0.7 pounds it was still a loss -- normally (prior to IP) I would pack on 5-6 pounds of water weight - so the fact I didn't gain weight was a miracle. We will see how the scales play out this week. Try not to worry about it-- keep doing the plan (and maybe give up your exercise if you are still doing it for a week or so) if not this week --you will be lighter by next weeks weigh in. You are doing a fantastic job -- this is just your healing week. Ask the coach to measure you if you don't get a result you like -- I will bet you have lost inches even if the scale doesn't show a result you would like to see

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-09-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Height: 5'3"

LOSINGFORGOOD2010, you might have already mentioned this but I missed it... did you phase out before going on your trip, or did you just stay on phase one up until the day you left?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #60  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

I need your help

Good afternoon-

well I too would like to know if there is an alternative pudding to IP- but made with Stevia NOT splenda or sucralose..( migraine trigger for me)

I really need a 3rd protein at night.. I have only been doing 2 a day- my protein shake for breakfast and IP's soup for lunch with salad and allowed EVOO ( I can't even tolerate the WF dressings with the sucralose)
then I have been eating IP allowed dinner ..
I just don't want to drink another protein shake bAfter dinner- but could get down a pudding easily-haha

I know It's amazing I have dropped 7 pounds in 1 week doing only 2 proteins.. But I KNOW my body needs more..
There is a whole thread/sticky on alternative products you might want to check there to see if anyone knows of an alternative to the IP puddings/shakes. One thing you might try is the plain crepe made into crackers -- it has 18 grams of protein (although it is restricted many of us have been told by our coach we can do a restricted a day). There are no funky ingredients in the plain crepe and you can make some awesome sea salt and rosemary crackers from that mix.

You are correct you do need more protein -- you want to keep from loosing muscle mass and the only way to offset a loss of muscle mass on a calorie restrictive diets is to feed the muscle protein. You do need to get in another protein to protect yourself and your muscles.
Closed Thread