IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8 February 2011

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - Monday, 7 February 2011
  • Good Morning!!!! I went to bed about 9;30pm last night si I was awake at 4am! I drank water and waited til now to make my first protein shake of the day-yum! Its wonderful to desire to eat only healthy foods !

Today was my offficial 1 week weigh in- down 7 pounds exactly. Now onto week 2, which is usually a small loss, but I'll am so motivated by this gorgeous dress.
    When I go to be measured for this dress in 2 weeks to order it- I am going to ask her to order 1 size smaller-and can have alterations done in mid June, if needed to be taken in some more..we do lose inches on this diet faster than any other way of eating I have EVER been on!!

Don't you just love the golden color of the dress?
    The other dress I had picked out ( that fit) was the typical dress with jacket over it.. kinda frumpy..I felt sad in it.. but THIS dress I feel ' alive'...

I promise to post a pic of me in the dress - but you will have to wait til summer...golden godess here I come!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: Good Morning!!!! I went to bed about 9;30pm last night si I was awake at 4am! I drank water and waited til now to make my first protein shake of the day-yum! Its wonderful to desire to eat only healthy foods !

Today was my offficial 1 week weigh in- down 7 pounds exactly. Now onto week 2, which is usually a small loss, but I'll am so motivated by this gorgeous dress.
    When I go to be measured for this dress in 2 weeks to order it- I am going to ask her to order 1 size smaller-and can have alterations done in mid June, if needed to be taken in some more..we do lose inches on this diet faster than any other way of eating I have EVER been on!!

The other dress I had picked out ( that fit) was the typical dress with jacket over it.. kinda frumpy..I felt sad in it.. but THIS dress I feel ' alive'...

I promise to post a pic of me in the dress - but you will have to wait til summer...golden godess here I come!!!!!!!!!!
    You're right that dress is incredible..wow what a great goal to be wearing that...no more frumpy clothes...we get in a rut with weight and clothes..I've shed all my frumpy clothes..

• Good morning everybody have a great IP day. I wish success to all of you on your weight loss journey today. Remember you all can do this.
  • Okay let's try this again. Good morning. We are expecting MORE snow today. I have a quick question: my husband just tried to fix the chocolate pancake and it turned into mush. Where did he go wrong. He is a little cranky (little ha) and this am and the pancake fiasco threw him over the edge. Thank God for the 10 hour workday. WI # 3 tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Have a great day. We can make it one day!!!
  • Good morning!!
    I am really happy today, yesterday was my first time exercising while on IP, I walked for half an hour and kept my heart rate at a fat burning pace.
    I hope this does not make me slow down. People are starting to notice my weight loss. I have gotten so many compliments and people are asking me about IP all the time.
    I have two co-workers that want to start the program but they think it is really expensive and that is what keeps them from trying it. I tell them I had to save to start the diet because at my clinic it costs a little more than 300 dollars for the starter kit with 35 packets and the supplements. The weigh-ins are free but that first payment is the one that hurts the most.

Anyway, let's see how the exercise works for me. I hope you all have a great day.
  • Morning Everyone! Here is wishing you all a wonderfilled IP kinda day! Coastalcrafter...that is one very gorgeous dress you have picked out! With your motivation I am guessing it will still need to be taken in before the wedding - even if you buy one size smaller!
    Day 4 for phase III - things are going well but I would love to be able to spread that big breakfast out over most of the day. That is a lot of food to consume all in one sitting after doing IP for months! My weight has crept up about .5 lb so far - and that is plently. I would have liked to lose a little bit while on phase III - we shall see how the next 10 days play out.
  • Good morning all......... here is to day 3 back on IP... hope you all have a great day!
  • Quote: Good morning!!

I have two co-workers that want to start the program but they think it is really expensive and that is what keeps them from trying it. I tell them I had to save to start the diet because at my clinic it costs a little more than 300 dollars for the starter kit with 35 packets and the supplements. The weigh-ins are free but that first payment is the one that hurts the most.

Anyway, let's see how the exercise works for me. I hope you all have a great day.
    Good morning!!

At first I tought it was really expensive too.. and I'm without a job right now so it's more complicated..

But for now THIS is my priority and I cut on the restaurants and drinks, so it helps. If it's your priority you can cut things to make it happen! No more shopping.. I reserve it for later and my new hot body!!
  • Good morning, friends! Having a very rough couple of days on this...the cravings I'm having are unbelievable! Seriously, I just want a pb&j, and I don't even LIKE them. Yesterday was just a blah day all around, anyway, and today HAS to be better. If it's not...well, I'm just going to go to bed early and hope for Wednesday (my favorite day, hump day, you know...HA!).

Quote: Okay let's try this again. Good morning. We are expecting MORE snow today. I have a quick question: my husband just tried to fix the chocolate pancake and it turned into mush. Where did he go wrong. He is a little cranky (little ha) and this am and the pancake fiasco threw him over the edge. Thank God for the 10 hour workday. WI # 3 tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Have a great day. We can make it one day!!!
    I love that you're thankful for a break from each other. Love it! Oh, and the chocolate pancake was a disaster for me, as were the crepes and the omelet, even in a brand new non-stick pan.

Quote: You're right that dress is incredible..wow what a great goal to be wearing that...no more frumpy clothes...we get in a rut with weight and clothes..I've shed all my frumpy clothes..
    Definitely ruts with clothes! Yay for the lack of frump in your life!

Quote: Good Morning!!!! I went to bed about 9;30pm last night si I was awake at 4am! I drank water and waited til now to make my first protein shake of the day-yum! Its wonderful to desire to eat only healthy foods !

ONE size down? I've already lost three sizes in a month and a half...Maybe two? I hate for your lovely dress to not fit. But of course, it can always be remade smaller!

Quote: Good morning!!
    I am really happy today, yesterday was my first time exercising while on IP, I walked for half an hour and kept my heart rate at a fat burning pace.
    I hope this does not make me slow down. People are starting to notice my weight loss. I have gotten so many compliments and people are asking me about IP all the time.

I hope it works for you! It's been working wonderfully for me, as long as I stay in the fat burning range and don't do anything strenuous!
  • And one more thing...if you haven't tried turnip fries you are missing out! They are delcious and are a great substitute for the potato fries. Try them..you won't be disappointed. They are just not an everyday snack.
  • Quote: And one more thing...if you haven't tried turnip fries you are missing out! They are delcious and are a great substitute for the potato fries. Try them..you won't be disappointed. They are just not an everyday snack.

I have tried the Turnip fries twice now with so so results. First time I think they were too thick and never dried out and started to burn.

Second time I cut them too thin and they shrivled up to nothing but were still a bit mushy.

What size did you make your fries? Were they crunchy? Any tips on how to prepare them would be helpful.

Thank you.
  • Good morning everyone! My WI is tonight and I'm hoping for 3 lbs. We'll see. One more week on phase I and then I phase off for my vacation. Very exciting, but a little scary too!

Quote: Good morning all......... here is to day 3 back on IP... hope you all have a great day!
    Another wonderful picture from your vacation! It's really motivating!
  • I am so excited. Went for my WI yesterday and I'm down 4 pounds! I've been up and down at the same weight for the last month or so (yes my fault). IT was very exciting to see the numbers drop. Here's to another week 100% OP so I can do it again.

Quote: Good Morning!!!! I went to bed about 9;30pm last night si I was awake at 4am! I drank water and waited til now to make my first protein shake of the day-yum! Its wonderful to desire to eat only healthy foods !

Just asking, but are you sure ordering it only 1 size smaller is a good idea? I know that since I've been doing this (4 months) I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14. You've got a long way till summer and I'd hate for you to get "the dress" and then have it be too big.

Quote: Okay let's try this again. Good morning. We are expecting MORE snow today. I have a quick question: my husband just tried to fix the chocolate pancake and it turned into mush. Where did he go wrong. He is a little cranky (little ha) and this am and the pancake fiasco threw him over the edge. Thank God for the 10 hour workday. WI # 3 tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Have a great day. We can make it one day!!!
    I'm from Wichita too! What clinic do you go to?
  • Quote: Okay let's try this again. Good morning. We are expecting MORE snow today. I have a quick question: my husband just tried to fix the chocolate pancake and it turned into mush. Where did he go wrong. He is a little cranky (little ha) and this am and the pancake fiasco threw him over the edge. Thank God for the 10 hour workday. WI # 3 tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Have a great day. We can make it one day!!!
    I actually had the same problem the first time I made the pancakes. I think if you add one egg white it helps with consistency. That is usually what I do when making the crepes/pancakes. Hope that helps.

On a good note, I have been losing about 1lb a week since I fell under the 200's. So I steped on my scale at home and it looks like I have already lost 2.5 lbs. I go for a WI tomorrow I hope it shows the same or more. It would be so nice to get out of this rut.

I wish every one a wounderful day.