3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 9 February 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/225213-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-9-february-2011-a.html)

wyoangel 02-09-2011 02:55 PM

Crispy turnip fries.....

Ok, after 23 weeks of soggy turnip fries I got them crispy! I have a french fry slicer that has 2 sizes...regular and shoestring. I plopped my turnip down in the middle of it and FORCED my turnip through the shoestring size (much harder than a potato!). I then salted liberally and laid them on several paper towels to draw moisture out. After about 30 minutes I rinsed in cool water. I then drizzled a little EVOO and seasoned them. I then baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes....watch them carefully, they go from crispy to crackling quickly! They were nice...I had over seasoned them so they were SALTY but I managed because of the crispness!

Happy cooking!

juiceman11 02-09-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoangel (Post 3703403)
Crispy turnip fries.....

Ok, after 23 weeks of soggy turnip fries I got them crispy! I have a french fry slicer that has 2 sizes...regular and shoestring. I plopped my turnip down in the middle of it and FORCED my turnip through the shoestring size (much harder than a potato!). I then salted liberally and laid them on several paper towels to draw moisture out. After about 30 minutes I rinsed in cool water. I then drizzled a little EVOO and seasoned them. I then baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes....watch them carefully, they go from crispy to crackling quickly! They were nice...I had over seasoned them so they were SALTY but I managed because of the crispness!

Happy cooking!

Wahoo, I will try this again. Hope mine turn out. Thanks for sharing. :carrot:

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 02-09-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Crispy turnip fries.....

Happy cooking!

YUM sounds good. what is the diff between rutabagas and turnip? turnip has the purple at the top? or no?

rondar 02-09-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrean (Post 3702894)
Hello all today is my first weigh in day and I am excited/nervous! I am definitely going to have to get some new food tonight as lots of the food I initially bought I do not like.
Mainly I find the chocolate pudding gag worthy! even after adding extra water and some splenda still had to force myself to choke it down. I hate the after taste of the peach mango drink I tried to make it into a smoothie today with ice in a blender....needless to say it just ended up a frothy mess...booo. I think I am going to buy the omlettes and the pancakes I am thinking about the Jello but does it taste similar to real jello?? I think part of why I don't like a lot of the food is bc I am hyping it up to taste like normal food! *sigh* what I would give for a piece of peanut butter toast!

they really set us up too, don't they with the marketing and such of the foods... hidden valley ranch dressing has NO equal!! lol it does go better if you try not to decide what the food should taste like before you eat it. have a taste, then decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3703095)

I need your help

Good afternoon-

well I too would like to know if there is an alternative pudding to IP- but made with Stevia NOT splenda or sucralose..( migraine trigger for me)

I really need a 3rd protein at night.. I have only been doing 2 a day- my protein shake for breakfast and IP's soup for lunch with salad and allowed EVOO ( I can't even tolerate the WF dressings with the sucralose)
then I have been eating IP allowed dinner ..
I just don't want to drink another protein shake bAfter dinner- but could get down a pudding easily-haha

I know It's amazing I have dropped 7 pounds in 1 week doing only 2 proteins.. But I KNOW my body needs more..

linden would say have a heart and protect your muscles with the recommended protein servings! :val1: do you like tea in the evenings? if so try a chai type decaf with a vanilla drink added to a strong chai tea. i like to add more cinnamon and chinese 5 spice.. it is so yummy and relaxing....

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3703134)
There is a whole thread/sticky on alternative products you might want to check there to see if anyone knows of an alternative to the IP puddings/shakes. One thing you might try is the plain crepe made into crackers -- it has 18 grams of protein (although it is restricted many of us have been told by our coach we can do a restricted a day). There are no funky ingredients in the plain crepe and you can make some awesome sea salt and rosemary crackers from that mix.:)

You are correct you do need more protein -- you want to keep from loosing muscle mass and the only way to offset a loss of muscle mass on a calorie restrictive diets is to feed the muscle protein. You do need to get in another protein to protect yourself and your muscles.

sea salt and rosemary crackers... OMG :hun: that sounds to die for...

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 3703163)
Started Phase 1 again to get that last little weight off and get to 150 and lost 6 lbs in the first week!!!!

I'm so excited and know I can do this. I love IP :)

carlasherea- keep us posted how your body reacts to IP round two... i'm curious.. :goodluck:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee (Post 3703300)
thank you so much cheeky. i have a history of eating disorders and was anorexic for 10 years of my life. when i get on a diet i pop out of bed in the morning and run to the scale. as IP teaches me new ways to eat, maybe I need to teach myself to stay away from the scale and only weigh myself at official WI's. I don't want to drive myself crazy on this diet. i really want to stick to this plan. i've seen such amazing results from people on these boards and it really fuels me to continue.

on a side note...
a tried making my coffee earlier using the vanilla pudding as my powdered creamer. when i added it to the hot coffee it clumped up into a nasty consistency. how do you avoid this?

cajunbumblebee- wow i obviously gave very shallow advise for your fears. looks like you have alot of life experience i know not one thing about. i wonder if we all have a strange relationship with our food?

temper all of your powdered proteins with a small amount of cool liquid first and add back to hot and reheat if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbelle (Post 3703323)
did WI and lost 2.4 today. still going strong. i love this diet. looking for new veggies to try though. any suggestions. getting tired of old veggies. how are zuccini's, or yams?

someone mentioned zucchini chips.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee (Post 3703361)
yes! i need a smackdown!!! haha i am a slave to the scale. i eat all of my packets and veggies, drink 10-12 cups of water a day, no exercise. Totally on protocol and following my Phase I handout. HOWEVER...i haven't had my unlimited lettuce in the past 3 days because i wasn't hungry enough for it. could that be holding me up?

some would say drink water equal to as many ounces as half your body weight plus 10 oz. someone correct me if i'm wrong on the formula please..... of course i didn't notice your current weight either... ummmm this is a little invasive, but how is your bowel working? constipation can be a problem, esp without the lettuce....

there is also this thing some people call a whoosh fairy.... she comes just when you think the scale is never going to move and then... BAM she strikes just like a dream......:wizard: hope she visits you soon!

JSP 02-09-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3703352)
You are welcome :hug:- I had to break up with my scale as it was creating this monster in me - I would wake up hop on the scale and my entire mood for the day would be determined on a number --isn't that crazy??? (anyway I wouldn't let a boy do that to me so I figured I shouldn't let an inanimate object get the better of me either -- ha, ha, ha) I completely sympathize with being a scale addict.

Love this CheekyWit! :D 'Breaking up with your scale'!

When I don't loose the way I want, I give my scale a dirty look....that'll show him!:dizzy:

reinergirl 02-09-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash825 (Post 3703396)
jd447, when I started 4 weeks ago I was convinced that I was not a veggie person. These are now my faves:
-big salads with 2 cups of cucumbers and Walden Farms balsamic dressing
-roasted asparagus: tossed in EVOO and sea salt and roasted at 475 for 15-17 mins.
-kale chips: tear off kale in 1 inch sections. Toss in a couple tablespoons of EVOO and a dash of apple cider vinegar. Put on parchment paper lined pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10-12 mins at 400 degrees until crispy.

Hope those get you started! Also, make up a stir fry and toss in tons of different veggies.

Good luck!

On the kale chips...is it the green part? Never eaten it before so I have no clue. I had WI#3 today....4 Pounds and 8.25 inches lost! Definitely makes up for the dud of last week and the small cheat. I am down 16 pounds in three weeks.:carrot:

Coastalcrafter 02-09-2011 03:28 PM

RONDAR wrote 'do you like tea in the evenings? if so try a chai type decaf with a vanilla drink added to a strong chai tea. i like to add more cinnamon and chinese 5 spice.. it is so yummy and relaxing....'

Thanks I will try that.

rondar 02-09-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3703385)
I need to restock my IP supply when I go back to the states in late March. I've sent e-mail to 2 IP representatives asking them where the nearest IP source is to where I'll be -- in Kingsport, Tennessee. Nada. But I know there used to be an IP coach in SW Virginia. Can anyone steer me in the right direction, please?

ideal to go dot com? will they ship internationally?

Quote:

Crispy turnip fries.....

Happy cooking!

bless you wyoangel! who would think it would be so tricky?

Bretley 02-09-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 3703430)
YUM sounds good. what is the diff between rutabagas and turnip? turnip has the purple at the top? or no?

Turnips are a white bottom and purple top, rutabagas are yellow-ish bottom with yellow-ish top. At least that's how they are labelled at my grocery store, haha. Also rutabaga's are a occasional veggie, and turnips are not.

longdivision 02-09-2011 03:42 PM

i rewarded myself for meeting my first mini-goal with a Sonicare toothbrush. it just came today. the reason this was my choice for my first reward is because my teeth have felt so dirty ever since ketosis started. anyone else have this problem? it seemed that no matter how many times i brushed in a day, my teeth would feel terrible agin after 30 mins. anyhow, i used the sonicare today and my teeth feel cleaner than ever!

Linden 02-09-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3703458)
ideal to go dot com? will they ship internationally?

Actually, the two people I was told to get in touch with are Ideal To Go representatives. As to international shipping, the problem is with customs (as well as the horrendous cost). I'd prefer to buy supplies in the states and carry them back. But thanks so much for the thought.

serendipityberry 02-09-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3703476)
i rewarded myself for meeting my first mini-goal with a Sonicare toothbrush. it just came today. the reason this was my choice for my first reward is because my teeth have felt so dirty ever since ketosis started. anyone else have this problem? it seemed that no matter how many times i brushed in a day, my teeth would feel terrible agin after 30 mins. anyhow, i used the sonicare today and my teeth feel cleaner than ever!

Totally! I use my Sonicare as well, but you have to try 3D white effects toothpaste from Crest. It has the slightest bit of graininess to remove surface stains. You'll love it!

rulemom 02-09-2011 03:57 PM

Score one for the red hot mess!!! Just back from WI #3 and -4.6 lbs. A grand total of 14.8 lbs and 12 inches. Just when I think I can't Wednesday gets here and then BAM I can go one more week. Really could not have gone this far without you guys. My goal weight 3 weeks ago was 175 because I thought that would be impossible. Started at 193 now 178. Talked with my coach and says pounds lost is good but should look at BMI. So we are going to get my BMI down and not focus so much on numbers. For my height I should probabaly weigh 115-120 and my coach says that is a real possibility for me now. Riding high on the weight loss wave right now. ( FYI numbers do so count for me). Thanks for listening to me brag!! Off to the orthodontist with the kids. Happy day for all the " loser" today and anyone who just made through the day. One day at a time!!!

Linden 02-09-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reinergirl (Post 3703445)
I had WI#3 today....4 Pounds and 8.25 inches lost! Definitely makes up for the dud of last week and the small cheat. I am down 16 pounds in three weeks.:carrot:

Nice work!

Hollmark 02-09-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Crispy turnip fries.....

Happy cooking!

Thanks for the tip, I've been eating turnip fries for weeks...I love them! They are a yummy treat!! I actually prefer them to "real" fries!